Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,454 members, 7,917,374 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 02:44 AM

Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire - Jobs/Vacancies (1751) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire (4895075 Views)

NNPC Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2024 / Did You Apply For Stanbic IBTC Experience Hire Position? / Graduate Trainee And Exp. Job Recruitment At Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1748) (1749) (1750) (1751) (1752) (1753) (1754) ... (1843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Biaso(m): 10:13am On May 25, 2020
They were also very quiet about the GT list before it was finally released. However, I agree that we should make deliberate efforts to put NNPC under pressure, let's move beyond just paying lip service to this thing. I am ready to do whatever it takes to ensure the EH component sees the light of day. Do we have anyone here who has strong ties to the media? we can also find ways of lobbying senators or reps to help raise it on the floor of the Senate. Guys, let's act please, let's move beyond Nairaland, we are EH, let's not keep shut while this NNPC mgt does what it wants. NNPC isn't their property, they owe us explanations.

Let's spring into action now, we should show them why we are EH, and how creative we are in solving problems. Isn't that one of the major criteria for recruiting EH? Please let's make suggestions that we can act on immediately, let's come together at least for once.

lipsrsealed
titigafar:
Hello Guys, this should be my first comment here since the beginning of this journey.

Reading NNPC posts in the media since the list of the GTs were released, one would know that the EH aspect of the recruitment is intentionally cut out from their press releases.

I will advise EHs should devise corrdinated approach to asking the NNPC update on the EH recruitment.

It's looking like the EH aspect of the recruitment have been cancelled and only pressure from media or National Assembly would rekindle the our hope.

11 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Aremolomi: 10:31am On May 25, 2020
What an intelligent submission.

Respect ✊

Biaso:
They were also very quiet about the GT list before it was finally released. However, I agree that we should make deliberate efforts to put NNPC under pressure, let's move beyond just paying lip service to this thing. I am ready to do whatever it takes to ensure the EH component sees the light of day. Do we have anyone here who has strong ties to the media? we can also find ways of lobbying senators or reps to help raise it on the floor of the Senate. Guys, let's act please, let's move beyond Nairaland, we are EH, let's not keep shut while this NNPC mgt does what it wants. NNPC isn't their property, they owe us explanations.

Let's spring into action now, we should show them why we are EH, and how creative we are in solving problems. Isn't that one of the major criteria for recruiting EH? Please let's make suggestions that we can act on immediately, let's come together at least for once.

lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Biaso(m): 10:58am On May 25, 2020
Thanks for the kind words bro, but what can you help us with? Media? Senate? Bloggers? Let's brainstorm. Let's take this beyond nairaland.

Aremolomi:
What an intelligent submission.

Respect ✊

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Reccoxxy: 12:15pm On May 25, 2020
The recent submissions from the Corporation have shown that they want to strategically kill the EH recruitment exercise and that was why Mr. Obateru used an ambiguous statement that they had closed the recruitment exercise for 2019/2020. It is only in Nigeria that a big Corporation like NNPC will not deem it fit to say something or close a recruitment exercise like this after risking people's life , punishing them emotionally and disrupting their plans. The unfortunate thing is that the EH slots would be given out to politicians or sold out. This is wickedness in the extreme! We need to do something on this through all channels.
Biaso:

lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by SenatorJChris: 12:27pm On May 25, 2020
Biaso:

lipsrsealed
My suggestion, do a publication in major newspapers. Though it is expensive, but it will definitely elicit the required response. Even buhari will get to know about it. The only disadvantage is that they could compile a list of phony names or politicians will cease the opportunity to substitute the original names with those of their cronies.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Reccoxxy: 12:36pm On May 25, 2020
We should all go to the twitter handle to say our minds and copy as many activists, bloggers and others to drive home this point. Enough of prayers now pastor hooha and co. Let's take action because without any action there won't be any reaction. We need to act now!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by talk2dace(m): 12:46pm On May 25, 2020
NNPC clears the air on recruitment criteria:

https://newsexpressngr.com/news/98769
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by titigafar(m): 12:55pm On May 25, 2020
If I would suggest, let us create a WhatsApp group and we plan the next course of action from there.

6 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by weoai(m): 1:07pm On May 25, 2020
@SenatorJChris,

Not solely obviously, but they have an input. That explains the composition of the panels at the interviews. Am sure you must have noticed the nature of the questions which were asked, rather more technical than run-of-the-mill as with previous recruitments.

A review of the vacant spots is on-going, after the report is submitted, then a case can be made for the validated vacancies to be filled by Experienced Hires if need be.

SenatorJChris:

As long as NNPC is run by the government, your assertion is far from reality. Unit heads cannot solely determine the staff needs of the cooperation.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by weoai(m): 1:10pm On May 25, 2020
I am un-opinionated about the matter. I only work with information received.

