Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,481 members, 7,929,598 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 05:25 PM

Smart Nonso Okafor: Mother Sells Akara, He Won Anambra Assembly Election - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Smart Nonso Okafor: Mother Sells Akara, He Won Anambra Assembly Election (79928 Views)

Nonso Smart Okafor Rebuilds Burnt House Of A Widow, Empowers Her Financially / Nairabet Owner, Akin Alabi Wins National Assembly Election / BREAKING: Fight In Anambra Assembly As Factional Speakers Struggle To Take Seat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Smart Nonso Okafor: Mother Sells Akara, He Won Anambra Assembly Election by invectives(m): 7:24pm On Mar 12, 2019
MyGeneration:

LoL... U dae mind them.

Though Mr N was wrong in saying that with all ramifications he is much more qualified than him
Sorry Bros,is this Dr N??

1 Share

Re: Smart Nonso Okafor: Mother Sells Akara, He Won Anambra Assembly Election by Nobody: 7:25pm On Mar 12, 2019
They voted him in not because he cried or pleaded over his mother's merchandise but because he was degraded over it.So this talk about the poor beefing the rich is nonsense.Afterall there could possiblly be some reasonable wealthy men who still contributed to his campaign.Where are our virtues.!?
Re: Smart Nonso Okafor: Mother Sells Akara, He Won Anambra Assembly Election by chocolatelady(f): 7:27pm On Mar 12, 2019
This story is so touching. Tears fell from my eyes reading it. The God of the poor is never asleep. My advice to Mr, Smart is that he should not forget his humble beginning and try and work for his contituency. Congrats dear !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Smart Nonso Okafor: Mother Sells Akara, He Won Anambra Assembly Election by chocolatelady(f): 7:28pm On Mar 12, 2019
This story is so touching. Tears fell from my eyes reading it. The God of the poor is never asleep. My advice to Mr, Smart is that he should not forget his humble beginning. He should try and work for his contituency. Congrats dear ! And for Mr. N ,pride goeth before a fall. Control ur mouth next time.
Re: Smart Nonso Okafor: Mother Sells Akara, He Won Anambra Assembly Election by Nobody: 7:29pm On Mar 12, 2019
Sicilyjoe:

Apga bought people's vote with money at all the polling units across the state, starting from #500 to 2k per vote, they even force people to show their ballot papers after voting before u collet ur money

APGA that is a tradition and way of life in Anambra will still be buying votes in the same Anambra? shocked

Oga, please go and meet Lai Mohammed for lying tutorials because you don't even know how to lie! cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Smart Nonso Okafor: Mother Sells Akara, He Won Anambra Assembly Election by 77up(m): 7:32pm On Mar 12, 2019
Pity vote works sometimes.

Congratulations man .
Re: Smart Nonso Okafor: Mother Sells Akara, He Won Anambra Assembly Election by Adek15(m): 7:34pm On Mar 12, 2019
Obere4u:

It's true.

Mr N is Ngonadi son
the same sentiment that made buhari win in the north.
Re: Smart Nonso Okafor: Mother Sells Akara, He Won Anambra Assembly Election by Innomach(m): 7:34pm On Mar 12, 2019
IbrahimDamola:
But okanaube wait o...

I'm still trying to find out why smart is loved so much. Many people who voted PDP for presidency and YPP (Ifeanyi's uba) for senate vote Smart of APGA.
Commoners in Nnewi donated money, vehicles, just to ensure smart campaigns, win and go to Awka.

Tell me more about that guy.

He must certainly be a child of destiny. Watch out as his fame grows in few years to come

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Smart Nonso Okafor: Mother Sells Akara, He Won Anambra Assembly Election by Napoleondegreat: 7:35pm On Mar 12, 2019
roughdiamond:
You truly know Smart. Smart is the Formula, Smart is the solution

yea broda
Re: Smart Nonso Okafor: Mother Sells Akara, He Won Anambra Assembly Election by Nobody: 7:40pm On Mar 12, 2019
MyGeneration:

My prayer is that the guy delivers. The difference between the akara seller and the chief son in terms of delivery is that, the chief son is already rich, chances are high that he is trying to build up his political profile, but the akara seller son is poor, chances are high that he has a lot of mouths to feed, he has a lot of family members to lift from poverty. This would cost his pocket more. Chances of him embezzling money will be very very higher.

