Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,358 members, 7,940,393 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 03:06 AM

The Lies Of Rapture Teaching Exposed - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Lies Of Rapture Teaching Exposed (2456 Views)

Deconstructing The Lies & Myth of Consensual Adult Homosexuality/Same Sex Union / The Biblically Estimated Time Of Rapture : Mid -tribulation / The Aftermath Of Rapture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Lies Of Rapture Teaching Exposed by paxonel(m): 11:19pm On Mar 18, 2019
A lot of christians think that certain verses of matthew 24 was referring to rapture, but when you look at the scripture properly or read between the lines, you will discover that rapture was never the case. For instance, these scriptures were mere figure of speeches or parables which actually meant what will happen when Jesus was coming to die for the sins of mankind 2000 years ago, not what will happen in our future as rapture.
Because at the end of the parable, Jesus categorically says "this generation shall not pass(referring to the generation of israel at that time, 2000 years ago, not today.) until all these things be fulfulled

Matt 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
Now dont mistaken this to be coming in the clouds of heaven, it is a parable and it means HEAVEN ON EARTH or put it this way, God's kingdom on earth.
If you read other parables of jesus and relate it, Jesus described Gods kingdom using events of humans on earth. (Matt 13:24, matt 13:31 & 33).
So the clouds of heaven there literally means activities of humans on earth like sowing seeds, leaven hidden in bread, investing money as shown in the parable of talent (money)

Matt 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
Sound of the trumpet here in another parable :it literally means using trumpet as a means to notify and call people to become Jesus disciples in those days (2000 years ago before jesus was crucified).
The elect there, refers to Jesus disciples or followers.

It also occurred to me that the sound of the trumpet here has nothing to do with the sound of the trumpet in 1 cor 15:52 and 1 thes 4:16. They are not the same event

Matt 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
You see what i am talking about ?
Everything prophesied here in this matthew 24 have been fulfilled in that generation (2000 years ago).
The trumpet sounded that generation(people were called by trumpet to follow christ that generation and be his disciples),so. It has already been fulfilled

Now look at this one that got me thinking

Matt 24:40 Then shall two be in the field(referring to people of that generation 2000 years ago, not today or our future) the one shall be taken, and the other left.
2000 years ago before jesus was crucified, there was the situation where two people working in the field were called to follow christ and be among his disciples, one obeyed the call and became part of jesus disciples and the other rejected the call and was left behind.
Matthew 4:22And they immediately left the ship and their father, and followed him.
That means, their father was left behind while they were taken.

What are we saying in all these?
The idea that rapture is going to take place in our current day future is a big scam.
It all happened and was filled 2000 years ago, that generation did not pass until all those things mentioned in matthew 24 was fillfilled.

1 Like

Re: The Lies Of Rapture Teaching Exposed by paxonel(m): 12:32am On Mar 19, 2019
Yes, and you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free from the fear of rapture
Re: The Lies Of Rapture Teaching Exposed by paxonel(m): 5:39pm On Mar 19, 2019
Yes, be free
Re: The Lies Of Rapture Teaching Exposed by paxonel(m): 3:37pm On Mar 20, 2019
Yes
Re: The Lies Of Rapture Teaching Exposed by paxonel(m): 8:30am On Mar 21, 2019
Christians living 0001 AD were told that rapture will happen very soon in their time, but here we are in 2019 people are still waiting.

I was told in children church when i was 5 ,that it will happen that same year . I am adult now waiting, people are waiting.

Yes some foolish people are still preaching it today.

What a big scam.

2 Likes

Re: The Lies Of Rapture Teaching Exposed by Sunnyshinylight(f): 11:59pm On Apr 17, 2019
Acts 1:10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; 1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

The Almighty God who is Spirit will open your understanding of the mystery of the gospel. You are coming, keep striving to attain the Holy Ghost. You've not been born, you are chosen to know but knowledge has puffed up your mind. Calm down seek to know the comforter which is the Lord God Almighty.

1 Like

Re: The Lies Of Rapture Teaching Exposed by paxonel(m): 6:56am On Apr 18, 2019
Sunnyshinylight:
Acts 1:10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; 1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

The Almighty God who is Spirit will open your understanding of the mystery of the gospel. You are coming, keep striving to attain the Holy Ghost. You've not been born, you are chosen to know but knowledge has puffed up your mind. Calm down seek to know the comforter which is the Lord God Almighty.
let me ask you a simple question.

