Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,606 members, 7,937,730 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 11:09 AM

How To Handle A Troublesome Child - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Handle A Troublesome Child (340 Views)

See How A Father Danced At His Troublesome Daughter's Wedding / I Mistakenly Impregnated My Troublesome Baby Mama / How I Sent My Troublesome First Wife Packing Peacefully (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Handle A Troublesome Child by sunsas(m): 9:53am On Mar 13, 2019
No one wants to ever have a problem child but sometimes, life happens even to the best of us.

Dealing with a problem child takes a great deal of patience and courage and ‘problem child’, I don’t mean a child bursting with the normal youthful exuberance. I am referring to those kids that seem to be on a mission to give their mothers high blood pressure.

The first step to tackling this problem is not indulging in a blame game. Of course, it is important that you try to trace the root of the problem, but do that only with the aim of solving. Don’t feel like you have failed as a parent. While there is a chance that you didn’t nip the problem in the bud, you shouldn’t wallow in self-pity. Look for tangible solutions.
Secondly, isolate the child. This is to help the child cut off from external influences that may be leading him or her astray. If your kid is still a teenager then you probably still have some control over his or her movements. Give the kid a curfew with grave consequences if violated. The consequences may involve the withdrawal of certain privileges that the child esteems.
Read more here:https://talkyourown.com/how-to-handle-a-troublesome-child/

(1) (Reply)

Distress Sales! Plots Of Land / Happy Mother’s Day To All Mothers On Nairaland / 15 Stupid Things..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.