Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,895 members, 7,931,100 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 04:30 PM

Odemwingie announces retirement from football - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Odemwingie announces retirement from football (27858 Views)

Peter Odemwingie Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today / Osaze Odemwingie Apologizes To Peter Okoye. Mr P Reacts / Osaze Odemwingie: Amara, Kanu Nwankwo's Wife Chasing Me In My DM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Odemwingie announces retirement from football by IamCeazer(m): 12:09pm On Apr 04, 2019
who cares
Re: Odemwingie announces retirement from football by Bigii(m): 12:10pm On Apr 04, 2019
writefreely:
unlucky

Yes "Very Unlucky". Can you say he's a successful player?
Re: Odemwingie announces retirement from football by meobizy(f): 12:12pm On Apr 04, 2019
Okay.
Good for him.
Where can I buy pizza?
I don tire to chow eba.
Re: Odemwingie announces retirement from football by Saheed9: 12:12pm On Apr 04, 2019
Can't forget those goals against South Africa in the 2004 nation's cup

1 Like

Re: Odemwingie announces retirement from football by kevinexit(m): 12:12pm On Apr 04, 2019
My experience player.. well-done.

U done try ....

Please check my signature .. to get paid. Whilst reading news.
Re: Odemwingie announces retirement from football by nedubest(m): 12:13pm On Apr 04, 2019
Abudu2000:
Lol,smdh football bis a very Useless and nonsense career. Music is far the best in entertainment. At least musicians leave a footprint but footballers, lol not so sure coz I haven't seen anyone going to watch past matches on YouTube. Mtcheeew

Pple dey do am bros. Football unties people mahn
Re: Odemwingie announces retirement from football by dfrost: 12:13pm On Apr 04, 2019
Bigii:

He's not. Stubbornness no gree the guy. I like the guy sha. wink
Re: Odemwingie announces retirement from football by kevinexit(m): 12:15pm On Apr 04, 2019
My experience player.. well-done.

U done try ....

Please check my signature .. . Whilst reading news.
Re: Odemwingie announces retirement from football by tafat: 12:15pm On Apr 04, 2019
Congratulations to him, he served his country well, especially with that assist Yakubu Ayegbeni refused to score

Re: Odemwingie announces retirement from football by Famocious(m): 12:16pm On Apr 04, 2019
Can't forget his Twitter rants those days and goals against South Africa at Tunisia 2004 Africa cup of Nation
Re: Odemwingie announces retirement from football by okpanachipeter: 12:16pm On Apr 04, 2019
There is time for eveey thong, Osazw my man, I hale u oo.
Re: Odemwingie announces retirement from football by daddio(m): 12:18pm On Apr 04, 2019
nepapole:
Eeya. One of the very very very few naija guys who played with his original age.

YOU CAN'T KEEP SECRET, IN FACT YOU ARE TOO WICKED
Re: Odemwingie announces retirement from football by Studyinchina200(m): 12:20pm On Apr 04, 2019
At 37?
anochuko01:
naija best player those days...but shakara too much
Re: Odemwingie announces retirement from football by stagger: 12:27pm On Apr 04, 2019
nepapole:
Eeya. One of the very very very few naija guys who played with his original age.

That's because he was born in Russia, so no way to falsify anything.
Re: Odemwingie announces retirement from football by Nobody: 12:29pm On Apr 04, 2019
Him been still dey play ball ni?? perhaps the only Nigerian footballer wey no use football age
Re: Odemwingie announces retirement from football by Nobody: 12:30pm On Apr 04, 2019
Bigii:

shutup your mouth. Its not everyone you see on TV that tried to play football. And this guy played professional football for more than 10 years. He nor try?? Forget say he no win many trophies, the money involved and the exposure, among other benefits, won't you qualify that as being successful?? Go siddon jor.

1 Like

Re: Odemwingie announces retirement from football by fredoooooo: 12:30pm On Apr 04, 2019
All the best for the future bro ....you did your best cool
Re: Odemwingie announces retirement from football by BluntBoy(m): 12:35pm On Apr 04, 2019
writefreely:
a 37 yrs old player retiring unlucky Bad belle is allowed.

He didn't win any notable laurels.

No AFCON gold, no Club laurels (none that I know of), no notable personal achievements like African best player award, etcetera.

Yet, he was very hardworking and dedicated.

