Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,736 members, 7,918,262 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 07:16 AM

Nigeria To Advertise Coaching Position! - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria To Advertise Coaching Position! (2593 Views)

Latest FIFA Ranking: Nigeria Retains 42nd Position. / Okagbare Clinches Third Position IAAF Diamond League Zurich / Rwanda Express Ebola Concerns In Nigeria To Caf (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Advertise Coaching Position! by mensdept: 6:08pm On Sep 05, 2010
denitro:

Sat 12/06/10 PRL Sharks FC              1 - 0    Heartland FC O… More info
Sun 27/06/10 PRL Heartland FC O        2 - 1    Zamfara United FC More info
Fri 02/07/10 PRL Enugu Rangers …      2 - 1    Heartland FC O… More info
Tue 06/07/10 PRL Kwara United              1 - 0    Heartland FC O… More info
Sun 18/07/10 CCL Heartland FC O…     1 - 1    Al Ahly View events More info
Sat 31/07/10 CCL Kabylie                      1 - 0    Heartland FC O… View events More info
Sun 15/08/10 CCL Ismaily                      1 - 0    Heartland FC O… View events More info
Sun 29/08/10 CCL Heartland FC O…     2 - 1    Ismaily View events More info

HERE IS AN ASSESSMENT OF SIASIA'S COACHING ABILITIES,
NIGERIANS WE ARE SO PATHETIC. NO WONDER MEDIOCRITY IS THE ORDER OF THE DAY.

At times statistics can be misleading and if "spinned", used as propaganda.  The woeful campaign of Heartland began long before Sia1 took over. Also, at the club level you often have a set of players that are on contract, loan, or transfer, unlike national teams (i.e. U20, U-23, etc) where you have a larger and available group to freely choose from.

Infact, Sia1 had more national team coaching experience than many who were appointed to take their sides to the last WC, some who never even coached at the U23 level. Why not post his overall record, including his grooming and coaching players that include Osaze, Taiwo, Mikel, and against players that are terrorizing the world (i.e. Messi)?

If Sia1 isnt your bet for a coach, then why hire a European that doesnt know, respect, or care about your country (Berti Vogts) and youth instead of a descent indigenous coach.
Re: Nigeria To Advertise Coaching Position! by honeric01(m): 6:14pm On Sep 05, 2010
mens dept:

At times statistics can be misleading and if "spinned", used as propaganda.  The woeful campaign of Heartland began long before Sia1 took over. Also, at the club level you often have a set of players that are on contract, loan, or transfer, unlike national teams (i.e. U20, U-23, etc) where you have a larger and available group to freely choose from.

Infact, Sia1 had more national team coaching experience than many who were appointed to take their sides to the last WC, some who never even coached at the U23 level. Why not post his overall record, including his grooming and coaching players that include Osaze, Taiwo, Mikel, and against players that are terrorizing the world (i.e. Messi)?

If Sia1 isnt your bet for a coach, then why hire a European that doesnt know, respect, or care about your country (Berti Vogts) and youth instead of a descent indigenous coach.

You don't even know what you are saying, Heartland was doing well before the coach was sacked, they got to the final of the Caf champions league, on their way there, they beat Kano pillars 5 : 0 on aggregate ( the same Kano pillars that removed Al Alhy Heartland couldn't beat under siasia).

So don't come here with that talk abeg.
Re: Nigeria To Advertise Coaching Position! by mensdept: 6:24pm On Sep 05, 2010
honeric01:

You don't even know what you are saying, Heartland was doing well before the coach was sacked, they got to the final of the Caf champions league, on their way there, they beat Kano pillars 5 : 0 on aggregate ( the same Kano pillars that removed Al Alhy Heartland couldn't beat under siasia).

So don't come here with that talk abeg.

My friend shut up jah'

Just stop and ask yourself why the "late" appointment of Sia1 in the first place. Heartland just finished 8TH in the league. We are not talking of LAST YEAR, but their current form, which if you follow CURRENT NEWS, wasnt good enough to go far. Their former coach, Emeteole, attributes his sacking as a result of that and management problems in the club( i.e. player bonuses, strikes, etc.)

"My players were always demanding because they owe them a lot, the players were always going on strike." Emeteole told BBC Sport.

"And they [club management] said that I and my chief coach are the brain behind it, that we instigated it.

"But we have been doing a lot to make sure they carry on until money is available," he continued.

