Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,939 members, 7,973,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 11:42 AM

Presidency Wades Into Al-mustapha's Case ! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Wades Into Al-mustapha's Case ! (4362 Views)

How Sani Abacha Died…AL Mustapha. NOT BY APPLE / President Jonathan Wades Into Oil Wells Dispute Among Anambra, Kogi, Enugu State / Al Mustapha Freed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency Wades Into Al-mustapha's Case ! by Nobody: 9:11am On Sep 03, 2010
Obijulius:

Al'Mustapha deserves this freedom.

We all av a c'mon responsibility for the sins of our leaders-military or democratic.

The bible book of James 4:17 says "Therefore, to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin."

If we wanted to we should av stopped Abacha's evil deeds. We all deverve to be Prison (Awaitin Trial) with those who took part in that gov't.

Pls, GJ release Mustapha and other prisoners of conscience, who were merely doing their military work.
What does your bible tells you about murder ? ''THOU SHALL NOT KILL '',so what does God have to do with his boss order ? Al-mustapha has conscience of his own and must be responsible for the consequence of all his evil deeds.
Re: Presidency Wades Into Al-mustapha's Case ! by oludashmi(f): 10:27am On Sep 03, 2010
Watch out! they will release this man and before you know it, he will start getting billions contract from the govt.

Let him die afterall he lived by gun. If anyone says he was acting according to his bosses order, then have it in mind that everyone is responsible for his own conscience.
Re: Presidency Wades Into Al-mustapha's Case ! by Nobody: 10:41am On Sep 03, 2010
oludashmi:

Watch out! they will release this man and before you know it, he will start getting billions contract from the govt.

Let him die afterall he lived by gun. If anyone says he was acting according to his bosses order, then have it in mind that everyone is responsible for his own conscience.

my fear is that the few northerners that would vote for jonathan should not use his release as a bargaining chip.his release will help jonathan pull some northern votes.
Re: Presidency Wades Into Al-mustapha's Case ! by member479760: 11:11am On Sep 03, 2010
Too many unserious elements in this country.
Re: Presidency Wades Into Al-mustapha's Case ! by Vidamia(m): 11:52am On Sep 03, 2010
I wonder why people support of releasing al mustapha after being detained for 11years. His allegation is that he murder some notable peoples. What of chief MKO abiola who was detained and die in prison without charge to court for his right. And we all know that he won the free and fair election. All there people that gather themselves and say that he should be release has chicken or mosquito brain especially that slowpoke man called himself fasehun.
Re: Presidency Wades Into Al-mustapha's Case ! by oge4real(f): 1:28pm On Sep 03, 2010
They should just hasten his release so that he can come and contest for presidency next year.
Re: Presidency Wades Into Al-mustapha's Case ! by Kabikala(m): 2:10pm On Sep 03, 2010
@ gadogado:
Nobody has been able to prove that he killed anybody, Lagos prosecutors have been trying to prove his guilt for over ten years and have been unable to. If thats the case, they cannot prove he killed a single soul and there are no witnesses then let him go. You have to put yourself in his shoes. They cannot prove him guilty of the crimes they charged him with and if they cant do this after 10 years then it means they have no evidence that he did those things. LET HIM GO, what if someone accused you of something but couldn't prove it yet locked you up for 12 years. Anybody can accuse anybody of a crime, i can say you're a murderer but in a civilized setting, you have to prove it. Unless you want a jungle society which is totally devoid of law and justice.

Read tokotaya's post above for explanation on why Al-Mustapha's trial has been delayed this far.

And to those who tried to justify Al-Mustapha's misdeeds by claiming he was following orders, I only need to point out an event in Nigeria's legal history to you. It was decided by a court of competent jurisdiction some years ago (in the case of a police orderly to a judge who shot and killed an innocent man claiming he was ordered to do so by the judge) that you are responsible for any action you carry out as a state official and that you are expected to refuse an illegal order.
You simply cannot hide under the toga of "I am following orders" to perpetrate a crime and expect to walk away free.
The best Jonathan can do to support the cause of justice in this matter is to let Al-Mustapha's trial be fast-tracked and let him pay for his crime. I am one of those who believe he is guilty and he should be made to pay for his crime, in full.
Re: Presidency Wades Into Al-mustapha's Case ! by omofat: 2:48pm On Sep 03, 2010
dayokanu:

Really is Al Mustapha to blame for carrying out the order of the Commander In CHief at that time?

