Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,371 members, 7,888,211 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 09:43 PM

Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire - Jobs/Vacancies (779) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire (4872746 Views)

Did You Apply For Stanbic IBTC Experience Hire Position? / 1,000 NNPC Graduate Trainees Begin Work On Monday / Graduate Trainee And Exp. Job Recruitment At Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (776) (777) (778) (779) (780) (781) (782) ... (1843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by mathology5431(m): 10:35pm On Aug 19, 2019
Enrypech:

Where does Industrial Chemistry fall, texhnical too?
779! grin
Industrial chemistry falls under errrmmm texhnical but not technical........don't quote me, am just trying to help!
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 10:36pm On Aug 19, 2019
Dbowline:

That's why we have other sections, like even comedy or Romance or sex sections. You can have fun, cool off or even dance to the song from Naira Marley. But in here, Stay on course. Making unnecessary jokes over a recruitment some people come here to get information is not what I would term common sense. Even common sense is maturity.

Nobody is trying to be perfect, just learn.

Anybody that cracks jokes, make sure you seize their phones
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by mathology5431(m): 10:39pm On Aug 19, 2019
larride:

You do not set the rules of engagement on this thread.

This place is not NNPC official handle or website. Everything being shared here is third party information which is open to a lot of distortion.

Lastly, common sense should tell you this is not your church WhatsApp group or your work place WhatsApp group where everyone fake “maturity”. Silence doesn’t equate maturity neither do cracking jokes makes you less matured.

If you don’t like what a Nairalander post, the best thing to do is ignore n move on.That’s what matured people do, they don’t start whining like a lady on her period.
That last night though! Alluf u way dey always whine for this group....we are waiting for you on the judgement day!
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Jarus(m): 10:40pm On Aug 19, 2019
Enrypech:

Arguable. Industrial chemistry is technical to refinery (midstream), for example, non-technical to downstream and semi-technical to exploration and production (upstream).

All engineering courses and fields like geology, geophysics are undisputably technical to oil and gas industry.

Courses like Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry are also technical, but less so. I will say they are in-between.

Economics, Accounting, IT (except may be Computer Engineering), environmental courses, Law are all support functions. But interestingly, a typical upstream or downstream oil company may need more accountants than chemists. Finance department is usually one of the biggest non-technical departments. A 100-staff company may have up to 15 accountants.

Strictly my view based on experience and observations, not a textbook classification.

17 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 10:41pm On Aug 19, 2019
larride:

You do not set the rules of engagement on this thread.

This place is not NNPC official handle or website. Everything being shared here is third party information which is open to a lot of distortion.

Lastly, common sense should tell you this is not your church WhatsApp group or your work place WhatsApp group where everyone fake “maturity”. Silence doesn’t equate maturity neither do cracking jokes makes you less matured.

If you don’t like what a Nairalander post, the best thing to do is ignore n move on.That’s what matured people do, they don’t start whining like a lady on her period.

Some fellas can be really annoying with this their maturity yenyenyen talks

Maturity didn't tell them to scroll pass...
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 10:43pm On Aug 19, 2019
mathology5431:

Art/humanities self na Semi-Techinical........dey don carry Technical Theory enter grin grin wetin man no go see, in pursuit of dream job!

Make list just come out make local man know him fate abeg... Local man cannot come and go and drink sniper

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Enrypech: 10:45pm On Aug 19, 2019
Jarus:

Arguable. Industrial chemistry is technical to refinery (midstream), for example, non-technical to downstream and semi-technical exploration and production (upstream).

All engineering courses and fields like geology, geophysics are undisputably technical to oil and gas industry.

Courses like Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry are also technical, but less so. I will say they are in-between.

Economics, Accounting, IT (except may be Computer Engineering), environmental courses, Law are all support functions. But interestingly, a typical upstream or downstream oil company may need more accountants than chemists. Finance department is usually one of the biggest non-technical departments. A 100-staff company may have up to 15 accountants.

Strictly my view based on experience and observations, not a textbook classification.