Mind your sef angry
Re: Nigeria To Advertise Coaching Position! by honeric01(m): 6:31pm On Sep 05, 2010
^^^^

See who's shutting someone up, they wanted Siasia to come coach them just because they think once he becomes the coach of the SE, he might want to pick some players from heartland to the SE, thereby upping the value of these players (that means more money for heartland, incase these players end up being sought after by bigger and richer clubs).

You sure do not know much about football, if not, you would have asked Siasia why he likes picking up late jobs, the same thing he did with the U-20, he ended up denting his certificate, now he's doing the same with Heartland, who's to blame? NFA or Nigerians this time around?

He has only won 1 match since he took over Heartland in the ACL.

He's not what the money he's asking and i am saying it without fear!
Re: Nigeria To Advertise Coaching Position! by honeric01(m): 6:36pm On Sep 05, 2010
mens dept:

My friend shut up jah'

Just stop and ask yourself why the "late" appointment of Sia1 in the first place. Heartland just finished 8TH in the league. We are not talking of LAST YEAR, but their current form, which if you follow CURRENT NEWS, wasnt good enough to go far. Their former coach, Emeteole, attributes his sacking as a result of that and management problems in the club( i.e. player bonuses, strikes, etc.)

"My players were always demanding because they owe them a lot, the players were always going on strike." Emeteole told BBC Sport.

"And they [club management] said that I and my chief coach are the brain behind it, that we instigated it.

"But we have been doing a lot to make sure they carry on until money is available," he continued.

Mind your sef angry

They finished 8th on the table, not because they weren't good enough, but because they channeled their manpower towards the champions league (they also had small team size), they finished as the 2nd runner up in the caf champions league behind TP mazembe, Emeteole was not sacked because they finished 8th, he was sacked for the reasons i highlighted below, they just wanted something to use as an excuse to have him sacked, so forget the yeye quote you dey quote.

The same players you claim they are to go on strike because of not being paid finished 2nd in ACL, so wetin be your point? undecided
Re: Nigeria To Advertise Coaching Position! by mensdept: 6:44pm On Sep 05, 2010
honeric01:

^^^^

See who's shutting someone up, they wanted Siasia to come coach them just because they think once he becomes the coach of the SE, he might want to pick some players from heartland to the SE, thereby upping the value of these players (that means more money for heartland, incase these players end up being sought after by bigger and richer clubs).

You sure do not know much about football, if not, you would have asked Siasia why he likes picking up late jobs, the same thing he did with the U-20, he ended up denting his certificate, now he's doing the same with Heartland, who's to blame? NFA or Nigerians this time around?

He has only won 1 match since he took over Heartland in the ACL.

He's not what the money he's asking and i am saying it without fear!

My goodness,

Why would he want to upgrade the Heartland players into Super Eagles and forget the remaining 900+ pool of players Naija has? Didnt you see the squad list against Madagascar? Were there not plenty of local players that Eguavoen took? Even the u20/23 players often come from the domestic league.

Look, if you were given 300k a month for 3, 4, even 5 months prior to the World Cup, without playing any meaningful friendlies until weeks till the opening match to coach SE or England, wouldn't you? Well, Lagerback and Ericksson both did, and Ivory Coast and Nigeria are the 1s they are chanting in Europe as the mumus.

Keshi coached floppy Mali, Chukwu was in Kenya for sometime before taking the Naija job.

Where was Amodu coaching before his appointment two years ago? If Sia1 likes, he can coach the Botswana team, which by the way, is leading their ANC group, ahead of Tunisia
Re: Nigeria To Advertise Coaching Position! by mensdept: 6:50pm On Sep 05, 2010
honeric01:

They finished 8th on the table, not because they weren't good enough, but because they channeled their manpower towards the champions league (they also had small team size), they finished as the 2nd runner up in the caf champions league behind TP mazembe, Emeteole was not sacked because they finished 8th, he was sacked for the reasons i highlighted below, they just wanted something to use as an excuse to have him sacked, so forget the yeye quote you dey quote.

The same players you claim they are to go on strike because of not being paid finished 2nd in ACL, so wetin be your point? undecided

They channeled their energy in the champions league? That sounds like an England excuse when they fail (Our players are burnt out from the Club competitions eh).

Emeteole was sacked because they had a bad season and were entering the Champions League matches. Amodu was sacked in 2002 under the same circumstances in Mali ANC. Those "yeye" quotes must have come from a "yeye" coach abi?
Re: Nigeria To Advertise Coaching Position! by honeric01(m): 7:02pm On Sep 05, 2010
mens dept:

My goodness,

Why would he want to upgrade the Heartland players into Super Eagles and forget the remaining 900+ pool of players Naija has? Didnt you see the squad list against Madagascar? Were there not plenty of local players that Eguavoen took? Even the u20/23 players often come from the domestic league.