ANYBODY SHOULD ARGUE WITH ME ON THIS
It is the personality and vision that really matters.Afterall the Ngonadis can also target to reach the level of Dangote and Authur Eze combined by diverting the constituency funds to their business interest.We have seen the rich and the poor come into a position of authority and messed it up.We should really study people's anticidence not their class in the society before making our choice.One who is greedy is greedy nomatter his status.RICH,AVERAGE ,or POOR.

4 Likes

Re: Smart Nonso Okafor: Mother Sells Akara, He Won Anambra Assembly Election by DerideGull(m): 7:40pm On Mar 12, 2019
OkaNaUbe:
Meet APGA Candidate Who Won Because He Was Insulted That His Mother Sells Akara

Nnewichi, Nnewi, Anambra State.

Two candidates from Nnewichi, Nnewi came out during APGA primaries as candidates to represent Nnewi North LGA in Anambra State House of Assembly.

Mr N (lets call him that) is the son of a very rich man in Nnewi. He had his PhD in London. His father owns a factory. He introduces himself as the son of his father because he has no identity of his own, other than being attached to his father's company. His father spent millions of naira for his campaign and other 'big men' also supported him.

Meanwhile, Mr Smart Nonso Okafor is a poor fatherless young man but very intelligent and an orator. His father died when they were young. His widowed mother fries and sells (bean cakes) "akara" and with people's help, she managed to train her kids. Smart Nonso schooled at Oko Polytechnic and was a SUG President. He has also held so many positions in Youth Organizations in Anambra State.

During campaign, "Mr N" said he is so much qualified after all he is the son of Chief and it would be best suited to represent Nnewi peoples and that his opponent, Mr Smart Nonso "bu nwa nwanyi na eghe akara" (son of akara woman) "so he is not qualified".

This statement angered Nnewi people and they campaigned for Mr Smart Nonso instead. Some candidates who wanted to contest within APGA for the said post withdrew and started supporting Mr Smart Nonso.

After the primaries, Mr Smart Nonso won and Mr N entered YPP and won the ticket to run for the said post. Again, his father "pumped" more money for his election campaign.

During the House Of Assembly election of last Saturday, people paid money to all akara frying women, provided firewood and ground beans and asked them to keep frying akara. Akara was declared free of charge in Nnewichi. Vote for Smart Nonso and eat as much as you want.

After the election, Mr N and his father with other rich men supporting them were bent on thwarting the result but God of the poor widowed mother said NO..Eventually Mr Smart Nonso was declared winner. There is jubilation everywhere in Nnewi.

See videos of his campaign>>>
http://hotsta.net/media/1995334646162132895_8096810320

Nonso O.

If this has to take place in Yari.ba land, the son of Akara woman would not have made it out of primary contest. Yari.ba peeps would have been flapping all over the floor yearning dust before the affluent parents of akara woman's opponent.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Smart Nonso Okafor: Mother Sells Akara, He Won Anambra Assembly Election by Nobody: 7:46pm On Mar 12, 2019
DerideGull:

If this has to take place in Yari.ba land, the son of Akara woman would not have made it out of primary contest. Yari.ba peeps would have been flapping all over the floor yearning dust before the affluent parents of akara woman's opponent.
Pls stop this, let's not flare the embers of hate.Nomatter the differences,we are still human.
Re: Smart Nonso Okafor: Mother Sells Akara, He Won Anambra Assembly Election by amliftedhigher: 7:57pm On Mar 12, 2019
The God that lift the poor from the dust. I am loyal. I return all glory and honour to you.
Re: Smart Nonso Okafor: Mother Sells Akara, He Won Anambra Assembly Election by Okooooooooooooo: 7:58pm On Mar 12, 2019
seyi makinde victory is the only news that gladdens my heart since Sunday but this news add to my joy Bleep mr N and his raba
Re: Smart Nonso Okafor: Mother Sells Akara, He Won Anambra Assembly Election by oluxy(m): 7:59pm On Mar 12, 2019
God used his mocker's word to gain him victory.

