Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,900 members, 7,942,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 04:47 AM

Can Anybody Explain This? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Can Anybody Explain This? (831 Views)

Can Anybody Pls Explain This / 3 Things Microsoft Cannot Explain / Pls Can Anybody Help Me On How To Double Cyberklock Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Anybody Explain This? by aadewale(m): 10:49pm On Apr 26, 2007
Could somebody please explain this?

I use DHCP on my LAN with the exception of a computer which I preferred to put static IP of the same range as the DHCP range. This is neccesary because the one with the staic is the Server while others are cclients that are needed to be pointed to the server,

However, I have observed that sometimes the server already configured with static IP lose the IP address and changes to DHCP. INfact, checking the LAN card reveals that there was no IP on the card. It has changed mysteriously to AUTO IP mode.

I find it baffling. Can somebody expalin this to me.PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Re: Can Anybody Explain This? by Maleeq(m): 10:32am On Apr 27, 2007
Is it the DHCP server that changes to AUTO CONFIG or is it another server you are talking about?
Re: Can Anybody Explain This? by sholasys: 12:09pm On Apr 27, 2007
There are some question u need to answer. How many LAN card is on the server ? If the server is the DHCP Server then it most be a two LAN card on it else u are using a router or and acess point.
u may change that LAn card that is misbehaving.
i WILL JUST ADVICE U TO BY A ROUTER CONFIGURE UR LIFE IP THEN THE ROUTER WILL DO THE REST (DHCP) FOR U
ANS MY Q THEN I OFFER MORE HELP

OLUSHOLA CCNA
Re: Can Anybody Explain This? by Maleeq(m): 12:24pm On Apr 27, 2007
@sholasys

Dont you think using a router for such a trivial issue (DHCP) would be too much?
Re: Can Anybody Explain This? by aadewale(m): 7:44pm On Apr 27, 2007
Thanks for your responses.

I have a linksys router that gives out DHCP ip addresses to client. THe server I talked about is a cafe timer server that all other clients machine connects to for timing and authorisation.

The timer server itself has just one card on it that is also connected to the same switch that other clients machine connects to.

I hope have been able to give the details you requested for.

Thanks all

(1) (Reply)

Help! My Pc Is Browsing Slowly. / Have You Heard About This? / How Many File Extension Related Errors Does Your Computer Have?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.