Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,930 members, 7,906,492 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 11:32 AM

PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo - Literature (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo (152091 Views)

TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo / Lost in Lust [A story by Toyin Olorunsola] / BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 7:09pm On Apr 11, 2019
By 7pm the villagers had filled up the venue. They need no other persuasions to come for the crusade. They saw with their eyes two great miracles in a day. One the chief priest cast a spell to

kill the Christians and they didn’t die. Also banana came from no where into their village from a strange man that they claimed was the God they served, what has never happened before.
After the praise and worship. Pastor David mounted the crusade stage. He preached the word of God to the people, gave altar calls. Then God started working miracles through him. The blind, the sick we’re all healed. And the people believed more. By 10pm the crusade ended. They announced that all the villagers should assembled at the Oba's palace the next day for some discussion.
They got back to their lodge and thank God for everything he did in the crusade. The caterers had prepared dinner before they came back and they ate. People went to check on Ademide, Pastor David just went straight to his tent after asking after her from her sister. Everyone to his tent.
The next day, no fasting. The caterers prepared yam and egg that morning. Ademide was much more better and strong. Her mum came with her food.
“Who owns the second food?” Ademide asked curiously.
“Pastor David!” Her Mum replied.
“Why are you the one serving him? Where’s his PA” Ademide questioned her mum.
“Christian is not around, he went to town and won’t be back until later”
“You should have sent Adeola or anybody to do that!”
He made a personal request for that and I think I know why”
“Why!” Ademide asked.

“I’m coming let me go and give him his food” Mummy Adetula left and Ademide started eating. Wole came in afterwards.
“You didn’t wait for me, that’s bad” He said jokingly.
“Just started eating, come and join me” she said and he sat beside her.
“Here, he brought out the beverages she brought and she helped her prepare it. He joined her as they ate together.
Adeola’s came in with her food and met them eating. How will this food be enough for the both of you, let me go get and an extra plate for you” She left the tent and came back with an extra plate. They gisted about the previous day as they eat.
Mummy Adetula came back with her own food too. Wole greeted her and some minutes later he left.
“Mum you were saying something earlier” Ademide reminded her mum.
“What was she saying” Adeola asked and she briefed her.
“That Jane is obsessed with Pastor David. You need to see the way she reacted to me now” Mummy Adetula said.
“Huh! Everyone had noticed that already. She has nothing in her head aside Pastor David’s name. She even bragged about going to the same school with him. That they were best of friends, infact yesterday night, I just left them outside and went back to my tent pissed” Adeola informed.
“Good for Pastor David. He already find himself a wife”
“He can’t marry that kind of a lady. She doesn’t suit him. Imagine I saw her eating yesterday when everyone is fasting” Mummy Adetula said.
“Mummy, God bless you, that lady is nothing near been born again. She is just faking it. I tell you, I just saw her true colour here in this village” Adeola added.
As they were gisting Wole came back and they ended the gist. Adeola and her mum left to attend to some things outside the tent. Wole sat beside Ademide on the bed. He cut the apples he brought into slices and they started eating together.
“Hello, can I come in”
“That’s Pastor voice” Wole whispers to Ademide. “Come in sir” he said.
“Good morning” Pastor David greeted them and they responded. Wole stood up to acknowledge him.
“No, have your seat, I just came to check up on her” he said pointing at Ademide. “How are you feeling now?”
“I feel better. Thanks” she replied concentrating on her apples. And slowly she thanked him for the other day.
“Hope you rest well Pastor, you had a long day yesterday” Wole said.
“We all did my brother. But I’m good. Thanks. I’ll take my leave now, we have to be at the Oba’s house in…. (he checked his wrist watch) 15minutes”
“That’s true, I’m after you sir”
“I’m coming too” Ademide said and sat up.
“You can stay back, we are going home today. So just relax here till we come back” Pastor David said but she looked at Wole’s face as if telling him to do something.
“Pastor, it’s like she doesn’t want to stay back. I’ll bring her along in the car, so the stress won’t be much for her”
“Do as you please” He said pocketing. He took another look at Ademide who never listen to him. She made sure she avoided his gaze. He just shaked his head and left.

