Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,101 members, 7,883,854 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 05:20 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (539581 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (252) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Beautyaddy: 6:40pm On Jun 17, 2019
OmoBendel24:

An off record overstay in the US on a B1/B2 visa to my limited understanding is impossible. Unless maybe (like our people do in some other countries) someone else leaves the US with your passport, and you will be the only person that can enter the US with your fingerprint and visa surely, no one else can by flying in.

Yes, you are very correct.

The US VO's already know that and gave data to show that.

Now the cancellation of the drop-box for US visas renewal was also what I learnt that some people were doing to get their visas renewed without their physical presence in Nigeria.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OmoBendel24: 7:31pm On Jun 17, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Yes, you are very correct.

The US VO's already know that and gave data to show that.

Now the cancellation of the drop-box for US visas renewal was also what I learnt that some people were doing to get their visas renewed without their physical presence in Nigeria.

And where was their “physical presence”, in the US? That’s is the one I’m saying is IMPOSSIBLE except someone is able to lecture me on this sha. That’s a major loophole that will hardly exist.... Your presence in the US from their records - especially with an overstay added - invariably means your visa cannot be renewed from what I understand. You guys are actually doing my head in right now, making me feel I’m the only one in the dark per a possibility!

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ayenikunle: 7:40pm On Jun 17, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Hmmm...I see.

This must be a new development though...and why does it state being limited though. See this quote "certain types of travel history may not be provided".

Must be new Keh?

See ehn, stop confusing yourself.

Just know that they have all your records with them, including your movement in and out of the US.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ayenikunle: 7:42pm On Jun 17, 2019
OmoBendel24:

And where was their “physical presence”, in the US? That’s is the one I’m saying is IMPOSSIBLE except someone is able to lecture me on this sha. That’s a major loophole that will hardly exist.... Your presence in the US from their records - especially with an overstay added - invariably means your visa cannot be renewed from what I understand. You guys are actually doing my head in right now, making feel I’m the only one in the dark per a possibility!

Bros, I dey confuse too o.

There are some things that are just impossible, especially when it comes to the US.

You can't just beat the system, lailai.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 7:48pm On Jun 17, 2019
OmoBendel24:

And where was their “physical presence”, in the US? That’s is the one I’m saying is IMPOSSIBLE except someone is able to lecture me on this sha. That’s a major loophole that will hardly exist.... Your presence in the US from their records - especially with an overstay added - invariably means your visa cannot be renewed from what I understand. You guys are actually doing my head in right now, making feel I’m the only one in the dark per a possibility!
believe me when I say it possible but you will have to pay people and it thru agent...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Beautyaddy: 8:19pm On Jun 17, 2019
ayenikunle:

Must be new Keh?

See ehn, stop confusing yourself.

Just know that they have all your records with them, including your movement in and out of the US.

May be not really.

I wasn't aware that the US airports now have CBP/Immigration exit control officers to cater to people leaving the US.

I am aware that the Airlines staff at the counter scans passengers passport to know if that particular passenger is authorized to be given the boarding pass to board their plane to the receiving country.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ayenikunle: 9:02pm On Jun 17, 2019
Beautyaddy:

May be not really.

I wasn't aware that the US airports now have CBP/Immigration exit control officers to cater to people leaving the US.

I am aware that the Airlines staff at the counter scans passengers passport to know if that particular passenger is authorized to be given the boarding pass to board their plane to the receiving country.

Ok.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by aye88: 9:31pm On Jun 17, 2019
OmoBendel24:

Well, before I become a rumour monger, I also heard about it too. Someone told me. I dont know how true it is. It's not a personal knowledge. I was told. How possible it is, I'm not sure.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 9:49pm On Jun 17, 2019
Beautyaddy:

lol!...They were trying to beat the system by not needing to go back to Nigeria for renewing their current type of visa.

After overstaying?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 9:52pm On Jun 17, 2019
Beautyaddy:

lol!...They were trying to beat the system by not needing to go back to Nigeria for renewing their current type of visa.

After overstaying? The moment they leave U.S they will find it hard to return.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 10:14pm On Jun 17, 2019
OmoBendel24:

Well, I don’t see any possibility of @the bolded happening per the US B1/B2 visa, unless the US system gets compromised. OP, Beautyaddy and Awumen, I’m surprised at your post, really. Even my oga Overlord77 (off record, are you a “metalled officer” based on your 77 sir?) seems to be falling for this, not clear to me though.