Wow. Thanks for the elaborate explanation
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 10:46pm On Aug 19, 2019
Enrypech:

Support (non technical).
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Enrypech: 10:48pm On Aug 19, 2019
mathology5431:

779! grin
Industrial chemistry falls under errrmmm texhnical but not technical........don't quote me, am just trying to help!

grin grin grin U eh!

Make I catch you for towers first
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Clintsoch: 10:50pm On Aug 19, 2019
Who's thinking if Industrial Chemistry and Industrial Physics falls into technical... Go and check the courses under STEM graduates, there's nothing like semi-technical, you're either technical or support... Please Industrial Chemist @Enrypech be confident in yourself don't let someone's guess throw you off balance...
A chemical engineer will not occupy the lab@BenFlash... It's a large company/corporation and specialization is the order here, not a jack of all trade firm, roles are well defined.

4 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by BenFlash: 10:59pm On Aug 19, 2019
Enrypech:

Wow. Thanks for the elaborate explanation

In addition to Jarus' comment, the use of the term "in-between" for courses like Maths or chemistry is because they don't accommodate any form of vocational training (e.g. construction)

A chemical engineer for instance must have knowledge beyond just the chemical analysis of materials to include how a plant should be built to convert the raw materials to finished product under S.T.P.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by jaiye4love: 10:59pm On Aug 19, 2019
Please may I know where crude oil sales/Marketing falls, either technical,semi technical or non technical?
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by BenFlash: 11:00pm On Aug 19, 2019
jaiye4love:
Please may I know where crude oil sales/Marketing falls, either technical,semi technical or non technical?

Non-...
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by larride(m): 11:01pm On Aug 19, 2019
ChasteGhuy:

Some fellas can be really annoying with this their maturity yenyenyen talks

Maturity didn't tell them to scroll pass...

Normally I should have kept quiet. Na that guy apology vex me. grin

Apologies for cracking an harmless joke. Haba
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Enrypech: 11:14pm On Aug 19, 2019
Sempumping:

Support (non technical).

Btw, it is not an assumption

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Enrypech: 11:17pm On Aug 19, 2019
Clintsoch:
Who's thinking if Industrial Chemistry and Industrial Physics falls into technical... Go and check the courses under STEM graduates, there's nothing like semi-technical, you're either technical or support... Please Industrial Chemist @Enrypech be confident in yourself don't let someone's guess throw you off balance...
A chemical engineer will not occupy the lab@BenFlash... It's a large company/corporation and specialization is the order here, not a jack of all trade firm, roles are well defined.

Thank you. They are already making local man think he studied social science grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by BenFlash: 11:23pm On Aug 19, 2019
Enrypech:

It is termed technical quite alright but at the same time, technical has 'levels' based on whether the course curriculum involves some vocational trainings. The test tubes or distillation columns etc. being utilised by a chemist to work must first be designed and constructed by a chemical engineer
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by onoxx(m): 11:24pm On Aug 19, 2019
Ok..that was ko[color=#990000][/color][qauote author=Enrypech post=81414625]

Eweleeee!!! This K. O

Brother where is your chill na?
In short. Local man is not doing again[/quote]
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Clintsoch: 11:24pm On Aug 19, 2019
Just to clear the air, atleast Xfire participated not too long ago.
xfire:

Lol.. Geoscientists were part of the training oo.

Maybe I need to clarify a bit more:

ONLY graduates of engineering, physical sciences (e.g. maths, physics, chemistry, etc) and geology underwent the training.

Graduates of biological sciences and non-science related courses were not part of the training.

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Clintsoch: 11:26pm On Aug 19, 2019
Over superiority complex is worrying you
BenFlash:

It is termed technical quite alright but at the same time, technical has 'levels' based on whether the course curriculum involves some vocational trainings. The test tubes or distillation columns etc. being utilised by a chemist to work must first be designed and constructed by a chemical engineer
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Clintsoch: 11:27pm On Aug 19, 2019
Keep your head high up fellow Chemist grin
Enrypech:

Thank you. They are already making local man think he studied social science grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Enrypech: 11:28pm On Aug 19, 2019
BenFlash:

What's been used to construct the test-tubes ?