Like I have said in all my earlier posts, ask the sources to verify from their sources[i][/i]

Biaso:
Bro, is this submission based on some info you got, or is it your personal opinion based on the Covid 19 situation and crude oil prices?

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by weoai(m): 1:19pm On May 25, 2020
The only disadvantage is that they could compile a list of phony names or politicians will cease the opportunity to substitute the original names with those of their cronies

That is a very valid point. There was already pressure to bring in such names during the GT recruitment, and even greater pressure for EHs too.

SenatorJChris:

My suggestion, do a publication in major newspapers. Though it is expensive, but it will definitely elicit the required response. Even buhari will get to know about it. The only disadvantage is that they could compile a list of phony names or politicians will cease the opportunity to substitute the original names with those of their cronies.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by SenatorJChris: 1:32pm On May 25, 2020
weoai:
@SenatorJChris,

Not solely obviously, but they have an input. That explains the composition of the panels at the interviews. Am sure you must have noticed the nature of the questions which were asked, rather more technical than run-of-the-mill as with previous recruitments.

A review of the vacant spots is on-going, after the report is submitted, then a case can be made for the validated vacancies to be filled by Experienced Hires if need be.

Well, thanks for sharing the info you got. It is absolutely disgusting to hear that they are doing a review of available positions. If it is true, then we have a long way to go as a people.
They advertised for vacancies, and millions applied, went for test and interview. Many travelled thousands of miles and only God knows how many people died along the road from accidents. They even reimbursed transport fares, some people got as much as 2 or 3 times. They paid extra allowances to panel members who conducted the interview, and spent heavily on logistics as well. We are talking of billions of naira spent in respect to EH alone. So are you telling us they did all these without knowing the vacancies to be filled?
If that is the case, then that is unprofessional. But I wish you are wrong.

7 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by T4kbaba(m): 4:00pm On May 25, 2020
SenatorJChris:

Well, thanks for sharing the info you got. It is absolutely disgusting to hear that they are doing a review of available positions. If it is true, then we have a long way to go as a people.
They advertised for vacancies, and millions applied, went for test and interview. Many travelled thousands of miles and only God knows how many people died along the road from accidents. They even reimbursed transport fares, some people got as much as 2 or 3 times. They paid extra allowances to panel members who conducted the interview, and spent heavily on logistics as well. We are talking of billions of naira spent in respect to EH alone. So are you telling us they did all these without knowing the vacancies to be filled?
If that is the case, then that is unprofessional. But I wish you are wrong.
Apt!

3 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by chiboyo(m): 4:10pm On May 25, 2020
Some bit of information i heard today...

The recruitment is still very much alive, however the pressure from "powers that be" is so intense that NNPC top management decided to play the ostrich by pretending EH list no longer exists/required until the pressure cools off a bit.

the COVID & falling oil prices helped this excuse very well.
However, this is still subject to debate as it makes little sense to use this method as a strategy to deflect attention from the EH list as one cannot really define when the pressure would subside..

Anyway, suggestions on how some bit of pressure can be applied is ok.

4 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by aaa1234(m): 4:26pm On May 25, 2020
We should all note that the demand for audit of the recruitment was caused by the contract staff lay off and will be resolved the Nigerian way "with slots".

This means that there will still be recruitment activity.

We should all just pray hard that the merit window that favoured the GT will remain open.

Also, the style of this management is to wait until the water has calmed down (like in the court case), then strike quickly.

So just pray

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by yungmin: 5:10pm On May 25, 2020
Biaso:

lipsrsealed

We can lobby media but not National assembly pls!! It would not be in our interest if the National assembly gets involved except may be some of you are close to some senators and rep members.

7 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by titigafar(m): 5:33pm On May 25, 2020
Let's organise ourselves in a WhatsApp group and from there, we can take decision on what we want to do.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Fremanb4(m): 6:11pm On May 25, 2020
Just came accross a post by Jarus in July 2019 where he specifically mentioned the number that will be issued APL, could he be right all along?

https://www.nairaland.com/5075837/apply-2019-nnpc-graduate-trainee/399#80401359
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by 82ndPerspective(m): 6:18pm On May 25, 2020
titigafar:
Let's organise ourselves in a WhatsApp group and from there, we can take decision on what we want to do.

It certainly wont hurt to have a seemless deliberation on how to go about this on whatsapp.

Someone should create the group and post the link.

Meanwhile, everyone should try to lend a voice to the ongoing campaign on the NNPC twitter handle. It is being noticed.

I have seen the difference between our submissions and those of the GTs back then, shows a lot of maturity. Thumbs Up.

6 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by CircleOfWilis: 6:23pm On May 25, 2020
82ndPerspective:

It certainly wont hurt to have a seemless deliberation on how to go about this on whatsapp.

Someone should create the group and post the link.