God is going to use all my enemies and mockers strength, power and words to form my victory, Amen.
Re: Smart Nonso Okafor: Mother Sells Akara, He Won Anambra Assembly Election by leonn(m): 8:01pm On Mar 12, 2019
Wow nice one, congrats Mr Smart Nonso I knew him then in Unizik in leap Africa. Nice guy very out spoken and always ready and willing to lead.
Re: Smart Nonso Okafor: Mother Sells Akara, He Won Anambra Assembly Election by Longnthick(m): 8:04pm On Mar 12, 2019
IbrahimDamola:
But okanaube wait o...

I'm still trying to find out why smart is loved so much. Many people who voted PDP for presidency and YPP (Ifeanyi's uba) for senate vote Smart of APGA.
Commoners in Nnewi donated money, vehicles, just to ensure smart campaigns, win and go to Awka.

Tell me more about that guy.
He was outstanding during his reign as SUG president of Federal Polytechnic Oko
Re: Smart Nonso Okafor: Mother Sells Akara, He Won Anambra Assembly Election by Born2Breed(f): 8:11pm On Mar 12, 2019
IbrahimDamola:

Biodun Osagie my dear Yoruba Muslim brother. I agree with you. We must lament to Allahu and beg him to make Abia and Ebonyi hate themselves.

Osagie Is that guys real name Osagie, Benin name?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Smart Nonso Okafor: Mother Sells Akara, He Won Anambra Assembly Election by Moloso(m): 8:21pm On Mar 12, 2019
OkaNaUbe:
Meet APGA Candidate Who Won Because He Was Insulted That His Mother Sells Akara

Nnewichi, Nnewi, Anambra State.

Two candidates from Nnewichi, Nnewi came out during APGA primaries as candidates to represent Nnewi North LGA in Anambra State House of Assembly.

Mr N (lets call him that) is the son of a very rich man in Nnewi. He had his PhD in London. His father owns a factory. He introduces himself as the son of his father because he has no identity of his own, other than being attached to his father's company. His father spent millions of naira for his campaign and other 'big men' also supported him.

Meanwhile, Mr Smart Nonso Okafor is a poor fatherless young man but very intelligent and an orator. His father died when they were young. His widowed mother fries and sells (bean cakes) "akara" and with people's help, she managed to train her kids. Smart Nonso schooled at Oko Polytechnic and was a SUG President. He has also held so many positions in Youth Organizations in Anambra State.

During campaign, "Mr N" said he is so much qualified after all he is the son of Chief and it would be best suited to represent Nnewi peoples and that his opponent, Mr Smart Nonso "bu nwa nwanyi na eghe akara" (son of akara woman) "so he is not qualified".

This statement angered Nnewi people and they campaigned for Mr Smart Nonso instead. Some candidates who wanted to contest within APGA for the said post withdrew and started supporting Mr Smart Nonso.

After the primaries, Mr Smart Nonso won and Mr N entered YPP and won the ticket to run for the said post. Again, his father "pumped" more money for his election campaign.

During the House Of Assembly election of last Saturday, people paid money to all akara frying women, provided firewood and ground beans and asked them to keep frying akara. Akara was declared free of charge in Nnewichi. Vote for Smart Nonso and eat as much as you want.

After the election, Mr N and his father with other rich men supporting them were bent on thwarting the result but God of the poor widowed mother said NO..Eventually Mr Smart Nonso was declared winner. There is jubilation everywhere in Nnewi.

