Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,107 members, 7,887,237 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:57 AM

Card Readers Transmit Accreditation Data And Not Voting Data - INEC - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Card Readers Transmit Accreditation Data And Not Voting Data - INEC (27915 Views)

INEC: We’ll Now Transmit Accreditation Figures, Results Simultaneously / Okorocha: Igbos Will Get Nothing In Buhari’s Second Term For Not Voting For PMB / George Moghalu: Igbos Didn’t Consider Implications Of Not Voting Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Card Readers Transmit Accreditation Data And Not Voting Data - INEC by OGHENAOGIE(m): 1:28pm On Mar 21, 2019
senatordave1:

You are very correct.tone down on your insults and advance your views in this manner
no wahala...
Re: Card Readers Transmit Accreditation Data And Not Voting Data - INEC by adanny01(m): 1:39pm On Mar 21, 2019
henrolevra:
It require a strong network to run. I was a tech personnel too. Z-pads was latter giving to us to run the e-collation at our inec state hdqrt.

The app/link didnt open at all, not that the was a network error.
Re: Card Readers Transmit Accreditation Data And Not Voting Data - INEC by adanny01(m): 1:49pm On Mar 21, 2019
henrolevra:
Say what your sure of. The e-collation app was very functional. It requires strong network to run.

4G like or what are you talking about.

When you click on an app's Short cut or link, what do you expect?

You expect to enter the apps interface, then the app would connect to the internet there after.

This is not the case here. It displays error immediately and it was not a network related issue. A network issue should take some seconds before it returns an error message but not this one. Meanwhile i had 3g MTN network on my phone.

Meanwhile the 2 SCR in my PU didnt open likewise the entire ward and LGA. EO is my friend so i have this fact. It wasn't a network issue.

Also, the acreditation data is larger to e-collation so which one should need strong network?
Re: Card Readers Transmit Accreditation Data And Not Voting Data - INEC by henrolevra: 3:25pm On Mar 21, 2019
adanny01:

You expect to enter the apps interface, then the app would connect to the internet there after.

This is not the case here. It displays error immediately and it was not a network related issue. A network issue should take some seconds before it returns an error message but not this one.

Meanwhile the 2 SCR in my PU didnt open likewise the entire ward and LGA. EO is my friend so i have this fact. It wasn't a network issue.

Also, the acreditation data is larger to e-collation so which one should need strong network?
Bro dnt argue what you don't know. When you tap on the icon, and u have strong network, it will take u immediateley where u will input your login details. Remeber the server is too busy then so u need strong network to beat the traffic. If not an error message will appear immediately u tap the icon.
Re: Card Readers Transmit Accreditation Data And Not Voting Data - INEC by henrolevra: 3:37pm On Mar 21, 2019
adanny01:

You can't access the app interface if your not connected to the internet, hence we are advice to connect to wifi.
I doubt if you know what e-collation app is meant for. It is where you enter and validate all the scores each political party scored in any election. Possibly u scan and upload all the results sheet of all the polling unit under ur care. The work is not meant for PO's but RATECH.

1 Like

Re: Card Readers Transmit Accreditation Data And Not Voting Data - INEC by Laid2001: 4:02pm On Mar 21, 2019
Only returned figures matters in our Electoral system.
That is why INEC is in a fix with Okorocha now.
In 2003 Lagos governorship election, INEC website shows Funsho William of PDP as the winner (was actually hacked), yet on ground counting, ACN's Tinubu was announced by returning officer based on physical votes counted.

The Website was not even corrected until after several days.

PDP lost at the tribunal because there is no vote counting online or on servers. NO E-VOTING in Naija.

1 Like

Re: Card Readers Transmit Accreditation Data And Not Voting Data - INEC by akaahs(m): 4:12pm On Mar 21, 2019
adioolayi:

The process was completed when I voted, my card read, finger tips authenticated and my data displayed. Ward 10, Unit 10, Ibadan SW. My unit voting pattern also shows we voted PMB for reelection and against Ajimobi Senatorial ambition.... Also, PDP won the gubernatorial election at my polling unit.

Mark you, our voting figures shows numbers of voters accredited.... unlike 2011 and 2015, we had inflated figures from this same polling unit...and there is nothing anyone of us can do about it then.

Now, tell me your own personal experience of 2019 elections...not what you hear or read about a unit or state you were not present. THAT'S IF YOU ACTUALLY VOTED
nice one, i voted in the just concluded election.i travelled from abuja to kaduna before the postponement, came back and went bact again for the presidential election. i can categorically tell you that our finger tips was not authenticated due to INEC inefficiency in their dealinds, both my polling unit ward 08 and all the unit we visited with my friend. we visited ward 10, 9, 15, 25, 18, 12, 16 and 07. this failure happened both in the presidential and governotorial elections.

