Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,341 members, 7,940,354 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 12:17 AM

Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti (2834 Views)

Ebola: Catholic And Anglican Church Suspends Handshake During Sign Of Peace / Ebola:handshake Which Signifies `sign Of Peace' No More Allowed In Cath.church / Why Do People Touch Their Chest After Exchanging A Handshake? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti by mukina2: 12:11pm On Apr 27, 2007
i might as well extend my hand to pataki pls its ok now tongue
Re: Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti by belloti(m): 12:56pm On Apr 27, 2007
This didnt hit me as a surprise, i ve always knew Baby can be humane and generous. I would have been suspicious if this came from David. I dont think we are smart if we come here in the forum and say nasty stuffs about our faiths and persons. We all have our differences but this is an elitist fold that requires some level of decency and respect. And there are basic things about our religions that we cant change and we need to respect that.

Baby, i ve always respected you here but i dont agree in many stances and i am not going to change now. But thanks for the handshake and others that seem to share your sentiments. We need to keep this harmony going.
Re: Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti by batu: 1:41pm On Apr 27, 2007
belloti:

Baby, i ve always respected you here, but i don't agree in many stances and i am not going to change now. But thanks for the handshake and others that seem to share your sentiments. We need to keep this harmony going.

@All,
Quite an interesting chain of responses on this "handshaking" thread. My piece is just that anybody who calls himself or herself a Christian and "hates", or harbours any misgiving against, peoples based on religion (Muslims, Ogun worshippers, Ifa worsippers etc) or on 'ethnicity', or on anything, is nothing but a hypocrite or still immature. Because Christians are called to 'Love' and not to hate. In fact, if you read in the book of Isaiah (trying to get the exact chapter and verse) you will see where God declares his love for Arabs (Egypt and Assyria) but His inheritance with Israel. Our "God is Love" (1st John 4) who "loves the whole world so much that He gave his only beggoten son that whosoever believes in Him will not die but have everlasting life". (John 3:16) and that "while we were ('all') yet sinners, Jesus died for us." (emphasis mine)

However, I have never seen anywhere in the Bible where God asked us to love and respect works of evil such as Islam in itself; rather God asked us to reprove or expose ALL works of evil both inside our lives, and outside in the world we live in. In doing this, no doubt we will come against oppositions from the adherents of such faiths; tricks and lies of political correctness; need "to respect each other" and "keep the harmony going" and idioms such as "you to your own religion, and me to mine." I will like to declare that while you all usually talk about 'Taqqiya' which actually is not universal in Islam depending on which sect you belong to; we all need to be very very (x1000) careful of the universal Islamic concept of "HUDNA" (You can research it and get understanding; it is also called 'hudibiyya' or 'khudaibiya'). I love you all 'individually' regardless of your religious or ethnic allifliation; but I will never love (nor respect) a known work or doctrine of evil like Islam because of my love for individual; neither will I keep quiet in reproving/exposing all such works of evil. Why?, because: "The fear (or respect) of man brings a snare, but the fear (or respect) of God is the beginning of wisdom." But my hand, my heart and prayers will remain extended for the 'proverbial' handshake to welcome anybody into the ONE fold, under the ONE and only Sheperd! Peace out!
Re: Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti by babs787(m): 2:45pm On Apr 27, 2007
@batu & davidyan

Your posts are indeed extension of handshake

Good day.
Re: Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti by goodguy(m): 3:18pm On Apr 27, 2007
goodguy visits the religion section of Nairaland.

. . . sees the title of this thread, and the name of the thread starter.  *raises eyebrow*

. . . checks the thread out of curiousity, and reads the post made by babyosisi.  He's completely overwhelmed by the level of her sincerity, and is totally glad at the Christianly attitude she has displayed here.  He's not too surprised though because he knows she's got a good heart afterall.

Now, goodguy scrolls down, reads David's post and is totally disappointed, but not so surprised.

He scrolls down further, reads mrpataki's post, and his expectation was met as usual.  Not surprised at all.

Now going down further, he reads sisimose's response and keeps nodding his head till the end of her post.  She served davidylan excellently.

