Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,948 members, 7,949,259 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 12:23 AM

my extended family members expects too much from me - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / my extended family members expects too much from me (493 Views)

Help, I'm Not Emotionally Attached To My Mother, Siblings And Extended Family / Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? / Funny Accusation From Extended Family Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

my extended family members expects too much from me by wwwkaycom(m): 10:35pm On Mar 14, 2019
I struggled through school. It was tough in those days. Thank God I got a job with the FG two years after graduation. I'm on level 12 now with a monthly pay of less than 140k. Married to a teacher on about 70k with 2 kids. With an aged mother and siblings to care for. I have assisted 3 of my siblings out of the university, 2 are already working while 1 is still on my neck even after NYSC. The major issue now is that my extended family members are expecting too much from me, they'll send their children and some of them will always make demand directly. I try as much as possible to give my widows mite but many of them are nor satisfied with the gesture. They always believe I can do more. On my wife's advise, I tried to explain things to some of them but they aren't really yielding to voice of reason. One recently said her I should help her daughter to secure a job as if I'm the chief executive of my organization. She told whoever cared to listen that I helped my mother's son but refused to help her daughter meanwhile my brother got his job through the president of an ALUMNI association I belong to.
These people are too much on my neck, please, I need help on how to handle them.
Re: my extended family members expects too much from me by Oyindidi(f): 10:38pm On Mar 14, 2019
This kind family members tire me
Re: my extended family members expects too much from me by yvelchstores(f): 10:47pm On Mar 14, 2019
I have a question for u, why do u care? I also have the answer, because you care too much of what people think of you.
When u are fed up, take the keys in your hands and break yourself free.

2 Likes

Re: my extended family members expects too much from me by Omoluabi16(m): 12:08am On Mar 15, 2019
You have money to throw away that's why. You children are growing up, and that'll mean more expenses. Your so called extended family you're bleeding to help will be the first to call you names if things go south for you. Your wife and you children are your world now. Be wise.
Re: my extended family members expects too much from me by Rosarie(f): 2:54am On Mar 15, 2019
Help the way you can
Invest your money.so u will TRULY not have much in ur account to give out....
Buy properties
Set targets u want to achieve
Save ookk
Rain will fall
Those people will still be in it neck even when rain is falling
The Bible say a good father leaves inheritance for the kids.
Don't give ur kids any reason to question their fatherhood!

2 Likes

Re: my extended family members expects too much from me by bjjose: 7:24am On Mar 15, 2019
You are only responsible for your immediate families, your wife kids and mum. Tell your broda to look for work nothing is too big or small. As for your extended family cut them you need to save for the future

(1) (Reply)

6 Attributes Of A Godly Father / Thanks to you all / The 350k Monthly Income Secret No One Wants You To Have

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.