Some minutes later they were all in the palace with villagers who came to listen to what they have to say.
The Oba came in an everyone paid obeisance. He sat on his throne, then Pastor David stood up to address the people. He first of all thanked them for accepting them into their village, he thanked all those who supported them most especially the king. Then he told them of the plans the church have for them.
“One, we are bringing electricity into this village” he said and all the villagers shouted for Joy.
“Secondly, we are going to renovate the primary and secondary school you have here” They shouted again. When the noise subsided he continued.
“We are building a clinic and we will make provisions for two nurses and a doctor for the main time” They all went Gaga, jumping and hailing.
“Thirdly, we will make five bore holes. And one will be in the palace.
“Lastly we are building a church with mission house. In that mission house we’ll make provisions for rooms to accommodate the Pastor, nurses and the resident doctor that are coming down here. Also we can send delegate to come at any time to check up on you” The villages were so happy. Someone raise a song and all the villagers joined in singing and dancing even the Oba stood up and danced with them. Drummers in the palace started drumming and everyone was dancing with joy.
After some minutes. They stopped the songs. Then the king addressed them. He was grateful to the Pastor and all the crew that came with him, he also apologized on what happened the previous day. He said God had already proved himself to all the people of Ilati that he is the living God. He called his servants to bring the things he had prepared for their visitors. The servants brought in all different kinds of fruits in the season. 10 Bush meats, 20 fowls, 2goats, tubers of yam, big snails. Oba said it’s just a token from them in appreciation of the great thing they’ve done for them. All the village hailed. Everyone greeted each other and sang one of the gospel songs their visitors thought them. Everyone sang and left one after the other.
The evangelism group returned to their lodge with all the gifts that was presented to them, left to them they wouldn’t have accepted it but this is Yoruba land and an Oba’s gift can’t be rejected. Rejecting an Oba’s gift is an act of disrespect.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo by Ann2012(f): 7:39pm On Apr 11, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo by sharonmum08(f): 8:39pm On Apr 11, 2019
[color=#770077][/color] weldone more ink to you pen i pray for more strength for you
Re: PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo by Nickibeauty(f): 10:05pm On Apr 11, 2019
Finally got to the end of this today thump � reachealfst God bless you
Re: PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo by Pinkfeet: 12:15am On Apr 12, 2019
Thanks for the update.
this Jane get big problem
Re: PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo by Kaycee9242(m): 12:27am On Apr 12, 2019
thanks for the update dear
Re: PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo by grace95: 7:06pm On Apr 12, 2019
can we all pray for sister Jane������

1 Like

Re: PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo by DemiKOL(f): 8:14pm On Apr 12, 2019
grace95:

��
Re: PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo by skubido(m): 8:40am On Apr 13, 2019
grace95:

U sure say that wan need prayer?
Re: PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo by Gracy3535(f): 8:41am On Apr 13, 2019
Phew 14 pages

Following Mami
Re: PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 10:16am On Apr 13, 2019
Happy Weekend Everyone.