1 Like

Re: Card Readers Transmit Accreditation Data And Not Voting Data - INEC by akaahs(m): 4:14pm On Mar 21, 2019
adioolayi:

The process was completed when I voted, my card read, finger tips authenticated and my data displayed. Ward 10, Unit 10, Ibadan SW. My unit voting pattern also shows we voted PMB for reelection and against Ajimobi Senatorial ambition.... Also, PDP won the gubernatorial election at my polling unit.

Mark you, our voting figures shows numbers of voters accredited.... unlike 2011 and 2015, we had inflated figures from this same polling unit...and there is nothing anyone of us can do about it then.

Now, tell me your own personal experience of 2019 elections...not what you hear or read about a unit or state you were not present. THAT'S IF YOU ACTUALLY VOTED
nice one, i voted in the just concluded election.i travelled from abuja to kaduna before the postponement, came back and went bact again for the presidential election. i can categorically tell you that our finger tips were not authenticated due to INEC inefficiency in their dealings, both my polling unit ward 08 and all the unit we visited with my friend. we visited ward 10, 9, 15, 25, 18, 12, 16 and 07. this failure happened both in the presidential and governotorial elections.

1 Like

Re: Card Readers Transmit Accreditation Data And Not Voting Data - INEC by adanny01(m): 5:44pm On Mar 21, 2019
henrolevra:
You can't access the app interface if your not connected to the internet, hence we are advice to connect to wifi.
I doubt if you know what e-collation app is meant for. It is where you enter and validate all the scores each political party scored in any election. Possibly u scan and upload all the results sheet of all the polling unit under ur care. The work is not meant for PO's but RATECH.

Why won't i know. I was a PO do you remember I said so. I have the training manual in my phone at this moment and since before the training.

If the app required a WiFi according to you while PO's are responsible for using the app, the question is did INEC provide any WiFi for any PU in Nigeria? Am sure no is the answer. That means the app was never meant to be used or was not used in the entire 2019 election.

Besides, didnt the electoral law prohibit electronic transmission of results in Nigeria? Even if there was such e-collation as you claim, INEC is forbidden to use it as it will be against the law.

Lastly, since the last comment of yours is a blatant lie, i assume you do not know the electoral process.

RATECH's have no responsibility whatsoever with polling or polling results. Their responsibility is to program and solve technical problems of the SCR. The official users are the PO and APO1.

What ever results is sent using the card reader by anyone other than a PO is illegal. The official results of a PU is signed under the name of the PO. The password a RATECH creates belongs to the PO, using such password by the RATECH is like tampering with results. Also, voting must be closed by the PO at the PU and e-collation is supposed to be done in the presence of party agents at PU not at the RAC where the RATECH is based.

It is clear to me that you have no idea who has which responsibility in this election and probably you are the people who masterminded violations of the electoral laws then turning around to blame INEC or Mahmood.

1 Like

Re: Card Readers Transmit Accreditation Data And Not Voting Data - INEC by adanny01(m): 7:49pm On Mar 21, 2019
henrolevra:

Bro dnt argue what you don't know. When you tap on the icon, and u have strong network, it will take u immediateley where u will input your login details. Remeber the server is too busy then so u need strong network to beat the traffic. If not an error message will appear immediately u tap the icon.

How can e-collation server be busy but acreditation server is free as a bird when both are INEC servers? How would the server be busy for the entire LGA at least of which i know.that e-collation didnt happen?

I think you need to shut up because all what you ve been saying is out of ignorance, makes no sense and devoid of any fact. Youve been jumping frim one false hood to another.

My last word for you, e-collation didnt happen in the 2019 elections. The app on the SCR was intentionally disabled due to the fact that electronic voting or transmission of results is still banned by the electoral act. INEC could not have done it and certainly Atiku cannot prove that such database exist.
Re: Card Readers Transmit Accreditation Data And Not Voting Data - INEC by Akingun1990: 5:46am On Mar 22, 2019
adanny01:

It wasnt working.

When you click on it, it displays an error message.

I was PO and had a voting point. That means we had 2 card readers and both e-collation app didnt open in both elections. The tech guy comfirmed that the feature wasnt deployed.