Revelation 21:24 says And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.

Take not of the embolded, THE KINGS OF THE EARTH

Now the question is ,how did the kings of the earth have access to the holy city mentioned in revelation 21 if the city was not located on this earth?

Assuming the city was raptured and is located in heaven above the clouds, did these kings use ladder to climb up the clouds in order to present their gifts to the city?

Say something about this, i want to hear your opinion about this.

Revelation is like a summary of everything revealed to John the beloved .

But if your answer is that, the kings did not use ladder and the city is located right here on earth, certainly what the angel meant to say in Act 1:11
(..shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven ) has no correlation with rapture but is simply depicting the second coming of christ which is the moment anyone dies.

Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

So, jesus is coming to judge us the very day we die, that isnt rapture.
Re: The Lies Of Rapture Teaching Exposed by Sunnyshinylight(f): 7:59am On Apr 18, 2019
paxonel:
let me ask you a simple question.

Revelation 21:24 says And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.

Take not of the embolded, THE KINGS OF THE EARTH

Now the question is ,how did the kings of the earth have access to the holy city mentioned in revelation 21 if the city was not located on this earth?

Assuming the city was raptured and is located in heaven above the clouds, did these kings use ladder to climb up the clouds in order to present their gifts to the city?

Say something about this, i want to hear your opinion about this.

Revelation is like a summary of everything revealed to John the beloved .

But if your answer is that, the kings did not use ladder and the city is located right here on earth, certainly what the angel meant to say in Act 1:11
(..shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven ) has no correlation with rapture but is simply depicting the second coming of christ which is the moment anyone dies.

Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

So, jesus is coming to judge us the very day we die, that isnt rapture.

Revelation 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

Same ancient word, the angels did mentioned, he was taken up by the clouds and he's coming with the clouds and EVERY EYES SHALL SEE CHRIST! AND THEY ALSO WHICH PIERCED HIM AND ALL THE KINDREDS OF THE EARTH SHALL WAIL BECAUSE OF THE SIGHTS OF THE GLORIOUS DAY.

THE HOPE OF GLORY IN US, DO YOU EVEN GRASP WHAT YOU ARE SAYING??

YOU BETTER JUST SHUT UP AND STOP TALKING BECAUSE YOU ARE FAR AWAY FROM THE TRUTH WHO IS GOD ALMIGHTY, YOU ARE OUTSIDE THE KINGDOM, OPERATING FROM YOUR SENSES.

Like we did mentioned, you are chosen, but you have severed your fellowship with the Holy Ghost, you do not understand the scriptures and the power of the Age to come.

He that's born of the flesh is natural, as we have borne the image of Adam so shall we bear the image of the Christ, the power and the wisdom of God Almighty. We haven't seen the unity of faith and the full stature of CHRIST ON earth just yet.

You need to realise that there is going to be a new earth and heaven in days coming.... it's coming.... All the apostles of Christ Jesus wrote about it including the great apostle Paul. Stop teaching demonic gospel.

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 2:16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

2:17 And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus; 2:18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some. 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

Be careful with yourself, you know just a little. Study some more please. Stop saying what is too high for you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Lies Of Rapture Teaching Exposed by Sunnyshinylight(f): 8:03am On Apr 18, 2019
By his grace, we will organise a teaching section for you and enlightening you about now and the future by the Holy Ghost
Re: The Lies Of Rapture Teaching Exposed by Sunnyshinylight(f): 12:08pm On Apr 19, 2019
1 Corinthians 4:5 Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.

The Lord Christ Jesus our Lord Jesus, He is coming, He is not here yet, but surely.....

Hebrews 10:37 For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry. 10:38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.

Love you brother, don't inherit wrath from God Almighty for adding or subtracting the Holy word of God Almighty......... replacing it with your traditions.

