Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,689 members, 7,879,023 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 11:20 AM

Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" (10647 Views)

Angelina Jolie At The AU Summit / MUST-READ: New Facts Emerge On Muna Obiekwe's Death ...chei!... / Angelina Jolie Or Jenifer Aniston: Who Is Da Bomb? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by honeric01(m): 11:37am On Sep 02, 2010
Maybe we should start putting the tribe of any Nigerian that does both good and bad for this country? (If they live outside Nigeria).

His name alone is Igbo, so why the inclusion of Igbo again?

Nigerians, you should stop deceiving yourselves, una hate una self pass SHIIIT
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by MrCork8: 11:38am On Sep 02, 2010
denzel2009 , I guess you waz born in 2009.  

And I bet you are Ibo.  Well Bro Guess what??  I love  Ibo people, they the best!! wink
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by throttler(f): 11:50am On Sep 02, 2010
mr corkscrew you are so ooo lipsrsealed, that i cant even get annoyed anymore. you should thank me for curing your igbo hatred. tongue
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by trisurface: 11:53am On Sep 02, 2010
I'm Sad.
This Thread started out innocuously enough.
Now see what we done with it.

Chinwetel is a fine actor.
Its Ironic. I believe he is or was scheduled/considered to play Fela on Broadway.
Now that's a Nigerian that no Tribe could ever appropriate to themselves.
He transcended Tribes or Language!
Why cant we be more like Fela?
or Chinwetel?
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by MrCork8: 11:54am On Sep 02, 2010
throttler, Sweeeet Hat !!! Darlin, if I now know what love is, then its because of you wink (((Mwaaah)))
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by Basildon1(m): 12:07pm On Sep 02, 2010
You know, anyone who gets upset by MR Cork's posts needs therapy very soon,seriously!! (I have even seen people dissing his english!)

I dont know how he and MOBO do it everytime. People getting high blood pressure while they are laughing their heads off, lol
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by haboosa(m): 12:16pm On Sep 02, 2010
Pls can somebody recite the Ibo's National anthem which is different from the Nigerian national anthem
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by Justcash(m): 12:33pm On Sep 02, 2010
So, we should not bring up our topics the way we want because we are scared that it may not sound good to people?
Yes! The poster highlighted his Igbo origin and so what? Does that make him/ her tribalistic? Una no well o!
He is British-Nigerian (Igbo). I can choose to present him the way I want.

The mere mention of "Igbo" in his biography shows that he is Nigerian, and saying that the Igbo tribe is representing Nigeria well is a thing to be proud of. Instead it is making people to want to kill themselves

The poster hailed the guy and his tribe, all hell has been let loose on Nairaland! Is the fact that he is Igbo not supposed to make Nigerians proud rather than Jealous? Is being Igbo now different from being Nigerian?

Yet someone will come and tell me that Nigeria is one? Nonsense!!!
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by nkilirox(f): 12:36pm On Sep 02, 2010
seunallday:

Dude is not even Nigerian, he is british, born of Nigerian parents, same with dudes like Chamillionaire, not like guys like wale who have acknowledged their nigerian roots. Am sure they are having this same conversation in England.

Please where has Chiwetel denounced his Nigerian roots? He does not deny being Nigerian, have you ever read interviews where they ask him the origin of his name? Abeg you people should stop this misinformation.
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by tkb417(m): 12:44pm On Sep 02, 2010
denzel2009:

The only funny thing about this thread is when people are trying to respond to Cork's posts.
ol boi i tire

i always look around for his posts

he makes me laff eveytime abeg

i dey gbadun d guy grin grin grin

His own version of comedy i think is better than becomrichs
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by wealth11: 12:51pm On Sep 02, 2010
if d igbo's are proud of demselve why not take up d lead (others)
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by denzel2009: 1:05pm On Sep 02, 2010
tkb417:

ol boi i tire

i always look around for his posts

he makes me laff eveytime abeg

i dey gbadun d guy grin grin grin

His own version of comedy i think is better than becomrichs

I used to get angry with him but I now realised he is mad funny. Its only a mad man that wakes up everyday and types rubbish throughout the whole day relentlessly.

His assertion about IBO YAM FESTIVAL got me lmao.
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by sbeezy8: 2:10pm On Sep 02, 2010
honeric01:

Maybe we should start putting the tribe of any Nigerian that does both good and bad for this country? (If they live outside Nigeria).

His name alone is Igbo, so why the inclusion of Igbo again?

