Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,047 members, 7,970,243 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 01:06 AM

Dominion Anosike: 'They Are After My Life' - Bauchi INEC Returning Officer Cries - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dominion Anosike: 'They Are After My Life' - Bauchi INEC Returning Officer Cries (31931 Views)

I Was Threatened To Manipulate Results – Abia INEC Returning Officer Oti (Video) / INEC Apologises Over Drunk Returning Officer / Election Rigging In Kano Busted! Returning Officer Exposes Irregularities, Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dominion Anosike: 'They Are After My Life' - Bauchi INEC Returning Officer Cries by Alwaystruth: 8:58am On Mar 15, 2019
Democracy,free,fair and credible elections died in Nigeria the day Jega pronounced pmb and apc as winners of the 2015 election. Worst still, the apc employed their stooge as helmsman of inconclusive national electoral commission. PDP should boycott all these shambolic re-runs because nothing good will come out of it. The results are predetermined already. There was a country indeed!!!..
Re: Dominion Anosike: 'They Are After My Life' - Bauchi INEC Returning Officer Cries by Nobody: 9:00am On Mar 15, 2019
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Dominion Anosike: 'They Are After My Life' - Bauchi INEC Returning Officer Cries by Quality20(m): 9:02am On Mar 15, 2019
if not hackers and saboteurs we shd b online voting without human intervention
Re: Dominion Anosike: 'They Are After My Life' - Bauchi INEC Returning Officer Cries by Taribo1973: 9:02am On Mar 15, 2019
In as much as the results were collated at the poling , ward and LG and all the stake holders agreed to it then the result stands and should be declared and accepted.

1 Like

Re: Dominion Anosike: 'They Are After My Life' - Bauchi INEC Returning Officer Cries by Gboy101: 9:07am On Mar 15, 2019
this is one of the reasons and evidence that the presidential election was rigged and not free and fair.
Re: Dominion Anosike: 'They Are After My Life' - Bauchi INEC Returning Officer Cries by Zikbets6: 9:14am On Mar 15, 2019
Won!! Won!! Won!!

Re: Dominion Anosike: 'They Are After My Life' - Bauchi INEC Returning Officer Cries by Nobody: 9:21am On Mar 15, 2019
Anyway the truth of the matter is nigerians are very stupid. What nigerians like is to take their oil money and go and build another country like south africa or ghana. Just look at ghana it now the fastest developing country in africa and ghana has overtaken india in development. We nigerian people are the most stupidest people in the world. Stupidity is our nature. All are wealth is being used to build other countries and other african countries why will one know in extreme poverty. We nigerians will kill all industries two other african countries then five years later we send our children to those countries to do prostitution and crime

Re: Dominion Anosike: 'They Are After My Life' - Bauchi INEC Returning Officer Cries by Nobody: 9:30am On Mar 15, 2019
She should be stone to dead. No place for corrupt minded in the north
Re: Dominion Anosike: 'They Are After My Life' - Bauchi INEC Returning Officer Cries by Cantonese: 9:32am On Mar 15, 2019
Nkemakonam62:
Mrs. Dominion Anosike, the returning officer for Tafawa Balewa Local Government Area of Bauchi State, in the gubernatorial election, has written to Prof. Mahmood Yakubu, the Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), requesting to appear before the electoral body at its headquarters in Abuja.

She was expected to appear before a committee set up by INEC to investigate controversies over the cancellation of the results of the governorship election in Tafawa Balewa Local Government Area of Bauchi State.

But Mrs. Anosike has requested to present her case in Abuja rather than in Bauchi on account of threats to her life.

The letter, dated March 13, 2019, was addressed to the National Chairman of INEC and was received in his office on March 14, 2019.

In the letter, she stated: “I superintended over the above election in Tafawa Balewa LGA as the returning officer and I believe that there will be need for your committee to find out from me what transpired at the collation centre that led to the cancellation of the result by the resident electoral commissioner for Bauchi State.

