Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,316 members, 7,932,215 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 09:20 PM

Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX (15406 Views)

Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw / Air Peace Issues A Statement On Boeing 737 Max 8 Order. / No Boeing 737 Max 8 Flying In Nigerian Airspace, Says NCAA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX by iammarvellux(m): 6:17am On Mar 13, 2019
The Angle of Attack AOA is just a little sensor on the nose of the 737-8MAX that enable it to detect and defend air flow as it makes its journey in the air.

It also send signal to the tail of d plane for a horizontal stabilization, and when this fails, the plane will stall.

This is serious... They cant continue to put the life of many in danger of their flying caskets

3 Likes

Re: Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX by naptu2: 6:17am On Mar 13, 2019
naptu2:
This is a very serious matter, so I shouldn't laugh, but on the other hand, some of the comments are very funny.

Two Boeing 737 Max 8 aircraft have crashed since October. Investigation into the first crash shows that there was a software issue.

Boeing changed the way it mounts the engines on the aircraft and this affected the centre of gravity of the plane. This means that the nose (the front part) of the plane could sometimes suddenly tip upwards, which could stall the plane.

Boeing installed a software program on the plane to counteract this problem. The program lowers the nose whenever there is a danger that it would tip upwards.

Unfortunately there was a problem with the sensors and this made the program believe that the nose was about to tip upwards, so it lowered the nose. This is believed to possibly be one of the reasons for the Lion Air crash (investigation is still ongoing).

It's also reported that two US pilots have reported similar problems on separate occasions.

Many countries have grounded the 737 Max 8, but the FAA, which regulates aviation in the US, refuses to ground it. The FAA released a statement 6 hours ago in which it insisted that there was no reason to ground the plane.

You need to see the reactions of Americans to that tweet. Some of the comments are funny.

One guy said that the board of the FAA must use the 737 Max 8 for all their future flights and they must not fly anywhere near his house.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX by Techydude: 6:26am On Mar 13, 2019
AgreatMan:
Yen yen yen.

These idiots knew their plane has a fault which makes the plane to nosedive. They didn't inform the pilots n instruct them how to handle the issue. They didn't tell the public that the planes are flying coffin. But now that every airline has banned their carton, they want to update.

But why do I feel there is an impending crash on one of those Air Peace planes? That airline is a horror show.

Thank God your house is not larger than 1 plot of land. Probably less. I can assure you Airpeace won't be flying over it. Strange thing though, how do you expect any airline to operate efficiently when the entire Nigerian system is a mess. Planes are grounded for VIP movements, herdsmen use the tarmac as shortcut, A lot of our local airports do not have equipments to handle night flights, crazy customers who throw tantrums and beat up Airline staff at the slightest excuse. If Delta Airline operates domestic flights, believe me, you will spend hours at the airport sometimes. You can have efficiency in an inefficient system. These folks are making the most of a bad situation. Some of the delays are caused by the operators too but often times, the factors are beyond their control

They will delay your flight by 8 hours n your one hour flight is actually a special prayer session because they will ensure they properly traumatize u. And the end, you will just ask yourself, "why didn't I just take Ekene Motors?"

If I have the means, I will never allow that stupid airline fly over my house let alone board one.
Re: Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX by magzey: 6:30am On Mar 13, 2019
ULSHERLAN:
Update or not, if Airpeace takes delivery of these Boeing then they better be ready to only carry they families alone
O boy poverty na bastard grin
Re: Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX by amazingspiderma: 6:34am On Mar 13, 2019
I think already too late now for. Boeing. Allowing the same incident to happen again for a second time in less than 6 months.
why is someone not losing their job.

4 Likes

Re: Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX by ReeLoaDead(m): 6:34am On Mar 13, 2019
sexiestharam:
America is such an hypocritical nation. Is it not shocking that a country that will normally be the first to have grounded the plane model hasn't because it is an American product? Whether the model is updated or not, most countries will never use the model again because there is no guarantee that the software update will prevent another crash. America the hypocritical nation!
No 737-Max operating in the US has crashed and so why should they ground it? Their pilots are well trained ...

2 Likes

Re: Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX by bumzylongs: 6:40am On Mar 13, 2019
BOEING 737 MAX=FLYING COFFIN

1 Like

Re: Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX by Okeyc230: 6:50am On Mar 13, 2019
It can only get better though some will make a huge sacrifice to get others safe. It all started with the Wright Brothers.

1 Like

Re: Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX by iamjavadem(m): 6:52am On Mar 13, 2019
Yes I believe so, that is why they are updating the software to be more fool proof.
Hector09:
Everyone is blaiming the aircraft, it might be frm the pilots
Re: Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX by stanliwise(m): 6:53am On Mar 13, 2019
OkaNaUbe:
I hope it solves the issue.

As a rule, I don't rush to buy latest products. I want to see how it serves first buyers and until I get good reviews, I don't buy.

I remember when a friend bought the 2005 Toyota Camry (muscle) that had brake issues.
so if we go by your advice who will then buy the first one?
Re: Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX by stagger: 7:01am On Mar 13, 2019
AgreatMan:
Yen yen yen.

