Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,208 members, 7,923,063 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 05:54 PM

Burning Furore: What If It Were Bibles? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Burning Furore: What If It Were Bibles? (1271 Views)

Two Babies Delivered At Furore IDP Camp In Yola (photos) / See Photos Of Internally Displaced Person Camp(IDP),Furore,Adamawa(Photos) / Senate Leadership: Furore Over Decision Of S-west Senator To Vote Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Burning Furore: What If It Were Bibles? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Sep 09, 2010
No offense y'all, especially the reasonable moslems out there. But I find the discordant noises and hue and cry about a proposed Quran burning exercise to be rather laughable, and a confirmation of the inherent belligerence and violence of Islam and its practitioners.

Honestly, do you think Christians across the world would be threatening fire and brimstones if some islamic fanatics in Yemen (for instance) decide to burn bibles? Lets be honest. Would the typical Christian reaction not be to "leave them to suffer the divine consequences of their actions"? What is it about moslems and their predictably rabid and nihilistic reaction to supposed 'provocation'? What is the fuss about, for crying out loud?

That was how some Islamic miscreants in Gombe state stripped a female school teacher naked , bludgeoned her to death, and decapitated her - merely because she seized a Quran from some dullard that was using it to cheat during an examination (a few years ago). Must we keep tolerating these barbaric lot all in the name of 'political correctness'? If we see truth make we talk abeg!
Re: Burning Furore: What If It Were Bibles? by cicero(m): 10:13pm On Sep 09, 2010
Muslims have been burning bible and even killing christians but that's normal.
Talk of burning the quran and the whole world is peeing in their pants.
Is this not islamic supremacy?
Re: Burning Furore: What If It Were Bibles? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Sep 09, 2010
cicero:

Muslims have been burning bible and even killing christians but that's normal.
Talk of burning the quran and the whole world is peeing in their pants.
Is this not islamic supremacy?

Thats the impression one gets. It's almost as if they have a monopoly of violence, the threat of which they flaunt at every flimsy 'provocation'. As if it's only moslems that get provoked. It's really sickening.
Re: Burning Furore: What If It Were Bibles? by Nobody: 12:07am On Sep 10, 2010

@ post

These are my thoughts exactly. The whole world is living in fear of moslems and their demonic ways
Re: Burning Furore: What If It Were Bibles? by udezue(m): 4:36am On Sep 10, 2010
Exactly what I was thinking too. Overly violent and insecure set of people. This goes to prove as usual that there is nothing peaceful about the majority of them. If it were Jews, Christians or Hindus, no one will talking rubbish about violence. The fact is that they are cowards. Why not threaten to send warships to FL but instead they sent threats to innocent civilians. I had a field telling some Hausa bastards who were sending me nasty messages on FB about the issue. Mind I said nothing to attack the religion but simply condemned the fact that JEG and the government have not being able to put the violent elements of the religion in check. Anyways by the time I was done they knew better to not send me anymore messages. The world is living in fear of these religious freaks. Why can't they be religious without being murderous?
Re: Burning Furore: What If It Were Bibles? by bibiking1(m): 5:01am On Sep 10, 2010
well, me got e ma white flowing own and two hard bound Qurans! I'm going ahead with my burning, don't care what anyone says! Burn! Burn!! Burn!!!
Re: Burning Furore: What If It Were Bibles? by Oba234: 7:13am On Sep 10, 2010
in all honesty, if it was a bible event day, nobody would cares. Well at least it wouldn't receive as much attention as it receives now which I find hilarious that Muslims say they are a religion of peace, but everybody is scared of the religion of peace because they know they are easily provoke. Does anybody see the contradiction in this?

ps, I love my muslims brothers and sisters but this is something I have noticed lately.
Re: Burning Furore: What If It Were Bibles? by cicero(m): 10:54am On Sep 10, 2010
Re: Burning Furore: What If It Were Bibles? by dayokanu(m): 4:36pm On Sep 10, 2010
Father Musalam additionally told The Jerusalem Post that the Muslim gunmen used rocket-propeled grenades (RPGs) to blow through the doors of the church and school, before burning Bibles and destroying every cross they could get their hands on.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/285123/christians_in_gaza_fear_for_their_lives.html?cat=9

This happened 3yrs ago and the world did not go up in flames
Re: Burning Furore: What If It Were Bibles? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Sep 10, 2010
dayokanu:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/285123/christians_in_gaza_fear_for_their_lives.html?cat=9