Nigerians, you should stop deceiving yourselves, una hate una self pass SHIIIT

edo peeps get problem

@post not really a big deal- infact when I see Nigerians on TV - It doesnt even matter to be cause  every nation and or ethnicity has achievers

chiwetel is a VERY good actor
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by Npoto: 3:33pm On Sep 02, 2010
I feel compelled to contribute to this thread not because of the reasonable ideas I read on it, rather to correct certain points and ill feelings generated by some retards and haters who cannot contain their jealousy of other people's achievements. It is rather funny how an interesting topic presented by the poster,has been transformed into an ethnic issue by some charlatans.
My main point of writing is to correct the term Iboman. It should rather be IGBOMAN. The fact that the colonialist who cannot pronounce 'GB' and decides to take the easier pronunciation as the he did in many other words belonging to their colonized territories, does not change the IGBO to IBO. The Igbos speak Igbo period.
Those who feel their tribes are the best in Nigeria have the right to hold so, but they sound very stupid when they use this thread to castigate any other tribe.
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by honeric01(m): 3:40pm On Sep 02, 2010
sbeezy8:

edo peeps get problem

@post not really a big deal- infact when I see Nigerians on TV - It doesnt even matter to be cause  every nation and or ethnicity has achievers

chiwetel is a VERY good actor

What's with me and Edo? did you see Edo written on my forehead?
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by omar22(m): 3:51pm On Sep 02, 2010
Yes! The poster highlighted his Igbo origin and so what? Does that make him/ her tribalistic? Una no well o!

Would he/she have done the same if he was sent to jail for sexual abusing a young kid?
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by anitabest(f): 3:53pm On Sep 02, 2010
OMG, i am proud to be an IGBO.
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by slimdude(m): 3:58pm On Sep 02, 2010
Franny and Throttler,no need beefin' among urselves,
And to you, Mr. Corkscrew or Screwedcork- whatever trash u name ur sorry as.S,i've observed you for some time,are you underaged? I mean,you are too quick to pick quarrels on this forum,the other day,you where saying Our homevideo actors cant speak good english,today you are against Chiwetel and the Igbos,you are so full of urself,you cant even write simple english sentences,check your posts, They are soo wac.k and mispelt,I bet you my younger cousin in primary school writes better than you.
Go and clean up your personality, Little boy.
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by Ayowumie(m): 4:06pm On Sep 02, 2010
I wonder why there is a lot of noise about Chiwetel. The guy does not even see himself as a Nigerian not to talk of Igbo.
Why been tribalistic. Chiwetel is known as a BRITISH with Nigerian Ibo parent. That is the description they give. I doubt if he even has Nigerian Passport.
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by Mkpotu(m): 4:42pm On Sep 02, 2010
The sooner we start appreciating ourselves in this country the better. Many Yoruba folks are crying up and down because the person is an Igbo guy and it has to do with celebration and something everybody has to be proud of.

The other day, the post was on President Goodluck to commission the INNOSON's motor manufacturing/assembling company, instead of celebrating the achievement and the initiative of the Sir Chukwuma, the CEO of INNOSON, some folks here were making nasty comments that it is Aba made and of course we know the people such things are coming from.

If it were to be that an Igbo person was caught in kidnapping. robbery or advance fee fraud, You will immediately see Yorubas posting the thread for discussion and immediately they will not fail to address the person's root and why Igbos are known for that. When Dora and Soludo were fighting with the press, the same folks were rather making useless comments that such things can only happen in Igboland instead of discussing the main issue, they were busy attacking Igbo as a tribe. These are just few intances.

The advice is simple, leave us to celebrate our achievements when we make them, you can join us to celebrate if you like but not castigating us or looking for a way to twist it into mockery.

To me Igbos are really trying and if you guys think Nigeria is one, Igbos should be encouraged all the more. A tribe that lost majority of her population during the civil war, 40years ago is back with some of these achievements such that there is no sector/career in this country and the world at large that you will not see IGBOs making waves. It is a thing to be happy and appreciated.

Asi na mu abughi onye Igbo, kedu ihe m ga-akoro chim?

NAIJIRIA KWENU !

NDI IGBO KWEZUONU!!!!!

JISIENU IKE!!!!
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by sbeezy8: 4:58pm On Sep 02, 2010
Mkpotu:

The sooner we start appreciating ourselves in this country the better. Many Yoruba folks are crying up and down because the person is an Igbo guy and it has to do with celebration and something everybody has to be proud of.

The other day, the post was on President Goodluck to commission the INNOSON's motor manufacturing/assembling company, instead of celebrating the achievement and the initiative of the Sir Chukwuma, the CEO of INNOSON, some folks here were making nasty comments that it is Aba made and of course we know the people such things are coming from.

If it were to be that an Igbo person was caught in kidnapping. robbery or advance fee fraud, You will immediately see Yorubas posting the thread for discussion and immediately they will not fail to address the person's root and why Igbos are known for that. When Dora and Soludo were fighting with the press, the same folks were rather making useless comments that such things can only happen in Igboland instead of discussing the main issue, they were busy attacking Igbo as a tribe. These are just few intances.

The advice is simple, leave us to celebrate our achievements when we make them, you can join us to celebrate if you like but not castigating us or looking for a way to twist it into mockery.

To me Igbos are really trying and if you guys think Nigeria is one, Igbos should be encouraged all the more. A tribe that lost majority of her population during the civil war, 40years ago is back with some of these achievements such that there is no sector/career in this country and the world at large that you will not see IGBOs making waves. It is a thing to be happy and appreciated.

Asi na mu abughi onye Igbo, kedu ihe m ga-akoro chim?

NAIJIRIA KWENU !

NDI IGBO KWEZUONU!!!!!