These idiots knew their plane has a fault which makes the plane to nosedive. They didn't inform the pilots n instruct them how to handle the issue. They didn't tell the public that the planes are flying coffin. But now that every airline has banned their carton, they want to update.

But why do I feel there is an impending crash on one of those Air Peace planes? That airline is a horror show.

They will delay your flight by 8 hours n your one hour flight is actually a special prayer session because they will ensure they properly traumatize u. And the end, you will just ask yourself, "why didn't I just take Ekene Motors?"

If I have the means, I will never allow that stupid airline fly over my house let alone board one.

Lies. I have flown them since 2015 without a single issue. State facts and no BS opinions.

2 Likes

Re: Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX by whirlwind7(m): 7:08am On Mar 13, 2019
Lexusgs430:
Software's by it's very nature, can always go wrong..... Why they altered the orientation of the aeroplanes engine placement, is truly terrifying and would be blamed for all crashes that ever occurs again .......

It puts a chill on frequent flyers minds...... Make man just ensure for each trip, travel insurance is always arranged..... At least if i die, i no die for nothing............. cheesy

Let's take it a step further.
Why fix something that was never broken?
Good that the bigger engine is more fuel efficient (by 14%) but if placing the engine means a potential safety hazard, why go ahead with it?

The real answer? Money!
This is the reason why auto makers roll out newer models that are shit compared with older models. Take the popular Camry for instance. The early to late 90s models have engines that are awesomely robust and simple.
But because the company has to make future sales, they will discontinue producing those older engines as well as their spare parts, so that in future, you'll have to discard them for newer models.
This is basically same thing Boeing did.
The new engine displaced the aircraft's center of gravity, and will cause the plane to stall. To counter this, a complex software which could cause a further malfunction was installed.
It did malfunction, and its complexity (and certainly obscurity-because it seem the pilots aren't even aware of it) has claimed hundreds of lives.

Anyone might defend the manufacturer. But think about this for a moment: would that same person be quick to defend them if his or her family had perished in those flights?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX by Titto(f): 7:16am On Mar 13, 2019
This plane was banned from flying in the UK airspace 1pm yesterday

bumzylongs:
This is the same plane American/European Airliners are using even after the disaster that happened to Ethiopian airlines on Sunday...these operators Neva grounded their plane"They said there is nothing wrong with Boeing 737 max, that d manufacturer itself represent safety". Even after the incident these airline operators in the united states and Europe are still making use of the plane. Am not an aviation expert but my take on this matter is that Boeing needs to issue out the plane's manual and train the pilots of these airlines/airliner who ordered for this planes coz the causes of this accident is associated with human error tracking it back to the same accident involving Lion air in October 2018 cox it really looks like the Boeing 737 max is sophisticated when compared to other models or planes such as Airbus or Russian/Soviet made planes(Tupolev & Ilyushin)

1 Like

Re: Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX by EazyMoh(m): 7:17am On Mar 13, 2019
Lexusgs430:
Software's by it's very nature, can always go wrong..... Why they altered the orientation of the aeroplanes engine placement, is truly terrifying and would be blamed for all crashes that ever occurs again .......

It puts a chill on frequent flyers minds...... Make man just ensure for each trip, travel insurance is always arranged..... At least if i die, i no die for nothing............. cheesy
Lol! Or you can decide not board this particular plane. One good thing about our old 737s that dominate Nigerian airspace is that they have received countless updates in both software and hardware, which makes them highly reliable.

1 Like

Re: Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX by whirlwind7(m): 7:24am On Mar 13, 2019
omega2128:
I saw YouTube video of 787 max 8. I was awestruck how versatile the plane is, it can fly almost vertical, swing from side to side like helicopter. Max 8 is new generation of commercial airplane, that's why demand for it is high. Pilots need to retrain because technology is becoming more complex

Quite so.
But then, there was nothing wrong with older 737 models that have proven themselves over the years.

Technology is complex because the aircraft manufacturer (and manufacturers in other fields) make them so.
This complexity shouldn't be at the risk to human lives.

4 Likes

Re: Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX by Rexnegro(m): 7:25am On Mar 13, 2019
Hector09:
study the crash video u will see the pilot is trying hard to balance the plane back to safety until gravity pulled the plane down. so sad humanity lost another set of people. Boeing better come up with a reasonable explanation or else they lose all the 371 models of 737 max 8... already 148 out of it has been banned .

