Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,634 members, 7,901,945 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 06:05 PM

Truckload Of Beer Crashes In Akwa Ibom, Residents Get Free Beer - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Truckload Of Beer Crashes In Akwa Ibom, Residents Get Free Beer (48287 Views)

Abuja Residents Storm Accident Scene With Buckets, Others For Free Beer / Mob Burnt Truckload Of Salt In Onitsha After Driver Crushed Cart Pusher To Death / Accident Survivors Celebrate With Bottles Of Beer On The Road In Imo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Truckload Of Beer Crashes In Akwa Ibom, Residents Get Free Beer by namiji2598: 8:23am On Mar 30, 2019
komodapson:

There is indeed two benefits have highlighted for the opportunistic passerby who drank this beer...

1: peradventure he/she has a strain malaria plasmodium parasite yet to manifest into malaria, the active ingredients hot beer would dislodge malaria parasite.

2: beer could serve as substitute for food, if he was feeling ravenous...2 - 3 bottles would b OK for the day.

3. if he was feeling depressed before, contemplating suicide...a bottle or 2 would surely lighten his mood...

but note...if you go pass your level...awoof go enter 5 bottles... Ur fuckup...I go dey wait to c am for Instagram inside my house 4 here
I drink it too, and since yesterday my body is weak, free beer free malaria

1 Like

Re: Truckload Of Beer Crashes In Akwa Ibom, Residents Get Free Beer by namiji2598: 8:26am On Mar 30, 2019
DonCrack:
A truck carrying loaded crates of beer crashed and blocked the road before Abak bridge in Akwa Ibom. The incident was said to have happened on Thursday, March 28th.

It was gathered that some passersby and sympathizers who gathered at the accident scene, used the opportunity to drink bottles of beer which were in the crashed vehicle.

The truck and broken bottle were eventually evacuated after the incident caused a traffic gridlock in the area.

See More: https://www.hgsmediaplus.com.ng/2019/03/residents-gets-free-beer-as-truckload.html?m=1

the person that snap this pictures made a mistake, how the hell I am in the place but u did not snap me,,, I need to see my self in those pictures
Re: Truckload Of Beer Crashes In Akwa Ibom, Residents Get Free Beer by hahn(m): 10:01am On Mar 30, 2019
LoJ:

No bashing but a question dear for you and Hahn who led me here:

If it were paper money and you happened to be on the ground. Would you have picked the notes?

Fvck the banks! grin

But you missed ishilove's point. It's more like if your money in a truck was all over the street how would you feel about people picking it up and thanking their god for the blessing?
Re: Truckload Of Beer Crashes In Akwa Ibom, Residents Get Free Beer by Youngpo413: 11:22am On Mar 30, 2019
namiji2598:

no
but I stay in ibagwa barrack,am a Corp member
I know the barrack sha,my place is not very far from Government Technical College...and I'm sure you know the school.
Re: Truckload Of Beer Crashes In Akwa Ibom, Residents Get Free Beer by namiji2598: 11:30am On Mar 30, 2019
Youngpo413:
I know the barrack sha,my place is not very far from Government Technical College...and I'm sure you know the school.
yea...indeed ibom is a cool place to serve
Re: Truckload Of Beer Crashes In Akwa Ibom, Residents Get Free Beer by Ozkar: 12:07pm On Mar 30, 2019
ThothHermes:
You know this how

because they have strong traditions deeply rooted in respect for and kindness to others. Unlike in Nigeria, bad behaviour is the exception and not the norm.

Here, is normal for the majority to try to exploit you the first chance they get and then try to justify it by saying it's your fault and you weren't sharp. Same way you are here claiming it's normal behaviour.
Re: Truckload Of Beer Crashes In Akwa Ibom, Residents Get Free Beer by ThothHermes: 12:22pm On Mar 30, 2019
Ozkar:
because they have strong traditions deeply rooted in respect for and kindness to others. Unlike in Nigeria, bad behaviour is the exception and not the norm.

Here, is normal for the majority to try to exploit you the first chance they get and then try to justify it by saying it's your fault and you weren't sharp. Same way you are here claiming it's normal behaviour.
Japan is the exception. Humans will try to get ahead the first chance. You are right that traditional values and the fact that most people are economically prosperous will make them act that way. The circumstances affecting Nigerians are different and it influences behavior to a large degree.

This is a Telegraph story showing looting in Japan after the 2011 earthquake.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/japan/japan-earthquake-and-tsunami-in/8395153/Japan-earthquake-Looting-reported-by-desperate-survivors.html
Re: Truckload Of Beer Crashes In Akwa Ibom, Residents Get Free Beer by Ozkar: 1:18pm On Mar 30, 2019
ThothHermes:
Japan is the exception. Humans will try to get ahead the first chance. You are right that traditional values and the fact that most people are economically prosperous will make them act that way. The circumstances affecting Nigerians are different and it influences behavior to a large degree.

This is a Telegraph story showing looting in Japan after the 2011 earthquake.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/japan/japan-earthquake-and-tsunami-in/8395153/Japan-earthquake-Looting-reported-by-desperate-survivors.html
if you remember my first post (which you tried to shut me up for), I started out by saying there's no real difference between humans and animals. At their core, they both follow base instinct which is mostly greedy and selfish.

