Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,088 members, 7,887,168 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 11:16 PM

Gennie To Quit Nollywood? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Gennie To Quit Nollywood? (1358 Views)

Dr Sid Replies Fan Who Warned Him To Quit Music / [photos] M.I Shares Cryptic Message About Plans To Quit Music / Fred Nuamah Advises Yvonne Nelson To Quit Acting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gennie To Quit Nollywood? by lipuka(m): 8:15am On Sep 10, 2010
There is this story appearing in one of the online dailies, quoting Genevieve Nnaji, as saying that she will quit acting once she ties the knot. On the face of it, this is e very reasonable decision. Genie, like a true Nigerian wife, will want to devote her attention to being a good devoted wife and mother. And there is no doubt that she will be a wonderful wife and mother.

The reality, however, is something else. Gennie is not just any woman. Gennie is a talented actress. She has brought joy to many people with her acting, all over Africa. It would therefore a big loss to African film industry if she were to quit. Marriage should not be the reason for her to quit. There are many married people out there who combine marriage and other professions, among them acting. Gennie could do the same.

The other reason has something to do with the kind of man she intend to marry. If she marries a celebrity type, then we have to look at the marriage from another angle. In most cases, some people marry other celebrities as a marketing and public relations thing; just a marriage of convenience to boost sagging ratings on one of the two. Gennie does not need that, but the husband could. Sadly, such marriages never last. Just ask Stephanie Okereke.

I am perfectly aware of the egos of such persons too, so the husband could put preassure on Gennie to quit acting. She must resist this. Chances are, he would never have noticed her if she were not such a success. Gennie did not enter Nollywood to a husband. She did it because it is a career she loves. She should continue acting for herself. Shew also owes it to her fans worldwide
Re: Gennie To Quit Nollywood? by Tosinville(m): 11:35am On Sep 10, 2010
Well thats her own cup of coffee and no one can choose how to live her life for her.
Re: Gennie To Quit Nollywood? by hackney(m): 11:51am On Sep 10, 2010
Women that take time off their careers to dedicate time for family are the real women.

Jennifer garner did it
jennifer lopez did it
julia roberts did it
heidi klum did it
gisele bunchen did it.
So who are you not to do it? ? ? ?

Note that even if you are not as rich you can do it.

Kudos to any woman that does it.
You are the real women. when you return to your careers the world wouldnt have changed that much.
Re: Gennie To Quit Nollywood? by Nezed(f): 12:02pm On Sep 10, 2010
Make she first see the husband! Counting chicks before laying eggs.
Re: Gennie To Quit Nollywood? by Nakele(f): 3:21pm On Sep 10, 2010
NOW WHAT DOES STEPH HAS TO DO WITH THIS?? NAWAAAWOOO
Re: Gennie To Quit Nollywood? by Skidoc(m): 3:26pm On Sep 10, 2010
Nezed:

Make she first see the husband! Counting chicks before laying eggs.

LMAO. True though.
Re: Gennie To Quit Nollywood? by aieromon(m): 8:34pm On Sep 10, 2010
Quitting Nollywood for Marriagewood - bad idea.
Who be the mugu wey go marry this kain woman?I don't see the union lasting jor.
Re: Gennie To Quit Nollywood? by mamagee3(f): 11:21pm On Sep 10, 2010
That's her business. . .

And by the way what man would want to marry someone like her?

I'm just hoping it isn't because of her money.
Re: Gennie To Quit Nollywood? by Dolemite(f): 11:49pm On Sep 10, 2010
She hasn't really achieved much in Nollywood, she's just the queen of a low budget movie industry come on.  People like her have the power to push the industry to the next level and she's just going to quit? undecided
Re: Gennie To Quit Nollywood? by puskin: 4:15am On Sep 11, 2010
mMm??. . . .and I always tot that she was comfortable wit spinsterhood undecided
Re: Gennie To Quit Nollywood? by aieromon(m): 5:58am On Sep 11, 2010
Nah,they all secretly fantasize about having a family.
Re: Gennie To Quit Nollywood? by nellaluv(f): 10:34am On Sep 11, 2010
mama-gee:

That's her business. . .