Study abroad, study abroad study abroad study abroad study abroad..... Know the Holy Ghost , the ANOINTING CHRIST JESUS....!!!!
Re: The Lies Of Rapture Teaching Exposed by paxonel(m): 8:48pm On Apr 19, 2019
Sunnyshinylight:

Revelation 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.
before i comment on this let me ask you this question and i want a sincere answer from you.
Have you ever heard of figure of speech thought atleast in secondary school level English language, what are figure of speech to you?
And give me one example grin

YOU BETTER JUST SHUT UP AND STOP TALKING BECAUSE YOU ARE FAR AWAY FROM THE TRUTH WHO IS GOD ALMIGHTY, YOU ARE OUTSIDE THE KINGDOM, OPERATING FROM YOUR SENSES.
calm down! You dont have to be emotionally nasty. We are all learning this thing and thank God you quoted study to show yourself approved.

Please what are figure of speaches?
I want a straight answer from you, lets come from there grin
Re: The Lies Of Rapture Teaching Exposed by paxonel(m): 9:02pm On Apr 19, 2019
Sunnyshinylight:
By his grace, we will organise a teaching section for you and enlightening you about now and the future by the Holy Ghost
i asked you a question.

how did the kings of the earth have access to the holy city mentioned in revelation 21:24 if the city was not located on this earth?

You didnt bother to answer the question.
You didnt bother to even mention the revelation 21:24 and say your opinion about it, rather you were saying many things that didnt concern the question.

Is that how you are going to enlighten me?

Do you realise that scriptures are contextual and everything no matter how compressed they are, are self-explanatory?
And nothing written in the bible is hidden under the sun that should not come to light for everyone to see?

Ok, you have to understand whatever truth you are telling people has to be realistic.
You must come out constructively or you are not really teaching.

So i need a constructive answers from these simple questions.
1. What are figurative language? (before i start making comment on the other aspect, because i want to be very sure whether you understand all what you have been saying grin)
2. how did the kings of the earth have access to the holy city mentioned in revelation 21:24 ,did they use ladder to climb up to the city?

Study to show yourself approved ,
I want to study, please teach me
Re: The Lies Of Rapture Teaching Exposed by denisbid: 1:40pm On Apr 20, 2019
paxonel:
i asked you a question.

how did the kings of the earth have access to the holy city mentioned in revelation 21:24 if the city was not located on this earth?

You didnt bother to answer the question.
You didnt bother to even mention the revelation 21:24 and say your opinion about it, rather you were saying many things that didnt concern the question.

Is that how you are going to enlighten me?

Do you realise that scriptures are contextual and everything no matter how compressed they are, are self-explanatory?
And nothing written in the bible is hidden under the sun that should not come to light for everyone to see?

Ok, you have to understand whatever truth you are telling people has to be realistic.
You must come out constructively or you are not really teaching.

So i need a constructive answers from these simple questions.
1. What are figurative language? (before i start making comment on the other aspect, because i want to be very sure whether you understand all what you have been saying grin)
2. how did the kings of the earth have access to the holy city mentioned in revelation 21:24 ,did they use ladder to climb up to the city?

Study to show yourself approved ,
I want to study, please teach me
this is a sensitive but valid argument you raise here.

But if you say there is no rapture what that means christians are not leaving this sinful world.
Then what is the hope for us being believers?
Re: The Lies Of Rapture Teaching Exposed by paxonel(m): 5:34pm On Apr 20, 2019
denisbid:
this is a sensitive but valid argument you raise here.

But if you say there is no rapture what that means christians are not leaving this sinful world.
Then what is the hope for us being believers?
the hope is resurrection, not rapture.
I mean, rapture was never mentioned anywhere in the bible.

I think this idea of rapture was invented by the roman catholic a very long time ago.
The funny thing is, the roman catholic did not write bible.
From researches, christianity and the bible has been in existence long before the roman catholic and rapture was never a doctrine, not even among early christians in the bible.

Now, you remember, the same roman catholic postulated the idea that the earth was flat and not spherical in shape and a lot of christians believed that error until Gallelio came and challenge the idea.

If someone does not come out someday to challenge the idea of rapture the world will continue to have that wrong mindset and not take their present life very seriously.
Re: The Lies Of Rapture Teaching Exposed by flexybobo: 6:44am On Apr 30, 2019
Sunnyshinylight:
you are not sincere!

Answer the questions the op put foward you run into hiding
Re: The Lies Of Rapture Teaching Exposed by flexybobo: 6:46am On Apr 30, 2019
paxonel:

I think this idea of rapture was invented by the roman catholic a very long time ago.
From researches, christianity and the bible has been in existence long before the roman catholic and rapture was never a doctrine, not even among early christians in the bible.