Principle IV of the Nuremberg principles:

Principle IV states: "The fact that a person acted pursuant to order of his Government or of a superior does not relieve him from responsibility under international law, provided a moral choice was in fact possible to him".
This principle could be paraphrased as follows: "It is not an acceptable excuse to say 'I was just following my superior's orders'".
Previous to the time of the Nuremberg Trials, this excuse was known in common parlance as "Superior Orders". After the prominent, high profile event of the Nuremberg Trials, that excuse is now referred to by many as "Nuremberg Defense". In recent times, a third term, "Lawful orders" has become common parlance for some people. All three terms are in use today, and they all have slightly different nuances of meaning, depending on the context in which they are used.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuremberg_Principles
Re: Presidency Wades Into Al-mustapha's Case ! by andyanders: 2:32pm On Sep 04, 2010
IT IS OBASANJO'S WICKEDNESS THAT IS HOLDING AL MUSTAPHA. NOTHING. OBJ IS A WICKED MAN. HE HAS NO FORGIVENESS IN HIS PERSON.
Re: Presidency Wades Into Al-mustapha's Case ! by orangemen: 11:12am On Sep 05, 2010
did goodluck jonathan take the same steps when he was bringing ribadu home?
if he cld give ribadu presidential pardon with immediate effect, why not do same in the case of mustapha?
selective justice is the other of the day. justice delayed is justice denied.
Re: Presidency Wades Into Al-mustapha's Case ! by Gidtruth: 12:13pm On Sep 07, 2010
andyanders:

IT IS OBASANJO'S WICKEDNESS THAT IS HOLDING AL MUSTAPHA. NOTHING. OBJ IS A WICKED MAN. HE HAS NO FORGIVENESS IN HIS PERSON.

nakedall:

Too many unserious elements in this country.
i agree with u completely, a lot of Naijapeople find it difficult to apply their gray matter to public discourse. They just open their trap and vomit rubbish

gadogado:

have you been able to prove he murdered anybody?? if not, let him go because his continued detention is illegal since he's not serving a sentence.

For mutiple murder and attempted murder case? Do you know Ibru goes around with one plastic eyeball today?

Echidime:

Al Mustapha is innocent,he did nothing,was only carrying out his duty on instruction from his former bose

I have only highlighted a few demented post so that we can see why Nigeria is in such a sorry state although i earnestly hope those posters are not  older than 15.

A society where a large number have very short memory is on the path to self implosion. Neither is a country were the bulk of the educated class make judgments only on things they can immediately see without any benefit of hindsight going anywhere.

Yes we have been educated but have failed to understand.

Why not find out why the case is made to drag on before pronouncing the man innocent by some posters, if you are willing to pity and forgive Al-mustapha, what of the people shot in cold blood in Lagos streets, including a mother, or a man in his 70's. What threat do they constitute to military men trained with government resources that they should be killed without benefit of arrest not to talk of a trial.
Re: Presidency Wades Into Al-mustapha's Case ! by nearest(m): 11:17am On Sep 11, 2010
Almustapha is guity? says who? if he is, why has it taken so long to convict him? personally i think he has a hand in all the dirty jobs abacha did, because as his CSO he'll be privy to security matters. on his continued detention, their might be some strong persons behind it, just as these activists are now championing his release.
Re: Presidency Wades Into Al-mustapha's Case ! by Tokotaya: 9:18pm On Sep 22, 2010
To those who still don't get it, this is a strategy the suspects adopted from day one of their trial: Elongate trial, frustrate prosecutors, judges, and witnesses. Get them totally fed up with the case by putting up legal impediments. Then turn around to ask for reprieve on account of prolonged trial. That this discussion is taking place at all means the strategy is working. It remains to be seen if Lagos State Government will succumb.
Re: Presidency Wades Into Al-mustapha's Case ! by Nobody: 9:38pm On Sep 22, 2010
For almost 12 years now, Mustafa has been behind bars without conviction. Now, FG is wading in to use his release to massage their ego. Fela say na "Army arrangement" . Nigerians will witness the release of Al Mustafa b4 the election. So sad that Jonathan wants to use him as a bargaining chip in the form of gaining sympathy from the North. However, the script wey OBJ dey write for Jonathan go back fire!
Re: Presidency Wades Into Al-mustapha's Case ! by activist11(m): 9:07pm On Oct 03, 2011
Most of you guys didn't know the real fact. Al-Mustapha is Innocent. I have proof. All the story you hear and read on News Paper is not the truth. The people behind the death of Abiola and His Wife Alhaja Kudirat Abiola is Yoruba Elders, They purposely frame Al-Mustapha up so the truth wont be revealed. They bought the report in which Dr. Fasheun took from Al-Mustapha from Vanguard and This Days and other news paper company then burnt it. For God so good, Al-Mustapha fan get lucky to get few copies. I have the proof, for anyone who want to see, I will send the fact to their emails.

They just want him to rut in Jail so the truth wont be reveal to all Nigerians

(1) (2) (Reply)

Recently "Discovered" Crude Oil In Kwara: What Happened To It? / The Issues And Options On Fuel Subsidy Debate In Nigeria: Another Decade After / Fashola, Dangote And Aminu Tambuwal In Mecca (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.