That means your smart card reader isn't just working fine, because I can confirm to you that the ones used in my locality has the feature on it, majority of these smart card readers used in this year, had it embedded in them.....
Re: Card Readers Transmit Accreditation Data And Not Voting Data - INEC by Gr8amechi: 7:30am On Mar 22, 2019
mistyebby:

Of course they have, but who will believe it wasn't manipulated. The best is this result gotten from Inec server. Let inec defend themselves, you are not their mouth piece or spokesman.
I am. Not their spokes man and in sane clime we are not supposed to even be debating a case already in a court,
Re: Card Readers Transmit Accreditation Data And Not Voting Data - INEC by adanny01(m): 8:04am On Mar 22, 2019
Akingun1990:

That means your smart card reader isn't just working fine, because I can confirm to you that the ones used in my locality has the feature on it, majority of these smart card readers used in this year, had it embedded in them.....

Can you read at all? What does this "When you click on it, it displays an error message." mean to you?
Re: Card Readers Transmit Accreditation Data And Not Voting Data - INEC by adanny01(m): 8:46am On Mar 22, 2019
akaahs:

nice one, i voted in the just concluded election.i travelled from abuja to kaduna before the postponement, came back and went bact again for the presidential election. i can categorically tell you that our finger tips were not authenticated due to INEC inefficiency in their dealings, both my polling unit ward 08 and all the unit we visited with my friend. we visited ward 10, 9, 15, 25, 18, 12, 16 and 07. this failure happened both in the presidential and governotorial elections.

I hail my Kaduna brother.

With regards to finger print and authentication, it is not fair to INEC to say it is their inefficiency.

Finger prints scanning is a complicated process and you donot expect it to work 100% of the time. I was a PO with a VP, so we had 2 card readers. I had to swap responsibility with APO 1 for her in ability to be fast and to operate the card reader successfully. One card reader of ours was wrongly programmed to another state code and it didn't work while the other worked perfectly. We took back the non working one to the RATECH for over 2hrs they reprogrammed while the other was still working fine. When i came back, i took responsibility of the card reader just to clear the massive size of the crowd which was also rancorous. At the close of voting, the repaired card reader had a record of 211 acreditation while the other had 178. The other one had over 2hrs of starting time but i passed it. Successful accreditation on mine was 112 to failed 99 while the other had a split of 92 successful to 86. I did more in a shorter time and had more success rate due to my personal techniques. These techniques or the speed is not thought by INEC, it comes with intuition.

I knew that all fingers were captured during voters registration so i didnt waste time scanning one finger twice if it fails. You have 3 tries. I concentrated on the left hand which in most cases had less finger print scars. The right hand thumb was the most scarred finger so avoided it. Some people have really sweaty hands that would just smear the scanner glass, had those people rub off their finger on their cloth before placing the finger. Upon placing the finger, i used my 2nd hand to press down the finger to the glass which increases the size of the capture imaged increasing the print quality and size. This ia appart from cleaning the lens glass after almost every attempt and other tricks i tried.

However, even as I did my best to get one captured, if the captured record during voter registration is blurred, my efforts will still be in vain.

I conclusion, yes INEC has some responsibility for not properly training voter registration and polling adhoc staff, the buck still falls on the person who handles the fingerprint scanners in both registration and voting. Where i worked, we had farmers, miners, mechanics and alot of people doing very hard labour. I was shocked by some whose acreditation was successful and disappointed that some whose print was like a studio photo but failed. The acreditation worked but not 100% of the time and the percentage success depends largely on the operator but is almost always greater than 50% if the operator isn't dumb.
Re: Card Readers Transmit Accreditation Data And Not Voting Data - INEC by adanny01(m): 9:12am On Mar 22, 2019
SillyMods:

Kudos.

But Atiku will be the one to prove authenticity of his own result or prove that INEC's result is not the correct version. In that case, Atiku will somehow have to score an own goal by revealing who was compromised or how he hacked INEC system to get the result he has. If we get to that level, all his evidences will have been tainted and unreliable since he will have shown that he used illegal means to get certain info from INEC's system.

We don't have to be a lawyer to know that he has one way or the other shot himself in the foot.

True.

Some evidences are inadmissable in court just like this one. Atiku has to explain how he got the results from INEC server legally. As long as INEC didn't issue it to him, the document is inadmissable.
Re: Card Readers Transmit Accreditation Data And Not Voting Data - INEC by akaahs(m): 6:54pm On Mar 22, 2019
adanny01:

I hail my Kaduna brother.

With regards to finger print and authentication, it is not fair to INEC to say it is their inefficiency.

