Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,355 members, 7,929,119 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 09:24 AM

Kizz Daniel's "One Ticket" Not Fit For Marriage Ceremony -- OAP Michael Effiong - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Kizz Daniel's "One Ticket" Not Fit For Marriage Ceremony -- OAP Michael Effiong (413 Views)

MC Tom Dancing During Wedding Ceremony (Photos) / Marriage Ceremony Gone Sour As Bride Is Found To Be HIV Positive / Lady Serves As Best Man At A Wedding Ceremony In Bayelsa State. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kizz Daniel's "One Ticket" Not Fit For Marriage Ceremony -- OAP Michael Effiong by Topbaze: 12:28am On Mar 28, 2019
Warri based OAP at Kpoko FM, michael Effiong aka MikeMike slams Nigerian DJs via Twitter for playing "One ticket" at wedding ceremony. He tweets;

"Stop playing break up songs at marriage ceremony"

Music is good for the soul, it heals, repairs and energizes ones spirit, but I think there are some songs that befit certain occasion or mood. My attention has been drawn to the kind of songs some of our DJs play in certain occasion. I was MCing a marriage ceremony some days ago and while the DJ was playing, a lady walked up to me and said "MC please tell the DJ to stop that song, how can he be playing a break up song on my friend's marriage day, does he want them to break up?".
I acted and told the DJ to switch play and later I talked to him about the song he just played. First he argued, later he apologized and saw my reason. I observed that some DJs don't even understand the lyrics of some songs all they care about is the beat and rhythms. Music is not about the beat alone the lyrics matter. How can you be playing "one ticket by Kizz Daniel and Davido on someone's marriage day, or Game over by Psquare, Not the girl by Darey, Survivor by Destiny's Child.
These are all break up songs. Though I respect these artists for their works but Naija DJs should learn to listen to songs before slamming it.

(1) (Reply)

Ongoing Live At The Trek Africa Entrepreneurship Conference 2019 / Oluwayemisi Kayode Adebayo Set To Fight Lack Of Direction Among Youth. / How To Dress For My Traditional Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.