Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,996 members, 7,938,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 04:13 PM

Unemployment: Nigeria Ranks 6 In Top 10 Miserable Countries In The World - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Unemployment: Nigeria Ranks 6 In Top 10 Miserable Countries In The World (657 Views)

FRSC Salary Structure, Ranks & Recruitment Details / The Nigerian Navy Monthly Salary And Allowance | See Naval Officers Ranks / Top 10 Lucrative Blue-collar Jobs In Nigeria To Beat Graduate Unemployment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unemployment: Nigeria Ranks 6 In Top 10 Miserable Countries In The World by engeesbee: 3:40pm On Mar 31, 2019
The recently published report by Steve Hanke, an economist from John Hopkins University in Baltimore, United state, listed Nigeria, Venezuela, Iran, Brazil, others among the first ten (10) miserable countries in the world.

According to the report Venezuela was listed as the most miserable country in the world. Reacting to this Hanke said, “Venezuela holds the inglorious title of the most miserable country in the world in 2018, as it did in 2017, 2016, and 2015.”

However, Argentina jumped to the No. 2 spot after yet another peso crisis. Since its founding, Argentina has been burdened with numerous economic crises. Most can be laid at the feet of domestic mismanagement and currency problems.

Iran took third in the ranking, before Brazil that made it to the fourth position. Turkey took the fifth position as the giant of Africa Nigeria emerged sixth.

The Misery Index was calculated using economic indices including unemployment, inflation and bank lending rates. For Nigeria, unemployment rate was the major contributing factor to its miserable state.

Continue reading on https://skynewsngr.com/nigeria-ranks-6-in-top-10-miserable-countries-in-the-world/

Re: Unemployment: Nigeria Ranks 6 In Top 10 Miserable Countries In The World by okosodo: 4:19pm On Mar 31, 2019
Lie, Nigeria should be first. Imagine people supporting a complete goat to lead them because it is what allah said

2 Likes

Re: Unemployment: Nigeria Ranks 6 In Top 10 Miserable Countries In The World by Texman21: 4:43pm On Mar 31, 2019
okosodo:
Lie, Nigeria should be first. Imagine people supporting a complete goat to lead them because it is what allah said
people like you i dont even know what to say to you no matter what the truth is you will never open your eyes to see it
Re: Unemployment: Nigeria Ranks 6 In Top 10 Miserable Countries In The World by ehinmowo: 6:27pm On Mar 31, 2019
The way this cartographers keep writing Lagos inside Atlantic sea baffles me. Dem dey plan to submerge Lagos?

I was going through GDP per head of nations around the world yesterday. I couldn't but notice how miserable the Africa Continent is.
Re: Unemployment: Nigeria Ranks 6 In Top 10 Miserable Countries In The World by LeopardX: 8:55pm On Mar 31, 2019
You are in a thick forest and it is very very dark, even in the daytime. You can't even see the person by your side. And you don't even have a lamp or anything that can help you navigate your path. That is Nigeria for you.
Finding a solution to Nigeria's multidimensional problems is also another big problem itself. It's either we disintegrate or we are rediscovered (recolonised) . Otherwise, our suffering continues. We are used to it afterall!

(1) (Reply)

Get Me A Job And Collect My 50k Entire Savings / Part-time Teaching Job In Ilesa Osun State / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.