Regular people like myself and you guys can check out our I-94 online without breaking a sweat. Then somebody that got into US having been ten-printed by the CBP will remain in the system and then be bold to even send in his/her passport for renewal? And will now have it renewed? You have to virtually kill them first! I think I have to be educated on this possibility sha, I don’t know this at all. Spend 181 days without permission for that one extra day and an alarm is triggered off on your visa, becoming as good as invalid.

Backdating date of arrival from the UK to Nigeria for example got “knocked” since 2012 (it used to cost £40-60 I think), they learnt from the Americans. The UK authorities will tell you the exact date you left their country if you try that yeye nonsense with them. I know a couple of persons that got repatriated back then. NIS even moved to changing their stamp/ink type every month then sef. It became difficult and almost useless to get them to do backdating for you.

I remember checking my I-94 history a few years ago while in Canada, I noticed they captured the date I last left but no POE, my wife’s wasn’t captured at all and it was some bit of worry for us (we actually left from LGA to YYZ). But on our next individual US visits after 6 months passed, we both noticed that they had a clear record of when we left their country.... They needed us out of Canada and the US first maybe, because that I-94 was still valid for a US comeback without hassles.

Same with me as per the bolded.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Lordcrixus: 11:01pm On Jun 17, 2019
Beautyaddy:

May be not really.

US and UK do not have exit control point, the airlines are mandated to submit details of every travelers out of the country to their border control. This is how they know who and who exited the country.
And for i94, it has been for donkey years in paper form just like you fill when you enter any UK airport, but the US just automated it(I think 2013) and it’s always available on the website.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Lordcrixus: 11:03pm On Jun 17, 2019
OmoBendel24:

And where was their “physical presence”, in the US? That’s is the one I’m saying is IMPOSSIBLE except someone is able to lecture me on this sha. That’s a major loophole that will hardly exist.... Your presence in the US from their records - especially with an overstay added - invariably means your visa cannot be renewed from what I understand. You guys are actually doing my head in right now, making me feel I’m the only one in the dark per a possibility!

I Dey feel your knowledge about this whole travel iss....keep it up man

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Mamatukwas: 11:23pm On Jun 17, 2019
Hello Everyone,

Please I’ve been trying to fill DS-160 form for my mom for the past 1 week without success. Everytime I fill the 1st page the session times out.

She got frustrated and even tried an agent but that one was a scam. No progress still. Please can anyone help me? Is there a link that we are not using correctly or something we are doing wrong? Please help. Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TWoods(m): 11:26pm On Jun 17, 2019
I agree too. I think the virtual visa renewal was mainly confined to f1 visa holders. If you notice, their I-94 record has no defined end date, just D/S. For those visas with clear I-94 expiry dates, there is no work around.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by oluayebenz: 11:37pm On Jun 17, 2019
OmoBendel24:

Spot on..... I salute you.

But seriously u be Oga

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by YomiFash86(m): 4:13am On Jun 18, 2019
Lordcrixus:

US and UK do not have exit control point, the airlines are mandated to submit details of every travelers out of the country to their border control. This is how they know who and who exited the country.
And for i94, it has been for donkey years in paper form just like you fill when you enter any UK airport, but the US just automated it(I think 2013) and it’s always available on the website.

You are very correct !!! However, CBP usually make occasional checks at the entrance door of the flight, I witnessed this in Baltimore airport in January 2019.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by maddock(m): 6:51am On Jun 18, 2019
OmoBendel24:

Well, I don’t see any possibility of @the bolded happening per the US B1/B2 visa, unless the US system gets compromised. OP, Beautyaddy and Awumen, I’m surprised at your post, really. Even my oga Overlord77 (off record, are you a “metalled officer” based on your 77 sir?) seems to be falling for this, not clear to me though.

Regular people like myself and you guys can check out our I-94 online without breaking a sweat. Then somebody that got into US having been ten-printed by the CBP will remain in the system and then be bold to even send in his/her passport for renewal? And will now have it renewed? You have to virtually kill them first! I think I have to be educated on this possibility sha, I don’t know this at all. Spend 181 days without permission for that one extra day and an alarm is triggered off on your visa, becoming as good as invalid.

