Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,338 members, 7,974,429 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 02:18 AM

Ebuka Obi-Uchendu: I once lost a job because my accent was too Nigerian - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ebuka Obi-Uchendu: I once lost a job because my accent was too Nigerian (34363 Views)

I Slept With Pastors Too – Nigerian Female Soft Ashawo Star (SEE PHOTOS) / Ebuka Obi-Uchendu & His Wife, Cynthia Obianodo At Banky W, Adesua White Wedding / Ebuka Obi-Uchendu's Agbada: Ugo Monye's Instagram Followers Skyrockets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebuka Obi-Uchendu: I once lost a job because my accent was too Nigerian by greggng: 6:38pm On Mar 16, 2019
carammel:
I love Nigerian accent though, it is so unique.

Go and listen to that worry chap sent home by her school ...you go know say we dey learn for Lagos...infact na everyday I dey play that scene so that I go learn
Re: Ebuka Obi-Uchendu: I once lost a job because my accent was too Nigerian by GoodGodmykeeper(m): 6:38pm On Mar 16, 2019
Okay.

CHECK MY SIGNATURE
Re: Ebuka Obi-Uchendu: I once lost a job because my accent was too Nigerian by tsinzu: 6:40pm On Mar 16, 2019
Vizzy4u:
those Afo** grin Right? Hahahahahahahaha.....wetin concern me
Lol, I no call any name o grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ebuka Obi-Uchendu: I once lost a job because my accent was too Nigerian by RTSC: 6:40pm On Mar 16, 2019
YourNemesis:
Are you sure na because it was simply too "Nigerian" or because it was too "Igbotic" ? grin
There is nothing more Nigerian than igbo.

Ask Nnamdi Azikiwe.

2 Likes

Re: Ebuka Obi-Uchendu: I once lost a job because my accent was too Nigerian by 3kay945(m): 6:41pm On Mar 16, 2019
midnighter:

Brother dont try it

grin

Okay o. Thanks ma
Re: Ebuka Obi-Uchendu: I once lost a job because my accent was too Nigerian by bluefilm: 6:43pm On Mar 16, 2019
Nonsense.

I once almost lost one pussy like dat because of my onicha dialect.

I kept telling the bish to allow me to pless and suck her bless very well.

At a time, the bish got angry and stood up to leave.

The bish told me that my teeth is as sharp as lazor and it has cut her nipples and the thing is already peppeling her.

But she said she can't leave me with my election just rike that.

Such a considerate and caring bish.

I still miss that bish to this day. shocked

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebuka Obi-Uchendu: I once lost a job because my accent was too Nigerian by gozzlin: 6:52pm On Mar 16, 2019
bluefilm:
Nonsense.

I once almost lost one pussy like dat because of my onicha dialect.

I kept telling the bish to allow me to pless and suck her bless very well.

At a time, the bish got angry and stood up to leave.

The bish told me that my teeth is as sharp as lazor and it has cut her nipples and the thing is already peppeling her.

But she said she can't leave me with my election just rike that.

I still miss that bish to this day. shocked

Okay.
Re: Ebuka Obi-Uchendu: I once lost a job because my accent was too Nigerian by BotherMleeper(m): 6:57pm On Mar 16, 2019
Tonmiwatimmy:
mjhfdghllitxvnhfvnkgszsetybcxdhjgxcbnjjyteqsfplhffhjhdghggjuduiiduddxiixicifixijxuucuuuxycucuxucgu

I exactly!

I thought the same thing too.

2 Likes

Re: Ebuka Obi-Uchendu: I once lost a job because my accent was too Nigerian by idonhammer: 7:04pm On Mar 16, 2019
See finishing...i swear u wicked.

tsinzu:

While some sophisticated morons have a very shocking inability to pronounce any word that starts with H properly while they miraculously add H to any word that starts with a vowel sound(I NO CALL NAME TOO O)

5 Likes

Re: Ebuka Obi-Uchendu: I once lost a job because my accent was too Nigerian by Ilamina(f): 7:06pm On Mar 16, 2019
Hes accent ain't that thick
Re: Ebuka Obi-Uchendu: I once lost a job because my accent was too Nigerian by 13october: 7:09pm On Mar 16, 2019
Bigmugu:
Popular OAP and presenter, Ebuka Uchendu, has spoken on the Nigerian accent via his Twitter page.

According to the BBNaija host, he once lost an advert gig because his accent was too Nigerian for the brand.

His tweet read thus;

He wrote “I once lost a presenter gig because my accent is too Nigerian, but it never stopped me from being true to myself and fully embracing my individuality. Don’t ever feel pressure to conform, you can actually break the norm because truly all our dreams are valid “.

