Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,608 members, 7,944,804 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 04:33 AM

My Alter -ego - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Alter -ego (368 Views)

New Release: The Alter / To Utter Is To Alter / Alter Ego (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Alter -ego by olagold8888(m): 7:24am On Mar 13, 2019
*MY ALTER -EGO*

*WRITER : OLATUNJi ABISINUOLA STELLA*

At Seven, my stepfather and my stepbrother began to harass me sexually. I lost my mother at age five and ever since then. I lived with my stepfather and his two sons.

Mr Jacobs was a very kind- hearted man but ill -mannered. I was sent to one of the best schools in our estate and I was treated like a princess that no one knew him to be my stepfather but biological father.

Two days after I clocked seven, my room door was gently opened by the man I called "Father" I noticed father's hands caressing my private parts. Even though I was so naive and young to understand what transpired between us that night. The rest of what happened that night is not something to write about. Father came to my room often and had my carnal knowledge everytime he came.

Few years later, I gained admission to one of the best secondary schools in the state. On a certain morning, we were all assembled to the school hall. Our principal had invited a motivational speaker to lecture us on the topic "SEX"

This motivational speaker made me realised that my stepfather was abusing me sexually and I began to shed hot tears because the one I called "Father" defiled me.

I got home that very day and locked myself up in my room for several hours but I refused to let father knew I had began to understand situations and I still acted very normal at home.

Six days after the motivational speaker lectured us, my eldest stepbrother banged inside my room and I became shy because I was naked. Daniel came closer to me and began to foddle my breasts. I gave him a hot slap and the next thing I knew was that my stepbrother pushed me hard and I fell on the bed. He jumped on me, struggled real hard with me and he eventually overpowered me and also had my carnal knowledge.

These situations at home happened for years and the only person I could confide in is my Alter - Ego. I gained admission into a tertiary institution. Due to my experiences in the hands of the ones I called "Father" and "Brother" I hate all men around me passionately.

In my second year at the University, there was this young lecturer in my department who loved me but I never gave him attention because I believed so much in the saying that "All men are same" Ramson will always call, text and shower me with gifts through my friends but I always declined the gifts. On a fateful day, I called him on phone and told him to stop calling and disturbing me. I told him I was going to spoil his reputation in school. That was the last straw that broke the Camel's back. Ever since then, he stopped calling me and he always avoids me in the department till date.

During my third year, the one I called "Father" had a ghastly car accident that claimed his life. It was a sweetbitter experience. Sweet in the sense that I was glad the one who abuses me sexually at a very tender age is dead but bitter in the sense that the one who gave me "Life" is gone. When I lost my mother at a very tender age, he had clothed,sheltered, fed and educated me.

Mr Jacobs was buried after few days. You know what ? He left me a fortune. He left me one of his houses and a whooping sum of ten million naira.

Can ten million naira buy me back my PRIDE ? Can ten million naira erase the ugly past ? Can ten million naira bring me back MY LOST DIGNITY ? Can ten million naira bring me back my SELF ESTEEM ?

*To every girl, lady and woman out there that are sexually abused and are still been abuse. You are the real fighter. I pray God gives you the help you need. Amen.*

*Dedicated to all girls, ladies and women out there that are been abuse in one way or the other.*

*WRITER : OLATUNJi ABISINUOLA STELLA*

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

10 Reasons You Should Write A Book / My Testimony / The Tadpole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.