They all settled down in the lodge and another meeting was held. This time it was anchored by the Evangelism chairman. Ademide sat in the fore front writing her report. She had already documented everything the Oba said at the palace. Pastor David saw her when she was doing the writing and admired her good attitude towards work despite the fact she’s just regaining her strength.
“We all heard what the Pastor said at the Palace. And we are all glad” The man said. And the people clapped in excitement
“As it is, he planned to execute all this things on his own but some of us here we not allow that we want to take part in the blessing too” The Evangelism chairman said.
“Yes, we must partake too” they chorused.
Pastor David stood up. “Wow! I love this, that I came with people that has the heart not only to use their body but also their substances for God. If this is the case, you are free to give your contributions. And please we have to do it before we leave this place” he said and sat down. They all gave him a round of applause.
“You’ve heard the Pastor, if you have any contributions to give, please raise your hand and start talking. Sister Ademide please make sure you documents this part too both the names and what they are willing to give” The Chairman said and Ademide nodded.
Then people stood up one after the other saying what they want to contribute. For some, it was money, like sister Jane who volunteered to give #200,000 just to impress Pastor David. All the brothers and some sisters hailes and clapped for her. Four people including the Evangelism chairman volunteered to renovate the schools. When they called on Wole he said he will see the Pastor.
“No o, you have to say it now. We are one. I know the bible says the right hand must not know what the left hand is doing but this is different, this a group work and we are in it together”
He looked at the Pastor and he signaled to him to go ahead. “Ok, I will build the mission house and the clinic. And also the five bore holes and I’m adding two bore holes to it, one in the mission house and one in the clinic. And also I’ll ensure a mast is erected in the village so they can have good network” Wole said.
“Jesus!” that was what came out from some people’s mouth. They were all surprised. Ademide too looked at him, everyone knew he was a rich guy but they never knew he was that rich to the level of taking two buildings upon himself. It was only Pastor David that was not surprised. He knew who he was.
“The evangelism chairman who was still surprised had to talk. “Thanks so much Bro. Wole, may the Lord help you to do as you have said. God bless you my brother. Now it’s the turn of our Pastor. Pastor it’s your turn sir” he addressed.
“I think all the slots has already been taken, the only one left is the salaries of the Pastor, nurses and the Doctor. So I will be responsible for that.
“Pastor, we have one more slot left” Ademide pointed out. Then Pastor David remembered. “This girl is smart, God I’m beginning to like her more” he said in his heart and he remembered the argument they had and she had told her to resign on Monday morning. He quickly comported himself and speak up.
“Thanks Sister Ademide, I just remembered. Electricity….
“I will work on that, It skipped my mind too” Wole said and some people are almost drooling. They all looked back staring at him because he sat at the back.
“Bro Wole, can we make this a collaboration, you and I. I don’t want you to carry it all” Pastor David suggested.
“No problem sir” He accepted. Everybody gave a round of applause. The meeting was brought to a close as they prayed.
The caterers had been assigned earlier to prepare the fowls and goat. They have started cooking it. They fried and started parking it in a disposable plate so everyone can take it home.
By 1am they left the village. All the villagers and chiefs came to bid them good bye. Everyone boarded the vehicles that brought them. They left Ilati village with joy and fulfillment those who just had their first time experience of village evangelism promised not to miss it again. It was fun all through despite the challenges they encountered in Ilati village but at last, God won.
They got to the church around 6:15 pm, they sang worship songs and prayed, thanking God for all he has done. They shared the fruits, yams and the package meat. Wole offered to take Ademide , her sister and mother home and she agreed. The Pastor watched as they boarded his car.

