Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,165 members, 7,939,672 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 10:16 AM

Do You Know These Things Had Names? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do You Know These Things Had Names? (3610 Views)

Did You Know These Things Had Names? / Do You Know These Things Had Names? / Did You Know These Things Had Names? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Know These Things Had Names? by omoiyalayi(m): 11:26pm On Mar 23, 2019
Educative topic like this was the reason I joined nairaland in the first place

Before bbnaija and Tonto Dikeh took over
Re: Do You Know These Things Had Names? by Maxcollins042(m): 12:29am On Mar 24, 2019
PurestBoy:

If I use it while discussing with my friends now they'll say I'm proud
That's an average Nigerian for you. They will further see you to be grandiloquent.
Re: Do You Know These Things Had Names? by Talkwisdom(m): 5:55am On Mar 24, 2019
jossiwan:
DO YOU KNOW THESE THINGS HAD NAMES?

1. The space between your eyebrows is called a glabella.

2. The way it smells after the rain is called petrichor.

3. The plastic or metallic coating at the end of your shoelaces is called an aglet.

4. The rumbling of stomach is actually called a wamble.

5. The cry of a new born baby is called a vagitus.

6. The prongs on a fork are called tines.

7. The sheen or light that you see when you close your eyes and press your hands on them is called phosphenes.

8. The tiny plastic table placed in the middle of a pizza box is called a box tent.

9. The day after tomorrow is called overmorrow.

10. Your tiny toe or finger is called minimus.

11. The wired cage that holds the cork in a bottle of champagne is called an agraffe.

12. The 'na na na' and 'la la la', which don't really have any meaning in the lyrics of any song, are called vocables.

13. When you combine an exclamation mark with a question mark (like this ?!), it is referred to as an interrobang.

14. The space between your nostrils is called columella nasi.

15. The armhole in clothes, where the sleeves are sewn, is called armscye.

16. The condition of finding it difficult to get out of the bed in the morning is called
dysania.

17. Unreadable hand -writing is called griffonage.

18. The dot over an ā€œiā€ or a ā€œjā€ is called tittle.

19. That utterly sick feeling you get after eating or drinking too much is called crapulence.

20. The metallic device used to measure your feet at the shoe store is called Bannock device.

HOW MANY OF THE ABOVE DO YOU KNOW BEFORE NOW?
Re: Do You Know These Things Had Names? by KingLennon(m): 7:33am On Mar 24, 2019
Domistar5:
i love it. It's relly educative
I am a sicience student and most of the things here is beneficial to me.
Which of the science student? grin
Re: Do You Know These Things Had Names? by Domistar5(f): 5:14pm On Mar 24, 2019
KingLennon:
Which of the science student? grin
All aspect of science
Re: Do You Know These Things Had Names? by hardbody: 8:15pm On Mar 24, 2019
Manuel69:

Hahahaha.

Petrichor, that smell after water must have hit a very dry ground

One last request, please make a sentence with petrichor....and I am not being sarcastic here, I couldn't quite figure that out
Re: Do You Know These Things Had Names? by hardbody: 8:18pm On Mar 24, 2019
[quote author=Talkwisdom post=76930979][/quote]

On number 7, how do you see when your eyes are closed
Re: Do You Know These Things Had Names? by Manuel69: 8:19pm On Mar 24, 2019
hardbody:

One last request, please make a sentence with petrichor....and I am not being sarcastic here, I couldn't quite figure that out

"I perceive petrichor"
I love the scent of petrichor"

I'm not entirely certain if am correct or not. Am a Botany student not EML.

Lol
Re: Do You Know These Things Had Names? by hardbody: 8:24pm On Mar 24, 2019
Manuel69:

"I perceive petrichor"
I love the scent of petrichor"

I'm not entirely certain if am correct or not. Am a Botany student not EML.

Lol

I can only laugh...

This smell after the rain is so wonderful....almost everyone will understand that. But thanks bruv
Re: Do You Know These Things Had Names? by Manuel69: 9:37pm On Mar 24, 2019
hardbody:

I can only laugh...

This smell after the rain is so wonderful....almost everyone will understand that. But thanks bruv

Hahahaha. You just don't want to tag "petrichor" you simply want it to be on a lay man level.. Its all good boss.

(1) (2) (Reply)

University Of Nigeria Nsukka Facebook Admin Mock Photoshop Gone Wrong / Beautiful Lady Who Drives Danfo Bus In Lagos Shares Experience (VIDEO) / Waec Release 2009 May/June Ssce Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.