Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,527 members, 7,937,495 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 06:35 AM

No One Has Surpassed The 120yrs Age Limit Set By GOD - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / No One Has Surpassed The 120yrs Age Limit Set By GOD (1978 Views)

Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish / Uganda Pastor Uses His Church Members As Foot Mart,as Directed By God(photos) / As A Christian, Is Court Wedding In Place Of Church Wedding Acceptable By God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No One Has Surpassed The 120yrs Age Limit Set By GOD by MuttleyLaff: 9:50pm On Mar 20, 2019
asalimpo:
So God, prophesied the destruction of man by flood in Eden! Is that how you reason? And you deduced all tht from a verse that says his (man's) days (lifespan) shall be 120 yrs! Please that's too long a stretch. The typical interpretation is more logical and plausible.
Did not God prophesy the victory at Golgotta or Calvary in Eden 4000 years earlier huh?
I doubt you are familiar and ever at all know about the "Methuselah genealogy flood prophecy".
I doubt you remember that Context is King" should be the first thing every believer should learn and abide by, as soon as they start reading the Bible, huh?. Why not do the numbers now? Do your Mathematics or Arithmetic from the age Noah is recorded to have given birth to his kids and to his age, when the flood happened, to roughly find out how many spanned years that was, huh?

asalimpo:
God sent the flood in judgement because mankind had become wicked and depraved. Not that he planned to do so 120yrs after Eden.
You this man, you find it very hard being in the wrong and being corrected when you are. You dont like receiving and/or taking to correction

God is omniscient, He knows the end, right from the beginning, even before beginning starts sef. It would be like thinking that, God didnt beforehand, know that Adam and Eve, would eat of the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil

Now who said, 120 years after Eden, do you at all know how many years Adam lived. Adam lived more than 120 years.
Adam lived 930 years old, Seth lived 912 years old, Enosh lived 905 years old, Cainan lived 910 years old, Mahalalel lived 895 years old, Jared lived 962 years old, Enoch lived 365 years old, Methuselah lived 969 years old, Lamech who lived 777 years old became the father of Noah when aged 182 years old. The flood started when Noah was 600 years old and the Genesis 6:3 prophecy was given 120 years earlier or before that, whichever one you prefer

asalimpo:
your angle looks plausible. I'll hav to research it then. So that verse has two plausible explanations: age of man scaled down or impending doom prophesied. It'll hav to b researched.
I have just seen this, so please dont take however I've typed personal, no offense, insult, disparaging comment(s) is intended

1 Like

Re: No One Has Surpassed The 120yrs Age Limit Set By GOD by IamAnderson(m): 10:05pm On Mar 20, 2019
asalimpo:

you are just big headed that's all. You have not torn the bible apart like some ppl have. The bible has been heavily scrutinized. Highly acid tested. Jesus existence has been scrutinized thoroughly. Science has time and time again found out that the bible anticipated them. So it's not a trivial issue of counting, that very educated highly reverent scholars (yes they didnt hav modern tools we take for granted today but they were no less intelligent than us) would screw up.
let me guess, you haven't actually read any of these things you just heard this from people (other Christians) and you just say it every time to convince yourself that the bible is infallible.
next thing you're going to want to say is " only a fool will say that there is no god" grin
Re: No One Has Surpassed The 120yrs Age Limit Set By GOD by asalimpo(m): 10:07pm On Mar 20, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Did not God prophesy the victory at Golgotta or Calvary in Eden 4000 years earlier huh?
I doubt you are familiar and ever at all know about the "Methuselah genealogy flood prophecy".
I doubt you remember that Context is King" should be the first thing every believer should learn and abide by, as soon as they start reading the Bible, huh?. Why not do the numbers now? Do your Mathematics or Arithmetic from the age Noah is recorded to have given birth to his kids and to his age, when the flood happened, to roughly find out how many spanned years that was, huh?