“The purpose of this letter to your good offices is to indicate my desire to appear before the team in another location, preferably Abuja – as doing that in Bauchi State would constitute a threat to my life, as I have already been threatened with instant death, should I be found anywhere in or near Bauchi State.”

It would be recalled that the returning officer for Bauchi State governorship election, Prof. Mohammed Kyari, had cancelled the election of Tafawa Balewa LGA on Sunday evening, citing the failure of Mrs. Anosike to use the prescribed form to enter the result of the elections collated across the local government areas.

This was despite the explanation given by her to the commission that the result sheets for the governorship election were carted away by thugs who invaded the collation centre in Zwall, Tafawa Balewa LGA, in the early hours of Sunday.

She had also notified the commission via an explanatory memorandum signed by all stakeholders in the election at the collation centre who unanimously agreed to collate and record the result on another form, and addressed same to the resident electoral commissioner and the state returning officer, which was submitted in Bauchi on Sunday.

However, the state returning officer, Prof. Mohammed Kyari, rejected the explanation and unilaterally declared that there was no result for Tafawa Balewa LGA and cancelled the election of the entire local government area even though there was no incident of cancellation, violence, or electoral malpractice at both the polling unit and ward levels as reported by the returning officer.

The PDP candidate, Sen. Bala Mohammed, was in the lead after results of 19 LGAs were collated, with the incumbent governor, Mohammed Abdullahi Abubakar of the APC, trailing behind with a margin of over 4000 votes.

In the contentious Tafawa Balewa LGA, the PDP had scored 40,000 votes against the APC’s 29,000, putting the PDP ahead with about 15,000 votes.

It would be recalled that when a similar incident occurred during the presidential election on February 23 in Katagum Local Government Area of Bauchi State, when the collation officer discovered that the result sheet for the presidential election was missing, all party agents and electoral officers unanimously agreed to record the result on another form which was accepted by the commission and collated as part of the result from Bauchi State.

Similarly, following an attack and destruction of result sheets at Nasarawa LGA collation centre by thugs, the resident electoral commissioner of the state decided that since elections held and result were declared at various polling units and wards, the results could not be cancelled and adopted regenerated results from the wards and polling units.

https://www.akelicious.net/2019/03/gubernatorial-election-theyre-after-my.html

Corruption, corruption, corruption and intergrity. Now can we clearly see that the war was all along built on lies and deceit. The leader climed on lies and deceit and trickishly tells us he is fighting corruption. All na lieeeee.
Re: Dominion Anosike: 'They Are After My Life' - Bauchi INEC Returning Officer Cries by adanny01(m): 9:34am On Mar 15, 2019
destinie2019:

The buck stops at the desk of the leader. I am not aware is not an excuse

If your son becomes an armed robber kidnapper or any of the sort, "the buck stops at the desk of the father by implication of what you are saying. The father should be arrested, abi.

Are you aware the lowest leader during an election the polling officer's result sheet cannot be changed even by the INEC chairman himself. Anything the PO writes its his own responsibility. Once the PO submits to the collation officer of the ward, the ward collation officer cannot correct but can cancel based on irregularities in the resented results. The same responsibility goes to the final state returning officer who is responsible for his actions. No one, i repeat, no one is responsible for the action of another person.

Buhari got reelected because he is not responsible for Ganduje, Kemi Adeosun, Babachir or the likes. He is only partly responsible to bringing them to book. The buck stops at the EFCC or ICPC and the courts. Infact, the case officers are directly responsible for bringing them to book.

It is not fair to pass directly such responsibility of actions from one person to another.

1 Like

Re: Dominion Anosike: 'They Are After My Life' - Bauchi INEC Returning Officer Cries by slivertongue: 9:38am On Mar 15, 2019
inec is acting a script
Re: Dominion Anosike: 'They Are After My Life' - Bauchi INEC Returning Officer Cries by Nobody: 9:38am On Mar 15, 2019
adanny01:

How is Yakubu, INEC or Buhari responsible for this. The state returning officer did the cancelling, why would Yakubu or any other be blamed for another man's action.
You're brain.less if you don't that power from Abuja was behind the cancellation.
Re: Dominion Anosike: 'They Are After My Life' - Bauchi INEC Returning Officer Cries by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 9:49am On Mar 15, 2019
This woman's live deserves to be protected against desperate politicians and their thugs. I hope INEC does the right thing.

