Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,052 members, 7,966,856 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 05:34 AM

You Can Admire Him But ‘messi Is Not God, It’s A Sacrilege – Pope Francis - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / You Can Admire Him But ‘messi Is Not God, It’s A Sacrilege – Pope Francis (336 Views)

Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" / Christian Chukwu: After God, It’s Otedola In My Life / "Thank God It's Bayern" - Klopp Reacts After UCL Round Of 16 Draw (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Can Admire Him But ‘messi Is Not God, It’s A Sacrilege – Pope Francis by cheapgoals(m): 4:19pm On Apr 01, 2019
The leader of the Catholic Church and sovereign of the Vatican City State Pope Francis confesses to taking “Joy” from the performances of FC Barcelona forward but believes high applause is wrongly bestowed but is eager to point out that the Barcelona talisman “is not God”.

Many believe the mercurial South American to be a deity, with his achievement increasing present expectations of individual greatness.

He is loved and worshipped as a hero by millions around the globe and has seen his record-breaking on-field performances lead to him being showered with applause and real distinctions – both with his team and individually.

“You can’t say it and I don’t believe it. I think people say ‘he is God’ just as they say ‘I adore you’. You have to adore only God.

“It’s expressions that people use. This is a god with the ball on the pitch. It’s a popular way that people have of expressing themselves.

“Of course, it is a joy [to watch Messi play]. But he is not God.”

READ MORE ON

https://cheapgoals.com/you-can-admire-him-but-messi-is-not-god-its-a-sacrilege-pope-francis/
Re: You Can Admire Him But ‘messi Is Not God, It’s A Sacrilege – Pope Francis by HzPFatIfmDERR9M3(m): 6:34pm On Apr 01, 2019
Father no mind humans with their exaggeration
Re: You Can Admire Him But ‘messi Is Not God, It’s A Sacrilege – Pope Francis by Doubra12(m): 8:15pm On Apr 01, 2019
True talk

(1) (Reply)

gffsdd / Juventus How @ The Mighty Fallen / Up Barca

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.