Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,243 members, 7,907,412 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 09:49 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (543330 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (252) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 1:57pm On May 31, 2019
olasmade:
Thanks alot, you have been a life saver, i was able to fill another form and change the date to december but when i updated the new d160 confrimation number on the appointment website, i was only able to update mine, i was not able to update my daughter and wife's own, how can i go about this..thanks alot

You would have to call the embassy for this
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 2:12pm On May 31, 2019
Spanishmilf:
i don't think ties,jobs are kinda necessary imagine a 16 year old boy going for a US interview B1\b2 what ties can he say he as?

Travel history, strong family ties....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 2:14pm On May 31, 2019
freshStarz:

Pls someone should reply

Why should we when you can go through the thread... This forum is not an ATM machine, it will help you a lot if you can invest your time and energy in reading it through.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 2:15pm On May 31, 2019
mousco:
Is there a current range figure one must receive a month to enable the VO approve Visa?

As is it now, have registered for a conference holding November 20 - 21. But I don't know if my monthly pay will convince the VO. And d pay is around 195k - 200k monthly

Please I want to know, cos I want to apply for Visa this week. Thanks

So you want to increase it?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 2:28pm On May 31, 2019
seyewest:

Travel history, strong family ties....

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by mousco(m): 3:02pm On May 31, 2019
Spanishmilf:
truth be told your income is Low you must have a way to convince the v.o you have other sponsors or other business that generate you money

Yes I have my private business, but since everyone is pointing to salary that is why I drop it to get your opinions. Though for d past 6month my acct had run up to 4million.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by JUBILEE2000: 3:53pm On May 31, 2019
Ebalu953:

You have to keep checking till you get an available date. It happens at times

Ok thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TWoods(m): 4:00pm On May 31, 2019
mousco:
Is there a current range figure one must receive a month to enable the VO approve Visa?

As is it now, have registered for a conference holding November 20 - 21. But I don't know if my monthly pay will convince the VO. And d pay is around 195k - 200k monthly

Please I want to know, cos I want to apply for Visa this week. Thanks

Are you truly going for a company-sponsored conference, relevant to your job or simply an excuse to migrate to the US? You decide.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by mousco(m): 5:16pm On May 31, 2019
[quote author=TWoods post=78896052]

Are you truly going for a company-sponsored conference, relevant to your job or simply an excuse to migrate to the US? You

Am sponsoring myself for the conference n not planning to stay back in US
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 5:47pm On May 31, 2019
[quote author=mousco post=78898563][/quote]you earn 200k in month do u know how much they are selling ticket to and fro.....you will waste up-to like 4month salary earning for ticket, hotel reservation, transportation just for a conference.....bro think twice
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by prejulsuc(f): 6:07pm On May 31, 2019
flourishing247:

You better go for your interview. Dates might not be available as usual cos of the Dropbox issue.
please I need an answer to what my friend told me.Is it true you can fill d application form without paying for the visa fee yet?.She told me she fill her application form before paying for the visa fee.Please is it possible?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 6:35pm On May 31, 2019
[quote author=Spanishmilf post=78893176][/quote]

As far as I know this Kathryn Becker is fake, I believe she was never a Consular maybe she has worked in the U.S Embassy but never as a Consular.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OmoBendel24: 7:28pm On May 31, 2019
Seyewest; hardly can that woman be fake. Person wey me dey even suspect say she be "Security Personnel" join sef? Our prejudices may make us get swayed (remember she's worked at different Missions of the US around the world, her views may then not completely cover how we think it works in their Nigeria Mission), but she seems sometimes to be in the mould of the VOs we have had here on NL, even a higher version of them on occasions...

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 7:29pm On May 31, 2019
seyewest:

As far as I know this Kathryn Becker is fake, I believe she was never a Consular maybe she has worked in the U.S Embassy but never as a Consular.
lmao.......... Why did u suggest that sir!!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 7:31pm On May 31, 2019
OmoBendel24:
Seyewest; hardly can that woman be fake. Person wey me dey even suspect say she be "Security Personnel" join sef? Our prejudices may make us get swayed (remember she's worked at different Missions of the US around the world, her views may then not completely cover how we think it works in their Nigeria Mission), but she seems sometimes to be in the mould of the VOs we have had here on NL, even a higher version of them on occasions...
I don't think she is fake also because quora verify her [I don't mean blue thick] like IG.... If u ask any questions about immigration or visa processing on quora, kathryn Becker will be on the suggestion list and if she is fake I think quota will have block the account
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Blackfinegirl(f): 8:50pm On May 31, 2019
seyewest:

Really Why do you think so ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by awumen: 9:02pm On May 31, 2019
oluayebenz:

Ajala travel grin
na Baba God o, courtesy of place of work(training,conferences,professional exams and etc).free trips with allawee de sweet o

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 9:37pm On May 31, 2019
prejulsuc:
please I need an answer to what my friend told me.Is it true you can fill d application form without paying for the visa fee yet?.She told me she fill her application form before paying for the visa fee.Please is it possible?