Do You Desire A Very Good Property (Landed property or to buy a house.apartment) for acquisition or as a form of Investment That Guarantee High Return? Check our signature below on how to get on PROMO affordable titled lands & properties in good location with Rest of mind. There are good properties in choice locations that boast of a huge return on investment.

You may want to partake in the available promos. Visit our Ikeja Office @ 3/9 Olu Koleosho Street (Off Medical Road) or OUR ISLAND OFFICE @Kilometer 38, LEKKI-EPE EXPRESSWAY By Mayfair (AWOYAYA).

Click the WhatsApp link to reach out to us. Or if you want to know how you can be a part of the business part of Real Estate/Property Business... Join this link together erasing every space and click to chat us ht tp s: / / bit. ly/2ASCSgC

Re: Dominion Anosike: 'They Are After My Life' - Bauchi INEC Returning Officer Cries by GuntersChain(m): 10:05am On Mar 15, 2019
that rec officer needs to be probed first her name dominion, with her age and status am sure her parents didn't give her such name.
Re: Dominion Anosike: 'They Are After My Life' - Bauchi INEC Returning Officer Cries by id911(m): 10:06am On Mar 15, 2019
adanny01:

How is Yakubu, INEC or Buhari responsible for this. The state returning officer did the cancelling, why would Yakubu or any other be blamed for another man's action.

APC has finished your brain. Smh
Re: Dominion Anosike: 'They Are After My Life' - Bauchi INEC Returning Officer Cries by Oyimeoyimemua(f): 10:08am On Mar 15, 2019
They better protect the woman oh.... Whatever issues on ground should be settled amicably.
Re: Dominion Anosike: 'They Are After My Life' - Bauchi INEC Returning Officer Cries by asobo: 10:43am On Mar 15, 2019
jlinkd78:
U now see dat the inconclusive stand at Bauchi was all a ploy to allow APC ample time to restrategize and find a way to bounce back thru d wayo supplementary. All agents and party stakeholders signed d paper cos d original sheets were hijacked and d REC still decided to ignore announcement. Are we taking about result sheets or are we supposed to be talking about d actual raw votes which has been tallied in whatever piece of paper. Nigeria sucks. Worst still the same tallying in an improvised paper was honoured in same election where it favoured d Presidency/APC
The returning officer is a well known apologist of APC. He is the VC of MAUTECH Yola ( formerly FUTY) and hails from Borno state.

2 Likes

Re: Dominion Anosike: 'They Are After My Life' - Bauchi INEC Returning Officer Cries by numen(m): 11:05am On Mar 15, 2019
Because he's the REC's boss and they have previously accepted collated result on another sheet of paper when it favoured APC. Why won't they now!?

Also a good boss takes responsibility for all his subordinate's ineptitude.
adanny01:

Re: Dominion Anosike: 'They Are After My Life' - Bauchi INEC Returning Officer Cries by Kennydoc(m): 11:35am On Mar 15, 2019
jlinkd78:
U now see dat the inconclusive stand at Bauchi was all a ploy to allow APC ample time to restrategize and find a way to bounce back thru d wayo supplementary. All agents and party stakeholders signed d paper cos d original sheets were hijacked and d REC still decided to ignore announcement. Are we taking about result sheets or are we supposed to be talking about d actual raw votes which has been tallied in whatever piece of paper. Nigeria sucks. Worst still the same tallying in an improvised paper was honoured in same election where it favoured d Presidency/APC

They can go ahead and conduct a rerun. Even if APC wins, PDP will reclaim the victory at the Tribunal. Bauchi election has already been won and lost. Simple!