Now, you remember, the same roman catholic postulated the idea that the earth was flat and not spherical in shape and a lot of christians believed that error until Gallelio came and challenge the idea.

If someone does not come out someday to challenge the idea of rapture the world will continue to have that wrong mindset and not take their present life very seriously.
not the world.

Christians
Re: The Lies Of Rapture Teaching Exposed by OkCornel(m): 12:32pm On Apr 30, 2019
paxonel:

Gbam! May the God of all Truth bless you for this.

1 Like

Re: The Lies Of Rapture Teaching Exposed by herlecks(m): 3:22pm On Apr 30, 2019
The rapture (as they call it) will happen, but until after the persecution of the saints and the tribulation of the world. Resurrection unto life (first resurrection) and rapture will happen simultaneously. The second resurrection is a resurrection unto judgment. Only the martyrs and the tribulation saints will partake of the first resurrection, and everybody else the second resurrection. If we miss the first resurrection then we must pass through judgment, if our names are written in the book of life then we shall pass unto life. The rapture is a valid event but the dating is always wrong. It will only happen when most of the saints have been persecuted and destroyed, forced to receive the mark of the beast, killed, afterwards the tribulation shall befall the world who have killed God's saints, not the saints. After the tribulation then shall Christ appear. This is the joy of the saints for it is time to seize the kingdom and rule it with an iron rod. There will be a rapture.

End Time Persecution of The Saint — Daniel 11:31-39, Revelation 13, 2 Timothy 3:12.
[31]And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.
[32]And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.
[33]And they that understand among the people shall instruct many: yet they shall fall by the sword, and by flame, by captivity, and by spoil, many days.
[34]Now when they shall fall, they shall be holpen with a little help: but many shall cleave to them with flatteries.
[35]And some of them of understanding shall fall, to try them, and to purge, and to make them white, even to the time of the end: because it is yet for a time appointed.
[36]And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done.
[37]Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.
[38]But in his estate shall he honour the God of forces: and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honour with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things.
[39]Thus shall he do in the most strong holds with a strange god, whom he shall acknowledge and increase with glory: and he shall cause them to rule over many, and shall divide the land for gain.

Second Coming of Christ — Revelation 19:11-16, 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17
[13]But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
[14]For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
[15]For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
[16]For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
[17]Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
Revelation 11-16
[11]And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
[12]His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
[13]And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
[14]And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
[15]And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
[16]And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
Re: The Lies Of Rapture Teaching Exposed by paxonel(m): 5:35pm On Apr 30, 2019
flexybobo:
not the world.

Christians
ok, whatever!
Re: The Lies Of Rapture Teaching Exposed by paxonel(m): 6:53pm On Apr 30, 2019
herlecks:
The rapture (as they call it) will happen, but until after the persecution of the saints and the tribulation of the world. Resurrection unto life (first resurrection) and rapture will happen simultaneously. The second resurrection is a resurrection unto judgment. Only the martyrs and the tribulation saints will partake of the first resurrection, and everybody else the second resurrection. If we miss the first resurrection then we must pass through judgment, if our names are written in the book of life then we shall pass unto life. The rapture is a valid event but the dating is always wrong. It will only happen when most of the saints have been persecuted and destroyed, forced to receive the mark of the beast, killed, afterwards the tribulation shall befall the world who have killed God's saints, not the saints. After the tribulation then shall Christ appear. This is the joy of the saints for it is time to seize the kingdom and rule it with an iron rod. There will be a rapture.
do you agree with me now that there is nothing in this story appears in any of the scriture you quoted below, therefore the story is false?

End Time Persecution of The Saint — Daniel 11:31-39, Revelation 13, 2 Timothy 3:12.
[31]And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.
[32]And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.
[33]And they that understand among the people shall instruct many: yet they shall fall by the sword, and by flame, by captivity, and by spoil, many days.
[34]Now when they shall fall, they shall be holpen with a little help: but many shall cleave to them with flatteries.
[35]And some of them of understanding shall fall, to try them, and to purge, and to make them white, even to the time of the end: because it is yet for a time appointed.
[36]And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done.
[37]Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.
[38]But in his estate shall he honour the God of forces: and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honour with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things.
[39]Thus shall he do in the most strong holds with a strange god, whom he shall acknowledge and increase with glory: and he shall cause them to rule over many, and shall divide the land for gain.