Finger prints scanning is a complicated process and you donot expect it to work 100% of the time. I was a PO with a VP, so we had 2 card readers. I had to swap responsibility with APO 1 for her in ability to be fast and to operate the card reader successfully. One card reader of ours was wrongly programmed to another state code and it didn't work while the other worked perfectly. We took back the non working one to the RATECH for over 2hrs they reprogrammed while the other was still working fine. When i came back, i took responsibility of the card reader just to clear the massive size of the crowd which was also rancorous. At the close of voting, the repaired card reader had a record of 211 acreditation while the other had 178. The other one had over 2hrs of starting time but i passed it. Successful accreditation on mine was 112 to failed 99 while the other had a split of 92 successful to 86. I did more in a shorter time and had more success rate due to my personal techniques. These techniques or the speed is not thought by INEC, it comes with intuition.

I knew that all fingers were captured during voters registration so i didnt waste time scanning one finger twice if it fails. You have 3 tries. I concentrated on the left hand which in most cases had less finger print scars. The right hand thumb was the most scarred finger so avoided it. Some people have really sweaty hands that would just smear the scanner glass, had those people rub off their finger on their cloth before placing the finger. Upon placing the finger, i used my 2nd hand to press down the finger to the glass which increases the size of the capture imaged increasing the print quality and size. This ia appart from cleaning the lens glass after almost every attempt and other tricks i tried.

However, even as I did my best to get one captured, if the captured record during voter registration is blurred, my efforts will still be in vain.

I conclusion, yes INEC has some responsibility for not properly training voter registration and polling adhoc staff, the buck still falls on the person who handles the fingerprint scanners in both registration and voting. Where i worked, we had farmers, miners, mechanics and alot of people doing very hard labour. I was shocked by some whose acreditation was successful and disappointed that some whose print was like a studio photo but failed. The acreditation worked but not 100% of the time and the percentage success depends largely on the operator but is almost always greater than 50% if the operator isn't dumb.
I'm not arguing with you, I personally carry the corper to our INEC office on discovery that the machine isn't authenticating what we were told was that the problem is all over i.e the Presidential election nd the same thing happened on the governotorial election. I'm pretty sure same problem was encountered in most state. I ask is two weeks not enough for INEC to rectify the problem of authentication before the governotorial election?
Re: Card Readers Transmit Accreditation Data And Not Voting Data - INEC by adanny01(m): 6:57pm On Mar 22, 2019
akaahs:

I'm not arguing with you, I personally carry the corper to our INEC office on discovery that the machine isn't authenticating what we were told was that the problem is all over i.e the Presidential election nd the same thing happened on the governotorial election. I'm pretty sure same problem was encountered in most state. I ask is two weeks not enough for INEC to rectify the problem of authentication before the governotorial election?

Was there a problem with authentication? I am not aware. What exactly is authentication? Or you mean to say acreditation.

Any SCR that doesn't acredit a single person in the PU was probably programmed with a wrong PU code and database. That was exactly the problem I had with one SCR.

Once you turn on the SCR and launch the acreditation app, it displays some data among which is the PU code. Once you see the PU code is not the code you know, you instantly know it wont acredit a single person.

In our case, the VP SCR had the correct code but the main PU SCR had a code of another state. Kaduna code is 18 while the code i saw in the SCR was 32. I immediately called the RATECH.
Re: Card Readers Transmit Accreditation Data And Not Voting Data - INEC by Akingun1990: 2:59am On Mar 23, 2019
adanny01:

Can you read at all? What does this "When you click on it, it displays an error message." mean to you?

I was a presiding officer in this last election, I collated results and I sent them myself using E-collation...
Get that to your skull, and also desist from using words like can I read.....(That is arrant nonsesense)....
Re: Card Readers Transmit Accreditation Data And Not Voting Data - INEC by adanny01(m): 6:40am On Mar 23, 2019
Akingun1990:

I was a presiding officer in this last election, I collated results and I sent them myself using E-collation...
Get that to your skull, and also desist from using words like can I read.....(That is arrant nonsesense)....

Is this your post and why did you go off topic?

Akingun1990:

Can you point to where i wrote that my SCR did not have the app "embedded in them" or "didnt have the feature"?

I told you that the 2 SCR in my PU had the app, upon putting the username and password, it displays an error message. I also said, being close to the LGA EO, the entire LGA didnt use the app just like me cause it displays that same error.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sheikh Gumi Speaks On Zamfara Schoolgirls' Abduction / Voters Registration: My Experience In Kano (photos) / Adeyemi Dipeolu - Economic Adviser To Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.