Photos below

Gist Via :- https://nairatrend.com.ng/i-once-lost-a-job-because-my-accent-was-too-nigerian-ebuka-uchendu/

You mean lefenlandum

1 Like

Re: Ebuka Obi-Uchendu: I once lost a job because my accent was too Nigerian by idonhammer: 7:11pm On Mar 16, 2019
Re: Ebuka Obi-Uchendu: I once lost a job because my accent was too Nigerian by Mic85566: 7:15pm On Mar 16, 2019
See prove below

Re: Ebuka Obi-Uchendu: I once lost a job because my accent was too Nigerian by seancombs617: 7:18pm On Mar 16, 2019
Jumia HR is on this table
Re: Ebuka Obi-Uchendu: I once lost a job because my accent was too Nigerian by Akabuking: 7:22pm On Mar 16, 2019
Tonmiwatimmy:
mjhfdghllitxvnhfvnkgszsetybcxdhjgxcbnjjyteqsfplhffhjhdghggjuduiiduddxiixicifixijxuucuuuxycucuxucgu...

gcfryuhfdd bbvfghjokbffssdgbkj nnbcxxfhkmbcxd hhvcjjjvdsf bcchhjvcdhjkhh hhfdrhyffjkjf hgghjj

Re: Ebuka Obi-Uchendu: I once lost a job because my accent was too Nigerian by Nobody: 7:29pm On Mar 16, 2019
micah04:
Calaber man comes to mind... grin grin grin

Rey we cash you for yunction grincheesy
Re: Ebuka Obi-Uchendu: I once lost a job because my accent was too Nigerian by Nobody: 7:30pm On Mar 16, 2019
More like " was too igbotic".
Re: Ebuka Obi-Uchendu: I once lost a job because my accent was too Nigerian by Nobody: 7:31pm On Mar 16, 2019
Tonmiwatimmy:
mjhfdghllitxvnhfvnkgszsetybcxdhjgxcbnjjyteqsfplhffhjhdghggjuduiiduddxiixicifixijxuucuuuxycucuxucgu...

hahahaha..ppl mad for this nairaland oo..wah is dis one agn
Re: Ebuka Obi-Uchendu: I once lost a job because my accent was too Nigerian by BABANGBALI: 7:32pm On Mar 16, 2019
YourNemesis:
You sure say na because it was simply too "Nigerian" or because it was too "Igbotic" ? grin
Nigerian accents get grade o.....
no mind am
Re: Ebuka Obi-Uchendu: I once lost a job because my accent was too Nigerian by amazon14: 7:39pm On Mar 16, 2019
YourNemesis:
You sure say na because it was simply too "Nigerian" or because it was too "Igbotic" ? grin
Nigerian accents get grade o.....

Grade? As per Yorubatic, that will say epp instead of help. Or hausatic, that will say nigeriya instead of Nigeria.

Mr. Tribal bigot, Nigeria as an entity has accent.

4 Likes

Re: Ebuka Obi-Uchendu: I once lost a job because my accent was too Nigerian by YourNemesis: 7:42pm On Mar 16, 2019
amazon14:

Grade? As per Yorubatic, that will say epp instead of help. Or hausatic, that will say nigeriya instead of Nigeria.

Mr. Tribal bigot, Nigeria as an entity has accent.

You are contradicting yourself.
Read over your reply again.
Re: Ebuka Obi-Uchendu: I once lost a job because my accent was too Nigerian by amazon14: 7:43pm On Mar 16, 2019
tsinzu:

While some sophisticated morons have a very shocking inability to pronounce any word that starts with H properly while they miraculously add H to any word that starts with a vowel sound(I NO CALL NAME TOO O)

You answered him wella

4 Likes

Re: Ebuka Obi-Uchendu: I once lost a job because my accent was too Nigerian by Nobody: 7:44pm On Mar 16, 2019
I hear say na one of your fellow contestants that year (Gideon) suppose host BBN instead.

But Gideon shakara too much. So na u con get the gig.

Lucky you.

1 Like

Re: Ebuka Obi-Uchendu: I once lost a job because my accent was too Nigerian by uchwar1: 7:48pm On Mar 16, 2019
tsinzu:

H - factor. I know them

4 Likes

Re: Ebuka Obi-Uchendu: I once lost a job because my accent was too Nigerian by Fidelismaria: 7:48pm On Mar 16, 2019
Okay

Check my signature
Re: Ebuka Obi-Uchendu: I once lost a job because my accent was too Nigerian by tex73: 7:54pm On Mar 16, 2019
That's true, but let me add, that you most instead adapt to succeed.

I bet he speaks differently now than those days.
Re: Ebuka Obi-Uchendu: I once lost a job because my accent was too Nigerian by Texman21: 8:04pm On Mar 16, 2019
oyi1:
smiley
you want feminist to come for your head abi
Re: Ebuka Obi-Uchendu: I once lost a job because my accent was too Nigerian by sonature1: 8:14pm On Mar 16, 2019
tsinzu:

U forgot to add that they always pronounce words that start with CH as SH..Eg, Church is pronounced Shurch grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebuka Obi-Uchendu: I once lost a job because my accent was too Nigerian by sonature1: 8:18pm On Mar 16, 2019
carammel:
I love Nigerian accent though, it is so unique.

Don't mind Ebuka...Southern Nigeria has a beautiful English accent.
I've lost count on the number of times the BBC pronounced Nigeria as the country with the best English accent.
Many African countries are copying Nigeria’s English accent because it's sweet to the ears.
However, northern Nigeria’s English accent is quite different from that of the south.
Re: Ebuka Obi-Uchendu: I once lost a job because my accent was too Nigerian by PanickMode(m): 8:27pm On Mar 16, 2019
Some days are like dat

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

B-Elect Of Thorobred Is Dead! / Photos From Osita Iheme's 37th Birthday Party / Tiwa Savage's 49-99 Appears On New York Times Square Billboard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.