Second Coming of Christ — Revelation 19:11-16, 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17
[13]But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
[14]For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
[15]For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
[16]For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
[17]Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
Revelation 11-16
[11]And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
[12]His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
[13]And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
[14]And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
[15]And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
[16]And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

what if all these prophesies of daniel and revelation happened at the time jesus died and resurrected about 2000 years ago and not in our future?
Because,
Acts 2:17 says And it shall come to pass in the last days,saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy....
Remember the apostles prophesied and spoke in tongues on that day.
This happened on the day of pentecost about 2000 years ago after christ resurrected and not in anyway our future or present day.

That means the last day was the day of that pentecost after jesus resurrected.

It therefore follows that all these prophesies of daniel and revelation happened within that period, what do you think?
Re: The Lies Of Rapture Teaching Exposed by Shepherd00: 7:16pm On Apr 30, 2019
Sunnyshinylight:
Pls, stop wasting your time on Pax, he is spiritually dead. You've not observed you are the only one responding to him?

He tries very hard to preach a gospel he knows nothing abt.
Re: The Lies Of Rapture Teaching Exposed by Shepherd00: 7:21pm On Apr 30, 2019
paxonel:
A lot of christians think that certain verses of matthew 24 was referring to rapture, but when you look at the scripture properly or read between the lines, you will discover that rapture was never the case. For instance, these scriptures were mere figure of speeches or parables which actually meant what will happen when Jesus was coming to die for the sins of mankind 2000 years ago, not what will happen in our future as rapture.
Because at the end of the parable, Jesus categorically says "this generation shall not pass(referring to the generation of israel at that time, 2000 years ago, not today.) until all these things be fulfulled

Matt 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
Now dont mistaken this to be coming in the clouds of heaven, it is a parable and it means HEAVEN ON EARTH or put it this way, God's kingdom on earth.
If you read other parables of jesus and relate it, Jesus described Gods kingdom using events of humans on earth. (Matt 13:24, matt 13:31 & 33).
So the clouds of heaven there literally means activities of humans on earth like sowing seeds, leaven hidden in bread, investing money as shown in the parable of talent (money)

Matt 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
Sound of the trumpet here in another parable :it literally means using trumpet as a means to notify and call people to become Jesus disciples in those days (2000 years ago before jesus was crucified).
The elect there, refers to Jesus disciples or followers.

It also occurred to me that the sound of the trumpet here has nothing to do with the sound of the trumpet in 1 cor 15:52 and 1 thes 4:16. They are not the same event

Matt 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
You see what i am talking about ?
Everything prophesied here in this matthew 24 have been fulfilled in that generation (2000 years ago).
The trumpet sounded that generation(people were called by trumpet to follow christ that generation and be his disciples),so. It has already been fulfilled

Now look at this one that got me thinking

Matt 24:40 Then shall two be in the field(referring to people of that generation 2000 years ago, not today or our future) the one shall be taken, and the other left.
2000 years ago before jesus was crucified, there was the situation where two people working in the field were called to follow christ and be among his disciples, one obeyed the call and became part of jesus disciples and the other rejected the call and was left behind.
Matthew 4:22And they immediately left the ship and their father, and followed him.
That means, their father was left behind while they were taken.

What are we saying in all these?
The idea that rapture is going to take place in our current day future is a big scam.
It all happened and was filled 2000 years ago, that generation did not pass until all those things mentioned in matthew 24 was fillfilled.
In other words Jesus lied about His return to earth? and Apst Paul also lied abi?
Re: The Lies Of Rapture Teaching Exposed by paxonel(m): 10:42pm On Apr 30, 2019
Shepherd00:

In other words Jesus lied about His return to earth? and Apst Paul also lied abi?
Jesus has been returning.
People die everyday.
Anytime you hear anyone dies, that is the return of Jesus to judge the person at his end time.

Heb 9: 27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Everyone have different time for their judgement as their death time differs.

So, that crap or myth that jesus is going to return in the clouds is false.
That was how people wanted to see his return in those days just like how people wanted to see the kingdom of God immediately coming down from the clouds at the time of jesus crucifixion.

