Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,161 members, 7,880,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 11:19 PM

Nigeria Situations In Fela Songs - Yet No Changes Naija Keep Suffering & Smiling - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Situations In Fela Songs - Yet No Changes Naija Keep Suffering & Smiling (243 Views)

Fela Kuti's Family Reacts As APC Uses Fela's Songs For Their Campaign / Elections: Ohanaeze raises alarm on situations in Lagos, Imo / Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Situations In Fela Songs - Yet No Changes Naija Keep Suffering & Smiling by Hollicom(m): 10:22am On Mar 07, 2019
My eight years old son and I were listening to Fela's song and my son heard Fela mention Buhari, Obasonjo and Yar Adua in his song.
Flummoxed, the young man turned to me; "Daddy, when did Fela die?"
I said 1997.
Still curious, he went on; "How did he know these people?"
I told him that Fela was an African prophet who foresaw the things we face today. When I noticed that he wasn't buying my story, I quickly changed the narrative.
"You see those men," I mumbled dryly, "they ruled over my father, your grandpa. They ruled over me. Now they are ruling over you.."
His eyes opened wide in shock; "Three generations? But that's not fair!"
I don't know how he knew the word 'generation,' but he made so much sense. These men have been on the scene for three generations.
Since things remain the same since Fela sang those songs, why hasn't their conscience pricked them to leave the scene for the next generation?
Are they happy with the way things are?Copy

Re: Nigeria Situations In Fela Songs - Yet No Changes Naija Keep Suffering & Smiling by MrLankeeee(m): 10:27am On Mar 07, 2019
They are cowards. In School they told us we are the leaders of tomorrow, but it's seems the tomorrow has not come. Nigeria is blessed with greedy leaders, they only care about what they will gain not what they will contribute.
Re: Nigeria Situations In Fela Songs - Yet No Changes Naija Keep Suffering & Smiling by Nobody: 10:51am On Mar 07, 2019
They are not the problem.... You are the problem

(1) (Reply)

Oshodi-isolo LCDA, As INEC Ad-hoc Staff Protest Over Unpaid Allowances / Low Voters Turn Out In Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja / German Govt To Invest In Urban Regeneration, Infrastructure In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.