Oh wait!. You didn't know an industrial chemist also designs processes??
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by onoxx(m): 11:29pm On Aug 19, 2019
That's true but in here we are all on the same boat..no 1 knows who would be taken
Jarus:

Arguaable. Industrial chemistry is technical to refinery (midstream), for example, non-technical to downstream and semi-technical to exploration and production (upstream).

Y

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by BenFlash: 11:30pm On Aug 19, 2019
Clintsoch:
[b]A chemical engineer will not occupy the lab@BenFlash... [/b]It's a large company/corporation and specialization is the order here, not a jack of all trade firm, roles are well defined.

@bolded, no one said a chemical engineer will occupy a lab. I am sure I mentioned somewhere that Chemistry is strictly analytical. Please don't drive the topic to a different direction bothering on confidence, both courses have their role to play just like a doctor and a nurse do in the hospital. My point is that every chemical engineer must have a background knowledge of chemistry plus more. That is a fact!
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Clintsoch: 11:35pm On Aug 19, 2019
You're the one that gave your own technical "levels" All in all an Engineer may not get APL and some one that studied History will get...

Let's all focus on the goal @APL

5 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by BenFlash: 11:38pm On Aug 19, 2019
Enrypech:

What's been used to construct the test-tubes ?

Oh wait!. You didn't know an industrial chemist also designs processes??

Its like you have not been reading my comments. This is your ego speaking. There is a reason why it is called engineering, you may design the process but the engineer converts the design to an actual plant with complete automation where necessary.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 11:39pm On Aug 19, 2019
Please i am out of this thread, dimension have changed before you guys will dampen my faith.. When I get info tomorrow hopefully I will share.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by BenFlash: 11:43pm On Aug 19, 2019
Clintsoch:
You're the one that gave your own technical "levels" All in all an Engineer may not get APL and some one that studied History will get...

Let's all focus on the goal @APL

Please go back to the question. He didn't ask "between technical or non technical courses, which one will get APL?" So don't allow your insecurities to derail the thread. Some technical courses require vocational hands-on experience like actual construction, others don't, hence the categorisation. Deal with it.

FYI: I am not a chemical engineer
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Enrypech: 11:46pm On Aug 19, 2019
BenFlash:

Its like you have not been reading my comments. This is your ego speaking. There is a reason why it is called engineering, you may design the process but the engineer converts the design to an actual plant with complete automation where necessary.

Won't you prove your point without disturbing my ego ?

What's your take by the way. Chemistry is technical or not?

And don't tell me that Chemistry is strictly analytical else I will tell you that Engineering is strictly mechanical or strictly civil or strictly electrical or strictly ......(complete the rest)
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by BenFlash: 11:49pm On Aug 19, 2019
Enrypech:

Won't you prove your point without letting my ego be?

What's your take by the way. Chemistry is technical or not?

And don't tell me that Chemistry is strictly analytical else I will tell you that Engineering is strictly mechanical or strictly civil or strictly electrical or strictly ......(complete the rest)

Lol, local man cannot can anymore. Chemistry is chemistry. Over n out!
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Clintsoch: 11:49pm On Aug 19, 2019
Ok that's fine, but Xfire who happened to be among the trainees in the last recruitment listed Physics and Chemistry, may be this year you may want to suggest to them courses to choose from...
BenFlash:

Please go back to the question. He didn't ask between technical or non technical courses, which one will get APL? So don't allow your insecurities to derail the thread. Some technical courses require vocational hands-on experience like actual construction, others don't, hence the categorisation. Deal with it.

FYI: I am not a chemical engineer
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Enrypech: 11:52pm On Aug 19, 2019
BenFlash:

Lol, local man cannot can anymore. Chemistry is chemistry. Over n out!

grin grin grin
Thank you. Sleep tight

(1) (2) (3) ... (776) (777) (778) (779) (780) (781) (782) ... (1843) (Reply)

Monthly Net Salary Of Federal Government Ministries,departaments, Agencies And P

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.