. . . glances through subsequent posts, and stops to peruse babyosisi's post.  Yet another brilliant one!

Now he reads david's rejoinder to babyosisi's post.  He's impressed!

I totally agree with belloti on this one.

Regards.
Re: Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti by RedLips3(f): 4:39pm On Apr 27, 2007
David are you saying a person can only be a terrorist if it has to do with religion?

berra sharrap and join said handshake jare. tongue
Re: Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti by babs787(m): 4:48pm On Apr 27, 2007
If I am to consider the likes of davidylan and batu, I wouldnt have responded but for my lovely sister Mukina that told me to ignore them. But I have learnt that it has become their nature to always go the other way when an issue is being discussed, so one need to ignore them pretending not to see their posts. I saw his blasphemous pictures in one of those threads (davidyan), there is nothing I can do on that, that would be decided between you and your God. No muslim has ever gone that extreme in uttering blasphemous statements as you have been doing (please provide proof if you have).

Firstly my sincere appreciation goes to babyosis for creating this thread. We have fought, yabbed, insulted, called each other's names but here we are bridging the gap of brotherhood and sisterhood. We at times disagree to agree, though we may not agree to each other's claim. We have our different religion which should be respected by either party. But remember that if one abuse God of one party, the party will surely respond and you may never like it. As I do say, I have christian friends and we respect each other's faith. My appreciation goes to my brother AdKabir too that has been trying to bridge the gap too but has been facing continuous attacks from apologists. My last appreciation goes to shahan, goodguy, stimulus, pilgrims, etc that have been exhibiting a sense of maturity and understanding in diffferent ways. Though we may be of different faith, the fact still remains that we are all children of Adam. Whether we like it or not, we can never all be of the same religion and when this happens, we shouldnt try condenming other's faith but accept them the way they are because only God knows the reason for doing so.

I will like to correct babyosis' impression towards me. Babs as you have said is not hot tempered nor aggressive. If you had known babs, you would known him to be a very jovial, loving, caring, honest, easy going, funny, easy going, shy and above all, has the fear of God. Some of my secret friends can confirm that. If babs is hot tempered as you have been claiming, I would have left all these while when you have been calling me names but like I said, nothing moves babs, he is the jovial type that you would never love missing his company. I treat nairaland as another world, nothing freaks me here. I leave nairaland behind me when I leave my pc.

I so much thank sisimose and viee for their efforts in bringing the gap of understanding, tolerance between the two religion and may God continue to be with you and your household.

My sincere appreciation goes to my brothers and sisters in faith who have been taking patience in explaining the misconceptions about Islam preached by westerners. My appreciation goes to my big brothers: Olabowale, Neoteny, Belloti, Islampride, Drbelloim, Drixie, Abkabir, Ibraheem, Mustay, twinstaiye, oyb etc and my sisters: Mukina, muske etc and those too numerous to remember, May Allah in His infinite Mercy to guide us all (Amin). I thank all of them for their efforts in preaching Islam as a religion of peace even if people may hate it, there is no religion that preaches peace as Islam and there is no religion that go against extremism as Islam. Islam preaches love, peace, patience etc but its very painful how some people hide under the cloak of Islam to do all sorts of atrocities.

@davidylan

Before linking Islam to terrorism, you need to first find out the history of terrorism and you will find out that it cuts across every facet regardless of religion, ethnicity, tribe etc.

@babyosis,

Thanks so much and may it never be the end of our friendship.

Have a swell weekend.

