Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,768 members, 7,965,904 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 01:39 AM

18 Unpopular Opinions About Danfo (thread) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 18 Unpopular Opinions About Danfo (thread) (15336 Views)

The Interiors Of The New Lagos Danfo Buses (Photos) / Reckless Danfo Driver Collides With A Toyota Hiace Bus On Otedola Bridge / New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 18 Unpopular Opinions About Danfo (thread) by Timekeeper: 7:35pm On Mar 30, 2019
Most of those agberos are Igbo boys.... They are just disguising as Yoruba to cause riot..

My brothers from the yeast love agbero work like die

Igbo men and agbero be like 5 & 6

1 Like

Re: 18 Unpopular Opinions About Danfo (thread) by Orpe7(m): 7:37pm On Mar 30, 2019
Do u know that the engine in a danfo bus isnt the same engine that comes with it.
These guys revamp the vehicle both engine, seats and shocks springs. All to make it the perfect transport bus to climb covert, speed etx

2 Likes

Re: 18 Unpopular Opinions About Danfo (thread) by Nobody: 7:37pm On Mar 30, 2019
pocohantas:
I remember entering one and my friend and the conductor get argument over "change".

Entered one bus two days later and the conductor said "sisi, how that your jagajaga friend? grin". Took me some minutes to realize it is same bus/conductor. Those guys have photogenic memory o

I swear down, I remember one day I took bus from mile 2, I was on native attire. I gave conductor money, conductor say : oga I no fit collect the money from u, I know u, u enter my bus one time ago I no fit remember but I know say u be officer. I shock.

5 Likes

Re: 18 Unpopular Opinions About Danfo (thread) by simple250: 7:38pm On Mar 30, 2019
When u hear conductor saying ma sye wedding..just know that he is going to join 5 passengers together because of change grin

4 Likes

Re: 18 Unpopular Opinions About Danfo (thread) by oluwatobipaul7(m): 7:43pm On Mar 30, 2019
� All so true!
Re: 18 Unpopular Opinions About Danfo (thread) by emerged01(m): 7:45pm On Mar 30, 2019
Auto Josh you no lie at all.

1 Like

Re: 18 Unpopular Opinions About Danfo (thread) by Warlord3000(m): 7:46pm On Mar 30, 2019
pocohantas:
I remember entering one and my friend and the conductor get argument over "change".

Entered one bus two days later and the conductor said "sisi, how that your jagajaga friend? grin". Took me some minutes to realize it is same bus/conductor. Those guys have photogenic memory o

Photographic memory

2 Likes

Re: 18 Unpopular Opinions About Danfo (thread) by pocohantas(f): 7:49pm On Mar 30, 2019
Warlord3000:

Photographic memory

Thanks ojare smiley

MyphoneandI:

I swear down, I remember one day I took bus from mile 2, I was on native attire. I gave conductor money, conductor say : oga I no fit collect the money from u, I know u, u enter my bus one time ago I no fit remember but I know say u be officer. I shock.

Maybe it comes with the job, abi is it a skill they acquire on the job? cheesy

1 Like

Re: 18 Unpopular Opinions About Danfo (thread) by izzou(m): 7:49pm On Mar 30, 2019
pocohantas:

Conductors and change wahala

You enter in the morning- They won't have change
You enter in the afternoon - They still won't have change
You enter at night - They still won't have change

Countless times, I've had to drink unnecessary bottle water because I no get strength to shout

6 Likes

Re: 18 Unpopular Opinions About Danfo (thread) by obinoral1179(m): 7:50pm On Mar 30, 2019
Always negotiate your tfare if they tell ikeja to Berger #150 tell them #100 ...... Always ask fellow passengers for change if you with high denominations if not you will join..... Lagos for show...
Re: 18 Unpopular Opinions About Danfo (thread) by IjebuWarrior: 7:54pm On Mar 30, 2019
laughitall:
I will take public bus next week I want to observe this stuff

Really? angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 18 Unpopular Opinions About Danfo (thread) by obinoral1179(m): 7:56pm On Mar 30, 2019
izzou:

Countless times, I've had to drink unnecessary bottle water because I no get strength to shout
on Friday I bought burns abi puff because of change at oshodi and the babe wey they join is with just troway face and just today a woman was joined with me, I jejely follow her to her garage and ask the next conductor for change before going my way....

1 Like

Re: 18 Unpopular Opinions About Danfo (thread) by obinoral1179(m): 7:56pm On Mar 30, 2019
Note sanle price is different from garage price. If you know you know.
Re: 18 Unpopular Opinions About Danfo (thread) by laughitall(m): 8:07pm On Mar 30, 2019
IjebuWarrior:

Really? angry
yea
Re: 18 Unpopular Opinions About Danfo (thread) by Tamtdollz(f): 8:07pm On Mar 30, 2019
And there's the fact they all have bad seat belts, it's either you sit on it or tuck it behind your back

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 18 Unpopular Opinions About Danfo (thread) by midnighter(f): 8:08pm On Mar 30, 2019
ednut1:
na always women dey fight over change. Bet y

because they always try to dupe women for change its very annoying angry

Thats why im happy when the shoprite cashiers give me my N200 in N10 notes...they will be apologising but they dont know how they have helped me...lol
Re: 18 Unpopular Opinions About Danfo (thread) by tajuh: 8:08pm On Mar 30, 2019
amaniro:
About number two. I remember the first time I came to Lagos. The conductor was shouting *shodi shodi shodi * I didn't know it was oshodi. grin

Your own beta, barely I came to lazgidi,i heard wazo and didn't have a clue. Stood there for almost an hour thinking egbeda wazo was a bus stop. It was a neighbor passing by that saved me that day.