2 Likes

Re: Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX by Sufisunni: 7:34am On Mar 13, 2019
omega2128:
I saw YouTube video of 787 max 8. I was awestruck how versatile the plane is, it can fly almost vertical, swing from side to side like helicopter. Max 8 is new generation of commercial airplane, that's why demand for it is high. Pilots need to retrain because technology is becoming more complex

2 Likes

Re: Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX by olioxx(m): 7:39am On Mar 13, 2019
Me as a tech guy, I am just wondering how much Boeing is going to pay that person/company that will help them update their software. All i see is $

3 Likes

Re: Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX by Sufisunni: 7:42am On Mar 13, 2019
bumzylongs:
This is the same plane American/European Airliners are using even after the disaster that happened to Ethiopian airlines on Sunday...these operators Neva grounded their plane"They said there is nothing wrong with Boeing 737 max, that d manufacturer itself represent safety". Even after the incident these airline operators in the united states and Europe are still making use of the plane. Am not an aviation expert but my take on this matter is that Boeing needs to issue out the plane's manual and train the pilots of these airlines/airliner who ordered for this planes coz the causes of this accident is associated with human error tracking it back to the same accident involving Lion air in October 2018 cox it really looks like the Boeing 737 max is sophisticated when compared to other models or planes such as Airbus or Russian/Soviet made planes(Tupolev & Ilyushin)
. The plane has been completely from Europe pace since yesterday. Also Australia, Indonesia, China(who has 1/4 of the new 737 max 8 in the world), Singapore, Brazil and lots more have all banned the plane.

1 Like

Re: Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX by announcement: 7:59am On Mar 13, 2019
Hector09:

Thank u. I believe if Boeing is really at fault on this trust the whites they would had dragged Boeing to court. If I read the write up from Boeing well, the software was to solve a problem based on d design of the aircraft which it actually does. Every pilot is supposed to train on all new model of inventions of aircraft before using did the pilots handling those 737 max train b4 using them? Or did the airline companies pay the million of dollars they are supposed to pay to train these pilots to learn to use this new version of aircraft?. Or they boycotted all these procedures? I really feel for the families of the lost ones.

1 Like

Re: Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX by upsonn(m): 8:01am On Mar 13, 2019
handsomeyinka:
I don’t trust this mother fuckers gambling with our lives...if I have my way,I will enter vanagon bus from Muritala Mohammed airport to newyork...Play kwam1 and pasuma all through the journey,stock up my vanagon with Hennessy and Nkwobi.

I 4 like your post for fact that you mentioned pasuma. I no go like am. Lolz.
Re: Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX by nymphomaniac(m): 8:17am On Mar 13, 2019
What a huge loss boeing will incur with the ban of these planes in most countries of the world. Nigeria will not follow suit and ban the plane oh. Years from now, one airliner will go and buy it and start using it to fly people from Benin to owerri.

No amount of money can equal the worth of a human life. New aircraft worth millions killing people like it's cows for suya
Re: Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX by AngelicBeing: 8:19am On Mar 13, 2019
Sufisunni:
. The plane has been completely from Europe pace since yesterday. Also Australia, Indonesia, China(who has 1/4 of the new 737 max 8 in the world), Singapore, Brazil and lots more have all banned the plane.
Great decisions from responsible and caring government, when will Nigeria government banned the kulikuli airplane sad

1 Like

Re: Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX by naptu2: 8:26am On Mar 13, 2019
nymphomaniac:
What a huge loss boeing will incur with the ban of these planes in most countries of the world. Nigeria will not follow suit and ban the plane oh. Years from now, one airliner will go and buy it and start using it to fly people from Benin to owerri.

No amount of money can equal the worth of a human life. New aircraft worth millions killing people like it's cows for suya

AngelicBeing:
Great decisions from responsible and caring government, when will Nigeria government banned the kulikuli airplane sad

No Boeing 737 Max 8 Is Flying In Nigeria Says NCAA.
https://www.nairaland.com/5074914/no-boeing-737-max-8

1 Like

Re: Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX by AngelicBeing: 8:28am On Mar 13, 2019
naptu2:

Ok, thanks wink

1 Like

Re: Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX by nymphomaniac(m): 8:34am On Mar 13, 2019
naptu2:

thank you naptu2
Why must technology continue to evolve. Why cant it stall a while let us enjoy the ones we are sure are ok. Just like new drugs, these new planes are using humans as labrats
Re: Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX by omega2128(m): 8:39am On Mar 13, 2019
whirlwind7:

Quite so.
But then, there was nothing wrong with older 737 models that have proven themselves over the years.

Technology is complex because the aircraft manufacturer (and manufacturers in other fields) make them so.
This complexity shouldn't be at the risk to human lives.
to make things easier, more useful - technology will be more advanced. its duty of human to update through training voluntarily or forced to do so, for the safety of human lives
older 737 models are advanced to models before them
Re: Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX by zuchyblink(m): 8:54am On Mar 13, 2019
You hardly here Russian made jets crashing

3 Likes

Re: Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX by Nobody: 9:04am On Mar 13, 2019
Hector09:
Is it that you don't read news or what
Re: Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX by Nobody: 9:07am On Mar 13, 2019
omega2128:
According to Trump, pilots can no longer fly these next gen plane, we now need scientist to fly plane.

2 Likes

Re: Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX by Nonidudu: 9:11am On Mar 13, 2019
I think they made the sacrifice required by the gods any update is to cover up story.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Private Firm, SecureID To Manage Abuja-Kaduna Rail E-Ticket For 10 Years / FRSC Does Not Seek Introduction Of Sharia Law. Recalls Yusuf Abdullahi / Has Anyone Traveled From London To Lagos With Air Morocco?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.