See videos of his campaign>>>
http://hotsta.net/media/1995334646162132895_8096810320

Nonso O.

congratulations to him.. for the first time I read post to the end in nairaland..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Smart Nonso Okafor: Mother Sells Akara, He Won Anambra Assembly Election by 2blessed01(m): 8:38pm On Mar 12, 2019
Obere4u:

You are right that performance matters. But the people wanted to teach Dr Ngonadi a bitter lesson that looking down on people is not good and careless talk can lead to a man's downfall
Yes Oo..Hopes Dr Ngonadi Learnt His Lessons....In This Life Humility Can Take U Places!
Re: Smart Nonso Okafor: Mother Sells Akara, He Won Anambra Assembly Election by Ijeluv82(f): 8:39pm On Mar 12, 2019
Yes ooo, Proudly Nnewi girl.
Re: Smart Nonso Okafor: Mother Sells Akara, He Won Anambra Assembly Election by Ijeluv82(f): 8:39pm On Mar 12, 2019
Yes ooo, Proudly Nnewi girl.
Re: Smart Nonso Okafor: Mother Sells Akara, He Won Anambra Assembly Election by mechanics(m): 8:48pm On Mar 12, 2019
Congrats him.
Re: Smart Nonso Okafor: Mother Sells Akara, He Won Anambra Assembly Election by 9jaRealist: 9:11pm On Mar 12, 2019
Nigeria has a rich history of so many people rising from very humble beginnings...
However, we never seem to tell those stories. Congrats to the dude, and let’s hope he does not switch-up in office.

2 Likes

Re: Smart Nonso Okafor: Mother Sells Akara, He Won Anambra Assembly Election by Iphran6: 9:21pm On Mar 12, 2019
This is the literal meaning of this igbo saying ' nganga buru'zor, odida esoro ya
Re: Smart Nonso Okafor: Mother Sells Akara, He Won Anambra Assembly Election by ChiefSweetus: 9:28pm On Mar 12, 2019
Kwamecron:
Story
I don dey get goosebumps until your comment grin grin grin grin
Re: Smart Nonso Okafor: Mother Sells Akara, He Won Anambra Assembly Election by BiafraIsFree: 9:36pm On Mar 12, 2019
Let him declare his assets to Fulani BCC for his slavery certificate to betray his own people protesting for freedom.

Abeg where are Atikulators them?

Re: Smart Nonso Okafor: Mother Sells Akara, He Won Anambra Assembly Election by Softness147: 10:20pm On Mar 12, 2019
Kwamecron:
Story
Very true. Ngonadi thought its all about money
Re: Smart Nonso Okafor: Mother Sells Akara, He Won Anambra Assembly Election by Teejay13(m): 10:23pm On Mar 12, 2019
Lesson to be learnt from.
Re: Smart Nonso Okafor: Mother Sells Akara, He Won Anambra Assembly Election by chiefobdk(m): 10:39pm On Mar 12, 2019
globemoney:
The guy won Ifeanyi Ubah done to his polling unit. Anambra is APGA

Ifeanyi ubah was warned to stay clear.

Nnewi people unanimously voted smart because of the utterances..

Ngonadi would ve won bae his utterance
Re: Smart Nonso Okafor: Mother Sells Akara, He Won Anambra Assembly Election by Nobody: 11:44pm On Mar 12, 2019
chocolatelady:
This story is so touching. Tears fell from my eyes reading it. The God of the poor is never asleep. My advice to Mr, Smart is that he should not forget his humble beginning and try and work for his contituency. Congrats dear !
He should because one man said he had no shoes yet he messed up
Re: Smart Nonso Okafor: Mother Sells Akara, He Won Anambra Assembly Election by chiefobdk(m): 1:34am On Mar 13, 2019
AndLeo:
So we should fry akara?
But akara epp the guy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Aso Rock: History Of The Presidential Villa (Pictures) / Akeredolu Is Dead - Sahara Reporters / Lekki Killings, A Massacre - Bukola Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.