Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,176 members, 7,880,668 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:45 AM

Journalist Exposes Sanwo-olu’s Aide As Cocaine Trafficker Evading Trial - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Journalist Exposes Sanwo-olu’s Aide As Cocaine Trafficker Evading Trial (741 Views)

Nigerian Cocaine Trafficker Arrested In Trinidad And Tobago / Olufunke Phillips: Fugitive Cocaine Trafficker Returns To Social Media / Ruona Meyer: Olufunke Phillips Is A Cocaine Trafficker Evading Trial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Journalist Exposes Sanwo-olu’s Aide As Cocaine Trafficker Evading Trial by unclesuruoffi: 4:59pm On Mar 15, 2019
A Nigerian journalist Ruona Meyer, has exposed Olufunke Phillips, who Lagos State Governor-elect, Babajide Sanwo-Olu's aide as a cocaine trafficker evading trial.Ruona Meyer who called out Olufunke Phillips (full name: Philip Esther Olufunke), the digital manager of Lagos State Governor-elect, Babajide Sanwo-Olu on Facebook, disclosed that she  was charged by the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) with illegal possession of 3.14 kilogrammes of cocaine in 2007.

She further revealed that she arraigned before Justice P.I Ajoku of the Lagos Division of the Federal High Court in 2007 but she, alongside 25 others absconded after being granted bail by the judge. Ms Meyer who also accused Ms Phillips of intellectual property theft, disclosed that they previously teamed up to establish ‘The Beverage Space,’ a website that focuses on alcohol consumption, years ago. According to her, she brought Ms. Phillips onboard because she needed a face for the brand since she wasn’t based in Nigeria at the time, adding that she solely funded the project. However after background checks revealed her partner was a fugitive, she pulled out the plug. However few years after,  Ms Phillips launched her own website which she renamed ‘The Beverage Room’ based on the same ideas. The page now has over 82,000 followers on Facebook alone.

The journalist who exposed Sanwo-Olu's aide as a cocaine trafficker evading trial in a disclaimer, wrote;

“I handled the blog, edited written copy, tapped my contacts in Corporate Communications, PR & media in general, to boost our networks. Funke Phillips had no money, so I handled practically all costs…including domain hosting, calls to contacts, sending proposals for sponsored events planning hangouts, generating content ideas and even doing interviews from Germany with my Nigerian contacts.

"Soon, we were about to get into signing partnerships, when my manager in Germany reminded me to do a character check on @FunkePhillips. I remembered I'd heard some absurd rumours, and went online to check...

"I discovered @FunkePhillips was arrested in a Lagos airport with 3.14kgs of cocaine, and skipped bail, prompting then @ndlea_nigeria chairman Ahmadu to list her among wanted “drug barons” in July 2011. News story attached.

I next used my contacts in the courts and prisons to legally crosscheck these facts, and presented the situation to @FunkePhillips, asking her to explain. See her case file number photo:In private chats I'll reserve for court, @FunkePhillips said she “went through a lot to settle the case.

”I replied that the only way the case could be settled was if she was ACQUITTED, or SERVED TIME, but not so, according to @ndlea_nigeria I reminded her.

“I terminated our business dealings in 2016 after I found out @FunkePhillips is facing cocaine smuggling charges (with a 2009 court case); and on 4 July 2011, @ndlea_nigeria listed her as skipping bail.@FunkePhillips, to reiterate what I told you 3 years ago: I DO NOT CARE what Nigeria does to you, or whether this country ignores your criminality and rewards you – after all, you will not be the first fugitive to pop up in government circles in Nigeria.

Based on my dealings in Germany, I cannot be seen to have ever had any associations with someone linked to drugs, even more with someone like you, @FunkePhillips, cited as skipping bail and being a fugitive."

The ex- BBC Pidgin journalist, also challenged her erstwhile business partner to take down the website or face her in court. To back her claims, Ms Meyer also shared receipts of her payments for logo design, website hosting. She also expressed her disapproval of Ms Phillips’s continued claims to be the owner of the business.

She added;"So I am not asking for money, or care what Nigeria does to her or not. After all, she has skipped bail for years and is not exactly hiding.“I care because I am held to a higher standard, personally, family-wise, and as a citizen of Germany. I would be a pariah, unworthy of any semblance of public life if I were ever associated with a drug-smuggling criminal, who also skipped bail. So I have to disclaim it. Publicly too.”

https://unclesuru.com/2019/03/15/journalist-exposes-sanwo-olus-aide-as-cocaine-trafficker-evading-trial/

lalasticlala, seun, mynd44

Re: Journalist Exposes Sanwo-olu’s Aide As Cocaine Trafficker Evading Trial by AJOBI77(m): 5:02pm On Mar 15, 2019
Dem don Start ooo
Re: Journalist Exposes Sanwo-olu’s Aide As Cocaine Trafficker Evading Trial by AskProf: 5:04pm On Mar 15, 2019
unclesuruoffi:
A Nigerian journalist Ruona Meyer, has exposed Olufunke Phillips, who Lagos State Governor-elect, Babajide Sanwo-Olu's aide as a cocaine trafficker evading trial.Ruona Meyer who called out Olufunke Phillips (full name: Philip Esther Olufunke), the digital manager of Lagos State Governor-elect, Babajide Sanwo-Olu on Facebook, disclosed that she  was charged by the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) with illegal possession of 3.14 kilogrammes of cocaine in 2007.

