Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,563 members, 7,965,244 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 10:45 AM

Adultery: Iranian Woman To Receive 99 Lashes - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adultery: Iranian Woman To Receive 99 Lashes (2919 Views)

Iranian Poets Sentenced To 99 Lashes For Handshakes With Members Of Opposite Sex / 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers / How To Receive HOLY GHOST Baptism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adultery: Iranian Woman To Receive 99 Lashes by nopuqeater: 1:18pm On Sep 15, 2010
@Deep Sight; Jesus didnt manifest nothing. Didnt you read it in the Bible that Jesus said he came to practice what Moses practiced? ANd warned people like you of not walking away from it, else you will be one of the least in the kingdom of heaven?

Jesus, a servant cant do nothing of his own power, because he had none.
Re: Adultery: Iranian Woman To Receive 99 Lashes by DeepSight(m): 1:25pm On Sep 15, 2010
^^^ So why then did he effectively stop the stoning of the woman?

The law was that she should be stoned: men had always been sinners so sinners had always done the stoning. Why did Jesus prevent the stoning.

Please i do not believe in the divinity of Jesus and all that c.rap, but he certainly was a great teacher who preached high principles of love and brotherhood. And he repudiated that barbaric practice.
Re: Adultery: Iranian Woman To Receive 99 Lashes by okunoba(m): 2:18pm On Sep 15, 2010
@Vedaxcruel, I am not surprised by ur reasoning, when a child is forced fed Islamic dogma until adulthood, u take away that persons ability to reason outside the box. Take any child from the age of 5yrs old and put him in a school where he his thought to believe without question the same things his parents believe in throughout that child's formative years, that child will grow up believing whatever he was thought, no matter how ridiculous the believe system might be, hence the reason we have Muslims, Christians, Hindus, Animist, Budhist and so on all believing strongly in their form of worship.
The essence of debating /discussing is to share ideas and hopefully influence a positive change in society, Ur insults and tantrums doesn`t fit into this. Anger and the ability to control it is the height of civility.

"I only wonder whether you ever entered the four corners of any school, coz this kind of reasoning + dishonest behavior shames you and your family"

Y belittle me and my family just because i don`t share the same opinion as u, but to be honest if I never went to school and can still read and write, I think most people would say I have done well.

Can u show the ability to reason without abuse and threat of violence? Funny that the Arab Muslim brothers that frequent speakers corner in London always result to insults and abuse whenever they hit a brick wall in their reasoning process.
Re: Adultery: Iranian Woman To Receive 99 Lashes by okunoba(m): 2:44pm On Sep 15, 2010
@nopuqeater, u are just reciting the same stuff as u were thought at the Koranic schools, it seems u are one of the many that will never leave the box due to the many years of indoctrination u went through at these schools. Do u realise that if ur parents had raised u as an Hindu or as a Christian and sent u to a school from age 5 to 16 where u are thought to believe nothing else but the dogma of these religions, u would be here today claiming they are they best religion for man kind. But today because of ur parents and their religion u are here defending what u were raised with. Y are u a Muslim is the Qs u should be asking urself, that is the first step in braeking free from the shackles of religion. But at the same time I understand u might never be free of the brainwashing that as become ur reality. I understand brov.
Re: Adultery: Iranian Woman To Receive 99 Lashes by vedaxcool(m): 4:34pm On Sep 15, 2010
okunoba:

@Vedaxcruel, I am not surprised by your reasoning, when a child is forced fed Islamic dogma until adulthood, u take away that persons ability to reason outside the box. Take any child from the age of 5yrs old and put him in a school where he his thought to believe without question the same things his parents believe in throughout that child's formative years, that child will grow up believing whatever he was thought, no matter how ridiculous the believe system might be, hence the reason we have Muslims, Christians, Hindus, Animist, Budhist and so on all believing strongly in their form of worship.
The essence of debating /discussing is to share ideas and hopefully influence a positive change in society, your insults and tantrums doesn`t fit into this. Anger and the ability to control it is the height of civility.