Luke 19:11 And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear

So, people can falsely start thinking myth away from reality. eg thinking and hoping that jesus coming from the clouds one day.
But meanwhile, coming from the clouds literally like a parable, may signify death and judgement of men at their last day(day of their death)
Re: The Lies Of Rapture Teaching Exposed by paxonel(m): 11:11pm On Apr 30, 2019
Shepherd00:

Pls, stop wasting your time on Pax, he is spiritually dead. You've not observed you are the only one responding to him?

He tries very hard to preach a gospel he knows nothing abt.
if i were you i will keep my opinion to myself and stop jumping into a thread to call people names like pax .

People who saw the thread and overlooked it are never fools. I do not expect anyone to jump in and comment anyhow, you have to think very well before you do that.
Because

truthful comments can be easily identified only when one is able to link his truth logically and constructively to some other truth that are known,

you dont expect everyone especially in africa to do that, hence few people are commenting on this thread.

He isnt saying he has bought my idea of the gospel, infact he does not need it and i dont even want him or you to understand it.

But those who are going through the thread, atleast some people among them are getting what i am saying without making a comment, and it is something they will go back and look at their bible again and have a second thought. grin

And know that, paul the apostle was very logical and constructive thats why he was boldly outspoken.
But today christians, how can you be boldly outspoken when your truth are full of lies and contraditions?
Re: The Lies Of Rapture Teaching Exposed by herlecks(m): 11:56am On May 01, 2019
paxonel:
do you agree with me now that there is nothing in this story appears in any of the scriture you quoted below, therefore the story is false?
what if all these prophesies of daniel and revelation happened at the time jesus died and resurrected about 2000 years ago and not in our future?
Because,
Acts 2:17 says And it shall come to pass in the last days,saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy....
Remember the apostles prophesied and spoke in tongues on that day.
This happened on the day of pentecost about 2000 years ago after christ resurrected and not in anyway our future or present day.

That means the last day was the day of that pentecost after jesus resurrected.

It therefore follows that all these prophesies of daniel and revelation happened within that period, what do you think?
Paul talked about the "catching away."

Every biblical prophecy has an immediate and future fulfillment.

What has been will be again. The 70th week of Daniel is fulfilled, the next event on the world's timeline is the "falling away," then the "revelation of the man of sin" which will rule over the whole world, forcing every man to take his mark. if you look into the world today you will realise that some folks are working toward the one world government and the one world religion, these folks are preparing the stage for the final Antichrist who will glorify himself above everything called "god." The saints will be persecuted, but for an appointed time. When the Lord shall look into the earth and see the evils of men upon His people then shall the tribulations begin. The persecution of the saints will lead to the tribulation of the world. God is able to keep His saints through the tribulations because it comes from Him. Then shall Christ appear with multitude of His angels to reclaim the kingdom of this earth, the world shall weep when they see Christ appear but it shall be a joy unto the saints because they have been persecuted thus far. Then the martyrs who were murdered for the testimony of Jesus shall rise first to meet Christ in the air, then the "catching away" of the saints which sails through the persecution shall follow, to reign with Christ for a thousand years with iron rod. This is the first resurrection. Then shall Satan be released from his pit to deceive the inhabitants of the world after the thousand years, these shall rise against the Lord and His saints but the Lord will destroy them all. This is when the sun will be darkened an the moon shall lose its light, this present world and heaven shall pass away. Satan shall be seized and cast into the lake of fire. Then the dead shall rise, some to life eternal, others to everlasting condemnation. Other believers who were not martyred over the ages nor end time persecuted saints shall rise with this last group, but unto life everlasting. This is the second resurrection. And all who are not found written in the book of the Lamb shall be cast into the lake of fire. The saints shall receive a spiritual body and walk into the new Jerusalem to reign with the Lord forever.
Re: The Lies Of Rapture Teaching Exposed by paxonel(m): 12:23pm On May 01, 2019
herlecks:
Paul talked about the "catching away."
if you see anything like that, endeavor to read and understand the whole chapter you will discover that he was not in anyway referring to rapture

Every biblical prophecy has an immediate and future fulfillment.
yes!
They were immediate at the time the prophesies were said and it did not take long for the fulfilment.

For instance, Matt 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

So the generation that crucified jesus did not pass until every prophesies of the bible was fulfilled including that of Revelation.