Peace
Re: Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti by hannydarl(f): 6:48pm On Apr 27, 2007
Babs, Babs sometimes you make me want to join in the earlymornning call to go to a mosque and pray(if an infidel will be allowed to enter) I like you i guess your hummility has endeared you to me.It seems you are an epitome of what a moslem should be all these while no insults from you to another.I admire your courage and simplicity keep it up.If all muslems can be like this and christians keep the faith there will be less trouble in the world.My hand shake will go to only those muslems that have proven themselves worthy by their words and action even though we dont have the same beliefs we can at least live together in peace respecting each others religion and right to live.Me davidylan and others like us just want peace we want to raise our feet we want to relax and not having fear when our people travel around other countries for fear of 911 style of attack.WE just wonder why our loved ones get killed for no good reason in this day and age we are just looking for anserws.Its just sad that i think you and a few like you may be considerd softies by your fellow brothers who believe in the violent part of islam.Regards
Re: Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti by olutomiwa(m): 6:46pm On Apr 28, 2007
kai me i no like this handshake wid this people wey see us as unbelievers,lets maintain the tempo at least to show dem sey no be dem get this our country and the whole world,i hope they wont take this peace move as a sign of weakness on our side,anyway babyosis make you dey careful with that handshake make dem no blow u o,as u don show dem pepper on nairaland.
Re: Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti by mukina2: 7:10pm On Apr 28, 2007
some posts are not worth reading!
Re: Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti by RedLips3(f): 7:15pm On Apr 28, 2007
I agree. some people are intent on ruining this thread.

how are you mukina tongue
Re: Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti by mukina2: 7:24pm On Apr 28, 2007
red_lips am cool tongue wink grin

yeah his partners will show up soon cheesy
Re: Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti by Texcee(f): 4:36am On Apr 29, 2007
babyosisi:

I could go on and on
Run into a Nigerian anywhere in the world,he is more likely to be an Igbo man
It's just jealousy.
They are mad,we were not annihilated as Awo dreamt.

Awolowo is dead and rotted and the Igbo man has waxed stronger and stronger.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-7229.0.html#msg666169

I heard that those yoruba women sitting and selling in the market place also defecate in those containers they are sitting on and could be selling you things at the same time.

I heard that they are very dirty also.

I heard they borrow money to do all that owa mbe

that Yorubas are unreliable.

that they are all mouth and no action,remember Jegede Shokoya of masquerade (she even cites an example !)

(she then writes this to cover her tracks:- these are just stereotypes, I'm sure it's not true,there are good and bad in every tribe.)

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-18580.32.html#msg541705

Re: Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti by RedLips3(f): 7:17pm On Apr 29, 2007
Texcee, GET OVER IT.

Gosh I argue with osisi all the time but she's way better than your annoying self.
Re: Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti by Tonim(f): 6:47am On Apr 30, 2007
So many yoruba haters on this Nairaland  embarassed

And Texcee, how do you explain finding a post written since last year ?
Re: Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti by mrpataki(m): 1:11pm On Apr 30, 2007
mukina2:

i might as well extend my hand to pataki please its ok now tongue
It has always been ok betwwen you and I. kiss tongue

@ goodguy,
Sincerely, you make a nuisance of yourself with your postings!

Grow out of it, or else, next time you step to me, aint gonna be easy on you! Alfa Goodguy.
Re: Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti by mrpataki(m): 1:14pm On Apr 30, 2007
@ Batu,
Got the relevance of your post, just wanna add the fact that, God loves the Sinner, and totally abhors, detest the sin in the sinner.

I do not hate a muslim or any unbeliever, but rather the sin called Islam!
Re: Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti by mukina2: 1:16pm On Apr 30, 2007
mrpataki:

It has always been ok betwwen you and I. kiss tongue

we can always go back to war tongue tongue tongue

extend ur old and ugly hand lets shake grin grin
Re: Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti by mrpataki(m): 1:34pm On Apr 30, 2007
I knew you were going to respond to my post! Why cant you just resist me tongue tongue tongue

Sorry no emoticon for handshake, so I will give you this kiss kiss
Re: Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti by mukina2: 1:42pm On Apr 30, 2007
tongue tongue tongue tongue

let me be haba tongue

ok handshake accepted . . cheesy
Re: Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti by gbadex1(m): 1:48pm On Apr 30, 2007
@ ogbeni pataki:

Bobs how far? Long time. O' boy, e be like say Reverend don dey show face cheesy cheesy. Now the slugfest begins! cheesy
Re: Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti by mrpataki(m): 1:57pm On Apr 30, 2007
@ gbade.x,
Been a while now ogbeni! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Dont mind the Reverend, be like say God's hand don dey torture the guy small! He has stopped his idiotic yarns a bit now!