Backdating date of arrival from the UK to Nigeria for example got “knocked” since 2012 (it used to cost £40-60 I think), they learnt from the Americans. The UK authorities will tell you the exact date you left their country if you try that yeye nonsense with them. I know a couple of persons that got repatriated back then. NIS even moved to changing their stamp/ink type every month then sef. It became difficult and almost useless to get them to do backdating for you.

I remember checking my I-94 history a few years ago while in Canada, I noticed they captured the date I last left but no POE, my wife’s wasn’t captured at all and it was some bit of worry for us (we actually left from LGA to YYZ). But on our next individual US visits after 6 months passed, we both noticed that they had a clear record of when we left their country.... They needed us out of Canada and the US first maybe, because that I-94 was still valid for a US comeback without hassles.

Quite agree with you it's absolutely impossible to renew your visa via Dropbox if you are still in US. Heard your visa is immediately flagged on their system when you exceed 6months irrespective of whether it was stamped on your entry. I have been to the US twice, the first time I was stamped for 6monts and the second time I wasnt stamped for any specific period of time. On how they know when you exit their borders all airline scanning machines are also linked to theirs, so they don't need to stamp your passport again. Immediately you scan your passport at the exit desk of your airline it is immediately flagged on their system that you are exiting, except you then refuse to board the plane but the question is how would you now exit from there. This must be some very high level stuff which would be highly impossible. So renewing visa via Dropbox while still in the US is very impossible. One very important fact people tend to miss is when you are stamped in for 3 or 6months, it doesn't automatically means you can stay that long especially for first time B1/2 visitors. What is paramount is what was your story when applying for the visa? You convinced the VO that you are staying only 21days because you have to return to your work or business, he granted the visa based in trust. You got in there was stamped for 3months and you spent two months thinking you were smart whereas you swore on your application that you are saying the truth. Lots of us perjure on our forms and those VO jejely would wait for us at the point of renewal to do the needful.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 9:21am On Jun 18, 2019
I think one thing we should be clear about regarding people sending their passport down to Nigeria for Dropbox renewal is that it makes no absolute sense in doing that for these various reasons.

1) Your entry and exit is documented and not only by the airline but by CBP before the full image scan machine at the airport or sea port.

2) The V.O that's suppose to renew your visa will always look for how many days you spent in U.S and look for any criminal record.

3) Renewing your visa while in U.S is for which purpose exactly? after overstaying or maybe your visa expired within 1-2 months of your latest visit to U.S and you decided to send it to Nigeria for renewal, I believe your passport should/will be seized immediately.

4) It's possible for some countries but very hard for Nigerians to do because we're not trustworthy.

Please let us rest this issue, it's only possible for f1 student and some visa categories not B1/B2 visa.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Mancala: 10:25am On Jun 18, 2019
I agree, it's theoretically impossible to renew a visiting visa remotely. Like many have mentioned, you will be automatically triggered as an overstay once your approved length of stay is exceeded. Passengaer information is transmitted to several government agencies including CBP, FBI etc and cross checked against several datase ... recall no fly list. In fact, if one is out of status, it is risky to fly. They have started picking folks up at the airport based on these facts.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Mamatukwas: 11:05am On Jun 18, 2019
Please oh. This is a real problem I’m having. I can even post the video here if you want to see. Has anyone had this issue or knows how to resolve it? Thank you.

Mamatukwas:
Hello Everyone,

Please I’ve been trying to fill DS-160 form for my mom for the past 1 week without success. Everytime I fill the 1st page the session times out.

She got frustrated and even tried an agent but that one was a scam. No progress still. Please can anyone help me? Is there a link that we are not using correctly or something we are doing wrong? Please help. Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ultimatebas(m): 1:45pm On Jun 18, 2019
Mamatukwas:
Please oh. This is a real problem I’m having. I can even post the video here if you want to see. Has anyone had this issue or knows how to resolve it? Thank you.

