Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,741 members, 7,882,548 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 08:27 AM

A Must Read For Every Car Owner! By *smartfix* - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / A Must Read For Every Car Owner! By *smartfix* (1164 Views)

Car Maintenance: 5 Useful Tips Every Car Owner Should Know About / How To Check Car Owner By Number Plate? / 5 Important Information Every Car Owner In Nigeria Must Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Must Read For Every Car Owner! By *smartfix* by Smartfix: 9:11pm On Mar 08, 2019
**PROVEN TIPS FOR MAINTAINING A SAFE & HEALTHY WINDSHIELD**

Windshields or windscreens are one of the top priorities of every car owner when it comes to maintenance. Taking good care of
your windshield does not only make your car look excellent, it helps you to drive safely as well. In times of impact, a windscreen prevents the roof of your car from caving in on every passenger inside.
Also, they secure the airbag system to protect you from impact.
Now that I have highlighted some of the importance of windscreen, you would not want to compromise safety due to improper maintenance. Below are a list of tips to consider in order to properly maintain your windshields:

1. If you notice cracks or chips in your glass, get it repaired immediately by employing the services of a professional windshield repair technician. Trash, pebbles/stones and sand particles
can fracture the glass and cause dings which, if left unattended, can turn into bigger cracks. Regular windshield check-up is even advisable. Some car owners with cracked windscreens can hardly tell when they acquired a crack because they do not perform regular checks.
Road safety officers will not hesitate to impound your vehicle should they see any visible damage to your windshield, of which you will have to deep your hand in your pocket in order to secure a release.

2. Avoid slamming of doors - Slamming of doors causes intense vibrations to the windscreens. Also,those little dings on your windshields can spread every time
vibration builds up when doors are
slammed.

3. Avoid parking where your windshield can be directly hit by sunlight. Long exposure to direct sunlight shortens the life of your windshield. Also, those little
cracks may get worse if there is a
considerable temperature difference on either side of the windshield. So, choose cool, shady places for parking. Avoid winding up when you have a crack, and the weather is hot. This can cause your crack to expand and extend.

4. For cleaning, avoid ammonia-
containing glass cleaners. Ammonia-based cleaners are dangerous if inhaled and may destroy the tint. A weekly wipe of vinegar or alcohol is sufficient. Also, use microfiber or cotton towels. They are extraordinarily absorbent and do not leave streaks and dust behind after clean-up but a sparkling surface.

5. Do not forget the wipers. A lot of scratches on the windscreen come from sand particles and dirts from the wipers, so it is necessary that these should be checked and properly cleaned. Use a rag with a windshield fluid washer. Rub these along the blades to remove dust, sand particles and other contaminants.

6. Do not allow water on a hot
windscreen or spray cold water, alcohol or any other liquid on a hot windscreen, the temperature of the water needs to be similar to the temperature of glass in order to avoid crack out because sudden temperature changes causes expansion and greatly increases the chances of crack out.
Stick to these tips to keep your
windscreen in good condition throughout the life span of your car.

Remember, when it comes to
windscreen maintenance, time is not your friend. As soon as you notice a crack or a chip, do not ignore it hoping that the damage will not get worse. As a matter of fact, failure to promptly employ the services of an experienced glass technician to get it fixed, will amount to losing the windshield in no time!.
If you have any questions as regards the above, drop them here or contact me personally.

Thanks for reading, and do not forget to save and call/whatsapp any of those numbers below should your windshield need an urgent attention.
Re: A Must Read For Every Car Owner! By *smartfix* by Smartfix: 6:47pm On Apr 16, 2019
You missed out on this thread earlier? Here is a chance to go over it and learn something new. Do well to save those numbers because you never can tell.
Just to appreciate those who heeded the warning above and acted fast by contacting me. I am very sure you made the right choice and salvaged that damaged windshield.
I am still very much around for the time being. Call me now!

(1) (Reply)

Someone Just Bought A ₦126m Plate Number For A Bentley Continental GT Speed / What Make Of Car Can I Buy / Corolla 0'10 Not Accelerating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.