"I only wonder whether you ever entered the four corners of any school, coz this kind of reasoning + dishonest behavior shames you and your family"

Y belittle me and my family just because i don`t share the same opinion as u, but to be honest if I never went to school and can still read and write, I think most people would say I have done well.

Can u show the ability to reason without abuse and threat of violence? Funny that the Arab Muslim brothers that frequent speakers corner in London always result to insults and abuse whenever they hit a brick wall in their reasoning process.

Where did I threaten violence? If you cannot point to me where I used violence to threaten you then know you are a LIAR with no moral, what would any body expect from people without faithexcept dishonesty and Queer reasoning. I believe it is better I live you to lie to yourself as you have issues with the Truth. as for going to school; since you couldn't understand the simple statement i made let educate you a little not going through the four cornersof schools means you shows the attributes of one that is afflicted by Illitracy and grotesque unintelligent, as nopuqeater after showing you the true positions of things , you instead insist that you have your own opinion? Now believing in faslehood is shear bigotry and loyalty to lies,as If I ask you who is the president of Nigeria? I would expect you to say "Goodluck" but a person like you would say "Obj" and then claim that is his opinion, opinion indeed, that is a lie,not an opinion. Again you showed your intelligence when you claimed that people are brain washed in all religion, yet failed to explain why in this mordern age we have convert to Islam, to christianity and other religion, and where you born religionless, so much of being a of higher intelligence.

Deep Sight:

^^^ So why then did he effectively stop the stoning of the woman?

The law was that she should be stoned: men had always been sinners so sinners had always done the stoning. Why did Jesus prevent the stoning.

Please i do not believe in the divinity of Jesus and all that c.rap, but he certainly was a great teacher who preached high principles of love and brotherhood. And he repudiated that barbaric practice.

You fail to undersatnd why Jesus stop the allegde stoning? It was a ploy and trap by the Jews hence instead of falling into their trap he instead manouvered his way, a more salient question is that it would have been a grave injustice if Jesus had accepted to stone her withou asking for evidence and the man she slept with Just like when the Jews came asking whether they should pay Tribute to cesar; instead of Answering their question directly he dribble and said render unto ceasar what is for ceasar and to the lord what is for the Lord the question arise why didn't he outright tell the Jews not pay ceasar his tax since ceasar was an oppressor and Jesus was supposed to be their Savior? ans because he knew the Jews were nbeing clever by half, furthermore Jesus did say that he did not come to abolish the law and the Prophets, hence being a jew, Jesus accepted the way of his people and he did not categorically state that you should not stone Alduterers(/ess)
Re: Adultery: Iranian Woman To Receive 99 Lashes by DeepSight(m): 4:39pm On Sep 15, 2010
vedaxcool:

Jesus accepted the way of his people and he did not categorically state that you should not stone Alduterers(/ess)

^^^ You miss the point.

He stated that "he who is without sin should cast the first stone."

Since there is no human being without sin, this effectively disqualifies ALL HUMANS from casting such stones.
Re: Adultery: Iranian Woman To Receive 99 Lashes by vedaxcool(m): 4:58pm On Sep 15, 2010
Deep Sight:

^^^ You miss the point.

Since there is no human being without sin, this effectively disqualifies ALL HUMANS from casting such stones.

you miss the point of my whole reply and like you said ""he who is without sin should cast the first stone" the implication is even if some Murders another no one has the right punish him? or if some one steals no Judge should jail since no human being is with out a sin or are you just saying that he was talking of Aldultery alone coz it has far reaching consequences,No?
furthermore if you understood the context of what was happening you will come to the conclusion that Jesus out smarted the Jews.
Re: Adultery: Iranian Woman To Receive 99 Lashes by bashydemy(m): 10:11pm On Sep 15, 2010
Deep Sight:

^^^ Does Allah support stoning women to death and flogging them for having s"ex ?
and what did the Bible say about woman who is not virgin on her wedding night?
Re: Adultery: Iranian Woman To Receive 99 Lashes by bashydemy(m): 10:13pm On Sep 15, 2010
Deep Sight:

^^^ You miss the point.

yes he say so cos he has interest in the lady but never have the opportunity to
Re: Adultery: Iranian Woman To Receive 99 Lashes by okunoba(m): 12:08am On Sep 16, 2010
@vedaxcruel,
I never said u threatened me with violence, but u obviously love to throw abuse at people who disagree with u. Can u reason without using abusive language? Judging by ur post I doubt it, because 2/3 of it consist of nothing but abuse, without dealing with the issues I raised. If u can that would show u are educated like u love to say. Part of education is the ability to discuss issues without resulting to abusive words.