Meanwhile, everyone should try to lend a voice to the ongoing campaign on the NNPC twitter handle. It is being noticed.

I have seen the difference between our submissions and those of the GTs back then, shows a lot of maturity. Thumbs Up.
who maturity hep? cheesy when I dey stuck for this my current job?

4 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by CircleOfWilis: 6:26pm On May 25, 2020
no hope guys...forget and forgive..

count down to next recruitment exercise

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Heavensboy: 8:35pm On May 25, 2020
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by successful100: 12:28am On May 26, 2020
its about time everyone moves to Twitter to ask them about the EH Cadre...I just did that. we should all move to Twitter and keep asking about it.....we need close out. Everyone should move to Twitter and post their questions about the EH. we need them to give update on Our recruitment on EH. everyone to Twitter please

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by DivineKayy(m): 8:12am On May 26, 2020
CSNN:
Please is there still hope for Gts? Not everyone who got called will resume. Some have moved onto greener pastures in and out of the country especially considering how long it took them to respond.

Some of us believe that we performed very well at the interview even with additional certifications so we’re confused.

Does nnpc pick from their bank of successful candidates when they need them? Most companies do this instead of redoing the whole recruitment process.
They would rather give those slots to top people's connects. #MoveOnAlready

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Reccoxxy: 8:36am On May 26, 2020
For every action there will be a reaction. Let everybody for EH recruitment all go to the NNPC handle on twitter to demand for closure. This is the way to go first before other options. I did mine yesterday.
successful100:
its about time everyone moves to Twitter to ask them about the EH Cadre...I just did that. we should all move to Twitter and keep asking about it.....we need close out. Everyone should move to Twitter and post their questions about the EH. we need them to give update on Our recruitment on EH. everyone to Twitter please

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by AustinYeks: 9:13am On May 26, 2020
Pls where is the WhatsApp group link...we need to organise together as a front
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by yungmin: 9:50am On May 26, 2020
Reccoxxy:
For every action there will be a reaction. Let everybody for EH recruitment all go to the NNPC handle on twitter to demand for closure. This is the way to go first before other options. I did mine yesterday.

Guys, try to understand our peculiar situation as EH. A lot of us have jobs we are doing and wouldn't risk it fighting for the one we are not even sure of yet. Our employers, colleagues and bosses are also on these social media platforms. I for one, my employer works closely with NNPC. I cannot dare to stick out my neck openly hustling for NNPC job. Na coded things we still dey do until it materializes.

However, like someone mentioned before, the deliberate silence by NNPC may be strategic and possibly for the good of the recruitment exercise and for us in general. I would just say we should give them the benefit of doubt. We cannot behave like the GTs in the way they troll NNPC on social media for obvious reasons. Basically, I'm saying that we shouldn't act in a way that would endanger our jobs just in the quest of chasing another one which we aren't sure of yet. Good morning

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by DarkShades: 1:43pm On May 26, 2020
yungmin:

Guys, try to understand our peculiar situation as EH. A lot of us have jobs we are doing and wouldn't risk it fighting for the one we are not even sure of yet. Our employers, colleagues and bosses are also on these social media platforms. I for one, my employer works closely with NNPC. I cannot dare to stick out my neck openly hustling for NNPC job. Na coded things we still dey do until it materializes.

However, like someone mentioned before, the deliberate silence by NNPC may be strategic and possibly for the good of the recruitment exercise and for us in general. I would just say we should give them the benefit of doubt. We cannot behave like the GTs in the way they troll NNPC on social media for obvious reasons. Basically, I'm saying that we shouldn't act in a way that would endanger our jobs just in the quest of chasing another one which we aren't sure of yet. Good morning

This is spot on. Twitter is not an anonymous forum.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by ORACULUM(m): 2:22pm On May 26, 2020
Reccoxxy:
Same here ...we should demand for closure from the cooperation. I have done so and will keep doing . It's time to act and ask questions.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by PREFED: 3:56pm On May 26, 2020
I think while EH storming NNPC handle on Twitter to ask questions is a good idea, but all these while they have never responded to any question there. So its a good idea to think outside the box in getting there reaction.

Let's form a Whasapp group to foster more ideas.

Also if you noticed, NNPC recently responded to a publication from a Niger Delta group who question their Northern lopsided appointment.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by PREFED: 4:02pm On May 26, 2020
It's even possible to get people to go to the Towers in Abuja to get valid response in the name of EH. A group of like forty persons. They may not all be EH hopeful but some contracted to.

Those saying its Covid19 and low Oil price that is delaying EH appointed should rethink.

We just need to act.

Twitter is not enough.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1748) (1749) (1750) (1751) (1752) (1753) (1754) ... (1843) (Reply)

Monthly Net Salary Of Federal Government Ministries,departaments, Agencies And P

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.