2 Likes

Re: Dominion Anosike: 'They Are After My Life' - Bauchi INEC Returning Officer Cries by ojier55: 12:13pm On Mar 15, 2019
CONGRATS TO ALL OUR SUBSCRIBER FOR LAST GAME..ARE YOU TIRED OF LOOSING.. VERIFY OUR WINNING AND ADD US FOR NEXT GAME..WINNING IS GUARANTEED..CALL OR WHATSAPP
Re: Dominion Anosike: 'They Are After My Life' - Bauchi INEC Returning Officer Cries by ojier55: 12:15pm On Mar 15, 2019
ONGRATS TO ALL OUR SUBSCRIBER FOR LAST GAME..ARE YOU TIRED OF LOOSING.. VERIFY OUR WINNING AND ADD US FOR NEXT GAME..WINNING IS GUARANTEED..CALL OR WHATSAPP
Re: Dominion Anosike: 'They Are After My Life' - Bauchi INEC Returning Officer Cries by henrysam(m): 1:26pm On Mar 15, 2019
If Inec wants to be just. I don't think there's any need for re run in bauchi state. They should just announce the result. Why should an individual unilaterally cancelled result just because of where it was recorded, meanwhile all the stakeholders were notified.

1 Like

Re: Dominion Anosike: 'They Are After My Life' - Bauchi INEC Returning Officer Cries by adanny01(m): 3:02pm On Mar 15, 2019
Mandeyy:
You're brain.less if you don't that power from Abuja was behind the cancellation.

The only thing my bossom friend didnt tell me is, "you're brain.less". The rest i have heard several times, but i choose common sense to having a brain. As much as i dont agree to the reason the returning officer in Bauchi did what he did, it is my believe that he is an electoral umpire and his decision can only be upturned by a court.

I also cannot visualize Yakubu from Abuja asking the Prof to cancel this LGA or that Ward or that polling unit. Yakubu only has the responsibility of cancelling a state as Chief returning officer. A state returning officer can cancel a local government but not a ward. A local government collation officer can cancel a ward but not a PU. A ward collation officer can cancel a PU but not his ward. Its a ladder, with immediate retrospective responsible. Yakubu has no responsibility with local government results in a gubernatorial election.

Its the PDP's habit to view every political hurdle they cross as a conspiracy by APC or the government or even an unbiased INEC against them. Everyday we wake up from sleep with one PDP propaganda to another.

Yesterday's own was the Elrufai's accident, today is Yakubu's involvement in Bauchi inconclusive elections. If I ask you for the link between Yakubu and the Bauchi returning officer, you will have nothing to say other than one is the boss. The truth is both of them are Profs, both hold an appointment with government in different capacities, both are independent in performance of their duties.

How would Prof Yakubu, INEC chairman, order Prof Kyari Mohammed, Returning officer of Bauchi, a vice Chancellor of a University, to do what the VC would have done in conscience of his responsibility. Meanwhile, Prof Kyari is an ad hoc staff of INEC so cannot be said to be a subordinate of Yakubu.
Re: Dominion Anosike: 'They Are After My Life' - Bauchi INEC Returning Officer Cries by poseidon12: 7:40pm On Mar 15, 2019
makeitijn:
That lady anosike is coward.
She has disappointed biafran. By taking a bribe and feigning duress..

Please arrest her

This one is probably one of those miscreants that were snatching ballot boxes for APC.
Re: Dominion Anosike: 'They Are After My Life' - Bauchi INEC Returning Officer Cries by Nobody: 6:49pm On Mar 18, 2019
beamtopola:
She should be stone to dead death. No place for corrupt minded in the north

Hqhqhqhq grin grin na evening class dis one dey attend sha

(1) (2) (Reply)

Florence Ita-Giwa Decamps To APC With Governor Ayade / Tinubu Declines Comments On Osinbajo, Others Says He won't Discuss Individuals / Buhari Absent As Amosun, Yari And Ganduje Pray Inside Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.