So, we in this generation we have nothing to be scared of in our future, all we need to do is just live our lives freely.
Re: The Lies Of Rapture Teaching Exposed by herlecks(m): 12:34pm On May 01, 2019
The Spirit will be poured out again and again and again and again, until Christ comes. This is called revival.
Re: The Lies Of Rapture Teaching Exposed by herlecks(m): 12:35pm On May 01, 2019
paxonel:
if you see anything like that, endeavor to read and understand the whole chapter you will discover that he was not in anyway referring to rapture
yes!
They were immediate at the time the prophesies were said and it did not take long for the fulfilment.

For instance, Matt 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

So the generation that crucified jesus did not pass until every prophesies of the bible was fulfilled including that of Revelation.

So, we in this generation we have nothing to be scared of in our future, all we need to do is just live our lives freely.
Yea. Now go back to that scripture and study what follows Matthew 24:34.
Re: The Lies Of Rapture Teaching Exposed by herlecks(m): 12:38pm On May 01, 2019
Thessalonians 4:13-17
Re: The Lies Of Rapture Teaching Exposed by herlecks(m): 12:41pm On May 01, 2019
Biblically, this is the order of events.

What has been will be again. The 70th week of Daniel is fulfilled, the next event on the world's timeline is the "falling away," then the "revelation of the man of sin" which will rule over the whole world, forcing every man to take his mark. if you look into the world today you will realise that some folks are working toward the one world government and the one world religion, these folks are preparing the stage for the final Antichrist who will glorify himself above everything called "god." The saints will be persecuted, but for an appointed time. When the Lord shall look into the earth and see the evils of men upon His people then shall the tribulations begin. The persecution of the saints will lead to the tribulation of the world. God is able to keep His saints through the tribulations because it comes from Him. Then shall Christ appear with multitude of His angels to reclaim the kingdom of this earth, the world shall weep when they see Christ appear but it shall be a joy unto the saints because they have been persecuted thus far. Then the martyrs who were murdered for the testimony of Jesus shall rise first to meet Christ in the air, then the "catching away" of the saints which sails through the persecution shall follow, to reign with Christ for a thousand years with iron rod. This is the first resurrection. Then shall Satan be released from his pit to deceive the inhabitants of the world after the thousand years, these shall rise against the Lord and His saints but the Lord will destroy them all. This is when the sun will be darkened an the moon shall lose its light, this present world and heaven shall pass away. Satan shall be seized and cast into the lake of fire. Then the dead shall rise, some to life eternal, others to everlasting condemnation. Other believers who were not martyred over the ages nor end time persecuted saints shall rise with this last group, but unto life everlasting. This is the second resurrection. And all who are not found written in the book of the Lamb shall be cast into the lake of fire. The saints shall receive a spiritual body and walk into the new Jerusalem to reign with the Lord forever
Re: The Lies Of Rapture Teaching Exposed by paxonel(m): 1:38pm On May 01, 2019
All these has been fulfilled, i will tell you how
herlecks:

What has been will be again. The 70th week of Daniel is fulfilled, the next event on the world's timeline is the "falling away," then the "revelation of the man of sin" which will rule over the whole world, forcing every man to take his mark.
the man which will rule over the world was the antichrist. He actually ruled the world in the past.
now like at this.

1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

You will recall that the pharisees denied christ during jesus time?
They even persecute the disciples even after jesus must have resurrected and gone.
What do you call them, are they not antichrist like that?
So these things have been fulfilled.

if you look into the world today you will realise that some folks are working toward the one world government and the one world religion, these folks are preparing the stage for the final Antichrist who will glorify himself above everything called "god."
how do you know that they are antichrist?
Anything can happen in the world, you see things happening co-incidentally dont think they are fullfulment of prophesies.
A lot of things happen by chance.

