Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,223 members, 7,880,834 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:41 AM

Please How Do I Go About Inviting My Singaporean Fiancee Down For Marriage - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Please How Do I Go About Inviting My Singaporean Fiancee Down For Marriage (2446 Views)

My Fiancee Is Relocating To UK / Inviting My Friend From US To Nigeria / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please How Do I Go About Inviting My Singaporean Fiancee Down For Marriage by Nobody: 9:32am On Mar 27, 2019
Dipsong:
No visa on arrival in nigeria , Nigeria visa is one of the most hardest visa in d world if u know u know

You're so correct my friend. I have been trying to bring my fiancee(she's Turkish) to Nigeria for the past 5 months now! The Nigerian embassy in Ankarra (Turkey) isn't making things easy at all. They just refused giving her visa. We have decided to use Cotonou (Benin Republic)option since it's visa free to Turkish citizens.... Nigerian visa is indeed very difficult to get out there!

3 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Go About Inviting My Singaporean Fiancee Down For Marriage by Dipsong: 3:11pm On Mar 27, 2019
Glad u know bro , someone was saying its visa on arrival lol , what was the complain of the Nigeria embassy there? I made a call to nigeria immigration service then and the lady that responded told me some countries will have to go to the Nigerian embassy
For am interview and biometrics too , and she was like if i want to travel to some countries wont I go for interview too ?, i just think they are angry d way some countries like America deny us visa, but i will still blame the system of the country too , we have to develop our own country too
Stewart83:

You're so correct my friend. I have been trying to bring my fiancee(she's Turkish) to Nigeria for the past 5 months now! The Nigerian embassy in Ankarra (Turkey) isn't making things easy at all. They just refused giving her visa. We have decided to use Cotonou (Benin Republic)option since it's visa free to Turkish citizens.... Nigerian visa is indeed very difficult to get out there!

1 Like

Re: Please How Do I Go About Inviting My Singaporean Fiancee Down For Marriage by Watchfreak: 5:39pm On Mar 27, 2019
Stewart83:

i was contemplating that idea of meeting in another country if the embassy gives her headache. My second plan is to meet in Dubai or any other country and get married At the embassy. What was their reason for denying her the visa?
Re: Please How Do I Go About Inviting My Singaporean Fiancee Down For Marriage by okeyglm: 6:58pm On Mar 27, 2019
Re: Please How Do I Go About Inviting My Singaporean Fiancee Down For Marriage by SureBETarena: 9:02pm On Mar 27, 2019
ifyalways:

You are funny, very funny even in your ignorance.

First off, i rate Singaporeans on same levels with Indians and Lebanese. Lots of British and Americans stay in Ikeja and mainland, move around freely. Nothing special with your Singaporean wife biko .

Better and proper Oyibo dey mainland dey hash on normal levels. Since neither of you is super rich nor works with oil/contracting firm, i doubt anyone will notice you sef.

Omole estate, Gbagada, Ikeja Gra and even some parts of Maryland are super cool and very secured so you can go on and rent a house.
Indians and Lebanese in same level as Singaporeans? No way, Singapore has been rated as world's most expensive city for five straight years now, that outlined their high standard of living.
Though she will do just fine in Omole and Ikeja GRA as you mentioned.
Amuwo Odofin is another place with high population of Asians.
Re: Please How Do I Go About Inviting My Singaporean Fiancee Down For Marriage by Nobody: 1:51am On Mar 28, 2019
Watchfreak:
i was contemplating that idea of meeting in another country if the embassy gives her headache. My second plan is to meet in Dubai or any other country and get married At the embassy. What was their reason for denying her the visa?

