Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,664 members, 7,979,259 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 03:55 AM

The Antidote To Divorce - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Antidote To Divorce (440 Views)

Antidote To Murmuring / The Only Antidote For Sin / Coronavirus: The Antidote. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Antidote To Divorce by Nobody: 9:14am On Mar 18, 2019
This may not have come at a better time considering the embarrassing extent to which divorce is becoming prevalent in the church, for it's not just amongst her floor members, but also her leaders.

And the frequency at which it is taking place in the church, shows that it cannot possibly be a mere coincidence, but only just another symptom of a church gone bad.

For when the church divorces herself from her Bridegroom and the things of God, by getting married to the things of the world, such as the deceitful earthly riches, pleasures of this life, and cares of this world, and hence derailing from the principles, standard and values upon which He founded her, such results of the thorns choking the seed that He had sown into her and making it hard or impossible for her to bear the fruits of their marriage are only inevitable.(Matthew 13:3-9, 18-23)

For the embarrassing rate of divorce of those of the church, inclusive of her leaders is only but a symptom of the divorce of the church from her Bridegroom and the things that be of God to whom she truly belongs, for how can they expect to remain married when the church which they are a part of is already divorced?

Therefore the antidote to divorce in the church, is for the church to go back to her Bridegroom and the things of God, even the principles, standard, and values upon which He founded her, and hence be divorced from the things of the world, deceitful earthly riches, cares of this world, and the pleasures of this life, even the thorns that choke the seed that He had sown into her, so that she could be able to bear the good fruits of their marriage, such as love, compassion, selflessness, honesty, mercy, accountability, patience, integrity, humility, generosity, justice, faithfulness etc., and consequently unbreakable marriages.

To be continued.
Re: The Antidote To Divorce by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jul 17, 2019
One area where the church had been divorced from her Bridegroom, which reflects in the extent of divorces in the church, is by not following His example of being absolutely led by the Spirit in His actions and decisions.

For that was what made Him to avoid making any mistakes, which distinguished Him from the rest.

Therefore I believe that if those of the church followed His example of being led by the Spirit of God in the respect of choosing a life partner in marriage, the amount of mistakes they make in that respect would be significantly less, and hence the divorces in the church which is consequent upon such a mistakes, would considerably reduce.

For in my opinion, the biggest mistake that could be made in any marriage is to choose the wrong partner, for any other mistake could yet be corrected during marriage with the marriage still intact once that is gotten right.

But once someone gets married to the wrong person, the marriage itself would be a mistake, so it would be very hard to correct the mistake without leaving the marriage, which means having to divorce the spouse.

And considering that marriage ought to be a lifetime union as God had intended for it to be, for it to have to end in divorce because someone made a mistake in choosing the wrong person, would be very unfortunate because such an outcome would have been unwarranted and avoidable had the person gotten it right at the choice level.

So ensuring one doesn't make such a mistake and get himself or herself into the wrong marriage in the first place is very crucial, hence those of the church must involve God in the choice making process, and let God be the One to choose a spouse for them.

For I believe that God who is the inventor of marriage has a choice for everyone, so getting married to God's choice for someone is an antidote to divorce.
Re: The Antidote To Divorce by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jul 18, 2019
jesusjnr:
One area where the church had been divorced from her Bridegroom, which reflects in the extent of divorces in the church, is by not following His example of being absolutely led by the Spirit in His actions and decisions.

For that was what made Him to avoid making any mistakes, which distinguished Him from the rest.

Therefore I believe that if those of the church followed His example of being led by the Spirit of God in the respect of choosing a life partner in marriage, the amount of mistakes they make in that respect would be significantly less, and hence the divorces in the church which is consequent upon such a mistake, would considerably reduce.

For in my opinion, the biggest mistake that could be made in any marriage is to choose the wrong partner, for any other mistake could yet be corrected during marriage with the marriage still intact once that is gotten right.

But once someone gets married to the wrong person, the marriage itself would be a mistake, so it would be very hard to correct the mistake without leaving the marriage, which means having to divorce the spouse.

And considering that marriage ought to be a lifetime union as God had intended for it to be, for it to have to end in divorce because someone made a mistake in choosing the wrong person, would be very unfortunate because such an outcome would have been unwarranted and avoidable had the person gotten it right at the choice level.

So ensuring one doesn't make such a mistake and get himself or herself into the wrong marriage in the first place is very crucial, hence those of the church must involve God in the choice making process, and let God be the One to choose a spouse for them.

For I believe that God who is the inventor of marriage has a choice for everyone, so getting married to God's choice for someone is an antidote to divorce.
Now the story of how Isaac got his wife Rebekah and way their marriage panned out is one that gives credence to the above saying that God has a choice for everyone, and that getting married to God's choice is an antidote to divorce.

For Abraham at an old age had called his servant and sent him to his people to get a wife for his son Isaac.