The saints will be persecuted, but for an appointed time.
pesecution of christians have always been there from time immemorial and it wount stop now

When the Lord shall look into the earth and see the evils of men upon His people then shall the tribulations begin.
what tribulation is that?
Is it the one mentioned in matthew 24?
It happened shortly before jesus was crucified and any of such thing will never happen again.
And guess what that tribulation was?
If i say it here, you will be so marvelled how ignorant we christians have been all these while grin

..Then shall Christ appear with multitude of His angels to reclaim the kingdom of this earth
you have said it all, dont you understand? grin,
Then shall christ appear to reclaim his kingdom on this earth.
This means, immediately after the tribulation christ will appear.
The tribulation occurred shortly before he was crucified,
He appeared on the cross the day he was crucified, he took his glory that very day.
THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS ALREADY ON THIS EARTH RIGHT NOW AS I AM TALKING, WE DONT NEED ANY RAPTURE.
The target is to bring mankind back to glory adam and eve lost in the garden of eden and not to rapture mankind.

the world shall weep when they see Christ appear
The whole world weeped when they saw christ appearing on the cross

but it shall be a joy unto the saints because they have been persecuted thus far.
but the saint rejoice because their sins have been cleansed. Therefore they are read to endure any persecution for christ.

Then the martyrs who were murdered for the testimony of Jesus shall rise first to meet Christ
the martyrs who died in christ will be resurrected just like jesus was resurrected.

in the air,
and the martyrs will meet their lord in the air!
Now, dont get "the air " wrong ,it means CLOUDS.
Heaven or Gods kingdom was quickly associated to the clouds by primitive people of bible days because they used to think that anything beyond the clouds is heaven.
But this modern day people should know better because we are more educated.
For instance,
Acts 7:56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens
opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

Meaning, i see the clouds opened

In summary, THE AIR simply means heaven or Gods kingdom.
And we already know that Gods kingdom right now, is on this earth.

Do you see how the bible can confuse us if we cannot think fast?

Let me stop here,
There are so much to review.
I wish to also talk about the first resurrection you mentioned, although there is nothing like second resurrection, it is second death.

The saints shall receive a spiritual body and walk into the new Jerusalem to reign with the Lord forever.
even this new jerusalem is on this earth. There is absolutely nothing rapture about it
Re: The Lies Of Rapture Teaching Exposed by herlecks(m): 2:29pm On May 01, 2019
paxonel:
All these has been fulfilled, i will tell you how
the man which will rule over the world was the antichrist. He actually ruled the world in the past.
now like at this.

1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

You will recall that the pharisees denied christ during jesus time?
They even persecute the disciples even after jesus must have resurrected and gone.
What do you call them, are they not antichrist like that?
So these things have been fulfilled.
how do you know that they are antichrist?
Anything can happen in the world, you see things happening co-incidentally dont think they are fullfulment of prophesies.
A lot of things happen by chance.
pesecution of christians have always been there from time immemorial and it wount stop now
what tribulation is that?
Is it the one mentioned in matthew 24?
It happened shortly before jesus was crucified and any of such thing will never happen again.
And guess what that tribulation was?
If i say it here, you will be so marvelled how ignorant we christians have been all these while grin
you have said it all, dont you understand? grin,
Then shall christ appear to reclaim his kingdom on this earth.
This means, immediately after the tribulation christ will appear.
The tribulation occurred shortly before he was crucified,
He appeared on the cross the day he was crucified, he took his glory that very day.
THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS ALREADY ON THIS EARTH RIGHT NOW AS I AM TALKING, WE DONT NEED ANY RAPTURE.
The target is to bring mankind back to glory adam and eve lost in the garden of eden and not to rapture mankind.
The whole world weeped when they saw christ appearing on the cross
but the saint rejoice because their sins have been cleansed. Therefore they are read to endure any persecution for christ.
the martyrs who died in christ will be resurrected just like jesus was resurrected.
and the martyrs will meet their lord in the air!
Now, dont get "the air " wrong ,it means CLOUDS.
Heaven or Gods kingdom was quickly associated to the clouds by primitive people of bible days because they used to think that anything beyond the clouds is heaven.
But this modern day people should know better because we are more educated.
For instance,
Acts 7:56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens
opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

Meaning, i see the clouds opened

In summary, THE AIR simply means heaven or Gods kingdom.
And we already know that Gods kingdom right now, is on this earth.

Do you see how the bible can confuse us if we cannot think fast?

Let me stop here,
There are so much to review.
I wish to also talk about the first resurrection you mentioned, although there is nothing like second resurrection, it is second death.
even this new jerusalem is on this earth. There is absolutely nothing rapture about it
And this?

Acts 1:10-11 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Adam & Eve: The Whole Story Doesn't Make Sense - Until Now / I Finally Hacked The Matrix (part 1) / Prophet T.b. Joshua's Kindness!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 163
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.