How you dey and the teletubbies cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti by gbadex1(m): 2:00pm On Apr 30, 2007
Hehehehe. . . .Teletubbies are fine cheesy.

There's a new clown on the block though, goes by the name Jennifer. . . .em sorry, Jen33 cheesy!
Re: Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti by gbadex1(m): 2:01pm On Apr 30, 2007

There's a new clown on the block though, goes by the name Jennifer. . . .em sorry, Jen33 cheesy!
Re: Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti by gbadex1(m): 2:01pm On Apr 30, 2007

Re: Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti by goodguy(m): 7:28pm On Jan 13, 2008
9 months later. . .

Whatever happened to the handshakes?! grin
Re: Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti by toshmann(m): 7:42pm On Jan 13, 2008
expired cool
Re: Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti by noetic(m): 7:52pm On Jan 13, 2008
uhmn shocked
Re: Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti by focused(m): 1:56am On Jan 14, 2008
@poster :

What handshake are you extending to all these psychotic donkeys ? They don't understand what peace is all about. Their language is violence, and nothing other than aggressive violence.

I agree with davidylan, that they should be flogged out.

They keep accusing US of so many things, but US has done a lot of good things for the betterment of the world we live in. Can the same be said of Saudi Arabia, who is hell bent on spending her resources on terrorism, just to make sure all countries in this world become an Islamic state.

They claim Islam is a religion of peace, but we see is a direct opposite of peace

In christian countries, they practise their religion freely, and build mosques everywhere, but in Islamic countries, you cannot practise christianity freely. They will never allow you to build any church. The worst thing is that all these so called Islamic countries, Christianity has been existing there thousands of years before their religion of doom comes into existence.

How do you want to explain to people who have lost their innocent loved ones in Nigeria because of the cartoon of Muhammed in the Danish press?

What about the wickedness and the hypocrisy embedded in this so called religion call Islam.

The only thing I thank God for is that we don't have suicide bombers in Nigeria.

God have mercy !!!
Re: Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti by olabowale(m): 3:10pm On Jan 14, 2008
@Focused: What did you do when +Osisi lambasted Yoruba people above? Where is the Christian Country: The Vatican City? There is now a Masjid in the Piazza? Alhamdulillah, if there is. InshaAllah, there will be one, if its there already! O fi ete sile, o npa lapa lapa! You do not have Donkeys are not Muslims! Donkey in Islam connotes people who are not Muslims, for they know that there is true spiritual knowledge, yet they fail to seek it. I am not a one that will tell you that there are no Muslim behaving badly. But in all at least, he/she is not calling a man God Almighty!
Re: Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti by gists: 3:48pm On Jan 14, 2008
focused:

@poster :

What handshake are you extending to all these psychotic donkeys ? They don't understand what peace is all about. Their language is violence, and nothing other than aggressive violence.

I agree with davidylan, that they should be flogged out.

They keep accusing US of so many things, but US has done a lot of good things for the betterment of the world we live in. Can the same be said of Saudi Arabia, who is hell bent on spending her resources on terrorism, just to make sure all countries in this world become an Islamic state.

Its been a long time I came here just because of people with big mouth but with little brains like u. Today Saudi Arabia is one of the biggest allies of the US (ask president Bush himself) so how can the former be sponsoring terrorists when the US has been on the fore front of fighting terrorism (Although I have my reservation on the US anti terror campaign)

What do you have to say about the mosque in Cordoba, Spain that have been converted to church and moslims are denied to worship in it?

I salute Babayosi for the hand of friendship she extended, I wish there are more of such matured attitudes in this section
Re: Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti by osisi5: 6:16pm On Jan 14, 2008
goodguy:

9 months later. . .

Whatever happened to the handshakes?! grin

I've moved on from handshakes.
I'm now dishing out warm hugs

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Prophet Ajanaku's Death: Tope Alabi Reacts With Joy And Appreciation (PHOTO) / Spirit Of Python / Church Confirms Jim Iyke’s Deliverance From Evil Spirits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.