Look, if you were given 300k a month for 3, 4, even 5 months prior to the World Cup, without playing any meaningful friendlies until weeks till the opening match to coach SE or England, wouldn't you? Well, Lagerback and Ericksson both did, and Ivory Coast and Nigeria are the 1s they are chanting in Europe as the mumus.

Keshi coached floppy Mali, Chukwu was in Kenya for sometime before taking the Naija job.

Where was Amodu coaching before his appointment two years ago? If Sia1 likes, he can coach the Botswana team, which by the way, is leading their ANC group, ahead of Tunisia

I can't continue with you because you are failing to see the points, WHO FORCED SIASIA into taking up jobs he knew were late? he forced him into it?

I said some of the players, now you are bringing up 90%, hehehe, you are a joke hehehehe, infact, i don tire for u joor. grin grin grin, how many Local players did you see on Eguavoen list? only 1 started the match (Nwabili), then he brought in Otekpa (these 2 are only the HB he used).

Like i said, we are talking about Siasia here and why i believe he does not deserve what he's asking for, so cut me the long sermon about other coaches.

Before Amodu was employed, he was already tested and had past performances to boast of (same SE), and he never asked for $100k PER MONTH!!!

So no comparison here bro.
Re: Nigeria To Advertise Coaching Position! by Ranoscky(m): 7:05pm On Sep 05, 2010
Mens dept

No need for me to say more b'cos, u'v said it all!
I no know wen naija go stop to dey C "white" skin as "grin Best". say na dem sabi pass. i just taya for dis country! angry
Westerhof is d only coach dat i can rate above siasia in terms of coache's dat'v handled d SE, so dia4, Let d NFF pay siasia d money he's demandin, n even pay him d sign on fee for he deserve's it!
Re: Nigeria To Advertise Coaching Position! by honeric01(m): 7:07pm On Sep 05, 2010
mens dept:

They channeled their energy in the champions league? That sounds like an England excuse when they fail (Our players are burnt out from the Club competitions eh).

Emeteole was sacked because they had a bad season and were entering the Champions League matches. Amodu was sacked in 2002 under the same circumstances in Mali ANC. Those "yeye" quotes must have come from a "yeye" coach abi?

hehehe, the quote came from the Heartland Admin who wanted something to lean on in other to have him sacked, hence that quote.

Yes, do you know the size of Heartland's squad? yet, this same man almost won them the champions league, man let just ignore these people, lets face Siasia, why take a job that you knew had a short time? is it because of the $5k they pay him or what? why dent your certificate for $5k? he's denting it further, wait until the NFA starts using his Heartland records in judging him. (A coach is as good as his last performance).
Re: Nigeria To Advertise Coaching Position! by honeric01(m): 7:09pm On Sep 05, 2010
There is a coach out there that i am looking to too, he's known as Maurice Coreman, he's been coaching in Nigeria for 10yrs now and knows alot about our HB mentality.

He has won the league, FA cup with different clubs in Nigeria.

This siasia surrounds himself with foreign assistants, it's not like he's working on his own, he's also going to be working with these "whites" that have failed us of recent.
Re: Nigeria To Advertise Coaching Position! by mensdept: 7:36pm On Sep 05, 2010
Ranoscky:

Mens dept

No need for me to say more b'cos, u'v said it all!
I no know wen naija go stop to dey C "white" skin as "grin Best". say na dem sabi pass. i just taya for dis country! angry
Westerhof is d only coach dat i can rate above siasia in terms of coache's dat'v handled d SE, so dia4, Let d NFF pay siasia d money he's demandin, n even pay him d sign on fee for he deserve's it!

Beta Person
Re: Nigeria To Advertise Coaching Position! by mensdept: 7:42pm On Sep 05, 2010
honeric01:

I said some of the players, now you are bringing up 90%, hehehe, you are a joke hehehehe, infact, i don tire for u joor.  grin grin grin, how many Local players did

And who is laughing with you.

I thought you don tire?

Anyway, you have and are entitled to your own opinion, no matter how wayward some of us find it. If Mr Maurice as you say is coach, or Sia1 is coach, or Maradona con carry Naija coach position, let us stop this nonsense of saying Siasia is not qualified, because he is.
Re: Nigeria To Advertise Coaching Position! by honeric01(m): 7:59pm On Sep 05, 2010
mens dept:

And who is laughing with you.

