Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,970 members, 7,896,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 06:30 AM

Eid-el-fitri: Fg Declares Thurs, Fri Public Holidays ! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eid-el-fitri: Fg Declares Thurs, Fri Public Holidays ! (3813 Views)

THURS & FRI Declared Public Holiday In Rivers State / Yuletide: FG Declares Dec. 24, 25, 28 Public Holidays / Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eid-el-fitri: Fg Declares Thurs, Fri Public Holidays ! by galamadrid(m): 1:42am On Sep 04, 2010
why now its still one week away. Any how sha yippeee
Re: Eid-el-fitri: Fg Declares Thurs, Fri Public Holidays ! by chelseabmw(m): 3:45am On Sep 04, 2010
lots of missing rams next week grin grin grin
Re: Eid-el-fitri: Fg Declares Thurs, Fri Public Holidays ! by candylips(m): 11:11am On Sep 04, 2010
men una dey enjoy for naija o
Re: Eid-el-fitri: Fg Declares Thurs, Fri Public Holidays ! by redsun(m): 11:11am On Sep 04, 2010
tolu001:

@redsun And surely you shall meet your LORD one day and see the truth which you have intentionally ignored in this world, then you Shall be full of regrets and the Hell fire shall surely be your abode (disbelievers) where you shall face severe punishments for your deeds.

U had better use reason before it's too late

You are living in hell already since your reality dwells in delusion.You guys shoud be anticipating for bank holidays that will celebrate your emancipation from mental slavery not the ones that celebrates your enslavement by the arabs in the name of barbaric religion that leads you more and more into oblivion.
Re: Eid-el-fitri: Fg Declares Thurs, Fri Public Holidays ! by Nobody: 11:56am On Sep 04, 2010
Constitution demands that Nigerian government make no provision for any religion or religious bodies. No decision shall be made based on religious beliefs. And no state or government body should take any religion as state or accepted religion.

This holiday shifting based on Islamic religious events, is an infringement on Nigeria's constitution. But hypocrisy makes Nigerians fight the constitution only when it doesn't favor them. The Islamic holidays doesn't have fixed dates instead Nigerian government has to operate on unproven beliefs to make provision for unconstitutional declaration. Next year, the holiday will have another date and Nigeria again has to have different holiday.

I didn't say that oo. It's in Nigerian constitution. When we start being strict with enforcing our constitution, we'll see progress.

Happy Edil fitri or whatever it's called. Muslims hope your god answers your prayers that are not detrimental to others and may your god grant your wishes that are not detrimental to others.
Re: Eid-el-fitri: Fg Declares Thurs, Fri Public Holidays ! by redsun(m): 12:08pm On Sep 04, 2010
Nigeria constitution is only in paper not in practice.Nigeria is the only country in the world where a paedophile delibrates in the hous of senate in the name of barbaric religion,not even rogue afganistan is that wayward.
Re: Eid-el-fitri: Fg Declares Thurs, Fri Public Holidays ! by Nobody: 12:16pm On Sep 04, 2010
redsun:

You are living in hell already since your reality dwells in delusion.You guys shoud be anticipating for bank holidays that will celebrate your emancipation from mental slavery not the ones that celebrates your enslavement by the arabs in the name of barbaric religion that leads you more and more into oblivion.

Why did you return that ? I was thinking you would have said there is no hell.ROTFLMAO
9jaganja:

Constitution demands that Nigerian government make no provision for any religion or religious bodies. No decision shall be made based on religious beliefs. And no state or government body should take any religion as state or accepted religion.

This holiday shifting based on Islamic religious events, is an infringement on Nigeria's constitution. But hypocrisy makes Nigerians fight the constitution only when it doesn't favor them. The Islamic holidays doesn't have fixed dates instead Nigerian government has to operate on unproven beliefs to make provision for unconstitutional declaration. Next year, the holiday will have another date and Nigeria again has to have different holiday.

I didn't say that oo. It's in Nigerian constitution. When we start being strict with enforcing our constitution, we'll see progress.

Happy Edil fitri or whatever it's called. Muslims hope your god answers your prayers that are not detrimental to others and may your god grant your wishes that are not detrimental to others.
You either be an atheist or a bigot
Re: Eid-el-fitri: Fg Declares Thurs, Fri Public Holidays ! by redsun(m): 12:19pm On Sep 04, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Why did you return that ? I was thinking you would have said there is no hell.ROTFLMAOYou either be an atheist or a bigot

Oh yeah.Of course most of you guys live in hell of not knowing and that is the only hell.
Re: Eid-el-fitri: Fg Declares Thurs, Fri Public Holidays ! by Kelvinj(m): 12:34pm On Sep 04, 2010
[b][/b]
redsun:

redsun:

Re: Eid-el-fitri: Fg Declares Thurs, Fri Public Holidays ! by Nobody: 12:42pm On Sep 04, 2010
redsun:

Oh yeah.Of course most of you guys live in hell of not knowing and that is the only hell.
Rotflmao. . . .the only hell i know is where i pray you don't end up if you continue like this.
Re: Eid-el-fitri: Fg Declares Thurs, Fri Public Holidays ! by Nobody: 12:50pm On Sep 04, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Why did you return that ? I was thinking you would have said there is no hell.ROTFLMAO

You either be an atheist or a bigot

Only cause I didn't agree with Nigerian government infringing on the constitution right? My post has a line or two for you in there read it well.
Re: Eid-el-fitri: Fg Declares Thurs, Fri Public Holidays ! by Nobody: 12:59pm On Sep 04, 2010
9jaganja:

Only cause I didn't agree with Nigerian government infringing on the constitution right? My post has a line or two for you in there read it well.
Your post says nothing but only show that you are just someone that has no tolerance for the muslim religion. If not, what did you mean by calling the name of the celecbration right and still used the expression ''whatever''.why did you assume that they are worshipping a ''god''
see why i called you a bigot ?
Re: Eid-el-fitri: Fg Declares Thurs, Fri Public Holidays ! by tolu001: 6:04pm On Sep 04, 2010
@ bluetooth Dont mind the hypocrites, the truth Shall soon prevail on them.

They will surely remember this post as one the numerous warnings they have received. I just pray it wont be too late for them
Re: Eid-el-fitri: Fg Declares Thurs, Fri Public Holidays ! by Afam4eva(m): 6:17pm On Sep 04, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Your post says nothing but only show that you are just someone that has no tolerance for the muslim religion. If not, what did you mean by calling the name of the celecbration right and still used the expression ''whatever''.why did you assume that they are worshipping a ''god''
see why i called you a bigot ?

In as much as i don't like Redsuns and 9aijaganjas comments. You're as ruthless and insensitive as them. You'll rot in hell with them. IGBO hater.
Re: Eid-el-fitri: Fg Declares Thurs, Fri Public Holidays ! by Nobody: 6:31pm On Sep 04, 2010
afam4eva:

In as much as i don't like Redsuns and 9aijaganjas comments. You're as ruthless and insensitive as them. You'll rot in hell with them. IGBO hater.
What was that for ? Btw,what does this thread have to do with eebo now ?
Re: Eid-el-fitri: Fg Declares Thurs, Fri Public Holidays ! by Obijulius: 9:05pm On Sep 04, 2010
redsun:

Nigeria constitution is only in paper not in practice.Nigeria is the only country in the world where a paedophile delibrates in the hous of senate in the name of b ;arbaric religion,not even rogue afganistan is that wayward.
grin grin

this redsun guy surely loves 2 hear himself speak, how he must smile whenever he reads his loud-sounding but empty lines.

dammit REDSUN-get a real life men
Re: Eid-el-fitri: Fg Declares Thurs, Fri Public Holidays ! by koolguy88(m): 3:01pm On Sep 06, 2010
INTERCONTINENTAL BANK ATM will not go dry. Take my words because support staff will be on ground to replenish cash.
Re: Eid-el-fitri: Fg Declares Thurs, Fri Public Holidays ! by fxskye: 4:37pm On Sep 06, 2010
Na wa 4 people ooo! Because FG declared public holiday to celebrate Eid-l Fitr, then It has become a topic of interpreting constitution.
Is the holiday declared for Muslims alone? Did FG not aware of Ramadan Fasting b4 the declaration?

Nigeria Constitution? Imported foregn policies which has been creating wide gap between the "Halfs" & "Halfs-not".
If you feel that FG has breached Nigeria Constitution, please file your suit in a competent court of juridition. Better still, I think International Court of Justice is a good place to tender such case.

Beta Soon 9ja!
Re: Eid-el-fitri: Fg Declares Thurs, Fri Public Holidays ! by redsun(m): 2:02pm On Sep 09, 2010
Obijulius:

grin grin

this redsun guy surely loves 2 hear himself speak, how he must smile whenever he reads his loud-sounding but empty lines.

dammit REDSUN-get a real life men

Anu nkita,caveman.What do u know?
~Bluetooth link=topic=508026.msg6696073#msg6696073

date=1283600555:

Rotflmao. . . .the only hell i know is where i pray you don't end up if you continue like this.

I feel sorry for your type,you live in want of priceless knowledge and freedom.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Find Below, The Reasons, Why Igbos Are Better Voting Buhari. / Buhari Should Organise A Sovereign National Conference Now / Osinbajo, El Rufai Feud: Nigerians Cannot Be Fooled By APC's Antics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.