1 Like

Re: 18 Unpopular Opinions About Danfo (thread) by amaniro: 8:10pm On Mar 30, 2019
tajuh:

Your own beta, barely I came to lazgidi,i heard wazo and didn't have a clue. Stood there for almost an hour thinking egbeda wazo was a bus stop. It was a neighbor passing by that saved me that day.

Lol Lagos transport system is wack.

1 Like

Re: 18 Unpopular Opinions About Danfo (thread) by tajuh: 8:11pm On Mar 30, 2019
obinoral1179:
on Friday I bought burns abi puff because of change at oshodi and the babe wey they join is with just troway face and just today a woman was joined with me, I jejely follow her to her garage and ask the next conductor for change before going my way....

Gala never finish for Lagos.
Re: 18 Unpopular Opinions About Danfo (thread) by ednut1(m): 8:11pm On Mar 30, 2019
midnighter:

because they always try to dupe women for change its very annoying angry

Thats why im happy when the shoprite cashiers give me my N200 in N10 notes...they will be apologising but they dont know how they have helped me...lol
because una too stingy abeg

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 18 Unpopular Opinions About Danfo (thread) by seunny4lif(m): 8:12pm On Mar 30, 2019
OP
What of join change grin

Re: 18 Unpopular Opinions About Danfo (thread) by midnighter(f): 8:13pm On Mar 30, 2019
ednut1:
because una too stingy abeg

because of gender inequality and wage gaps smiley we dont have money to spare! kiss

1 Like

Re: 18 Unpopular Opinions About Danfo (thread) by ednut1(m): 8:17pm On Mar 30, 2019
midnighter:

because of gender inequality and wage gaps smiley we dont have money to spare! kiss
hahahaha chai.

1 Like

Re: 18 Unpopular Opinions About Danfo (thread) by pocohantas(f): 8:21pm On Mar 30, 2019
izzou:

You don't blame them na.
When people dey always give them big big money. I no dey use eye see small bills o. Once I enter your car and sight those N20, N50 in the cupholder...I grab them all.
Re: 18 Unpopular Opinions About Danfo (thread) by midnighter(f): 8:22pm On Mar 30, 2019
Sometimes they will cover their window with church and football stickers to the point where you wonder how they can see where they are going

the seat on the second row behind the engine that burns your legs at times should cost less money

the front row seat by the window should be allocated by quota..allow women to take it to encourage them to work in the harsh economy cool
Re: 18 Unpopular Opinions About Danfo (thread) by midnighter(f): 8:22pm On Mar 30, 2019
ednut1:
hahahaha chai.

cheesy
Re: 18 Unpopular Opinions About Danfo (thread) by Topmaike007(m): 8:22pm On Mar 30, 2019
ramdris:
All got me cracking up...
you will hear oya pilot your side grin

1 Like

Re: 18 Unpopular Opinions About Danfo (thread) by izzou(m): 8:24pm On Mar 30, 2019
pocohantas:

You don't blame them na.
When people dey always give them big big money. I no dey use eye see small bills o. Once I enter your car and sight those N20, N50 in the cupholder...I grab them all.

I hate N20 angry
Re: 18 Unpopular Opinions About Danfo (thread) by Topmaike007(m): 8:25pm On Mar 30, 2019
tajuh:

lolz cheesy
Re: 18 Unpopular Opinions About Danfo (thread) by izzou(m): 8:25pm On Mar 30, 2019
midnighter:
Sometimes they will cover their window with church and football stickers to the point where you wonder how they can see where they are going

the seat on the second row behind the engine that burns your legs at times should cost less money

the front row seat by the window should be allocated by quota..allow women to take it to encourage them to work in the harsh economy cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 18 Unpopular Opinions About Danfo (thread) by Topmaike007(m): 8:26pm On Mar 30, 2019
Tamtdollz:
And there's the fact they all have bad seat belts, it's either you sit on it or tuck it behind your back
that's the fun of lasgidi
Re: 18 Unpopular Opinions About Danfo (thread) by tajuh: 8:27pm On Mar 30, 2019
Let me add mine

1. Your protest or lack of it does not matter to them as they cross the median and zoom off with top speed

2. Arranging is not part of the deal. A fat person will be accorded the next seat even if all the passengers on that seat are obese. Thier " su sen yi Jo" (shift jo) offers no consolation..

3. Conductors are the first reason why you should learn Yoruba language fast else ......

4. The siren they mimick when the conductor start his trafficator responsibility is legendary. They have different sound and guess what! It is only the driver that understand them

5. The art of making you forget your change by holding on is another sore spot. Fortunately that is a dying culture as lagosians are wiser. Taking curses is a fast cure to this. Conductor I swear if I forget my change ....

Add ya own.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Easter: Abuja Airport Witnesses Traffic Upsurge / To Marry Or Not To Marry / Sanwo-Olu Takes A Tour Of The Recently Completed Lagos City Train (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.