Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,603 members, 7,878,739 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 04:52 AM

Rottweiler Dog Bites Pupil To Death In Port-Harcourt, Shot Dead After. Photos - Pets (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Rottweiler Dog Bites Pupil To Death In Port-Harcourt, Shot Dead After. Photos (84603 Views)

Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) / Massive Python Bites US Zookeeper's Face As He Tries To Move Her Eggs (Photos) / Family Dog BITES Of Pedophiles PENIS As He Tried To Rape The Sleeping Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rottweiler Dog Bites Pupil To Death In Port-Harcourt, Shot Dead After. Photos by lookingfly: 8:42am On Mar 07, 2019
Issues like this should prompt the federal government to take the veterinary profession serious in Nigeria. People shouldn't just indiscriminately own pets or livestock farms without a license from the vets.
Re: Rottweiler Dog Bites Pupil To Death In Port-Harcourt, Shot Dead After. Photos by PotatoSalad(m): 9:03am On Mar 07, 2019
IamAnderson:

you obviously don't know anything about dogs grin
saint bernards aren't even that aggressive and any dog that isn't trained well will run away when attacked.
a well trained dog doesn't attack out of fear and running towards it is signing your obituary.
see breeds like gsd, kangal, alabai, Caucasian ovcharka, dobberman, Rottweiler, malinois try that on one of them and see if you'll survive to come and post it here on NL grin
fear aggression isn't a stable form of aggression in dogs, and most of our Nigerian dogs have it and their owners think it's a good thing. if you train a dog against that fear aggression, then that's when you'll see the strength of the dog. my dog doesn't have fear aggression and he won't even bark if you enter my compound he'll just rush you and attack you, the more you kick him of slap him the harder he'll tear at your belly or privates till one of you will die there grin
Oversabi. Saint Bernards aren't that aggressive ba. grin. E never pursue you before ba. Or you saw the pup. I've had dogs all my life, different breeds. Have been bit several times and I dont need a trainer to tell me how they behave. Bring your trained dog, my 6'3" self will just strangle it.
Re: Rottweiler Dog Bites Pupil To Death In Port-Harcourt, Shot Dead After. Photos by IamAnderson(m): 9:05am On Mar 07, 2019
Timisamd:

Your fallacy about the variation is obvious..

Philipians 3:2 Beware of dogs , beware of evil workers, beware of the concision. ... Am not talking
of all animals as regard to what you quote... Well you can be good to your dogs until it manifest it brutality even to your own child.. And it might be good and loyal forever .. That your business.. i don't censor myself to comfort anybody's opinion and I never want anybody to ...

do you think you should be beware of my dog? it makes sense that you should fear a strange dog the bible never said you shouldn't keep animals.
the Bible said "a righteous man takes care of his animals " meaning taking care of your animals shows you are righteous grin
and it also said you should fear dogs which still makes sense, even I avoid other peoples dogs.
my dog can never harm any child because it is well trained and well taken care of, I live in an area where there are plenty children around and my dog ignores them, I haven't even had any issue with anybody concerning my dog. my dog only attacks people that break into my compound.
cars cause more accidents and fatalities than dogs every year so will you say that people who have cars are senseless? a dog is what you train it to be it is not just a brutal beast that kills everything it sees.
millions of people all around the world have dogs and it's not a big issue, the only dogs that behave like this are dogs that are either maltreated or sick. don't try to insult people who have different views than you. and keep your wrong, archaic and uninformed opinion to yourself, it's 2019 dogs have been living with humans for over 500 years so deal with it.
Re: Rottweiler Dog Bites Pupil To Death In Port-Harcourt, Shot Dead After. Photos by IamAnderson(m): 9:16am On Mar 07, 2019
PotatoSalad:

Oversabi. Saint Bernards aren't that aggressive ba. grin. E never pursue you before ba. Or you saw the pup. I've had dogs all my life, different breeds. Have been bit several times and I dont need a trainer to tell me how they behave. Bring your trained dog, my 6'3" self will just strangle it.
either you haven't had pure bred dogs before and that saint Bernard was the first big dog you've seen or you don't even know what you're saying grin
for you to think pitbulls are one of the strongest and saint Bernards are one of the aggressive means you don't know dogs.
their are dogs that can kill pitbulls in seconds. and saint Bernards are not even classified as guard dogs because they lack that aggression drive other dogs have, they aren't called the "gentle giants" for nothing. they are rescue dogs not guard dogs
and their are dogs than your hands can't wrap around the dogs head not to talk of strangulation grin
Re: Rottweiler Dog Bites Pupil To Death In Port-Harcourt, Shot Dead After. Photos by IamAnderson(m): 9:20am On Mar 07, 2019
lookingfly:
Issues like this should prompt the federal government to take the veterinary profession serious in Nigeria. People shouldn't just indiscriminately own pets or livestock farms without a license from the vets.
I agree, some dogs shouldn't be owned in certain environments and they should also look into how people train there dogs. how can someone train a Rottweiler to be that aggressive in front of a school without a fence? it's sad

1 Like

Re: Rottweiler Dog Bites Pupil To Death In Port-Harcourt, Shot Dead After. Photos by FroshJaynex(m): 9:47am On Mar 07, 2019
Timisamd:
Philippians 3:2 .. Check and be sure of what to say..
The best way to contribute to something is that, it either you know everything or nothing about something
henry Kissinger
The word dog used in the bible meant Evil doers, most words used in the bible are parables, and cannot be understood with a carnal mind like urs.. Dogs were used as guards and for watch in time past

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rottweiler Dog Bites Pupil To Death In Port-Harcourt, Shot Dead After. Photos by Amhappy(f): 9:48am On Mar 07, 2019
This news is very sad. I live in this community. May the parents of this child be comforted. Schools should be secured.
Re: Rottweiler Dog Bites Pupil To Death In Port-Harcourt, Shot Dead After. Photos by Timisamd(m): 12:48pm On Mar 07, 2019
FroshJaynex:
The word dog used in the bible meant Evil doers, most words used in the bible are parables, and cannot be understood with a carnal mind like urs.. Dogs were used as guards and for watch in time past

Well you can't censor me to comfort your opinion...
That your interpretation....
Beware of dogs is what is written clearly in the bible...
You can study further before contributing or neglecting others opinion ..
Re: Rottweiler Dog Bites Pupil To Death In Port-Harcourt, Shot Dead After. Photos by Timisamd(m): 1:00pm On Mar 07, 2019
IamAnderson:

do you think you should be beware of my dog? it makes sense that you should fear a strange dog [s]the bible never said you shouldn't keep animals.[/s]
the Bible said "a righteous man takes care of his animals " meaning taking care of your animals shows you are righteous grin
and it also said you should fear dogs which still makes sense, even I avoid other peoples dogs.
my dog can never harm any child because it is well trained and well taken care of, I live in an area where there are plenty children around and my dog ignores them, I haven't even had any issue with anybody concerning my dog. my dog only attacks people that break into my compound.
cars cause more accidents and fatalities than dogs every year so will you say that people who have cars are senseless?[s] a dog is what you train it to be it is not just a brutal beast that kills everything it sees.[/s]
millions of people all around the world have dogs and it's not a big issue, the only dogs that behave like this are dogs that are either maltreated or sick. don't try to insult people who have different views than you. and keep your wrong, archaic and uninformed opinion to yourself, it's 2019 dogs have been living with humans for over 500 years so deal with it.

When you're expressing your opinion in matter never generalise, because I've heard and saw many cases where dogs attack their owner at times it not because of you not feeding them well or sickness ( maybe mental illness) but their nature makes them dangerous to keep with 100% certainty...
I never asked anybody not to have dogs and beside you said your dog ? how can it be ?.. A dog is always a dog along with it character so don't be surprise if I juxtapose your so claimed doh with your so claimed strange dogs ...
And me taking it into spirituality will makes you count me mad .. So I hold my breath...
Re: Rottweiler Dog Bites Pupil To Death In Port-Harcourt, Shot Dead After. Photos by meobizy(f): 3:07pm On Mar 07, 2019
R.I.P. to the child.
A swift justice was delivered to the dog.
It probably was a security dog hence its aggressiveness towards an unarmed human.
Re: Rottweiler Dog Bites Pupil To Death In Port-Harcourt, Shot Dead After. Photos by Bomae: 4:46pm On Mar 07, 2019
Use the link to join our telegram group
https:///CanineEducation .