CHAPTER 17
They got to the Adetula’s compound, that was Wole’s first time in Ademide’s house despite their close- to five months friendship. She told him to come inside with them, he also helped them get their bags inside. They got in and met Adedayo who came to keep his dad’s company.
They all greeted each other, Wole left afterwards. Adedayo noticed the connections between Ademide and Adewole. He knew the guy had a thing for her sister. Mummy Adetula told his husband and son of how God saved Ademide. They all thanked God for her life. She also told them that aside Pastor, that Wole too was there for her. She told them how he cared for Ademide.
“Do you know who that guy is?”Dayo asked Ademide in the presence of everyone.
“You don’t know him in church?” she replied him with a question.
“Who is talking about church here, off course I know he is our church member. Do you know who he is in this town?”
“Town! I don’t get you”
“You guys are friends and he never told you anything about him?”
“No” she shaked her head slowly. “Who is he?” Mummy Adetula asked scared thinking that he was a bad person or something.
“Let Ademide ask him herself”
“And you think, he'll tell her? You tell us who he is” Adeola said.
“He is Adewole Adepoju”
“We all know that” Ademide said.
“So that name did not ring a bell”
“Bell….
“He is the first and only son of The Adepoju, owner of one of the telecommunication company in Nigeria!” he spilled.
“Jesus!” They chorused.
“How did you find out?” Ademide asked.
“You know I get contracts from telecommunication companies, I recently got a contract from the company. So I went to submit my quotation, then I saw him walked into the company with some securities following him. I asked from the marketing Manager who was attending to me who he was and he told me.
“Oh my God, and he never mentioned it to me, and we talked about everything” Ademide said.
“He may have his reasons” Adeola said.
“No wonder” Mummy Adetula said.
“No wonder what? Adedayo asked.
“He volunteered to do some things for the village and we were all wondering where he will get the money from”
“Obviously money is not his problem” Adeola said and they all took a look at Ademide who didn’t look happy infact it’s very obvious she was in her quiet anger mood.
“Adrmide, don’t do anything funny o” Adeola said.
“I won’t but we can no longer be friends. That friendship part is over. Imagine what did he take me for a gold digger or something!”
“Just calm down. You can ask him about it”
“Me! Never” Then her phone rang.
“Speaking of the devil” she said and didn’t pick the call.
It rang again. She checked. “Speaking of the devil 2” She said.
“So you have devil 1 and devil 2? See I’m out of here” Dayo said.
“Pastor and Wole” Deola said.
“Seriously!” said Mummy Adetula. “I’m out of here too. Good night son. See you in church tomorrow” she said and went to join her husband in the room.
“Good night mum. Please rest well” he replied her and took his leave too while Adeola saw him off.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo by DemiKOL(f): 10:36am On Apr 13, 2019
Thanks for the update sis!
more grace
love triangle..
Re: PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo by rattyo3: 10:52am On Apr 13, 2019
Thank you Rachealfst for the updates and the good work. You've given me the reason to login everyday.
Re: PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo by moseph(f): 10:57am On Apr 13, 2019
Ademide acts like a child.
Re: PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo by bossy512(f): 11:22am On Apr 13, 2019
Thanks, more wisdom
Re: PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo by bossy512(f): 11:23am On Apr 13, 2019
Thanks, you are always on point, more wisdom
Re: PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo by OPC90(m): 12:16pm On Apr 13, 2019
Hmmm... is that a U-TURN for Ademide? Wow... I love this... Keep it up
Re: PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo by Pinkfeet: 1:11pm On Apr 13, 2019
wow interesting
Thanks for the update .
Re: PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo by YoungBruzzy(m): 2:02pm On Apr 13, 2019
Interesting story.. keep it up
Re: PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo by Kaycee9242(m): 2:46pm On Apr 13, 2019
I always await this update like tomorrow no dy, Rachael u are too much, I wonder how ur brain puts all these together

1 Like

Re: PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo by herlarho(m): 3:22pm On Apr 13, 2019
waw to be honest, Reachel u have done a very great job here. U made me want to read more and more of the story. keep it up. and please am expecting updates too, thank you
Re: PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo by crossfm: 4:40pm On Apr 13, 2019
Devil 1,n devil 2.I never knew that devil have grades. You are doing a gr8 job.thanks.
Re: PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo by Ann2012(f): 6:39am On Apr 14, 2019
Devil 1 and 2 cracks me up

Thanks for the update ma'am
Re: PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo by kamchizzy2: 4:56pm On Apr 14, 2019
Hmmm, it is getting more interesting! more ink to ur pen.
Re: PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo by Slimynonny: 2:29am On Apr 15, 2019
More inspirations i wish you....this is bomb truthfully......pls more
Re: PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 8:33am On Apr 15, 2019
Good morning everyone, Have a wonderful week.

On Sunday the service was awesome as always. After the service Ademide was at the church’s vestry to collect figures for her documentation. Her phone was ringing continuously, it was Wole. After she was done at the vestry she left. She came out of the admin building and met Wole waiting for her. He greeted her and she responded with a smile as if all is well with them.

“Ademide you didn’t pick my calls. I’ve been trying to reach you since yesterday!”

“You should have figured it out that my actions were deliberate” she lashed at him.

“The last time I checked we were good, why this attitude. Did I do something to hurt your feelings?”
“You can answer that yourself!”

