Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,330 members, 7,891,465 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 01:28 PM

Violence Erupts In Kano After Ganduje Was Declared Winner - Tribune - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Violence Erupts In Kano After Ganduje Was Declared Winner - Tribune (1415 Views)

Sanusi, Ganduje Meet In Abuja Airport 2 Years After Ganduje Dethroned Him / BREAKING: Sanusi Resigns After Ganduje’s Installation Of New Emirates Heads In K / Governor Abdullahi Ganduje Was Caught Receiving $5m Bribe - Daily Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Violence Erupts In Kano After Ganduje Was Declared Winner - Tribune by lawman88(m): 12:55am On Mar 25, 2019
Violence has erupted in the ancient city of Kano, following the declaration of winner in the supplementary governorship election held on Saturday in the state.

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), had on Sunday night, announced the incumbent governor, Dr Abdullahi Umar Ganduje, as the winner of the governorship election in Kano State, thereby returning him for a second term in office.

However, violence broke out in the state Sunday night, as aggrieved people turned out in large numbers and were desperate to force their ways into the state INEC office, but for the timely intervention of the police officers who fired teargas to disperse people, who had positioned themselves in places around the state INEC office.

The situation had become worsened after Professor Bello Balla Shehu, the returning officer for INEC, declared the governorship candidate of the APC, Dr Abdullahi Umar Ganduje, as the winner of governorship election.

The teargas fired by the police to prevent the irate youths from gaining entrance into state INEC office made even the journalists, election observers and others to run for safety.

However, feelers said the irate youths had taken over most of the major roads in Kano State, a situation which had created fear and tension in the state, as many residents of Ssbongari, an area very closed to INEC office, were forced indoors to avoid been attacked

As of the time of filing this report, it was not easy for journalists, observers and a large number of people to leave the INEC office to their respective destinations, while
many people may be forced to pass the night at the state INEC office, to avoid been attacked.

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) had declared the incumbent governor of Kano State and candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Dr Abdullahi Ganduje, as winner of the just concluded governorship re-run election in the state.

Declaring the winner of the election, the governorship election Collation Officer in Kano, Prof. Bello Shehu, said that the APC candidate garnered 1,033,695, while that of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Alhaji Abba Kabir scored 1,024,713 votes.

https://www.tribuneonlineng.com/198144/

For those arguing with me yesternight that i was an alarmist, click the link and read for yourself. NIGERIAN TRIBUNE has vindicated me. I witnessed the shooting along Sarki Yaki Street and I thought I may not reach my house but thank God, I arrived my residence safely. I will take pictures and upload it here if the situation calm and i can go out. I even heard another gunshot at 12:10am. God help!!! I traveled two weeks ago but I am back to Kano

1 Like

Re: Violence Erupts In Kano After Ganduje Was Declared Winner - Tribune by Purej: 1:22am On Mar 25, 2019
If Tinubu n Mc Oluomo are still inside Kano, they should track them down there. This 2 people brought osun template to Kano.

2 Likes

Re: Violence Erupts In Kano After Ganduje Was Declared Winner - Tribune by tamonokare: 1:28am On Mar 25, 2019
Bubu plus Gandollars . Sorry for Kano people.

1 Like

Re: Violence Erupts In Kano After Ganduje Was Declared Winner - Tribune by mykelswa(m): 2:34am On Mar 25, 2019
shocked
Re: Violence Erupts In Kano After Ganduje Was Declared Winner - Tribune by yerokunphilips: 2:35am On Mar 25, 2019
My problem is not that they are fighting ,my fear is for the non indigene that are there . This people will be vex their anger more on the non indigene as if both APC and PDP candidate are not from Kano . GOD PROTECT OUR PEOPLE .
Re: Violence Erupts In Kano After Ganduje Was Declared Winner - Tribune by BuhariAdvocate: 2:56am On Mar 25, 2019
They should arrest kwankwaso. Dude instructed his followers to cause trouble.
Re: Violence Erupts In Kano After Ganduje Was Declared Winner - Tribune by cr7lomo: 3:16am On Mar 25, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
They should arrest kwankwaso. Dude instructed his followers to cause trouble.

Y should they arrest him?? Was Buhari arrested after saying baboons and dogs will b soaked in blood , a statement that killed over a thousand people mostly corpers... Since ganduje, Buhari and inec have decided to b uncivilised, then let the people respond by being uncivilised too
Re: Violence Erupts In Kano After Ganduje Was Declared Winner - Tribune by jogsman01(m): 3:26am On Mar 25, 2019
Congratulations to the people of Kano for a well deserved victory. Enjoy your next level......

..you will never learn
Re: Violence Erupts In Kano After Ganduje Was Declared Winner - Tribune by Preshy561(f): 3:30am On Mar 25, 2019
Who cares.
It's a next level something.

My happiness is that, that demonic party no longer exist in South East.
Re: Violence Erupts In Kano After Ganduje Was Declared Winner - Tribune by Johnnyessence(m): 3:37am On Mar 25, 2019
Tvcnews journalist Ayodele ozubakun Reporting from Gama ward in Kano rerun ��‍♂️��‍♂️��‍♂️

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKbmgVEJWQ8
Re: Violence Erupts In Kano After Ganduje Was Declared Winner - Tribune by Johnnyessence(m): 3:38am On Mar 25, 2019
Munjibir Local Government Area in the ongoing Kano Rerun when APC thugs invaded a Polling unit to disrupt the exercise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzN-IPir-J0
Re: Violence Erupts In Kano After Ganduje Was Declared Winner - Tribune by Mynd44: 5:16am On Mar 25, 2019

(1)

Governor Elect, Seyi Debunks Rumour Says "He Can't Paid 30,000 Minimum Wage" / Meet PDP GOVERNORSHIP CANDIDATE For KOGI STATE / Could This Be The Reason Why Tinubu Tested Negative To Covid-19 (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.