Yes, but you can't book an appointment without paying

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 10:12pm On May 31, 2019
OmoBendel24:

Exactly US Homeland Dept won't allow someone with vast experience to rot away on Quora/Social Media (She's very good and remember I said may not be a Consular but very sure she has worked in various Embassy all over the world) but what do I know, it's just my gut feeling especially with her posting her pics isn't that risky?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 10:16pm On May 31, 2019
Blackfinegirl:

Really Why do you think so ?

It's a gut feeling and I maybe very wrong.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 10:19pm On May 31, 2019
Spanishmilf:
I don't think she is fake also because quora verify her [I don't mean blue thick] like IG.... If u ask any questions about immigration or visa processing on quora, kathryn Becker will be on the suggestion list and if she is fake I think quota will have block the account

It's a gut feeling and I maybe very wrong.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by freshStarz: 11:47pm On May 31, 2019
seyewest:

Why should we when you can go through the thread... This forum is not an ATM machine, it will help you a lot if you can invest your time and energy in reading it through.

I see...
Thanks anyways.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TWoods(m): 2:37am On Jun 01, 2019
seyewest:

Exactly US Homeland Dept won't allow someone with vast experience to rot away on Quora/Social Media (She's very good and remember I said may not be a Consular but very sure she has worked in various Embassy all over the world) but what do I know, it's just my gut feeling especially with her posting her pics isn't that risky?

Based on her profile, she's retired. The US Homeland Security cannot prevent her from sharing her opinion on how the US visa process works. There is nothing secret about it. She would not publicly claim to be a former US Homeland Security personnel freely on the web knowing fully well that is information that can be easily verified so chances she is lying about her experiences are close to zero.

Lastly, having her pictures on the web isn't really risky. America is quite safe. Americans, Canadians, Europeans etc. do not require US visas so frankly the only people who care about her opinion are Africans, Indians etc... no one she would need to be afraid of.

Here is a 2006 NY Times article of her being quoted in her capacity a a consular officer in Athens, Greece - https://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/13/sports/othersports/fighting-for-iraq-and-for-a-student-visa.html

7 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fcisca: 7:26am On Jun 01, 2019
She may be lucky to get an earlier date if she could keep checking. I know someone who got June 6 got Lagos just this week.
flourishing247:

Lagos has gotten to October if not further. I guess the visa will be for Christmas or next year

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fcisca: 7:48am On Jun 01, 2019
Not necessarily.
A good number of peeps that I know (colleagues) had successfully renewed their unused visas even without traveling elsewhere. One was invited after Dropbox and it was just a chat. No questions asked about the previous unused visa.
PinkSunset:
Aaah! Really? We didn't travel anywhere ooo. I guess we should start making travel plans then.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OmoBendel24: 7:49am On Jun 01, 2019
seyewest:

Seye, okay oh!

From the first image below (and the others too), giving particular attention to @the bolded, you no dey see say this one go be dem Lagos/AbujaNIV "teacher" and "elder sister"? And boasts of having processed 10,000s of visas?

I strongly believe she's whom she says she is. Person wey chop Russia in and out in "those" days? I say I believe say she be US Security "Agent" join sef!

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fcisca: 8:17am On Jun 01, 2019
I follow her on Quora and I believe she is legit and has a wealth of knowledge about our systems. She’d worked in several African countries including Nigeria and Kenya. She also trained a lot of our consular officers. That info about where she had worked even came up under another question not visa related.
OmoBendel24:

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fcisca: 8:27am On Jun 01, 2019
Answering questions on Quora isn’t a full-time job na so she isn’t rotting away, just answering questions based on her experiences. Lot of VIPs and foremost tech guys are on Quora too providing insights, some run special features on contemporary tech topics, etc. Quota isn’t just an average social media platform. It is a foremost sharing economy platform and many A-list programs had built extensive datasets from the content. We even had a whole project based on Quora, Airbnb and Uber back in School.
seyewest:

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Southural: 8:41am On Jun 01, 2019
The ds160 form is not accessable since on Thursday. Did anyone notice it?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OmoBendel24: 8:44am On Jun 01, 2019
fcisca:
I follow her on Quora and I believe she is legit and has a wealth of knowledge about our systems. She’d worked in several African countries including Nigeria and Kenya. She also trained a lot of our consular officers. That info about where she had worked even came up under another question not visa related.

Yeah, true.

I however believe too, strangely though, due to her online presence and the line of her discussion/mindset everywhere you come across her online, that she was even the VO (going by the moniker "VisaOfficer".) that officially brought the US Mission in Nigeria to NL.

Remember everyone thought then a man was behind the moniker, till the day she opened up she was a "she" and not a "he", if my memory serves me right.

See the below image

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Southural: 8:49am On Jun 01, 2019
I need advice.
Am 23 studying in Russia. By September will be in 300l denied 4 times.
Denied lastly 2017. It was a friend inviting me to come.
He said said the same information showing in past applications is still the same show as of last denial.
That I should make some changes and come back.
Please what changes can be made?
Then No travel history. Which the vo highlighted.
Now travel history Seychelles, Maldives, China.
Now I have a confrence I would like to attend.
Please I have followed this forum for long time.
Please what your view and

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (252)

Thread for South Korea prospective students / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.