Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,424 members, 7,908,296 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 11:21 PM

They Said "A Woman Belongs To Another City"-dr Kate Ambrose - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / They Said "A Woman Belongs To Another City"-dr Kate Ambrose (229 Views)

See What Rivaldo Said A About Douglas Costa / Huge Snake Killed In A Woman’s Kitchen In Enugu State (Photo) / After 15 Years,i Discovered My Husband Has Another Wife In Another City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

They Said "A Woman Belongs To Another City"-dr Kate Ambrose by Comleg: 7:34am On Mar 08, 2019
Exclusive interview with Dr. Kate Ambrose
Can You Tell Us Your Name and where you are from?
I am Pastor Dr Kate Ambrose, from Abia state.

What do you do for a living?
I have been a student counselor at the national Open University of Nigeria until my retirement last January.
How long have you been under the educational sector?
I worked as a classroom teacher for 14 years, worked as a federal school inspector for 10 years, before switching to the national open university of Nigeria and worked for 15 years.

What is your view on international women’s day (IWD)?
It is a day we celebrate women, both young and old, the values that are placed on women, their contributions in the society
A woman is very relevant due to her multitasking nature, women play a lot of roles .To consolidate a woman’s value , she get pregnant, runs the family, and still face office task at work and coming back home to the kitchen.Therefore I solicit for women’s celebration.

What has been your greatest challenge as a woman?
It is marginalization, women are always marginalized ,a lot of taboos against women which are not applicable to men, let’s look at the bible , the woman that was caught committing adultery, she was to be stoned to death , meanwhile the adultery was committed with a man . I saw a video online where a Muslim girl was stone to death for committing fornication and I wondered where the man was.
If you want to buy a car or build a house, the response you often get is that you are a woman.
Another challenge, was the choice of education over marriage, was a challenge. Although I had my goals and desire, my aspiration was to study, I love education, I love ambitious women and I admired them.
I had many suitors right from my form 1, I refused to be distracted. Education was my priority; I made sure I satisfy my educational curiosity before marriage. My father loved education but my mother was a little bit pushy about marriage.
We were told folk tales that helped us, guided us; I grew up to detest association with the male gender to avoid compromise.

What inspired you to further your education?
What inspired me was the passion, instinctive and inner drive to go higher. I set goals , one after the other , I never knew I will become a doctor , I only desired it .as a growing girl child I felt those who didn’t have passion for education were lazy .
In those days graduate where held in high esteem, my father had passion for education and mandated us all to attain a level of education.
How friendly was the Africa tradition when you choose to further your career?
It was a thug of war, some enemies of education who had bond with tradition discouraged my parent from traning the girls,
My parents rejected their proposal. They said nwanyi bu obodo onye ozo” (a woman belongs to another city); consequently, any money invested on them is a waste, they said age is counting, mean while I was 16 years.
I over came by been focused on goal. My goal helped me, which was to attend the higher level as I explained earlier. I succeeded when I bagged my PHD.

https://commypage..com/2019/03/they-said-woman-belongs-to-another-city.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Latest Video's On Nigerian Politics / Fingerlings Juvenile And Breeder Stock Available / Toyota Highlander

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.