Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,621 members, 7,911,630 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 01:24 PM

Terry Praises Mikel ! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Terry Praises Mikel ! (670 Views)

Is Obi Mikel Playing His Best Under Roberto Di Matteo At Chelsea? / John Terry Appointed Player-manager For England For Euro' 12 / Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Terry Praises Mikel ! by wales(m): 6:22am On Sep 01, 2010
Chelsea captain John Terry has heaped praise on teammate Mikel Obi for his start to the season. Mikel has impressed in the opening games of the campaign.

Terry told Chelsea TV on Tuesday, ”Mikel had a really good pre-season and looks slimmer. He has done a bit of weights and really looks fit. We have missed Michael Essien the last couple of years and there is competition now. I think John feels that with Ramires coming in and Michael coming back, and he feels he needs to step it up.

”He had a great season last year and the season before that but again he has kicked on which is important for the young players to do.”

Mikel feels his hard work on the training pitch is responsible for his new form. He now fully fit after a knee injury forced him to miss Nigeria‘s World Cup campaign, is relishing the challenges ahead.

”Towards the end of last season before I was injured I was in good shape and playing almost every week. Then I got injured, had surgery and did my rehab,” Mikel said on the club‘s official website. ”I just put my head down and knew I had to work twice as hard as the other players to get myself ready for the start of the season.”

He added: ”I feel like it is paying off and I don‘t want to stop, I want to keep going and working hard in training.

”If you speak to the guys they will tell you I work as hard as anyone else on the training pitch, maybe harder and I just want to keep going like this.”

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201009013531540

Re: Terry Praises Mikel ! by wales(m): 6:23am On Sep 01, 2010
Hi John Terry, thanks man, pls kindly advice my guy mikel to keep it up, soon we know that we can do without him at the super eagle, Mikel try and score goals, this season
Re: Terry Praises Mikel ! by orangemen: 8:29am On Sep 01, 2010
i believed in the guy from the day one. i knew the only hick up he was having was the fear of playing alongside bigger boys.
it is obvious mikel has finally settled. he is doing most things on his own now and the preasure and instructions from the then bigger boys is reduced now.
if mikel happens to finish this season in the same manner with which he started it, i am sure chelsea will have to improve on the digits on his check leaves.
the way the fans react to his moves, the way the chelsea site involves him and the way other players praise mikel surely indicate a move towards the right directions.
see the guy on D & G suit samples.
where are the haters? all gone waiting for bad news. shameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. many monkies were even predicting ramires sending mikel to the bench but am sure that will take another 5 seasons bcs the mikel i see is growing from strenght to strenght and we are yet to see the best of mikel.

Re: Terry Praises Mikel ! by chelseabmw(m): 11:17am On Sep 05, 2010
punch newspaper talking rubbish.i have never seen or heard john terry prasing mikel on chelsea website,soccernet or skysports.This guys formulate lies alot
Re: Terry Praises Mikel ! by dipo2much(m): 3:47pm On Sep 05, 2010
mikel is so shitty,they had to spend so much to buy a competent adjutant for essien
Re: Terry Praises Mikel ! by MeGaStReEt: 4:58pm On Sep 05, 2010
chelseabmw:

punch newspaper talking rubbish.i have never seen or heard john terry prasing mikel on chelsea website,soccernet or skysports.This guys formulate lies alot

whats the meaning of this?
Re: Terry Praises Mikel ! by chelseabmw(m): 7:36am On Sep 08, 2010
MeGaStReEt:

whats the meaning of this?

As u eye see am angry
Re: Terry Praises Mikel ! by waledoy(m): 11:22am On Sep 08, 2010
chelseabmw:

CHELSEA TV EXCLUSIVE: TERRY THREE GAMES IN

Terry also told the club's own channel of his admiration for the way another regular in the side has started the season.

'John Mikel Obi had a really good pre-season and looks slimmer. He has done a bit of weights and really looks fit. We have missed Michael Essien the last couple of years and there is competition now. I think John feels that with Ramires coming in and Michael coming back, and he feels he needs to step it up.

'He had a great season last year and the season before that but again he has kicked on which is important for the young players to do.'

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2139928,00.html

(1) (Reply)

Fabregas Off To Barcelona While Nasri Leaves For Man U / Carlos Tevez Issues Unreserved Apology To Everybody At Manchester City / Premier League Spendind: Summer 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.