Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,950 members, 7,949,260 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 12:43 AM

Breaking:killings In South Kaduna By Killer Herdsmen Claim Children,women Lives - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Breaking:killings In South Kaduna By Killer Herdsmen Claim Children,women Lives (531 Views)

Two Soldiers, Civilians Killed In Kaduna By Suspected Bandits / Maiwada Galadima, Agom Adara Kidnapped In Kaduna By Fulani Gunmen (Photos) / Mastermind Of Benue Attacks & Leader Of Killer Herdsmen Arrested By Police. PIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Breaking:killings In South Kaduna By Killer Herdsmen Claim Children,women Lives by AdomeNG: 9:06am On Mar 12, 2019
Readers Discretion is Strongly Advised!

Killings in Ungwan Gora Village, behind Makyali village in Idon Kajuru Local Government Area of Kaduna State has intensified, days after the state gubernatorial election which returned the incumbent; Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, to power.

Southern Kaduna has been under the Herdsmen attack for over two years, as the state continues to do nothing to curb the incessant attack on locals, many of whom are considered Christians, as religious crisis fuels in the terror-ravaged community.
A child matcheted from behind, around his neck

This latest coordinated attack on Southern Kaduna involves Ikirimi village in Iri, Dogon Noma village in Ungwan Gamo of Maro and Ungwan Gora village; all in Kajuru local government; Afrilens News authoritatively reports.

Read: How we tackle Fake News at Afrilens News

Reacting to the killings yesterday, Rachel Mutum; a survivor of the massacre who had already lost a husband to the killer herdsmen and now a child said “We were waiting to hear the result of the election when I heard noise, and like usual, I knew another trouble has started. What I saw next was people running for safety. I just moved in the direction everyone was moving to escape the lynching till we were further attacked from the sides. That’s where I was macheted around my waist”.
A male survivor receiving treatment
Another survivor in the Southern Kaduna attacks
A man badly injured in the recent killings in Southern Kaduna

As at the filling of this report, close to fifteen persons are reported to have died from the massacre while scores of others made it to the hospital and are been attended to.
A man macheted on the road while running for safety.
Scores of dead people, including women and children given mass burials
A woman lynched across the street
Lynched to his death

Earlier, Afrilens News has reported the situation of things in Southern Kaduna, and it remains to be seen whether this onslaught is an aftermath of the election which returned the incumbent to power, although the ruling APC and party of the sitting governor lost the local government to the opposition PDP with a wide margin; 10,229 votes to PDP’s 34,658 votes, but it had no effect on the overall outcome of the state gubernatorial election.

Calls made to the Police Public Relations Officer in Kaduna state were yet to be returned as at the time of filing this report, but military presence were said to be around to curtail the excesses of the killer herdsmen who are still yet to be proscribed as a terrorist group by the Muhammadu Buhari-led Federal Government.

Source: https://afrilensnews.com/2019/03/12/breaking-killings-in-southern-kaduna-by-killer-herdsmen-claim-children-women-and-mens-lives/

(1) (Reply)

Many Killed As Trailer Loses Control In Anambra (photos/video) / Customer Paid Seller N35k It Change To N350 When He Left (video) / *A Police Officer Was Captured Collecting Bribe From The Motorists*.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.