JISIENU IKE!!!!

o

aiight niggu you straight od-in OVER DOIN IT LIKE SHIOT- cause thats how everyone is in Nigeria no need to single out any yoruba this n that cause posters on this thread arent all yoruba or igbo. most Nigerian do dat shiot .

the same way nigerians(including igbos) will say yorubas are doing fraud /419 and then next when Seal, Fela, Sade Adu, Kase lawal, Hakeem Olajuwon, Rappers Wale or Chamillionaire or who ever is on TV he becomes a "Nigerian".

or the same way Nigerians ( mainly  igbos and yoruba) complain of hausas/abokis killing in the north and then next when Dangote is a billionaire in forbes he then becomes a Nigerian making "Nigerians proud".
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by sbeezy8: 5:18pm On Sep 02, 2010
honeric01:

What's with me and Edo? did you see Edo written on my forehead?

had to let nigguz know you are edo and not yoruba-

@ my previous post Infact thats human nature-

Nigerians TALK SHIOT ABOUT Kenyans and Americans ALL THE TIME -yet when Barack Obama become president Nigerians were saying hes making africa and black proud.

thats just how it is, Like white americans being racist towards blacks but when blacks compete in the Olympics and win gold medals- They suddenly become Americans and its less emphasis on them being black.
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by onyengbu1(m): 5:50pm On Sep 02, 2010
sbeezy8:

@ my previous post Infact thats human nature-

Nigerians TALK SHIOT ABOUT Kenyans and Americans ALL THE TIME -yet when Barack Obama become president Nigerians were saying hes making africa and black proud.

thats just how it is, Like white americans being racist towards blacks but when blacks compete in the Olympics and win gold medals- They suddenly become Americans and its less emphasis on them being black.

if you are sjeezy8,

this is the first time i have to agree wit u on something.
It just like you said. All the arguments, disagreements, accusations and allegations about 'other' tribes you see on NL are just human nature. None is peculiar to a particular tribe.

It just that NL are filled up with so many kids to figure this out.
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by throttler(f): 5:59pm On Sep 02, 2010
awwww! mr cork, i loff you too, when you sound like this, not like a jerk igbo hating, amoeba grin

please NEVER say thrash about igbo again, else, i will be right behind you, breathing down every hair on your neck tongue

@ slim dude i didnt start the war with franny, read well. i never let any opportunity to correct fo.ols pass me by grin. good to see you are in jos, i wonder if i have passed you at any time, jos is such a small place.

@ post

see our our ranting has sent this topic to 5 whole pages shocked
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by abadaba(m): 6:19pm On Sep 02, 2010
@Franny 1980: Surely your mother's bride price is a waste if at all there was any. It is a pity that an Igbo like you do not know that Ibo was what the British used during colonialism as they do not have 'GB' in their alphabet.
Am sure your parents are not informed or else, they should have thought you that it is Igbo. Get it into your empty skull, ediot.
@Cork: I think your primary concern should be about your mother in the village with only one eye. Live Ndigbo alone and pay attention to her before the remaining eye is damaged as well. Humble advice.
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by throttler(f): 6:51pm On Sep 02, 2010
abadaba:

@Franny 1980: Surely your mother's bride price is a waste if at all there was any. It is a pity that an Igbo like you do not know that Ibo was what the British used during colonialism as they do not have 'GB' in their alphabet.
Am sure your parents are not informed or else, they should have thought you that it is Igbo. Get it into your empty skull, ediot.
@Cork: I think your primary concern should be about your mother in the village with only one eye. Live Ndigbo alone and pay attention to her before the remaining eye is damaged as well. Humble advice.

well said nwokem cheesy
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by londoner: 6:54pm On Sep 02, 2010
Is he not Igbo? So what is the issue? Let me set a record straight. Someone who is born and raised outside Nigeria by Nigerian parents have a MUCH STRONGER tie to their respective tribal heritage than they do with Nigeria as a nation/country. Lets stop kidding ourselves, the average Nigerian sees his identity in his/her tribe. It should not be so, but it IS SO.

Mutallab may have been described as Nigerian by the west, but Nigerians saw his Hausa/Muslim heritage as prominant. The same way that they categorize "Nigerian" 419er whos name may be Emeka as an IGBO criminal. Lets stop kidding ourselves here people.

We always use tribe to distance ourselves from negatives and claim positives.
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by Nobody: 7:20pm On Sep 02, 2010
@londoner well said.
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by omar22(m): 7:22pm On Sep 02, 2010

I rest my case!!!!
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by farochron(m): 7:28pm On Sep 02, 2010

I concur
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by honeric01(m): 7:37pm On Sep 02, 2010
sbeezy8:

And when did i claim to be yoruba? and who are the nigguz? do you roam about with slaves?
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by Ranoscky(m): 7:45pm On Sep 02, 2010
Dis thread is nomore interestin since i'v not heard from MR. CORK for long now! sad

D guy dey give me joy abeg! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Zip Download. Jaden ERYS 2019 Full Album / Omg!! See The Photo This Secondary School Girls From Delta Posted On Facebook / Seun Egbegbe To Appear In Court Today For Iphone Theft Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.