Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,677 members, 7,918,152 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 12:35 AM

Keyamo Replies Obasanjo: Yakubu Gowon Is The Boss Of All Bosses - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Keyamo Replies Obasanjo: Yakubu Gowon Is The Boss Of All Bosses (1154 Views)

You Are Not An Engineer: Tinubu Aide Replies Obasanjo On Port Harcourt Refinery / Festus Keyamo Replies Atiku Says PDP's Agreement Caused ASUU's Ongoing Strike / ‘i’ll Teach You A Lesson You Will Never Forget’ — Buhari Replies Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keyamo Replies Obasanjo: Yakubu Gowon Is The Boss Of All Bosses by yinka10: 5:43pm On Mar 06, 2019
''Just to set the records straight: The boss of ALL bosses today in Nigeria is Gen. Yakubu Gowon," Keyamo wrote.

Keyamo, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria and spokesman of the President Muhammadu Buhari Campaign Organisation, has responded to former President Olusegun Obasanjo's coment that he would continue to criticise Buhari because he is his boss and he had held the position of President longer than anyone else.

Obasanjo made the comment in his remarks at an event organised to celebrate his 82nd birthday on Tuesday in Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital.

“The point is that I have been in that position longer than any Nigerian could ever be there. That is the truth because if any Nigerian comes in now and have two terms, he will not have almost four (4) years of military rule," he had said.

“I have been there longer than any Nigerian will ever be there. So, when I say something, I know what I am talking about. So, Kabiyesi, anytime you say ‘leave my boss alone’, I agree, he is your boss, but I am also his boss. So, you might also ask your boss to leave his boss alone or do what is right that his boss wants him to do.”

However, responding via his Twitter handle on Wednesday, Keyamo disagreed, arguing that Yakubu Gowon, not Obasanjo, has held the position for the longest period of time.

Keyamo wrote: “Just to set the records straight: The boss of ALL bosses today in Nigeria is Gen. Yakubu Gowon who holds the record of the SINGLE longest unbroken rein as Head-of-State. He’s senior to ALL. And as access is always guaranteed, he goes into the Villa ANYTIME to offer useful advice.”

Sources:
http://saharareporters.com/2019/03/06/keyamo-replies-obasanjo-yakubu-gowon-boss-all-bosses

Re: Keyamo Replies Obasanjo: Yakubu Gowon Is The Boss Of All Bosses by Nackzy: 5:49pm On Mar 06, 2019
Kayamo don't worry they will soon reply you
Re: Keyamo Replies Obasanjo: Yakubu Gowon Is The Boss Of All Bosses by amaniro: 5:52pm On Mar 06, 2019
Keyamo is just trying to join heads together, well let's keep em going because OBJ na still baba. Once a military head of state and The president of Nigeria for 8years, so Who be oga?

Re: Keyamo Replies Obasanjo: Yakubu Gowon Is The Boss Of All Bosses by oyebanji44: 6:09pm On Mar 06, 2019
Gowon is one the northern oligarchies...behave as if nothing had happened..
Re: Keyamo Replies Obasanjo: Yakubu Gowon Is The Boss Of All Bosses by DCONE1(m): 7:33pm On Mar 06, 2019
amaniro:
Keyamo is just trying to join heads together, well let's keep em going because OBJ na still baba. Once a military head of state and The president of Nigeria for 8years, so Who be oga?
Buhari too is also a military head of state and on his 8 years presidency .
Re: Keyamo Replies Obasanjo: Yakubu Gowon Is The Boss Of All Bosses by TheFreeOne: 7:41pm On Mar 06, 2019
But is Gowon as relevant as OBJ?

Even Gowon wouldnt call himself the boss of all bosses.

So there is no contest that OBJ is the overall boss.

And Keyamo must be a fool to believe having the longest military reign as a head of state and unhindered access to aso rock amounts to the kind of influence OBJ wields.

1 Like

Re: Keyamo Replies Obasanjo: Yakubu Gowon Is The Boss Of All Bosses by Daviddson(m): 8:07pm On Mar 06, 2019
But why is Obasanjo always praising himself? This is the second time he's saying he's a boss to Buhari. Pride goes before a fall, says the Holy Book. This was how Akpabio was boasting how he was going to win his election within 3 hours only for him to lose woefully.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Reacts As Senator Dino Melaye And Gov Yahaya Bello Fights Over 30 Bil / Breaking: I Won’t Step Down, Ndume Vows After Meeting Osinbajo / Lagos Assembly: Last PDP Member Defects To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.