A goat walks by your house and sees a tuber of yam lying on the ground, it doesn't think twice. It doesn't care whether you bought it with your last money to feed hungry kids. All it cares about is that it wants to eat and it likes yam.

The point of that post was that every human has that tendency, however we give in (to that tendency) more in this part of the world, despite all the religious and cultural influence. So you haven't even said anything different.

My comment about exceptions wasn't about humans generally. It was about the Japanese and bad behaviour. The example of the post-earthquake looting is one such exception. The fear and despair that natural disasters create is enough to turn the best behaved person into a scavenger scratching and clawing to survive. Take away the natural disaster and you'd be hard pressed to find another instance of mass Japanese looting in this century.

The persons that looted the bottles of beer had no such extraordinary circumstance. No pressure to try to survive. It's just who they are. And it's not like it's something as valuable as money; ordinary drinks they probably don't even need. With another truck on another street in another state in Nigeria, the result would hardly be different. People would come to loot even if it's fuel that can explode at any time and kill them.

It's just like the goat and the lonely tuber of yam. With another goat on another road in front of another house, the goat would go for the yam every time. No second thoughts.

Humans... Animals... Little difference.
Re: Truckload Of Beer Crashes In Akwa Ibom, Residents Get Free Beer by ThothHermes: 1:31pm On Mar 30, 2019
Ozkar:
if you remember my first post (which you tried to shut me up for), I started out by saying there's no real difference between humans and animals. At their core, they both follow base instinct which is mostly greedy and selfish.

A goat walks by your house and sees a tuber of yam lying on the ground, it doesn't think twice. It doesn't care whether you bought it with your last money to feed hungry kids. All it cares about is that it wants to eat and it likes yam.

The point of that post was that every human has that tendency, however we give in (to that tendency) more in this part of the world, despite all the religious and cultural influence. So you haven't even said anything different.

My comment about exceptions wasn't about humans generally. It was about the Japanese and bad behaviour. The example of the post-earthquake looting is one such exception. The fear and despair that natural disasters create is enough to turn the best behaved person into a scavenger scratching and clawing to survive. Take away the natural disaster and you'd be hard pressed to find another instance of mass Japanese looting in this century.

The persons that looted the bottles of beer had no such extraordinary circumstance. No pressure to try to survive. It's just who they are. And it's not like it's something as valuable as money; ordinary drinks they probably don't even need. With another truck on another street in another state in Nigeria, the result would hardly be different. People would come to loot even if it's fuel that can explode at any time and kill them.

It's just like the goat and the lonely tuber of yam. With another goat on another road in front of another house, the goat would go for the yam every time. No second thoughts.

Humans... Animals... Little difference.
Nigerians, like the majority of humans will give in to that tendency you speak of.
Japan is the exception. Why don't you give other examples?

How do you define an extraordinary circumstance?

If those Japanese had not looted when they did, I'm sure you will still have used it as another stick to beat Nigerians.

Your points are well taken though.
Re: Truckload Of Beer Crashes In Akwa Ibom, Residents Get Free Beer by chris31(m): 4:55pm On Mar 30, 2019
namiji2598:

some people even park crates inside their cars self and take it home,I was in the place, some are even coming with their personal cars to pack their own share
This is Nigeria
Re: Truckload Of Beer Crashes In Akwa Ibom, Residents Get Free Beer by Youngpo413: 6:09pm On Mar 30, 2019
namiji2598:
yea...indeed ibom is a cool place to serve
yeah...enjoy.
Re: Truckload Of Beer Crashes In Akwa Ibom, Residents Get Free Beer by Nobody: 6:23pm On Mar 30, 2019
hahn:

Fvck the banks! grin

But you missed ishilove's point. It's more like if your money in a truck was all over the street how would you feel about people picking it up and thanking their god for the blessing?
I did not miss her point and I quite understand.

Still, my question aims at outlining a more fundamental point:The truth is most people blaming them for taking the beers do so because they don't like beer so much in the first place . I can bet you if it were paper money on the ground, they would all go down and pick it.

What is the fundamental difference between these beer and money? Is it not all the same in the eyes of the owner?

So before we judge, we muss understand.
Re: Truckload Of Beer Crashes In Akwa Ibom, Residents Get Free Beer by Nostradamus: 1:50pm On Aug 03, 2020
Damn!!!

I pity the businessman who owns the haulage firm transporting those drinks.

Anyways,insurance will cover the truck sha. I don't know about the wasted drinks.
Re: Truckload Of Beer Crashes In Akwa Ibom, Residents Get Free Beer by jaxxy(m): 4:18pm On Nov 11, 2020
Ishilove:
Nigerians are so greedy. They don't even care about the losses being incurred by the company and truck owner. All they care about is stuffing their bellies with the fruits of other people's sweat. After they will complain about corruption and how useless the government is, forgetting that the Nigerian government is a reflection of it's electorate.

Hopeless leeches.

They are only copying their lawless leaders. It is a cycle of subconscious following and behavioral patten.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Missing Air Force Alpha Jet Found Crashed At Abba-Jille, Fate Of Pilots Unknown / Rare Picture Of Niger Bridge In Onitsha / Fire On Otedola Bridge Guts Multiple Vehicles (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.