I thought you don tire?

Anyway, you have and are entitled to your own opinion, no matter how wayward some of us find it. If Mr Maurice as you say is coach, or Sia1 is coach, or Maradona con carry Naija coach position, let us stop this nonsense of saying Siasia is not qualified, because he is.

Hehehehe, you can read abi? where in my post did i say he's not qualified? i said he's not worth the $100k he's demanding per month, now can you kindly point out where i said he's not qualified? undecided
Re: Nigeria To Advertise Coaching Position! by mensdept: 8:09pm On Sep 05, 2010
honeric01:

Hehehehe, you can read abi? where in my post did i say he's not qualified? i said he's not worth the $100k he's demanding per month, now can you kindly point out where i said he's not qualified? undecided

Now now, you cant have your cake and eat it, no matter how  chocolate, creamy, and sugary it is little 01.

So, all those things you dey talk siiiiiiiiince, was just to say he actually is qualified, yet not for 100k?  So if Mourinho or Ferguson are qualified for you, what are you to say if they ask for 300k a month?
Re: Nigeria To Advertise Coaching Position! by honeric01(m): 8:21pm On Sep 05, 2010
^^^^

What are you saying self? so you have been "arguing" with me without reading my comments?

He's asking for TOO MUCH with his current qualification, he's not worth $100K per month, got it now? undecided
Re: Nigeria To Advertise Coaching Position! by mensdept: 8:43pm On Sep 05, 2010
honeric01:

^^^^

What are you saying self? so you have been "arguing" with me without reading my comments?

He's asking for TOO MUCH with his current qualification, he's not worth $100K per month, got it now? undecided

How can I "get it" when you, the writer of your own post, doesn't get it.

This is your assignment and you must complete it within the hour. shocked

Can you in one sentence say what you actually have been trying to say today on why Sia1 isnt' worth 100k?
Re: Nigeria To Advertise Coaching Position! by honeric01(m): 9:14pm On Sep 05, 2010
^^^

You want me to do the comprehending on your behalf? hehehe, sorry, i ain't jobless, if you have not been able to deduct anything from the list post, then i can't help you!!! embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Nigeria To Advertise Coaching Position! by Nobody: 7:58am On Sep 06, 2010
Princek12:

How has God supplied your needs? Rubbish! So demanding a salary that would have been paid to a white man is not putting his country first? I bet all those policemen who collect money in illegal roadblocks can also make claim that God has more than supplied their needs, I guess according to his riches in glory.

Its so sad that we cannot look beyound our mypopic image and focus on greater pictures and in so doing miss many oppurtunites in life. Let me tell you how God supplies my needs. I dont buy clothes, i have 2 boutiques who give me gift certificates worth N20k each month, I have a salon where i do my hair, spa and nails free, I have transportation free, I have a resturant that brings me free lunch, eeven though i dont eat out much, I get N15 worth of phone credit each month and a whole lot more. I did not go begging for these things but people see my work and offer to support in their little ways
Am not trying to boast but to answer your question. I am a social worker and I do Gods Business and believe me Gods business is very good business. I walked away from a well paying job to do what i do today becuase i love my conutry and want to contribute my quota to see that children get access to education.
My point is, if you have a talent and a calling, focus more on doing a good job and not so much on money, if Siasia took the job and builds a strong team, He does not even have to ask for increament in pay.
We have built a culture of money money money
Re: Nigeria To Advertise Coaching Position! by Adim2010: 11:52am On Sep 06, 2010
I will personally advise Samson Siasia not to re apply for that post. Let him leave NFF & its executive on whatever decision they want to take.
Re: Nigeria To Advertise Coaching Position! by Nwogeneugo: 1:39pm On Sep 07, 2010
where is it a sin to value urself properly,
part of amodu's problem was no self worth, if we do not hire Sis1, it is our own loss.
berti vogts is he better than sia1, what is his pedigree,
i like a man/woman that knows their selfworth, it means they know what to do, the special one is
special because his ego matches his abilities,
what we do not want is one yeye local coach who cannot stand up for what he wants and can do.
Siasia leave let them take any one they want, when you pay peanuts-
of course na monkey go dey work for you

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top 10 Richest Owners Of Football Club / 2023/24 Nigeria Premier League Season All matches / Fitness Equipment In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.