She further revealed that she arraigned before Justice P.I Ajoku of the Lagos Division of the Federal High Court in 2007 but she, alongside 25 others absconded after being granted bail by the judge. Ms Meyer who also accused Ms Phillips of intellectual property theft, disclosed that they previously teamed up to establish ‘The Beverage Space,’ a website that focuses on alcohol consumption, years ago. According to her, she brought Ms. Phillips onboard because she needed a face for the brand since she wasn’t based in Nigeria at the time, adding that she solely funded the project. However after background checks revealed her partner was a fugitive, she pulled out the plug. However few years after,  Ms Phillips launched her own website which she renamed ‘The Beverage Room’ based on the same ideas. The page now has over 82,000 followers on Facebook alone.

The journalist who exposed Sanwo-Olu's aide as a cocaine trafficker evading trial in a disclaimer, wrote;

“I terminated our business dealings in 2016 after I found out @FunkePhillips is facing cocaine smuggling charges (with a 2009 court case); and on 4 July 2011, @ndlea_nigeria listed her as skipping bail.” The ex- BBC Pidgin journalist, also challenged her erstwhile business partner to take down the website or face her in court. To back her claims, Ms Meyer also shared receipts of her payments for logo design, website hosting. She also expressed her disapproval of Ms Phillips’s continued claims to be the owner of the business.

She explained, “I handled the blog, edited written copy, tapped my contacts in Corporate Communications, PR & media in general, to boost our networks. Funke Phillips had no money, so I handled practically all costs…including domain hosting, calls to contacts, sending proposals for sponsored events planning hangouts, generating content ideas and even doing interviews from Germany with my Nigerian contacts.

“Soon, we were about to get into signing partnerships, when my manager in Germany reminded me to do a character check on Funke Phillips. I remembered I’d heard some absurd rumours and went online to check.“The report stated that the information that Funke and other alleged drug barons were on the loose was corroborated by then @ndlea_nigeria spokesperson Mitchell Ofoyeju (@mitchelljnr) cc @dg_ndlea.

“So I am not asking for money, or care what Nigeria does to her or not. After all, she has skipped bail for years and is not exactly hiding.“I care because I am held to a higher standard, personally, family-wise, and as a citizen of Germany. I would be a pariah, unworthy of any semblance of public life if I were ever associated with a drug-smuggling criminal, who also skipped bail. So I have to disclaim it. Publicly too.”

Hmmm.
Re: Journalist Exposes Sanwo-olu’s Aide As Cocaine Trafficker Evading Trial by LuciferRedeemed: 5:19pm On Mar 15, 2019
Ambode is releasing dirt little by little... grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Journalist Exposes Sanwo-olu’s Aide As Cocaine Trafficker Evading Trial by SultanYoung: 5:30pm On Mar 15, 2019
#SultanSpeak Heavenly God of the 7 thrones Guide all of we here on nairaland ( every tribe included ) from the enemy of our progress put a shield betwen us don't give them the eye to see our success,the ear to hear our success, and the strenght to interfare with our success only this i ask for nothing much Amen.
Re: Journalist Exposes Sanwo-olu’s Aide As Cocaine Trafficker Evading Trial by backnbeta(f): 5:48pm On Mar 15, 2019
Behind every rumor... lipsrsealed
Re: Journalist Exposes Sanwo-olu’s Aide As Cocaine Trafficker Evading Trial by harkandey(m): 6:09pm On Mar 15, 2019
hmmm, Here they come again, after all this years
Re: Journalist Exposes Sanwo-olu’s Aide As Cocaine Trafficker Evading Trial by Tupacc: 6:55pm On Mar 15, 2019
A Nigerian journalist Ruona Meyer

Re: Journalist Exposes Sanwo-olu’s Aide As Cocaine Trafficker Evading Trial by Nobody: 8:39pm On Mar 15, 2019
LuciferRedeemed:
Ambode is releasing dirt little by little... grin grin

Sorry to bug you sir. Who can sign attestation of good character for me for free please i'm an airforce aspirant. They are asking me to pay money.

(1) (Reply)

A UNN Student Threatens To Commit Suicide Because Of Her Boyfriend Death / Police Kills Kidnap Kingpin ‘shaho’, Nabs Gang Members [PHOTO] / The Migrant Spy: A True Life Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.