Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,116 members, 7,919,615 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 11:17 AM

Policeman Attacked By Mad Man In Kwara Dies - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Policeman Attacked By Mad Man In Kwara Dies (785 Views)

'Mad Man' Strangles Junior WAEC Student To Death In Ondo / Mad Man Found With N4Million In Ibadan, Fetish Items And Pictures Recovered / Kwara 'Mad Man' Caught With N100m Cheque, Condoms, 4 ATM Cards, Politicians Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Policeman Attacked By Mad Man In Kwara Dies by EmagNig(m): 7:59pm On Apr 03, 2019
A policeman attached to Omu-Aran Police Division in Kwara, who was attacked by a suspected mad man, is dead, the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports

The deceased, simply identified as Sgt. Abu, was said to be within the premises of the police station when he was attacked on Tuesday afternoon by the assailant.

The assailant, who was armed with a cutlass and other dangerous weapons, was said to be showing signs of insanity before the attack.

NAN reports that the assailant was said to be a scavenger.

The deceased was said to have been rushed to a private hospital in the town, but was later transfered to Ido Medical Centre in Ekiti State where he died on Wednesday.

The assailant, who hails from Aran-Orin, was said to have first approached the station with a shovel and a wooden stick, but was disarmed.

He was said to have later returned to the station where he attacked the deceased.

An eye witness told NAN that it took the combined efforts of some commercial motorcyclists and a police patrol team before the assailant, who took to his heels after the attack, could be apprehended at the Taiwo Area of the town.

“I was on my motorcycle when I saw the fleeing man holding a cutlass and a wood.

“He was wearing a red attire and we followed him. Later, some other motorcyclists joined in the chase and on getting to Taiwo Area, he stopped, dropped his weapons and raised up his hands.

“It was in the process that he was arrested by the police and moved to the station,” the eye witness, who preferred anonymity, said.

When contacted, Ajayi Okasanmi, the police spokesperson in the state, confirmed the incident.

Okasanmi said investigation into the case was being carried out in collaboration with the Divisional Police Officer in Omu-Aran.

https://lailasnews.com/policeman-attacked-by-mad-man-in-kwara-dies/

lalasticlala

Re: Policeman Attacked By Mad Man In Kwara Dies by Chepos1(m): 8:25pm On Apr 03, 2019
Village people at work.
RIP

Re: Policeman Attacked By Mad Man In Kwara Dies by extralargehead(m): 8:39pm On Apr 03, 2019
Even mad people have joined in the attack on the police , what a useless job.
Re: Policeman Attacked By Mad Man In Kwara Dies by Nobody: 8:43pm On Apr 03, 2019
nobody is save in this country. Lord I seek for your divine protection over my life and family
Re: Policeman Attacked By Mad Man In Kwara Dies by GANAYAD: 11:09pm On Apr 03, 2019
Something tells me settlement is involved in this story, the write up favoured the mad man
Re: Policeman Attacked By Mad Man In Kwara Dies by Xisnin(m): 6:24am On Apr 04, 2019
The "mad" man is about to be cured at the hands of NPF.
Condolences in advance to him.
Re: Policeman Attacked By Mad Man In Kwara Dies by Mutemenot(m): 6:36am On Apr 04, 2019
Mad man more active than those shouting endsars on Twitter n Insta sad

(1) (Reply)

We Have Ruined Our Lives – Brothers Arrested For Alleged Ritual Killing / Herdsmen Kill One In Owerri, Abandoned Over 30 Cows / Photos From The Burial Of FUOYE Student Killed By Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.