Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,963 members, 7,949,283 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 04:28 AM

I Don't Like My Parent - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Don't Like My Parent (220 Views)

Why I’m Crazy And Will Never  Be Like My Mother  – Bishop Oyedepo’s Daughter / Why Young People Don't Like Going To Church - Olamide Obire / 21 Prayer Points For Children, To Pray Always As A Parent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Don't Like My Parent by toyinaremu(f): 9:27am On Mar 08, 2019
(Concluding Part)

(At Mummy Pastor's office)

"Adetoun, your parent reported your rude attitude to me and I'm surprised because I do not see you as such", mummy expressed bitterly.

"Mummy, they police me too much, I am old enough to be somebody's wife, is it because I'm still in their house? Mummy I'm tired, really looking forward to my wedding so I can be free totally!" She expressed.

"You are right, you need to leave their house. But wait, what if your in-laws too are like your parent, what will you do? Will you stop them from being your inlaw or stop them from seeing their son or will you leave their son's house?" Mummy asked in dismay.

"Ehm mummy, God forbid o!" Adetoun said while snapping her finger across her head.

"Listen my dear, marriage is not an escape route, it has its own challenges even though there is love. If you train your mind to see marriage as an escape door from the 'difficulties' from your parent, you will not bear your part of the marriage burden when the going gets tough".

"Going into marriage with this type of mindset many times put women in danger as they don't choose rightly, they choose not only for love but to escape!"

"Hear me, marriage is not a destination; it is a journey. It’s not an ending, but a beginning of something new".

"If you cannot tolerate your people, how do you want to tolerate the new family you are going to? Yes, it may be frustrating but ask for wisdom to tolerate and take people as they are so that you can enjoy yourself in marriage. Your happiness is what matters!" Mummy pastor advised.

"Mummy you are right, I won't leave my husband's house if anything happens, I will turn over a new leaf ma." Adetoun replied.

MORALS...

Marriage is not an escape route from your parent's "trouble". Learn to tolerate them, ask God for the grace to build yourself before marriage!

(1) (Reply)

Should Christians Go To Church? / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens :wednesday, March 27, 2019 / Evil Association

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.