Change your internet browser.Try google chrome instead of internet explorer
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Mamatukwas: 3:02pm On Jun 18, 2019
ultimatebas:

Change your internet browser.Try google chrome instead of internet explorer

Done by my sister already. No luck still. We are all very frustrated.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Lordcrixus: 3:13pm On Jun 18, 2019
Mamatukwas:

Maybe you are wasting time or taking long to fill the page, try fill it faster and see what happens. Cos I think the page has a time limit by which it times out.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 3:25pm On Jun 18, 2019
Mamatukwas:

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-visaapply.asp
Try it with your phone
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 3:33pm On Jun 18, 2019
maddock:

Quite agree with you it's absolutely impossible to renew your visa via Dropbox if you are still in US. Heard your visa is immediately flagged on their system when you exceed 6months irrespective of whether it was stamped on your entry. I have been to the US twice, the first time I was stamped for 6monts and the second time I wasnt stamped for any specific period of time. On how they know when you exit their borders all airline scanning machines are also linked to theirs, so they don't need to stamp your passport again. Immediately you scan your passport at the exit desk of your airline it is immediately flagged on their system that you are exiting, except you then refuse to board the plane but the question is how would you now exit from there. This must be some very high level stuff which would be highly impossible. So renewing visa via Dropbox while still in the US is very impossible. One very important fact people tend to miss is when you are stamped in for 3 or 6months, it doesn't automatically means you can stay that long especially for first time B1/2 visitors. What is paramount is what was your story when applying for the visa? You convinced the VO that you are staying only 21days because you have to return to your work or business, he granted the visa based in trust. You got in there was stamped for 3months and you spent two months thinking you were smart whereas you swore on your application that you are saying the truth. Lots of us perjure on our forms and those VO jejely would wait for us at the point of renewal to do the needful.

This is why their Visa's don't get renewed. They overstay the days written on their forms
The VO that interviewed me looked me in the eyes and asked if I'm sure the days I indicated is exactly what I will stay in the US. I answered yes cos I know I don't plan to overstay one day. I'm sure she noted it.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Weperwema: 3:53pm On Jun 18, 2019
Hello everyone,please I need help as regards visa interview for my mother-in-law. DW is due to travel by August 2nd but the visa interview date for the Mum is September 16. Infact,she would have been on her way back by then..how can I change the date of interview to like 1st Week of August and what documents do I need to submit? Pls helpppppppp......
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 4:10pm On Jun 18, 2019
Quick question on immigrant visa my mom who is a Greencard holder petition for us me and my younger bros... Last year November any idea if our petition can be approve this year.... We are below 21 I no write any exam or jamb this year and she keeps telling me this year that I shouldn't worry?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Mamatukwas: 5:14pm On Jun 18, 2019
Lordcrixus:

Maybe you are wasting time or taking long to fill the page, try fill it faster and see what happens. Cos I think the page has a time limit by which it times out.

Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Mamatukwas: 5:14pm On Jun 18, 2019
flourishing247:

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-visaapply.asp
Try it with your phone

Trying now. Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jun 18, 2019
Spanishmilf:
Quick question on immigrant visa my mom who is a Greencard holder petition for us me and my younger bros... Last year November any idea if our petition can be approve this year.... We are below 21 I no write any exam or jamb this year and she keeps telling me this year that I shouldn't worry?
below 21 you both are F2A category, your priority date is F2A 15JUL17, means everybody who applied before this date is ready to come to US. Your application is November 2018, still waiting in line but it could move very fast.
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2019/visa-bulletin-for-june-2019.html

Pack your suitcases, your mom needs to pay for visa and do all the process online, next month July 2019 it says is C (Current), there is online process for your mother to do, tell her to pay ASAP for your visa, once she paid, you are IN, even if the date changes back, now is CURRENT from July.
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2019/visa-bulletin-for-july-2019.html
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 5:36pm On Jun 18, 2019
123JohnF:

below 21 you both are F2A category, your priority date is F2A 15JUL17, means everybody who applied before this date is ready to come to US. Your application is November 2018, still waiting in line but it could move very fast.
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2019/visa-bulletin-for-june-2019.html

Pack your suitcases, your mom needs to pay for visa and do all the process online, next month July 2019 it says is C (Current), there is online process for your mother to do, tell her to pay ASAP for your visa, once she paid, you are IN, even if the date changes back, now is CURRENT from July.
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2019/visa-bulletin-for-july-2019.html
is it still possible our petition will be approved this year because depression is already killing someone aswear all my mate are in school but she is telling me this year by God grace

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (252)

Thread for South Korea prospective students / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.