Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,904 members, 7,973,096 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 08:23 AM

Conversion Of Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive--Is It Worth It? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Conversion Of Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive--Is It Worth It? (1284 Views)

Changeing Of Right Hand To Left Hand Any Disadvantage ? / Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion / Conversion Of Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Whats The After Effect. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Conversion Of Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive--Is It Worth It? by amliyu: 11:34am On Sep 03, 2010
Hello people,
I just took delivery of a neat Mercedes Benz sprinter van used as a container to transport stuff from the UK - it is a Right Hand Drive. Few questions pls;

(1) Is it worth converting it to left hand before disposing it off?

(2) Any idea about what is involved in this conversion and where to get the parts required?

Thanks for your help.
Re: Conversion Of Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive--Is It Worth It? by femmy2010(m): 1:03pm On Sep 03, 2010
Conversion means a faster sale and certainly more cash would be retrieve from it sale.
Budget N150k to N200k for it conversion.
Best of luck.
Re: Conversion Of Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive--Is It Worth It? by amliyu: 10:19am On Sep 04, 2010
Thanks Femmy2010.
I can do with a faster sale.
Re: Conversion Of Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive--Is It Worth It? by Globaltrux: 4:42pm On Sep 05, 2010
Hi There
i would offer you a bit of different advice to FEMMI2010, forget about converting to LHD in Nigeria, break the van into components and sell them individually you will most likely make more money.
if you convert it to LHD, you will probably wait a while for it to be completed, you will need to pay out more money in the hope of getting it back, the price you ultimately get will depend on the quality of the conversion carried out.

In any case the buyer will know that it is a conversion and as such will try to knock down your price.

looking at the condition of many vehicles in Nigeria i would say that there is a bouyant market for parts, engine, gearbox, axles, body panels, ecu's etc.

think first before parting with more money.

regards

iain

(1) (Reply)

2009 Nissan Altima for 2.5m / 4 Brand New Heavy Duty Honda 8.5 Kva Generators For Sale / *+*+*brand New Kia Soul+*+*+

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.