Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,336 members, 7,881,242 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:01 PM

Fela Durotoye Reacts To News Of Success "The Warri School Girl" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fela Durotoye Reacts To News Of Success "The Warri School Girl" (510 Views)

Nigerians React To News Of Atiku Having Meetings In Dubai / Fela Durotoye Cautioning A ‘Big Man’ To Join The Queue At Abuja Airport (Video) / Fela Durotoye Dancing In Abuja (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fela Durotoye Reacts To News Of Success "The Warri School Girl" by Dailyhappenings: 8:25am On Mar 20, 2019
Fela Durotoye finally breaks silence on the news of the Warri little girl who was sent out of school due to not paying her school fees, see what he wrote...

"I just received news that the girl from the video “lil success” has been contacted by @mizwanneka & is receiving great support in form of donations & scholarships. (You can check her page for more information). . .

This is absolutely amazing & reminds me of the true Nigerian spirit of Love, Selflessness & Empathy what I choose to call “The Spirit of the New Nigeria”. . .

I truly celebrate everyone who has gotten involved & made donations as I am immensely proud of guys like @otto_orondaam who are committed to making a difference in the lives of people in our community through his @slum2schoolproject. . .

It is people like @mizwanneka@otto_orondaam that give rays of hope to our generation in such a time as this. .

Please celebrate anyone you know who is doing something to help especially in the area of helping kids to get in & stay in school. ————————————————————— . .
I saw this video and it touched my core and broke my heart .
_
This little girl would rather be flogged, simply because her parents couldn’t afford her fees, than miss a day of school.
_
And why is she being punished for something that isn’t her fault? Her parents probably don’t earn enough to send her to school
_
I ran for public office with an education policy blueprint to give children the right to have free primary and secondary education.
_
Today, 13.2 million young children who are bright and gifted are denied the benefits of education.
_
Once again, this is a clear reminder that our system has failed us and innocents like this dear child are casualties of collateral damage.
_
We must demand and accept nothing less than a #NewNigeria
_
And to everyone who’s asking, you may not be able to reach this particular child, but if WE ALL TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE CHILDREN IN OUR NEIGHBORHOODS who can’t afford to go to school like her, then we will all be our #BrothersKeeper
_
Nigeria isn’t the government. It’s the man in the mirror."

Source: https://www.musictori.com/2019/03/fela-durotoye-reacts-to-news-of-success.html

cc: lalasticlala, mynd44
Re: Fela Durotoye Reacts To News Of Success "The Warri School Girl" by Megatrix: 8:53am On Mar 20, 2019
Dailyhappenings:
Fela Durotoye finally breaks silence on the news of the Warri little girl who was sent out of school due to not paying her school fees, see what he wrote...

"I just received news that the girl from the video “lil success” has been contacted by @mizwanneka & is receiving great support in form of donations & scholarships. (You can check her page for more information). . .

This is absolutely amazing & reminds me of the true Nigerian spirit of Love, Selflessness & Empathy what I choose to call “The Spirit of the New Nigeria”. . .

I truly celebrate everyone who has gotten involved & made donations as I am immensely proud of guys like @otto_orondaam who are committed to making a difference in the lives of people in our community through his @slum2schoolproject. . .

It is people like @mizwanneka@otto_orondaam that give rays of hope to our generation in such a time as this. .

Please celebrate anyone you know who is doing something to help especially in the area of helping kids to get in & stay in school. ————————————————————— . .
I saw this video and it touched my core and broke my heart .
_
This little girl would rather be flogged, simply because her parents couldn’t afford her fees, than miss a day of school.
_
And why is she being punished for something that isn’t her fault? Her parents probably don’t earn enough to send her to school
_
I ran for public office with an education policy blueprint to give children the right to have free primary and secondary education.
_
Today, 13.2 million young children who are bright and gifted are denied the benefits of education.
_
Once again, this is a clear reminder that our system has failed us and innocents like this dear child are casualties of collateral damage.
_
We must demand and accept nothing less than a #NewNigeria
_
And to everyone who’s asking, you may not be able to reach this particular child, but if WE ALL TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE CHILDREN IN OUR NEIGHBORHOODS who can’t afford to go to school like her, then we will all be our #BrothersKeeper
_
Nigeria isn’t the government. It’s the man in the mirror."

Source: https://www.musictori.com/2019/03/fela-durotoye-reacts-to-news-of-success.html

cc: lalasticlala, mynd44
Oga abeg drop something for the girl, forget all this plenty English wey you dey speak
Re: Fela Durotoye Reacts To News Of Success "The Warri School Girl" by Realtord43: 8:56am On Mar 20, 2019
Been a while i heard from our internet president

(1) (Reply)

How Atiku Is Being Served Abiola's Treatment - Odey Olololo / Why NNPC Must Be Sold NOW!!! / EU Congratulates Buhari On Re- Election Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.