I tot gene was every man's fantasy tongue
Re: Gennie To Quit Nollywood? by Skidoc(m): 12:40pm On Sep 11, 2010
nellaluv:

I tot gene was every man's fantasy tongue

Excluding me. Thanks.
Re: Gennie To Quit Nollywood? by nellaluv(f): 1:22pm On Sep 11, 2010
Like seriously, what is her crime, is it because she's Miss Independent?
Re: Gennie To Quit Nollywood? by KennyG6(m): 1:24pm On Sep 11, 2010
she is qutting because of me, embarassed
Re: Gennie To Quit Nollywood? by SeanT21(f): 4:26pm On Sep 11, 2010
Good for her!!
Re: Gennie To Quit Nollywood? by ikamefa(f): 6:22pm On Sep 11, 2010
@ topic ok we don hear grin

she will quit when i have my 50th pikin cheesy
Re: Gennie To Quit Nollywood? by SeanT21(f): 7:59pm On Sep 11, 2010
mama-gee:

That's her business. . .

I thought you were a fan of hers. Why the change of mind?
Re: Gennie To Quit Nollywood? by mamagee3(f): 10:42pm On Sep 11, 2010
SeanT21:

I thought you were a fan of hers. Why the change of mind?
I'm a big fan of her but I have to acknowledge that she has flaws in her character.

She's proud and full of herself, I can't imagine the marriage lasting for long.
Re: Gennie To Quit Nollywood? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Sep 11, 2010
mama-gee:

I'm a big fan of her but I have to acknowledge that she has flaws in her character.

She's proud and full of herself, I can't imagine the marriage lasting for long.

And what has she done to show that she is "proud and full of herself"?

Her only flaw I see is her music career undecided
Re: Gennie To Quit Nollywood? by mamagee3(f): 10:45pm On Sep 11, 2010
^^Nah, she's full of herself.

Her demeanor in some of her interviews speak a lot about her ego.

That's just my opinion though!
Re: Gennie To Quit Nollywood? by favouredjb(f): 1:02pm On Sep 12, 2010
Yea,I have to agree with u mamagee,and she tlks as if she doesn't really need a man, at least from some of her interviews av read
Re: Gennie To Quit Nollywood? by THEAMAKA(f): 5:44pm On Sep 12, 2010
haters. . . while all of you people are talking. . . my question is

source?
Re: Gennie To Quit Nollywood? by Nwaka77: 6:31pm On Sep 12, 2010
THE AMAKA:

haters. . . while all of you people are talking. . . my question is

source?

For real! That was what I thought too. Besides, Naija tabloids are good at coming up with fake tales anyway. I will take whatever they claim with a grain of salt.

aieromon:

Nah,they all secretly fantasize about having a family.

How do you know this? Are you in their brain? Besides, don't most Nigerians marry mainly just to give birth to children? The girl already has a child and she does not need a man to provide for her since she is doing that quite well on her own. So, whether she chooses to marry or not is her perogative. In advanced societies, no one gives a damn if you are married or not except if you are in politics because ordinarily, your marital status does not change the price of fish. Now in Nigeria AKA the cesspit of confusion, 419 scam and consistent darkness and lack of basic amenities, it is a whole nother story cheesy grin LOL
Re: Gennie To Quit Nollywood? by calyx: 10:15pm On Sep 12, 2010
mama-gee:

^^Nah, she's full of herself.

Her demeanor in some of her interviews speak a lot about her ego.

That's just my opinion though!

. . .yea, well, your opinion kindda sucks. . .
Re: Gennie To Quit Nollywood? by mamagee3(f): 10:45pm On Sep 12, 2010
calyx:

. . .yea, well, your opinion kindda sucks. . .
Does yours rock?
Re: Gennie To Quit Nollywood? by newspapers: 11:43am On Jul 03, 2014
She quits already o. In a recent interview, Nollywood actress, Genevieve Nnaji explains why she hasn’t been featuring in nollywood movies these days.

She said:

“I guess I haven’t found the right script yet. Creativity and depth are the qualities that I look out for in a script. In the beginning, the movie industry emphasized quantity but things are changing and there is an improvement in trend. I am among the people who advocate for

the improvement of the industry. So said, I am constantly watching out for the kind of stories I take part in.

“I am in support of movies that show a great deal of professionalism and creativity. Having practised my art in international and professionally produced stories like ‘Ije’; ‘Mirror boy;’ and ‘Tango with me’, I don’t think I can return to the blandness and mediocrity that characterised Nollywood in the past. I have respected myself as an artiste. I think the success stems from the fact that I have given acting my all.” she said

http://www.naijarep.com.ng/genevieve-nnaji-quits-nollywood-calls-school-mediocre/

(1) (Reply)

Night Of Thousand Laughs Made Me Popular, Left Me Poor--mc Basketmouth / Exclusive:m-kaze Beef P Square For Stealing His Song: / Nollywood's Patience Ozokwor Joins Hollywood.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.