Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,203 members, 7,880,742 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:21 AM

Wenger: Henry Snubbed Me After Monaco Sack - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Wenger: Henry Snubbed Me After Monaco Sack (522 Views)

Ronaldo Snubbed Me When I Tried Exchanging Jerseys With Him” – Simmy Nwankwo / Fans React Angrily After Lionel Messi Got Snubbed From FIFA's The Best Award / Alex Iwobi: "Why I Snubbed England To Play For Nigeria" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Wenger: Henry Snubbed Me After Monaco Sack by Thefresh: 12:45pm On Apr 03, 2019
Arsene Wenger - the former Arsenal manager has reported that former player Thierry Henry avoided him after getting sacked by AS Monaco.

Wenger, speaking with L’Equipe, revealed that his former captain has rejected the invitation to have dinner with him.

Recall that Henry was dismissed after just 20 games in charge of the Ligue 1 side, with predecessor Leonardo Jardim returning to the club in January.

Also, Wenger gave much assistance to Henry during his brief reign in charge and reached out to him when he was sacked, but the former striker was not ready to see his old boss.

According to Wenger:

“I called Thierry when it was bad, I encouraged him not to let go.

“When he was removed from his duties I tried to call but, hey… he experienced a form of mourning. I suggested to his agent to organise a meal with him.

SOURCE: https://www.freshreporters.com/2019/04/wenger-henry-snubbed-me-after-monaco.html

Re: Wenger: Henry Snubbed Me After Monaco Sack by Thefresh: 12:55pm On Apr 03, 2019
Thefresh:
Arsene Wenger - the former Arsenal manager has reported that former player Thierry Henry avoided him after getting sacked by AS Monaco.

Wenger, speaking with L’Equipe, revealed that his former captain has rejected the invitation to have dinner with him.

Recall that Henry was dismissed after just 20 games in charge of the Ligue 1 side, with predecessor Leonardo Jardim returning to the club in January.

Also, Wenger gave much assistance to Henry during his brief reign in charge and reached out to him when he was sacked, but the former striker was not ready to see his old boss.

According to Wenger:

“I called Thierry when it was bad, I encouraged him not to let go.

“When he was removed from his duties I tried to call but, hey… he experienced a form of mourning. I suggested to his agent to organise a meal with him.

SOURCE: https://www.freshreporters.com/2019/04/wenger-henry-snubbed-me-after-monaco.html
Re: Wenger: Henry Snubbed Me After Monaco Sack by Mariangeles(f): 3:13pm On Apr 03, 2019
Guilty conscience, nothing else.

Now, Thiery has learned the hard way that pride goes before a fall.

(1) (Reply)

Osaze Peter Odemwingie Announces Retirement From Football / Billionaire Dies At 75 Leaves Behind $560m For His Young Wife(photos) / Bayern Open Converses With Man City Over Sane

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.