“Answer what exactly, you know what, step into the car, let me take you home then we can discuss on our way…

“My brother is around, he is taking me” She said without blinking an eye.

“What’s going on here” They looked back, it was Pastor David with his PA.

“Good afternoon Pastor” Wole said. Ademide too said something he didn’t hear. He told his PA he'll join him in the car. So Christian went ahead.

“It’s like you’ve stepped on a cobra’s tail. Welcome to the club” he said.

“Stop being sarcastic, Pastor” She said to his face.

“And stop being dramatic too, Ademide” Pastor David countered. Wole was short of words, seeing the scenes before his very eyes. He was like what’s going on here but he brushed it off.

“Pastor both of us were good until yesterday evening” Wole said after composing himself.

“Only one thing can make her act like this, she had figured out who you really are! Have a wonderful week Wole” He smiled and left Wole dry and hanging.

He sighed deeply. “Ademide!”

“I found out last night”

“I’m sorry, I….

“I thought we were friends. I…

“I understand how you feel. I will most likely be hurt too. I planned to tell you….

“Once you know you can trust me enough right! Or when you realize I’m not a gold digger or something!”

“Stop! Ademide, please stop. You know I will never think that of you. I just want to be a normal guy, no importance attached to my name. Pastor knew and I plan on telling you”

“You know I really like you right?”

“Yes, I know”

“As from now on, you are just a normal friend to me. Nothing more”

“You won’t do that to me. Ademide I love you” he spilled the beans. And she laughed.

“I said it, you are actually taking your time to know if I’m a gold digger or not. And sincerely there’s nothing wrong in that. But as for me, I can’t date you. I would have considered it before, but because of this, that will never happen between us”

“Ademide! You can’t do this to me. You are the best friend I ever had all my life. Just forgive me this once. I beg of you”

“You are forgiven and friends we shall remain. I like it that way”

“Ademide….

“My brother is here” she waved at her brother.

“I will wait until you change your mind” She just smiled. “You will wait till eternity” She said in her mind.

Adedayo joined them, he greeted Wole and they left. On their way home, Dayo asked Ademide what happened between her and Wole and she explained everything.

“Really! Anyway, I’m not surprised, I knew the guy likes you. Also I knew you will turn him down”

“How do you know that. I can change my mind” she said jokingly.

“I didn’t see him as your type, sort of”

“A rich, handsome and a great friend at that is not my type!”

“I can’t explain, I just have that feeling”

“If you say so”

“You know I left in annoyance last night because of you”

“I’m sorry” Ademide apologized to her brother.

“Why didn’t you pick his call?”

“Wole!”

“Will you stop pretending as if you don’t who I’m talking about!”

“Ok!!! We had an issue at the mission field”

“After everything he did for you when you were poisoned!”

“It happened before that and he told me to submit my resignation letter tomorrow morning”

“He said that! What did you do this time?”

“D1 let me just submit it, the two of us are not a good combination at all” she explained.

“If he ask you to resign, no problem. You never liked the job from the very start” He said.

They got home and hot pounded yam was awaiting them. Dayo ate to his satisfaction and relaxed. He stayed at his parents place until evening.

7 Likes

Re: PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo by 1sundaya: 10:02am On Apr 15, 2019
Get everything new and latest about literature @ nigerialiteraryhub.com.ng also follow on twitter/instagram @ngliteraryhub
Re: PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo by sharonmum08(f): 10:06am On Apr 15, 2019
thanks 4 d update av a stressfree week ahead too
Re: PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo by OPC90(m): 10:25am On Apr 15, 2019
Interesting... Ademide... You are too much for a girl
Re: PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo by skubido(m): 11:44am On Apr 15, 2019
Tanks for the update
Re: PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo by Ann2012(f): 11:48am On Apr 15, 2019
Thanks for the update ma'am

I just bought the book on Okada books, can't wait to finish reading

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (22) (Reply)

Daughters / Mr Right / Nairaland Book Of Puns- Lovers Of Wordplay, Let's Pun!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.