2 Likes

Re: Odemwingie announces retirement from football by DayDreamer05(m): 12:37pm On Apr 04, 2019
Once my role model�
Re: Odemwingie announces retirement from football by Olufemiolaolu(m): 12:39pm On Apr 04, 2019
awesome player. i wish all the best.
Re: Odemwingie announces retirement from football by donbenie(m): 12:44pm On Apr 04, 2019
Abudu2000:
Lol,smdh football bis a very Useless and nonsense career. Music is far the best in entertainment. At least musicians leave a footprint but footballers, lol not so sure coz I haven't seen anyone going to watch past matches on YouTube. Mtcheeew
Am sure Ronaldo's and Messi's bank account among others will disagree with this your assertion.. shocked
Re: Odemwingie announces retirement from football by Zzyy(m): 12:46pm On Apr 04, 2019
Michaelkings:
Please where is Simply Kush,abi he don die

Lol Dem Don ban him ancestors grin grin
Re: Odemwingie announces retirement from football by donbenie(m): 12:50pm On Apr 04, 2019
BluntBoy:

He didn't win any notable laurels.

No AFCON gold, no Club laurels (none that I know of), no notable personal achievements like African best player award, etcetera.

Yet, he was very hardworking and dedicated.
He did not have to win major Laurels to be termed successful..

He played in the World Cup,was an Olympic Silver Medalist, played and won Bronze in several Nations Cup..

Featured in the Premier League among other Leagues..

That in my book is a memorable career..

1 Like

Re: Odemwingie announces retirement from football by DelphiOracle(m): 1:00pm On Apr 04, 2019
Abudu2000:
I always go back n watch old interesting matches. If u love football, u can always do so.
Re: Odemwingie announces retirement from football by 8stargeneral: 1:04pm On Apr 04, 2019
Can't forget d guy two goals against south Africa 2010
Re: Odemwingie announces retirement from football by BluntBoy(m): 1:05pm On Apr 04, 2019
donbenie:
He does not have to win Laurels to be termed successful..

He played in the World Cup,was an Olympic Silver Medalist, played and won Bronze in several Nations Cup..

Featured in the Premier League among other Leagues..

That in my book is a memorable career..

When I saw "unlucky" in the guy's post, I didn't think of it in the light of "success" or lack of it.

Was he a successful player, I wouldn't suppose so.

It is understandable if he thinks playing at the world cup or premier league was enough. But I don't think any serious player would think so. Football is a competitive game. Being contended with making an appearance and not much of a serious contest does not sound well to me as something to describe a successful player. What difference would it make to a serious player that he played in the top league without ever winning or coming close to winning?

However, I don't regard Osaze as unserious. Hence, I would agree he was unlucky to retire without winning anything of note.

Even Okocha laments the absence of the CAF Player trophy on his shelf.
Re: Odemwingie announces retirement from football by Nobody: 1:14pm On Apr 04, 2019
He had not retired before?

He spoilt his career the day he drove to QPR on deadline day to look for a transfer
Re: Odemwingie announces retirement from football by Bigii(m): 1:22pm On Apr 04, 2019
writefreely:
shutup your mouth. Its not everyone you see on TV that tried to play football. And this guy played professional football for more than 10 years. He nor try?? Forget say he no win many trophies, the money involved and the exposure, among other benefits, won't you qualify that as being successful?? Go siddon jor.

Obviously you lack understanding and i am not ready to school you on who is a happily successful player. I am a big fan of Odemwingie he gives me joy whenever i see him playing on the pitch but he's very unlucky in his football career. Ask him today, he would tell you he's not so lucky in football if not he would have gone higher than this considering how skillful he plays.

Olodo undecided
Re: Odemwingie announces retirement from football by Martinez39(m): 1:37pm On Apr 04, 2019
Obinna Nsofor, Odemwinge, Obafemi Martins and co were too full of themselves then. Their shakara was too much for Sia Sia. They felt irreplaceable until Keshi came and showed them that Nigeria can depend on home based players by winning the 2013 AFCON. They started humbling themselves but it was too late for many of them as they never smelled the national team again.

Obinna Nsofor, where is he with all the disobedience and shakara for Sia Sia then? grin
Re: Odemwingie announces retirement from football by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 1:54pm On Apr 04, 2019
WilliamsChelster:
Finally his body have followed his career to retire after how many years grin

Has* angry
Re: Odemwingie announces retirement from football by doggedfighter(f): 2:01pm On Apr 04, 2019
Well done

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man City Fan Arrested For Alleged Racist Abuse Against Fred Faces Life Ban / Usain Bolt Wins Gold In Men's 100m At 2012 Olympics / Iheanacho: Leicester City FC Congratulate Senior Man 'kels'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.