De hydration and Overheating in dogs

Dehydration and over heating could be serious if left untreated. Recognising early warning signs is important to the health of ur dog

Dehydration

This is a process where body fluids is excessively lost. Dehydration involves the loss of water and depletion of electrolytes, which include some essential minerals. It could be caused by illness or lack of availability of water.

Signs of a dehydrated dog include sunken eyes, dry mouth, gums and nose.

Poor skin elasticity is another dehydration symptom, which u can test by gently pulling up on the skin at the back of ur dog’s neck. If the skin doesn’t immediately spring back to its normal position, ur dog may be dehydrated.

The longer it takes for the skin to return to its normal position, the more severe the dehydration.

Another test u can perform at home is called capillary refill time. Press ur finger against ur dog's gums until they turn white, then remove it. If the gums don’t regain color immediately, ur dog could be dehydrated.

Since untreated dehydration can lead to organ failure and death, seek immediate vet attention if dehydration is suspected.

Depending on the severity, ur vet may suggest water with electrolyte products. In extreme cases, intravenous fluids will be administered to replenish ur dog's fluids.

Overheating

Heat-related dog conditions can also become life-threatening without immediate treatment.

Overheated dogs can suffer heat exhaustion, heat stroke or sudden death from cardiac arrhythmias.

Panting, followed by disorientation and fast, noisy breathing could signal overheating. Other possible signs: Collapsing or convulsing, bright red or blue gums, vomiting and diarrhea.

Plz when ur travelling long distance with ur dog in the car watch out for over heating. Dont walk ur dog under hot sun. These situations can make a dog become dangerously hot, u should watch ur dog closely for overheating signs.

If you suspect ur dog is overheated, wet him with cool water before heading to the vet.

ur vet may apply alcohol to the ears, foot pads and groin to safely lower the temperature, as well as administer cool IV fluids.

For serious overheating, ur dog may need a breathing tube and artificial ventilation.

Simple precautions can ward off dehydration and overheating.

To help prevent dehydration, offer dogs water at least once every two hours. Avoid keeping them in hot cages. Let their houses be well ventilated. Avoid walking them under the sun like i said ealier.

help ur dog beat the heat by encouraging resting and drinking at his leisure.

To learn more about dogs Use the link to join our telegram group or simply search for CanineEducation

https:///CanineEducation .
Re: Rottweiler Dog Bites Pupil To Death In Port-Harcourt, Shot Dead After. Photos by Slimsly100(f): 6:50pm On Mar 07, 2019
I still dey find the Rottweiler o cool
Re: Rottweiler Dog Bites Pupil To Death In Port-Harcourt, Shot Dead After. Photos by Nostradamus: 11:15pm On May 23, 2019
MmKchampions:
you don't wanna know why we love dogs.
how much will a puppy go for?
Re: Rottweiler Dog Bites Pupil To Death In Port-Harcourt, Shot Dead After. Photos by Nobody: 12:11pm On May 24, 2019
Why is the dog so skinny? it seems like an underfed puppy. Is this story even true? How can a puppy kill somebody?
Re: Rottweiler Dog Bites Pupil To Death In Port-Harcourt, Shot Dead After. Photos by Nobody: 12:21pm On May 24, 2019
bizhop01:
Oga this one no be dog na grass cutter
Lol! I swear!
Re: Rottweiler Dog Bites Pupil To Death In Port-Harcourt, Shot Dead After. Photos by Blackalaja(m): 12:39pm On May 24, 2019
ChangeIsCostant:
A dog has been killed after attacking and biting a pupil to death earlier today in Port-Harcourt, River state.