And this was what transpired:

Genesis 24:10-27 (KJV)

10 And the servant took ten camels of the camels of his master, and departed; for all the goods of his master were in his hand: and he arose, and went to Mesopotamia, unto the city of Nahor.
11 And he made his camels to kneel down without the city by a well of water at the time of the evening, even the time that women go out to draw water.
12 And he said, O LORD God of my master Abraham, I pray thee, send me good speed this day, and shew kindness unto my master Abraham.
13 Behold, I stand here by the well of water; and the daughters of the men of the city come out to draw water:
14 And let it come to pass, that the damsel to whom I shall say, Let down thy pitcher, I pray thee, that I may drink; and she shall say, Drink, and I will give thy camels drink also: let the same be she that thou hast appointed for thy servant Isaac; and thereby shall I know that thou hast shewed kindness unto my master.
15 And it came to pass, before he had done speaking, that, behold, Rebekah came out, who was born to Bethuel, son of Milcah, the wife of Nahor, Abraham's brother, with her pitcher upon her shoulder.
16 And the damsel was very fair to look upon, a virgin, neither had any man known her: and she went down to the well, and filled her pitcher, and came up.
17 And the servant ran to meet her, and said, Let me, I pray thee, drink a little water of thy pitcher.
18 And she said, Drink, my lord: and she hasted, and let down her pitcher upon her hand, and gave him drink.
19 And when she had done giving him drink, she said, I will draw water for thy camels also, until they have done drinking.
20 And she hasted, and emptied her pitcher into the trough, and ran again unto the well to draw water, and drew for all his camels.
21 And the man wondering at her held his peace, to wit whether the LORD had made his journey prosperous or not.
22 And it came to pass, as the camels had done drinking, that the man took a golden earring of half a shekel weight, and two bracelets for her hands of ten shekels weight of gold;
23 And said, Whose daughter art thou? tell me, I pray thee: is there room in thy father's house for us to lodge in?
24 And she said unto him, I am the daughter of Bethuel the son of Milcah, which she bare unto Nahor.
25 She said moreover unto him, We have both straw and provender enough, and room to lodge in.
26 And the man bowed down his head, and worshipped the LORD.
27 And he said, Blessed be the LORD God of my master Abraham, who hath not left destitute my master of his mercy and his truth: I being in the way, the LORD led me to the house of my master's brethren.
Re: The Antidote To Divorce by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jul 19, 2019
jesusjnr:
Now the story of how Isaac got his wife Rebekah and way their marriage panned out is one that gives credence to the above saying that God has a choice for everyone, and that getting married to God's choice is an antidote to divorce.

For Abraham at an old age had called his servant and sent him to his people to get a wife for his son Isaac.

And this was what transpired:

Genesis 24:10-27 (KJV)

10 And the servant took ten camels of the camels of his master, and departed; for all the goods of his master were in his hand: and he arose, and went to Mesopotamia, unto the city of Nahor.
11 And he made his camels to kneel down without the city by a well of water at the time of the evening, even the time that women go out to draw water.
12 And he said, O LORD God of my master Abraham, I pray thee, send me good speed this day, and shew kindness unto my master Abraham.
13 Behold, I stand here by the well of water; and the daughters of the men of the city come out to draw water:
14 And let it come to pass, that the damsel to whom I shall say, Let down thy pitcher, I pray thee, that I may drink; and she shall say, Drink, and I will give thy camels drink also: let the same be she that thou hast appointed for thy servant Isaac; and thereby shall I know that thou hast shewed kindness unto my master.
15 And it came to pass, before he had done speaking, that, behold, Rebekah came out, who was born to Bethuel, son of Milcah, the wife of Nahor, Abraham's brother, with her pitcher upon her shoulder.
16 And the damsel was very fair to look upon, a virgin, neither had any man known her: and she went down to the well, and filled her pitcher, and came up.
17 And the servant ran to meet her, and said, Let me, I pray thee, drink a little water of thy pitcher.
18 And she said, Drink, my lord: and she hasted, and let down her pitcher upon her hand, and gave him drink.
19 And when she had done giving him drink, she said, I will draw water for thy camels also, until they have done drinking.
20 And she hasted, and emptied her pitcher into the trough, and ran again unto the well to draw water, and drew for all his camels.
21 And the man wondering at her held his peace, to wit whether the LORD had made his journey prosperous or not.
22 And it came to pass, as the camels had done drinking, that the man took a golden earring of half a shekel weight, and two bracelets for her hands of ten shekels weight of gold;
23 And said, Whose daughter art thou? tell me, I pray thee: is there room in thy father's house for us to lodge in?
24 And she said unto him, I am the daughter of Bethuel the son of Milcah, which she bare unto Nahor.
25 She said moreover unto him, We have both straw and provender enough, and room to lodge in.
26 And the man bowed down his head, and worshipped the LORD.
27 And he said, Blessed be the LORD God of my master Abraham, who hath not left destitute my master of his mercy and his truth: I being in the way, the LORD led me to the house of my master's brethren.

So that was how the servant of Abraham succeeded in the task that his master had saddled him with to get a wife for his son Isaac, for it was that same Rebekah that God led him to that became Isaac's wife.

And i compared the marriage of Isaac to that of Jacob his son who didn't seek God's choice for Him, but was led by his flesh to his choice for a wife, and the difference was clear.

For while in the marriage of Isaac to Rebekah, there was just Isaac and Rebekah as God intended marriage to be, no polygamy(which equates to divorce), no concubines, that of Jacob was the exact opposite.

And apart from that of Jacob, even the marriage of Abraham Isaac's father didn't enjoy the kind of tranquility that the marriage of Isaac to Rebekah had, considering the marital challenges that came with Abraham having a concubine and a son out of wedlock.

So definitely the marriage of Isaac to Rebekah God's choice for him panned out better than those of both his father Abraham and his son Jacob, and I don't believe it that it was by coincidence, but that it had something to do with his getting married to God's choice.

(1) (Reply)

Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens: Thursday, April 4, 2019 / “women Who Scream God’s Name During Sex Will Go To Hell” – Prophet / Between Bisi Alimi And A Fan Who Told Him Jesus Loves Him (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.