Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,555 members, 7,948,150 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 03:03 PM

How My Business Died In The Hand Of A Nigerian Hosting Company; Beware Or Fall! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How My Business Died In The Hand Of A Nigerian Hosting Company; Beware Or Fall! (540 Views)

Family Releases Burial Rites For Wigwe, Wife, Son Who Died In Air Crash / CCTV At Obi Cubana's Hustle & Bustle Shows How A Female Clubber Died (Video) / ”I Started My Business With N5,000, I Now Have 5 Bedroom Mansion In Lagos"- Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How My Business Died In The Hand Of A Nigerian Hosting Company; Beware Or Fall! by Isuachrist: 1:09pm On Mar 20, 2019

How My Business Died in the hand of a Nigerian Hosting company, which hosting company?

Follow through and you will know them if you’ve faced a similar experience.

There is so much to say but Nairaland just told me that my post was too long after posting this, so, I better keep it short.

So, I created a website using a Nigerian hosting Company. I never knew the website would be big because I just followed the passion and the flow of writing.

Surprisingly, having read a lot and followed all SEO tips by experts, 30 of my posts were ranked on Google first pages and traffic started ramping in. As at the last time of check before I left for National assignment, I had about 900+ daily visits. 900+ X 30 days was pretty big I guess (for a hobby).

[center][/center]

Before this time, my website was offline more than I can count. 20 times is a joke. I mean, offline and I will be seeing screen of deaths – White screen. At times, their core offline time – 3am, maybe when they think you are fast asleep. undecided

With these experiences, words can’t explain how displeased I was.

Creating a support ticket was my second hobby because I was forced to do so, that does not include upgrading to their highest Shared plan as they advised me to, even with that, my website was on and off, and I was just TIRED, I MEAN, tired and sick of everything.

Since I didn’t know much about credible hosting companies to use, I jumped on Namecheap to see if they could migrate my website to their servers, turns out they were NOT capable. Another wacky company for hosting – by experience…

Like I said, I never knew much about good hosting companies, so, I had no option than to go on my Hosting Company Cloud Plan. I subscribed to their first tier of Cloud Server – note, this time, I made no tangible income, and so, it was difficult to. But I did anyways.

After some time, my website picked up again but it didn’t last as it was beaten down again, offline.

Note, the website speed was okay, at least it was on Cloud but that didn’t save me.

After tickets upon tickets, they managed to convince me to upgrade to about 2 terabyte plan, still on Cloud. Oh my God! I was angry. Did that save me? No. I had nowhere to run to, remember…

I saw hell while writing with my first web hosting company. Just take a glance at what I went through just in few days in one month. The web blog itself broke like never before.

[center] [/center]

In conclusion

When they billed me to pay #15,000 a month on a website that had nearly 30,000 only, I concluded that this was a total rip off. I had to let go. After all, there was no hope that the site will not be offline anymore.

After all the difficult moments based on being sent on a national assignment – NYSC- where I did not have access to browsing network to update my Blog as I wanted to. I was down.

Coupled with the NO BROWSING NETWORK frustrations and #15,000 a month fee, I lost all my contents (up to 60+ blog posts) having paid my former hosting company to back up my files. They never kept the backup. (my fault though to trust them)

(Website: Bizdynamicx.com)

Advice or Lesson

Believe me, this was the time I started making sales with Affiliate marketing. IT WAS CUT SHORT.

Sorry please because I lost all the profits to a company that doped itself as a giant in web hosting. I was played TO BELIEVE SO... embarassed

The Big Question?

Should you use a Nigerian hosting company for your business?

I can’t say yes or no, but inside you, you know the answer.

At least, over the years of experiences, I know the good, very good, Best and Excellent ones.
(I can recommend to you with their up times)

So,
So,
And so,
As for me, my decision was made since then, never to use a ….hosting company…maybe it’s just me, BUT I LOST MY TIME, HARDWORK AND BUSINESS…

#No thanks to Whogohost.

(Have you had a sweet sour experience with a Nigerian hosting company? Let's learn more from you)

Re: How My Business Died In The Hand Of A Nigerian Hosting Company; Beware Or Fall! by ruby360: 1:17pm On Mar 20, 2019
What is the name of the hosting company?

Tell us so we can avoid them like Ebola patient. grin
Re: How My Business Died In The Hand Of A Nigerian Hosting Company; Beware Or Fall! by mekuso89(m): 1:19pm On Mar 20, 2019
sorry bro its not easy losing all that you worked so hard for. did you try hostgeto?
Re: How My Business Died In The Hand Of A Nigerian Hosting Company; Beware Or Fall! by Isuachrist: 1:20pm On Mar 20, 2019
Check the last paragraph...
Re: How My Business Died In The Hand Of A Nigerian Hosting Company; Beware Or Fall! by decatalyst(m): 1:40pm On Mar 20, 2019
Heartbreaking...

Pick up yourself and know that "out of the broken pieces of your past, God can build an edifice of hope" and you will be amazed.
Re: How My Business Died In The Hand Of A Nigerian Hosting Company; Beware Or Fall! by polimaf(m): 2:12pm On Mar 20, 2019
whenever I reply to hosting posts, I get banned....
Re: How My Business Died In The Hand Of A Nigerian Hosting Company; Beware Or Fall! by ruby360: 3:02pm On Mar 20, 2019
Isuachrist:
Check the last paragraph...

Whogohost is the company.
Re: How My Business Died In The Hand Of A Nigerian Hosting Company; Beware Or Fall! by etoluw: 3:08pm On Mar 20, 2019
That's what happens when you don't seek professional advice

d hosting company u are referring to is most likely whogohost

also you don't have to pay so much for hosting. you can make use of a CDN (like cloudflare) to reduce load on your server.
This exactly what Nairaland does that makes it load fast and appear as if they don't experience down time. (they actually do experience down time)

and about backup it was very foolish not to have the backed up files with you. it is something you could have done yourself.

anytime you want to start all over u can just visit programming/webdesign section, there are so many who will advice you so u wont make silly mistakes in future

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

..... / How Nestle Nigeria Contaminates Water Supply Of Its Host Community In Abuja / Let's Create Paypal Account That Can Send And Receive And You Can Withdraw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.