This happened 3yrs ago and the world did not go up in flames

Can you imagine? I didn't even hear about that, meaning it was never headline news. Now there's going to be World War III because someone in America wants to burn his personal property (that happens to be a Quran) probably bought from a local bookshop.
Re: Burning Furore: What If It Were Bibles? by philip0906(m): 11:17pm On Sep 10, 2010
Saudi arabia burns the Bible regularly(u can check it up urself) but no body says anything.Go and c how christians r persecuted in these islamic countries,u'll pity them,but they fly 2 britain,Usa and other predominantly "christian" societies unabated.Go 2 d east,u'll c lots of all these abokis who are 99% muslims,living side by side with christians,selling suya,selling things in the market and they live peacefully.But in d north,Christians live in fear of their lives. . .Its just hypocrisy
Re: Burning Furore: What If It Were Bibles? by cold(m): 7:44pm On Sep 11, 2010
It's rather amusing how everyone cowers at the word 'Islam'.These days you can't say or do anything against islam for fear of retribution from extremists.Yet these people are given a free hand to attack any religion they please with impunity.What's wrong with this picture
Re: Burning Furore: What If It Were Bibles? by darqly(m): 8:27pm On Sep 11, 2010
Well its a pity the burning was called off. But one thing has been reaffirmed though,the world is awake to the hypocrisy,violence and hate that islam propagates. And this they accomplished single handedly.
Re: Burning Furore: What If It Were Bibles? by Arysexy(m): 1:36am On Sep 12, 2010
I will burn a Koran secretly and secretly smuggle the charred book into a nearby mosque, let me see if yhe cloud will fall!!!
Re: Burning Furore: What If It Were Bibles? by Nobody: 1:41am On Sep 12, 2010
my very thoughts are mirrored in this thread.
Re: Burning Furore: What If It Were Bibles? by Nobody: 9:34am On Sep 12, 2010
All religions are cooked-up stories! We can argue from now till the end of time, but one thing is certain - There is something terribly wrong with Islam as a religion.
Re: Burning Furore: What If It Were Bibles? by mazaje(m): 11:54am On Sep 12, 2010
Islam as a religion is a COMPLETE failure and is , that is why its adherents have to fight their way to make it relevant and give it some kind of importance. Why on earth will people always be fighting for their God? If Allah truly exist and is the most powerful as the love chanting why don't they let Allah deal with those that burn his book? Why must they always be in arm killing people because of some provocation?. . . . .Islam is a violent religion and that is a FACT. . . . .
Re: Burning Furore: What If It Were Bibles? by darkman200: 12:02pm On Sep 12, 2010
Islam is a backward religion and it's time the rest of the world gets their act together to confront the islamists the ways the jews will confront them, that is an eye for 100 eyes. Pay them back in their own coin, violence is the only language they understand.
Re: Burning Furore: What If It Were Bibles? by daylae(m): 12:25pm On Sep 12, 2010
Violence and innate barbarism in islam boils down to the advent of the religion itself. Islam came,and was popularized by means of violence and force;whereby any form of resistance resulted in wars.

Put-away any intent to religion sentiments,and common sense still dictates that any form of belief,faith,and doctrine,that is practised without peace,love,and tolerance for others,is not of God. If the faith was devinely established,a mere act of burning of the quran can never be a threat to the survival of islam,thereby causing sparks the world over.

There is no other book in history,even to this day,that has continually been subjected to popular casualties,than the bible;and yet the bible is still the most popular book that was ever written,translated,and distributed in so many languages.
Re: Burning Furore: What If It Were Bibles? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Sep 12, 2010
daylae:

Violence and innate barbarism in islam boils down to the advent of the religion itself. Islam came,and was popularized by means of violence and force;whereby any form of resistance resulted in wars.

Put-away any intent to religion sentiments,and common sense still dictates that any form of belief,faith,and doctrine,that is practised without peace,love,and tolerance for others,is not of God. If the faith was devinely established,a mere act of burning of the quran can never be a threat to the survival of islam,thereby causing sparks the world over.

There is no other book in history,even to this day,that has continually been subjected to popular casualties,than the bible; and yet the bible is still the most popular book that was ever written,translated,and distributed in so many languages.

No doubt about that. I just remembered Dan Brown's 'sacrilegious' book and its subsequent movie adaptation - The Da Vinci Code. The man tore the Bible's credibility to shreds and concocted all sorts of abominable theories and stories about the personal life of Jesus. Despite the controversy it generated, the only newsworthy reaction was a calm refutal by the Vatican.

Can anyone imagine how these repulsive moslems would have reacted if the Quran and their Mohammed had been the subject and object of Dan Brown's book and the subsequent movie?? Indeed, would the violent backlash and amageddon generated by the book itself have even made a movie adaptation thinkable?
Re: Burning Furore: What If It Were Bibles? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Sep 12, 2010
pro01:

No doubt about that. I just remembered Dan Brown's 'sacrilegious' book and its subsequent movie adaptation - The Da Vinci Code. The man tore the Bible's credibility to shreds and concocted all sorts of abominable theories and stories about the personal life of Jesus. Despite the controversy it generated, the only newsworthy reaction was a calm refutal by the Vatican.

Can anyone imagine how these repulsive moslems would have reacted if the Quran and their Mohammed had been the subject and object of Dan Brown's book and the subsequent movie?? Indeed, would the violent backlash and amageddon generated by the book itself have even made a movie adaptation thinkable?

You have summed everything up in a wonderful way with your analogy. Well said
Re: Burning Furore: What If It Were Bibles? by daylae(m): 1:21pm On Sep 12, 2010
Yeah,talk about dan brown's da vinci code. Many phillosophers,kings,emperors,scientists,tryants,and athiests have tried so hard in questioning,and negating the bible's credibility,but all efforts are futile. Most even come back later to comfirm the relevance of the book.

(1) (Reply)

Ohaneze Ndigbo And Southeast Governors: Making Bad Choices For The Southeast Zon / Fayemi Wept! / Dead Boko Haram Member Discovered To Be A Governor's Driver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.