Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,846 members, 7,942,121 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 08:48 PM

James Patterson Tops Forbes' Highest Paid Authors List - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / James Patterson Tops Forbes' Highest Paid Authors List (1875 Views)

Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! / Have You Got An Opinion on James Patterson / **news Flash*** James Patterson -cross Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

James Patterson Tops Forbes' Highest Paid Authors List by slap1(m): 3:00pm On Aug 31, 2010
This week Forbes published their annual list of the highest paid writers. Novelist James Patterson led the pack with $70 million. Next in line was Twilight Saga author, Stephenie Meyer with $40 million, followed by Stephen King with $34 million.

Thrillers still earn the most, as the list included Ken Follett, Dean Koontz, and John Grisham. Romance novelists Danielle Steel and Nicholas Sparks also made the cut, earning $32 million and $14 million respectively. J.K. Rowling closed the list at #10, but did not publish anything in 2010.

Readers may recall last year when King criticized Meyer while praising Rowling. King also offered his opinion on several adult writers sharing the highest paid authors list. King called Patterson a "terrible writer" and said "sometimes [Koontz]'s just awful."

http://www.mediabistro.com/galleycat/authors/james_patterson_tops_forbes_highest_paid_authors_list_172034.asp?c=rss
Re: James Patterson Tops Forbes' Highest Paid Authors List by slap1(m): 3:02pm On Aug 31, 2010
when will our own authors get this rich?
Re: James Patterson Tops Forbes' Highest Paid Authors List by vescucci(m): 3:12pm On Aug 31, 2010
When these ones get richer.

Phew, apparently this list is for 2010. My water almost broke seeing Stephanie Meyer in 2nd.

Patterson is not bad and his books are simply the easiest to read but he's certainly not great.

Koontz is a King knock off. Many times he comes alarmingly close.

King's one to talk. He's absolutely awesome but his bad books are many and that fact is mitigated (almost rubbed off) by the fact that his great books are plenty more
Re: James Patterson Tops Forbes' Highest Paid Authors List by sweetguy10(m): 12:22pm On Sep 01, 2010
Why's Dan brow not on the list ?
Re: James Patterson Tops Forbes' Highest Paid Authors List by vescucci(m): 1:02pm On Sep 01, 2010
Good question. His The Lost Symbol wasn't so great and I think it was 2009.
Re: James Patterson Tops Forbes' Highest Paid Authors List by slap1(m): 4:58pm On Sep 01, 2010
vescucci:

Good question. His The Lost Symbol wasn't so great and I think it was 2009.
J.K. Rowlings didn't publish any book this year but she was on the list. I'm beginning to think Mr. Brown's last work was over-hyped, plus it's still in hardcover which literally means a good number of people are yet to buy it.
Re: James Patterson Tops Forbes' Highest Paid Authors List by vescucci(m): 11:21am On Sep 02, 2010
Probably it has to do with the cummulative sales of the author's books this year. I really don't care jare. I hate the list anyways. Stephanie Meyer? Puhleeze!
Re: James Patterson Tops Forbes' Highest Paid Authors List by larablog: 8:06pm On Apr 15, 2011
need free James Patterson e-books check out http://9jabookmania..com
the books are absolutely free and all you need to do is download from the link provided.
if you don't believe me, just click on the link http://9jabookmania..com/search/label/JAMES%20PATTERSON%20BOOKS
Re: James Patterson Tops Forbes' Highest Paid Authors List by dominique(f): 6:33pm On Apr 16, 2011
the list just goes to show that suspense/thrillers are the best genres out there. IMO there's nothing so fantastic about james patterson. most of his works are co-authored with someone else and his stories are just not mind boggling like king or koontz. i agree with king on the part that koontz is sometimes terrible (read The Face and see what i'm talking about) but so is he.

(1) (Reply)

SEX & FASTING – EPISODE 3(the Fight Of Conscience ) / African Online Magazine / Can I Ever Live Like A Normal Humanbeing Again(beware Of The Evil)must Read!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.