You won't believe there was no major reason given. Just these stupid bureaucratic excuses and delays
Re: Please How Do I Go About Inviting My Singaporean Fiancee Down For Marriage by Resurgent2016: 4:08am On Mar 28, 2019
Watchfreak:
be realistic bro. We are talking of security here. Not how beautiful or modern the place looks. Those 2 places are like the most secured places in Lagos. I have never seen foreigners walking alone around agege or Ogba or any of the ghetto areas here. Let me know if there are "ghetto" suburbs where u find foreigners moving alone freely. My purpose of this thread is to know. I need realistic replies and not assumptions

Onipanu/Ilupeju has quite a substantial expat community, largely Lebanese and Indian. You can check and see if it meets your needs
Re: Please How Do I Go About Inviting My Singaporean Fiancee Down For Marriage by Resurgent2016: 4:13am On Mar 28, 2019
If money is an issue, you may encourage your fiancee to start checking for expat jobs in Nigeria.

If she is successful, she could get sponsorship by her employer, possibly suitable accommodation arrangements and good cash.
Re: Please How Do I Go About Inviting My Singaporean Fiancee Down For Marriage by Watchfreak: 4:17am On Mar 28, 2019
Stewart83:

You won't believe there was no major reason given. Just these stupid bureaucratic excuses and delays
since you are planning for her to enter from benin, can she enter Nigeria legally from Benin? Or you plan to do the marriage there?
Re: Please How Do I Go About Inviting My Singaporean Fiancee Down For Marriage by Watchfreak: 4:18am On Mar 28, 2019
Resurgent2016:
If money is an issue, you may encourage your fiancee to start checking for expat jobs in Nigeria.

If she is successful, she could get sponsorship by her employer, possibly suitable accommodation arrangements and good cash.

lol that stuff don't work like that. And money ain't really the major issue
Re: Please How Do I Go About Inviting My Singaporean Fiancee Down For Marriage by Resurgent2016: 4:21am On Mar 28, 2019
Watchfreak:
lol that stuff don't work like that. And money ain't really the major issue

If money is not an issue, there are several serviced apartments in VI that will do just fine. Check Luggard area of VI
Re: Please How Do I Go About Inviting My Singaporean Fiancee Down For Marriage by ifyalways(f): 8:37am On Mar 28, 2019
SureBETarena:
Indians and Lebanese in same level as Singaporeans? No way, Singapore has been rated as world's most expensive city for five straight years now, that outlined their high standard of living.
Though she will do just fine in Omole and Ikeja GRA as you mentioned.
Amuwo Odofin is another place with high population of Asians.
Singaporeans have a better life in their Country. Check
Singapore is worlds expensive city. Check

In my circle however, Singaporeans living in Nigeria are rated same as Lebanese and Indians. I wont give them a second look on the streets, they dont stand out to me for anything, and if i were a kidnapper i definitely wont bother with them. They are just there, nothing about them.

Blaaah, get what i mean.

3 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Go About Inviting My Singaporean Fiancee Down For Marriage by Softgamer: 9:24am On Mar 28, 2019
[quote aut

1 Like

Re: Please How Do I Go About Inviting My Singaporean Fiancee Down For Marriage by pyyxxaro: 10:23am On Apr 23, 2023
good4all40:
Firstly let her go to Nigerian Embassy in Singapore to apply there she just need an invitation letter from you and ready to spend 300 dollars for the visa, Nigerian visa is quite Expensive though it is 2 years multiple Entry, make sure she ticks the box of multiple entry while filing her visa application form either online or offline. I have a friend who married an American and she stayed at Ayobo with him for two weeks she loved the experience especially the Keke napep and Okada, Singapore is extremely modern and entirely urban, l am presently in Singapore Jurong West to be precise you can contact me if you dont mind if you have more Questions, taken her to Ikoyi or VI is just like bringing her from Singapore to another OKRIKA version of Singapore, l understand your reluntance on Security, just go with her everywhere she is going its simple let her feel the Nigerian vibes. Singaporeans are highly respected anywhere in the world and don't forget your fiance is carrying the second best passport in the World, And please do you know where l can find Nigerian restaurant here in Singapore? I miss my swallow lol. I saw some posts here on Nairaland l called their numbers to confirm the addresses but non of the digits were working.

Bro good evening, are you still in Singapore

(1) (2) (Reply)

South Africa Lockdown: Day 1 IN PICTURES / Help needed in sending a parcel to Kenya from Nigeria ? / Ukraine Joining The Eu!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.