You this man, you find it very hard being in the wrong and being corrected when you are. You dont like receiving and/or taking to correction

God is omniscient, He knows the end, right from the beginning, even before beginning starts sef. It would be like thinking that, God didnt beforehand, know that Adam and Eve, would eat of the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil

Now who said, 120 years after Eden, do you at all know how many years Adam lived. Adam lived more than 120 years.
Adam lived 930 years old, Seth lived 912 years old, Enosh lived 905 years old, Cainan lived 910 years old, Mahalalel lived 895 years old, Jared lived 962 years old, Enoch lived 365 years old, Methuselah lived 969 years old, Lamech who lived 777 years old became the father of Noah when aged 182 years old. The flood started when Noah was 600 years old and the Genesis 6:3 prophecy was given 120 years earlier or before that, whichever one you prefer

I have just seen this, so please dont take however I've typed personal, no offense, insult, disparaging comment(s) is intended
it's okay. I left the second post instead of editing the first. If i hav to eat my words so be it. I'll research what u said. I'm just seeing it tht way , i'm sure most ppl here r just seeing tht interpretation so today.
Re: No One Has Surpassed The 120yrs Age Limit Set By GOD by IamAnderson(m): 10:08pm On Mar 20, 2019
asalimpo:

The knowledge you know is very old and irrelevant in issues of bible debate.
did this sentence you typed help to boost your self esteem? grin
Re: No One Has Surpassed The 120yrs Age Limit Set By GOD by IamAnderson(m): 10:12pm On Mar 20, 2019
asalimpo:

Your so called logic of fisher men being obsolete etc. That's funny. Has human nature changed? Has technology cured sinful man's evil nature? Tech comes and goes the word of God is timeless and will always b relevant. 1 million years from now even.
this one got me laughing grin
Re: No One Has Surpassed The 120yrs Age Limit Set By GOD by asalimpo(m): 10:14pm On Mar 20, 2019
IamAnderson:

let me guess, you haven't actually read any of these things you just heard this from people (other Christians) and you just say it every time to convince yourself that the bible is infallible.
next thing you're going to want to say is " only a fool will say that there is no god" grin
you r probably a sceptic or agnostic. You trust nd rely on reasoning and believe all truth is discernable iether by the five senses or by the rules of logic.
So the issue is one of faith. The bible says in essence,they r things that are true,yet defy human logic . Secular reasoning says otherwise.
You are on the part of secular reasoning, we are on the part of above-secular reasoning. It's a choice. Can donkeys talk? No. The bible says one did?

1 Like

Re: No One Has Surpassed The 120yrs Age Limit Set By GOD by IamAnderson(m): 10:29pm On Mar 20, 2019
asalimpo:

you r probably a sceptic or agnostic. You trust nd rely on reasoning and believe all truth is discernable iether by the five senses or by the rules of logic.
So the issue is one of faith. The bible says in essence,they r things that are true,yet defy human logic . Secular reasoning says otherwise.
You are on the part of secular reasoning, we are on the part of above-secular reasoning. It's a choice. Can donkeys talk? No. The bible says one did?
what ever you want to believe it's your choice.
just don't feel like you're "above secular reasoning" trusting your entire life and lifestyle based on what someone told you even when you know it defies the basic principles of reality doesn't mean you've risen above reasoning....it's a step backwards if you ask me.
believe whatever you want to believe, it still doesn't change the fact that it doesn't make sense.
don't try to bend reality to match what you want to believe....at least you admitted that some parts of it don't make sense no matter how much you want them to...that's a start.
Re: No One Has Surpassed The 120yrs Age Limit Set By GOD by budaatum: 10:44pm On Mar 20, 2019
asalimpo:

So the bible is lying and your logic is right? Suit yourself. If the years were so much as wrong, critics would hav pointed it out long ago. Jesus also didnt walk on water right? That's a fable.
The bible can't lie! Its just a book and not a person. Those who wrote it could be mistaken though, or their year may not be the same as ours. They could have meant 900 months which is a mere more plausible 75 years.
Re: No One Has Surpassed The 120yrs Age Limit Set By GOD by asalimpo(m): 12:28am On Mar 21, 2019
IamAnderson:

what ever you want to believe it's your choice.
just don't feel like you're "above secular reasoning" trusting your entire life and lifestyle based on what someone told you even when you know it defies the basic principles of reality doesn't mean you've risen above reasoning....it's a step backwards if you ask me.
believe whatever you want to believe, it still doesn't change the fact that it doesn't make sense.
don't try to bend reality to match what you want to believe....at least you admitted that some parts of it don't make sense no matter how much you want them to...that's a start.
true religion is free. It gets interesting when strange things strt happening from believing oddly? It takes a lotof concentration to obtain.
Re: No One Has Surpassed The 120yrs Age Limit Set By GOD by MuttleyLaff: 12:49am On Mar 21, 2019
asalimpo:
it's okay. I left the second post instead of editing the first. If i hav to eat my words so be it. I'll research what u said. I'm just seeing it tht way , i'm sure most ppl here r just seeing tht interpretation so today.
I am quite sure, you know that old ways, dont open new doors. We close some "interpretation" doors though, not because of inadequacy, incapabilities, ego or arrogance, but simply because we realise and get to know, they're misinterpretations and actually are red herrings, leading nowhere positive.