The unfortunate incident happened along Tessy road in Rumuagholu, off Rumuokoro area in the state capital as the young boy was bitten to death by the rampaging Rottweiler dog.

It was gathered that the security guard at the house where the dog lived, opened the gate for the dog and it ran straight to a primary school (without fence), and attacked a pupil of the school. The dog was said to have also pounced on another child and bit her in the buttocks before an angry policeman shot the dog to death as claimed by Chuks Bune who recorded the incident.

The second victim is receiving treatment at Spring Rose Hospital along Rumuagholu road.

Report has it that the guard of the house where the dog escaped from has been arrested by the police.

See more; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2019/03/rottweiler-dog-shot-dead-after-biting-pupil-to-death-in-port-harcourt.html
A heartwarm message to the family of the pupil. But am forced to comment on the ignorant of people and dog owners that fail to invest in training and behavioural life of their wild pets.

1. A dog should never have to leave it's compound or owners territory, even when not locked up. His job is to protect the family and house, not run into the street and even to another man compound. (Obvioulsy the dog is malnourished, not a full breed to determine it's temperment, not even trained to maintain its territory)

2. Since dogs are territorial animals, a well fed dog has no reason to leave it's territory if it finds it the best place to be, unless in search of a more fulfilling territory.

3. Dogs greatest problem is "ANXIETY ". Studies has proven that, dogs with adequate walking exercise and socialization exercise, (They need alot of space to play) has less problem with anxiety, cus they are usually worn out of energy and easily opts to rest than willing to exhibit their boredom and frustration

4.Most dogs are naturally readily vicious when it comes to protecting their territory and are not advised to be engaged in activities than can further disturb their balance of temperament( stop engaging your in aggression towards innocent people ) etc........
Re: Rottweiler Dog Bites Pupil To Death In Port-Harcourt, Shot Dead After. Photos by Nobody: 12:48pm On May 24, 2019
IamAnderson:

do you think you should be beware of my dog? it makes sense that you should fear a strange dog the bible never said you shouldn't keep animals.
cars cause more accidents and fatalities than dogs every year so will you say that people who have cars are senseless? a dog is what you train it to be it is not just a brutal beast that kills everything it sees.
The problem with some kids is that, they are too troublesome, even if your dog is minding it's business, they will go and start disturbing the dog and the dog will get angry and bite them, that is why me, if people come to our house with their kids, I tell them to warn their kids to stay away from my chained up dogs at the backyard and if they refuse to do so and end up getting bit, it is their own problem because as the owner I have already warned them, because these dogs have away of letting the hook of their chain slip past their colar, I don't know how they do it but they do it once a while and when that happens while being provoked by a kid, the next thing to do is to bite. That is why I always warn then, "stay away from these dogs, they bite"!

1 Like

Re: Rottweiler Dog Bites Pupil To Death In Port-Harcourt, Shot Dead After. Photos by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jul 02, 2019
froshjaynex:

Re: Rottweiler Dog Bites Pupil To Death In Port-Harcourt, Shot Dead After. Photos by Bobbyjay001(m): 1:31pm On Jun 24, 2021
IamAnderson:

you obviously don't know anything about dogs grin
saint bernards aren't even that aggressive and any dog that isn't trained well will run away when attacked.
a well trained dog doesn't attack out of fear and running towards it is signing your obituary.
see breeds like gsd, kangal, alabai, Caucasian ovcharka, dobberman, Rottweiler, malinois try that on one of them and see if you'll survive to come and post it here on NL grin
fear aggression isn't a stable form of aggression in dogs, and most of our Nigerian dogs have it and their owners think it's a good thing. if you train a dog against that fear aggression, then that's when you'll see the strength of the dog. my dog doesn't have fear aggression and he won't even bark if you enter my compound he'll just rush you and attack you, the more you kick him of slap him the harder he'll tear at your belly or privates till one of you will die there grin

lol. You made me laugh.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Meet My Indoor Rottweiler - Khal Drogo / Biggest Dogs In Nigeria Thread (Photos) / 14-Year-Old Indonesian Girl Has Six Pythons As Pets (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.