Adults who convert to other religions are usually not brainwashed, but the people who are forced fed the dogma of religion from youth to adulthood and are not allowed to question the teachings are, killing their ability to reason outside the dogma they have been forced fed. Can u answer this simple question, how did u become a Muslim? how many Yoruba Christians do u know who converted to Islam as adults? I can give u examples of many Yoruba Muslims who converted to Christianity and some that just stopped believing in any form of organised religion. Y do u think the Oyibo man doesn`t believe in juju like we black Africans, it`s because he was not raised and thought to believe such things exist. I hope u get the point. Now is ur chance to prove if u are truely educated like u claim.
Re: Adultery: Iranian Woman To Receive 99 Lashes by nopuqeater: 2:49am On Sep 16, 2010
@Deep Sight; Re: Adultery: Iranian Woman To Receive 99 Lashes
[Quote]« #65 on: Yesterday at 01:25:45 PM »

^^^ So why then did he effectively stop the stoning of the woman?[/Quote]you should have used deep knowledge or insight. he knew no one present was sinless. even him. he appealed to their collective conscience. and his, too. they didnt stone her. he didnt, either. they were one and all, sinners, it is the degree and in the know that was different, at that time. wasnt he prophet among the flood of people? was it not clear to you that Eloi had told him?

[Quote]The law was that she should be stoned: men had always been sinners so sinners had always done the stoning. Why did Jesus prevent the stoning.[/Quote]special circumstances. the mob was hypocritical. Eloi let Jesus, a prophet know that. so the law was broken in that one instance, just like when jacob, a prophet prostrated his face to joseph without going into idolatry, because of joseph's dream must be fulfilled.

]Quote]Please i do not believe in the divinity of Jesus and all that c.rap, but he certainly was a great teacher who preached high principles of love and brotherhood. And he repudiated that barbaric practice.[quote][/Quote]whats barbaric about what moses did at that time? and if we move it to this time, if there is a pharaoh today, with that much evil, he deserves to be drowned, just like back then. has God suddenly changed?
Re: Adultery: Iranian Woman To Receive 99 Lashes by Syphonn(m): 2:30pm On Oct 12, 2017
Infidelity: How To Get Over It And Get Your Relationship Back

I am taking this time to write this for anyone who has ever loved.

There is one simple sin that can take our relationship away from us, our happiness, and our very identity. So poorly understood, this act is nonetheless extremely common: an affair.

I can proudly say that, in all four corners of the world, someone is either betraying or betrayed by another, thinking about having an affair, listening to someone who is in the throes of one, or the lover who completes the triangle. No aspect of a couple’s life elicits more fear, gossip or fascination than an affair. Adultery has been legislated, debated, politicized and demonized throughout history. Yet it is still in existence and probably will exist till eternity.

READ MORE http://www.busygisting.com/infidelity-get-get-relationship-back/
Re: Adultery: Iranian Woman To Receive 99 Lashes by tartar9(m): 5:53pm On Oct 12, 2017
What happened to the Death Penalty undecided
Re: Adultery: Iranian Woman To Receive 99 Lashes by bloodofthelamb(m): 10:31pm On Oct 12, 2017
WILL THE PUNISHMENT CHANGE HER? WILL THIS PUNISHMENT STOP OTHERS FROM COMMITTING ADULTERY? A BIG RESOUNDING "NO." ONLY CHRIST CAN CHANGE HER.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

(ANSWERED) 4 Obvious Reasons Why Camera Men Don't Fall Under The Anointing. / See A New Church In Tz,pastor Must Not Touch Ground Until End Of Service. / What Is The Bible Meaning Of Speaking In Tongues? {glossolalia Or Xenoglossy}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.