1 Like

Re: No One Has Surpassed The 120yrs Age Limit Set By GOD by asalimpo(m): 8:21am On Mar 21, 2019
budaatum:

The bible can't lie! Its just a book and not a person. Those who wrote it could be mistaken though, or their year may not be the same as ours. They could have meant 900 months which is a mere more plausible 75 years.
yeah,it's just a book like other books. Made of paper and bound. Any glaring error such as these could hav been spotted long ago. So this point u raised is pointless. A book that predicted the birth,death,burial and resurrection of the MESSIAH; HUhdreds of years bf the event by different authors! A book that predicts the future with bulls eye accuracy. The rise nd fall of world empires ahead of time! Just a book. Think. It's not in issues of basic counting that they'll stumble. If u dont believe thts ur problem. But attacking its accuracy on nothing but conjecture is pointless
Re: No One Has Surpassed The 120yrs Age Limit Set By GOD by asalimpo(m): 9:43am On Mar 21, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
I am quite sure, you know that old ways, dont open new doors. We close some "interpretation" doors though, not because of inadequacy, incapabilities, ego or arrogance, but simply because we realise and get to know, they're misinterpretations and actually are red herrings, leading nowhere positive.
your explanation has to researched. If it is false,it will b thrashed with impunity. For i now,i hav to b watchful nd tread carefully. It's plausible point but could b wrong
Re: No One Has Surpassed The 120yrs Age Limit Set By GOD by jcross19: 11:10am On Mar 21, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

"And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years."
- Genesis 6:3

You guys are you all lying down facing the same direction false conclusion sha. Where did you all see and read in Genesis 6:3 that God was setting a lifespan limit per se, huh? How come you all dont recognise that the 120 years in Genesis 6:3 has nothing to do with setting life expectancy limit per se, at all, huh? People just like regurgitating stomached bullshits shoved down their throats by erring and ill-informed persons, pastors, teachers, friends etcetera

Genesis 6:3, is just another prophecy, similar to the Methuselah genealogy flood prophecy, but a better flavour, which this time, is homing in, on the exact time when the flood will happen, which for crying out loud, is 120 years time. So pack in all those your jagbajantis kicking penality to throw in nonsense please
first according good news interpretation genesis 6:3 says Then the lord said I will not allow PEOPLE TO LIVE FOREVER ,they are mortal. from NOW on they will live no longer than hundred and twenty years .Now you claimed that verse was talking prophecy of the flood by arguing that 120years was the time between God gave the prophecy to the years the even took place can you please bring out a prove because the only evidence we deduced from the story was Noah was 500years when he begat his children in genesis 5: 32 in genesis 7:6 says Noah was 600byears old when the flood came upon the earth so your interpretation is accurate of 120 years prophecy you claimed but 100years so tell us where is the 20 years addition is coming from.?
Re: No One Has Surpassed The 120yrs Age Limit Set By GOD by jcross19: 11:22am On Mar 21, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

"And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years."

You guys are you all lying down facing the same direction false conclusion sha. Where did you all see and read in Genesis 6:3 that God was setting a lifespan limit per se, huh? How come you all dont recognise that the 120 years in Genesis 6:3 has nothing to do with setting life expectancy limit per se, at all, huh? People just like regurgitating stomached bullshits shoved down their throats by erring and ill-informed persons, pastors, teachers, friends etcetera

Genesis 6:3, is just another prophecy, similar to the Methuselah genealogy flood prophecy, but a better flavour, which this time, is homing in, on the exact time when the flood will happen, which for crying out loud, is 120 years time. So pack in all those your jagbajantis kicking penality to throw in nonsense please
MuttleyLaff:

first according good news interpretation genesis 6:3 says Then the lord said I will not allow PEOPLE TO LIVE FOREVER ,they are mortal. from NOW on they will live no longer than hundred and twenty years .Now you claimed that the verse was talking about prophecy of the flood by arguing that 120years was the time between when God gave the prophecy to the year the event took place can you please bring out a prove because the only evidence we deduced from the story was that Noah was 500years when he begat his children in genesis 5: 32 in genesis 7:6 says Noah was 600byears old when the flood came upon the earth so your interpretation is not accurate of 120 years prophecy you claimed but 100years so tell us where is the 20 years addition is coming from.?
Re: No One Has Surpassed The 120yrs Age Limit Set By GOD by budaatum: 2:07pm On Mar 21, 2019
asalimpo:

yeah,it's just a book like other books. Made of paper and bound. Any glaring error such as these could hav been spotted long ago. So this point u raised is pointless. A book that predicted the birth,death,burial and resurrection of the MESSIAH; HUhdreds of years bf the event by different authors! A book that predicts the future with bulls eye accuracy. The rise nd fall of world empires ahead of time! Just a book. Think. It's not in issues of basic counting that they'll stumble. If u dont believe thts ur problem. But attacking its accuracy on nothing but conjecture is pointless
Attacking a book? Like taking a machete to it and hacking it to bits do you mean?

Sorry, but no, I don't believe books. Believing a book is like worshipping a graven image which it is written in the book that one should not do. I read them and learn from them by allowing my God given mind to ponder on what I read so that I can increase in knowledge and wisdom.

You are very welcome to do otherwise and just ignore me.
Re: No One Has Surpassed The 120yrs Age Limit Set By GOD by MuttleyLaff: 2:10pm On Mar 21, 2019
asalimpo:
your explanation has to researched. If it is false,it will b thrashed with impunity.
For i now,i hav to b watchful nd tread carefully. It's plausible point but could b wrong
and if it isnt false, then you'll eat the humble pie, right?
If you abide by the "Context is king" rule of thumb, you wouldnt need to be watchful and treading carefully. Blessed are they who see things in humble places where other people see nothing.

jcross19:
first according good news interpretation genesis 6:3 says Then the lord said I will not allow PEOPLE TO LIVE FOREVER, they are mortal. from NOW on they will live no longer than hundred and twenty years.
The question you need to ask yourself, is where people ever living forever before this statement.

jcross19:
Now you claimed that the verse was talking about prophecy of the flood by arguing that 120years was the time between when God gave the prophecy to the year the event took place can you please bring out a prove
Oh ye of little faith, yes, I easy, peasy lemon squeezy can bring out a proof.

jcross19:
because the only evidence we deduced from the story was that Noah was 500years when he begat his children in genesis 5: 32 in genesis 7:6 says Noah was 600byears old when the flood came upon the earth so your interpretation is not accurate of 120 years prophecy you claimed but 100years so tell us where is the 20 years addition is coming from.?
If I show you a similar prophecy made by God to another famous figure, but the prophecy was fulfilled with 30 years added to the total years God originally talked about would you then believe, huh?

1 Like

Re: No One Has Surpassed The 120yrs Age Limit Set By GOD by jcross19: 2:25pm On Mar 21, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
If you abide by the "Context is king" rule of thumb, you wouldnt need to be watchful and treading carefully. Blessed are they who see things in humble places where other people see nothing.

The question you need to ask yourself, is where people ever living forever before this statement.

If I show you a similar prophecy made by God to another famous figure, but the prophecy was fulfilled with 30 years added to the total years God originally talked about would you then believe, huh?
I laugh again! you are just funny unless the quotation I quoted from good news translation mean nothing to you. we are talking about the op question don't digress from the point here. bring the proof from the bible concerning that 120 years of the prophecy you claimed period!
Re: No One Has Surpassed The 120yrs Age Limit Set By GOD by jcross19: 2:30pm On Mar 21, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

The same evidence still from bible and nothing more abraham defendants being slaves for 400years right but spent 430years is that what you are to going bring up ? but the whole mathematic still in the bible but where is that 20years came from?
Re: No One Has Surpassed The 120yrs Age Limit Set By GOD by NoContract(m): 12:48pm On Mar 27, 2019
Re: No One Has Surpassed The 120yrs Age Limit Set By GOD by NoContract(m): 12:49pm On Mar 27, 2019
Come Eastern Nigeria. People wey pass 130 and still alive full everywhere.

Get a good book, or wikipedia. Read and open your coconut brain.

Wait till scientists make it possible to resurrect cryogenic corpses. Your eye go clear.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Appreciation To All Casts And Crew - Mike Bamiloye / The People God(s) Forgot / "oct. 25--27, 2010--is This The Time Of The Rapture And Sudden Destruction?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.