Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,418 members, 7,891,814 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 07:50 PM

Opinion: The Need For A Vibrant Unionism And Activism In Laspotech - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Opinion: The Need For A Vibrant Unionism And Activism In Laspotech (208 Views)

Students Unionism, A Lost Tale; Case Study On Nans And Sug / South West: Unionism In Federal Universities Dying? / Kogi Govt Bans Unionism In State-owned Tertiary Institutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Opinion: The Need For A Vibrant Unionism And Activism In Laspotech by Laspotect247(m): 6:00pm On Mar 27, 2019
[b][/b]

Opinion: The need for a vibrant unionism and activism in laspotech.

By @lasspotech24/7.

Greatest Nigeria students, Ever sagacious laspotians today  I write to you on the need to consolidate the effort of our past student leaders and also rebuilding the image of student unionism in laspotech.

Why do we need a union?

This is the question on the lips of every student in our nation  who felt betrayed by the actions of our leaders, who have turned unionism to a negotiations platform for politicians and school authorities at the detriment of the students.

Unionism is meant for the student, to enjoy, have access to information concerning them and assuring them of hope for a better tomorrow, through proper consolidation, consultation and confrontation with the management.

The game is game but the game as changed, unionism has been hijacked by mediocres leaving students in the lions den.

Bad leadership is like cancer to every developing institution and must be eradicated at early stage before its destroys the institution completely.

Why do we need a vibrant unionist in laspotech?

As a new student in the school, I would like to commend the leadership who has done one or two things to keep the union moving forward, but their best is not enough and there is a need for us restructure unionism in laspotech.

The lingering crises between the non teaching staff and the management is another show of shame and a weakness on the path of the student union body, the SUG without taking sides is suppose to write both parties, thereby restoring peace back to the campus.

It's is also observed that there's a comunication gap between the union leaders and the student, which has made it difficult for the students to question the attitude and activities of the student union leaders.

In the course of my research I also find out that the union leaders at the end of their tenure fail to give an account on how they utilize the funds avaliable to them, if a union leader who as  promised us accountability and transparency during electioneering period, he should be able to tell us the state of the finance of the association in which we all contributed to.

Capital projects: it has been the usual manner of all student union leaders to share note books and other inferior stuffs as their capital project, this should be rejected by all well meaning laspotians, the Era of exercise book should be gone, the union should engage critical stake holders on what to do and how to go about it, instead of offering peanuts to students and the end of the year.

Laspotians should crave for someone who represent their interest, some one who can't be compromise, someone who's ready to take up the battle, ensuring that all laspotians have one or two reasons to smile.

In my next column I would be talking more about who I feel can take us to that greater laspotech we desire.

God bless laspotech.

(1) (Reply)

School Of Nursing, Abubakar Tafawa Balewa Teaching Hospital, Bauchi - Provi / Exact Points Where Things Can Turn Around For You / Please Help My Little Survey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.